Thread: Monaco GP news&team quotes

Monaco GP news&team quotes

Kimi and James Allison talk about Monaco

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Yes, alot of people hate this race, because of the nature of the track. But, i have over past few years come to like it. Its the whole event, yes the race can be dull, but its watching the drivers pin point each entry and exit, one smallest move be all over. Lets hope we can have good weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Yes, alot of people hate this race, because of the nature of the track. But, i have over past few years come to like it. Its the whole event, yes the race can be dull, but its watching the drivers pin point each entry and exit, one smallest move be all over. Lets hope we can have good weekend.
    I'm hoping for this to be a turning point for Ferrari's season

Really lifted my spirits to see JA in the video, hoping he will be at the race - it's so close he has to be there!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Renault says it is 'disappointing' for Formula 1 that teams are having to find ways to play around with tyre pressures because of high starting limits, amid the ongoing controversy about the matter.

There have been concerns expressed recently by a number of teams that some outfits have found clever ways to legally bring down pressures from the minimum starting limits laid down by Pirelli and the FIA.

The concern is that if they are forced to pursue similar ideas then it could lead to a dramatic escalation of spending.

As a result of the worries, the FIA has told teams to log all their tyre pressure data from this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix so that the governing body can see if teams are acting in a way that is outside of the spirit of the regulations.

If some teams are able to bring the pressures down – which is believed to be done through clever heating and then cooling of the air inside the tyres – then it could hand them a performance advantage.

Renault technical director Bob Bell said the situation is not ideal, and that teams would rather be back in a situation where they were left alone to choose the tyre pressures.

"It is disappointing that we are having to do this," he told Motorsport.com. "I am sure we would all rather be back as we were before with much more relaxed tyre pressures that were more in line with getting maximum performance from the tyres and not having to go through all this.

"It is a situation that we find ourselves in. We will make the best of it, but it is not ideal."

No cheating

Bell has played down talk that some teams may be breaking the regulations – through double-chambered rims or clever valves – but admits that heating parts of the cars can bring benefits.

"We don't have any tricks, I can honestly tell you – and if there was a good one I would love to tell you what it is," he said.

"I think there is stuff you can do around the edges, how you heat the tyres and rims, uprights – and all the thermal effects related to a corner of a car – and how all that soaks into the tyres and how that affects the pressure.

"There is stuff around the edges you can do – but I would be sort of surprised if there is a blatant brilliant idea that nobody else had thought of."

He added: "At the minute, like every team, we are trying to think of ways completely legal ways of making the situation better

"But it is clear that some teams have got a better handle on it than others. I don't think they are doing anything overtly illegal. They are just better at managing it and that is something that we need to put more effort in to.

"But we are under resourced at the minute. We don't have a factory full of people who can just be sat focusing all our energy on that problem. We've got a lot of other things to worry about as well."

Live pressures

Bell said Renault would welcome a proposal that has been put forward by McLaren for the 'starting' pressure limit to be replaced with a 'running' pressure.

For that to happen, F1 needs to come up with an effective way of live monitoring of pressures – which could be done through a tender for a standard tyre pressure sensor.

Bell said: "We would definitely support something that levels the playing field. I suspect we are probably not doing quite as good a job on it as other teams, as we have other things to worry about at the minute.

"I think that will probably help us a little bit. But this year we have probably got more important things to be focusing our energy on."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...inting-740048/

how's the weather gonna be like for this weekend??
    i've heard of rain come Sunday...is that right?

Well it looks like Reno will be using its new engine this week.
    Pitpass article says it could be worth half a second a lap.
    Thats significant. they have 2 available, 1 for themselves n 1 for RB.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    how's the weather gonna be like for this weekend??
    i've heard of rain come Sunday...is that right?
    It's forcasted to rain this Sunday. In reality, it means it will be bright and sunny on Sunday and thunderstorming on Monday
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    It's forcasted to rain this Sunday. In reality, it means it will be bright and sunny on Sunday and thunderstorming on Monday
    let's hope this happens....dry monaco race is WAY better then wet...
    wet race is always a lottery, then again maybe that's what we NEED to WIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Well it looks like Reno will be using its new engine this week.
    Pitpass article says it could be worth half a second a lap.
    Thats significant. they have 2 available, 1 for themselves n 1 for RB.
    I don't believe they can get a 0.5 worth upgrade in Monaco

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Whoever doesn't like Monaco race, then he shouldn't like F1! It is an amazing race

I do not believe we are going to do well here. It is a circuit where the car must stay planted and be quick through slow corners. As Allison said the car must handle perfect so the driver trusts to give it his all without hitting the wall, the car needs good traction because of those low speed corners. We are 3rd at best to these kind of specifications with RBR and Merc well ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by vagos View Post
    Whoever doesn't like Monaco race, then he shouldn't like F1! It is an amazing race
    Love F1 but this is not a race, it's a glorified parade.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    it's a glorified parade.
    One minor mistake and it can be all over. That's the beauty of it. And the qualifications are awesome.

Monaco is one of my favorite tracks along with Monza, Brazil, Spa, and Silverstone. The skill required to be successful in Monaco is staggering, and that is what makes it so enjoyable for me.

Disappointed Since 2010

Monaco is a drivers nightmare to drive, but a driver's dream to win. The best of the races to brag about winning.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I do not believe we are going to do well here. It is a circuit where the car must stay planted and be quick through slow corners. As Allison said the car must handle perfect so the driver trusts to give it his all without hitting the wall, the car needs good traction because of those low speed corners. We are 3rd at best to these kind of specifications with RBR and Merc well ahead.
    Who said we are 3rd best chassis?
    We are at best 4th after Red Bull, Mercs, McLaren. Alonso went to lengths to point that out. Ron Dennis did as well. Heck, according to Monsieur Boullier, we are behind Toro Rosso as well.

Did I leave any team out that have presently got a better chassis than us?... ummm Williams?!?
    Such passion shown by Mclaren to hate Ferrari!

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Yeah, many here seem willing to accept the 4th best rating, I'm not buying it!
    Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    Who said we are 3rd best chassis?
    We are at best 4th after Red Bull, Mercs, McLaren. Alonso went to lengths to point that out. Ron Dennis did as well. Heck, according to Monsieur Boullier, we are behind Toro Rosso as well.

Did I leave any team out that have presently got a better chassis than us?... ummm Williams?!?
    Such passion shown by Mclaren to hate Ferrari!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Yeah, many here seem willing to accept the 4th best rating, I'm not buying it!
    "Sir" Ron Badloser is the one and only figure in F1 that I truly despise. He has loathed Ferrari for decades. He is a nasty piece of work who doesn't even know the word 'sportsmanlike'..

Ironically, was 'his' team that got caught cheating and fined zillions, despite his regular accusations against Ferrari. ********
    Last edited by Rob; 27th May 2016 at 08:27.
    Trying to be less angry..

So if we Q better than most everyone, does that mean our chassis is better
    than some are making out?

JA mentioned they had a cac thursday and that sat should be better.
    These guys arent morons. Theres more in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    "Sir" Ron Badloser is the one and only figure in F1 that I truly despise. He has loathed Ferrari for decades. He is a nasty piece of work who doesn't even know the word 'sportsmanlike'..

Ironically, was 'his' team that got caught cheating and fined zillions, despite his regular accusations against Ferrari. ********
    AMEN! RD continues to spew the smelly brown stuff he's famous for!