Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293041 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 480 of 1314

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

  1. #451
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Number of things really:

    1.) Had a 2 or 3 yr leap on the new formula hybrid PU; and every year(since 2014) they were a year ahead of everyone else in the PU dept.

    2.) ummmmmm.....yeah.....thats it really....OH yeah, their "FRIC" system(ran it 2yrs) which got "takin away" this year and they had to revert to plan B.

    3.) We are on year 4 of this hybrid PU and this year its RELIABILITY.....so back to #1 really.

    4.) One more thing: quali mode and boost mode during the race....clueless how they do it....sooooo back to #1 again.
    merc had a bus hybrid engine that took power from braking using batteries in 1969
    FERRARI In F1 =
    has the prestige and passion for Motor Racing that is unrivaled

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    21
    Vettel no spoiled brat, says Horner

    Sebastian Vettel is no spoiled brat and his angry outbursts – plus behaviour like Baku – are just signs of how hungry he is to win, reckons his former boss Christian Horner.

    Vettel is locked in a tight championship battle with Lewis Hamilton, and courted controversy last month when he swerved into Hamilton behind the safety car in Baku.

    While some have viewed Vettel's behaviour – including numerous radio outbursts – as evidence of him feeling the pressure, Horner sees things very differently.

    He believes instead that Vettel has always been an emotional man behind the wheel, simply because he is so fiercely competitive.


    "I think Sebastian, he wears his heart on his sleeve and he is involved in a very intense battle," said Horner.

    "He sees an opportunity to be a champion again this year and he knows he's going to need everything going his way against Mercedes to achieve that.

    "He has zero filter between what he thinks and what he says sometimes or what he does and that's the great side of him. But sometimes it gets him in hot water as well."

    Schumacher traits

    Horner, who helped take Vettel to four consecutive titles with Red Bull between 2010 and 2013, sees similarities between the German and Michael Schumacher.

    "Sebastian is a great character," he said. "You don't see much of his character perhaps in his current environment. He's a fun guy, he loves British humour, he's very good with the mechanics of teams."

    "He turned up here [at Red Bull] always with chocolates for the receptionists and girls around the factory.

    "He was always very generous not in just gifting something to the team but also for the whole factory. He spent hours signing stuff and investing into the team.

    "He's got this huge desire within him, the records mean a lot to him. Michael Schumacher was very much his idol and I think what we see sometimes is that killer instinct of 'I wanna win', sometimes at all costs.

    When asked if he felt that Ferrari should be better tempering Vettel's intensity, Horner said: "I think it's a matter of channelling it. But Ferrari is an emotional team, and the Latin fuels that emotion.

    "I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it shows he's human at the end of the day and shows how hungry he is to achieve that ultimate goal."

    Ferrari future

    Vettel does not have a contract beyond the end of this year and, while Horner says he would be surprised to see the German move away from Ferrari, he suspects Mercedes are courting him for 2019.

    "I'd be amazed if he left," he said. "I would think he's got Toto in his ear trying to say extend for a year and then he's probably got Ferrari saying it's three years or nothing.

    "I guess he wants to see through what he started at Ferrari. He went there for a reason, to build something and very much emulate what Michael had done. Stepping out now with the progress they have would be a job half done."

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    104
    He is coming across as a brat though, even complaining about Verstappen doing to him what he himself had done literally 1 corner before. I hope none of his tantrums result in a DNF. We have an intriguing season and would hate to see the outcome affected by temperament.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    He is coming across as a brat though, even complaining about Verstappen doing to him what he himself had done literally 1 corner before. I hope none of his tantrums result in a DNF. We have an intriguing season and would hate to see the outcome affected by temperament.
    As Eddie Irvine said - all of them are spoiled brats

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    As Eddie Irvine said - all of them are spoiled brats
    Yes. It's not like Max didn't complain either.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,715
    I think if anyone knows Seb well it's Horner. After all he worked with him long enough to get a deep insight into his character. To win 4 championships back to back he must be fiercely competitive but we wouldn't want him any other way. He's trying to emulate his great role model Michael.
    I cannot see Horner praising an opponent if it wasn't richly deserved.
    We see snapshots of Seb's character carefully edited to make him appear the fall guy imo


    Forza Jules

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    As Eddie Irvine said - all of them are spoiled brats
    yup

    Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I think if anyone knows Seb well it's Horner. After all he worked with him long enough to get a deep insight into his character. To win 4 championships back to back he must be fiercely competitive but we wouldn't want him any other way. He's trying to emulate his great role model Michael.
    I cannot see Horner praising an opponent if it wasn't richly deserved.
    We see snapshots of Seb's character carefully edited to make him appear the fall guy imo
    Well said. We also see them (Seb & Horner) still talk currently in the pit lane from time to time.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,972
    He's been linked to mercs for 2019. Let's see how it turns out. If he finds no scope in terms of development of car or challenging for win. He would call it off n sign for mercs in 2019. That too would be revealed after 2018 summer break.

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I agree most of your thoughts, and I think we had a really bad luck in Silverstone, because that Ericsson crash in FP3, it took 20 minutes and I believe that was a disaster for us, because trend has been, that fridays we are not good, but in saturdays we take a jump, we get settings right, but now we lost that 20 minutes. Someone wrote that Ferrari is a really good car, but it has one big problem, that is very small operating window with settings, and I have to believe that, because we get things right usually end of FP3.
    Kimi said that problem in Silverstone was poor downforce and wind, but I do not think so, car is good, but difficult to get settings right, but when they are right, then we fight for wins. And I am sure we gonna see that in future races, when there is no problems in friday and saturday.
    Just how I see things at the moment.
    It's amazing for me how anyone of us reckon we know better than the Drivers - a very experienced, WC at that.

  10. #460
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,328
    Quote Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
    [B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"]


    .



    "I guess he wants to see through what he started at Ferrari. He went there for a reason, to build something and very much emulate what Michael had done. Stepping out now with the progress they have would be a job half done."
    Seb must see Lewis as the current driver emulating Schumy, breaking records and doing it at Merc where Schumy chose to end his career, not @ Ferrari. Imagine what he's going through, "Stay, Don't stay". Is Merc his "Home away from home? " As was Schumy's choice! And now with Lewis' 5th home win, there's only 1 pt. between them.

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    290
    No- one will ever be able to match Schumi at Ferrari.

    1996-2006..11 seasons.

    He got a lot of money for it, but oh my god..I never have changed my opinion so much about a driver joining Ferrari during the 40 years I have supported the Scuderia.

    There were not only the races, but only all the in-season testing where he worked his butt off.

    I cannot believe there will be anyone in the future to match him in our car..

    Thanks legend Schumi

    Forza Ferrari, Seb and Kimi

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,388
    I think F1 should come to their senses and allow testing again. I think Vettel would love it.

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,717
    HAM has had the benefit of the best car since 2014 and the V6 turbo-hybrid era, likewise Seb had the best car with RB before that, Schumi had the best car for maybe 2 seasons 2002/2004, so there is no way that HAM can match Schumi's achievements given equal circumstances. Seb is giving his all for Ferrari and has a similar mind-set to Schumi, so I hope to God he stays with us.

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    HAM has had the benefit of the best car since 2014 and the V6 turbo-hybrid era, likewise Seb had the best car with RB before that, Schumi had the best car for maybe 2 seasons 2002/2004, so there is no way that HAM can match Schumi's achievements given equal circumstances. Seb is giving his all for Ferrari and has a similar mind-set to Schumi, so I hope to God he stays with us.


    I hope so too Seb will stay with us for a long time.

    By the way today 15 years ago French GP and Schumis 3rd. WDC with us..In July..

    What a great battle with Kimi at the end.

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,715
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    HAM has had the benefit of the best car since 2014 and the V6 turbo-hybrid era, likewise Seb had the best car with RB before that, Schumi had the best car for maybe 2 seasons 2002/2004, so there is no way that HAM can match Schumi's achievements given equal circumstances. Seb is giving his all for Ferrari and has a similar mind-set to Schumi, so I hope to God he stays with us.
    Totally agree with everything here Wisepie.
    I really hope Seb stays with us. He's great for the marque, works hard for the team and is a class act. I thought when he learned to speak Italian before he joined us it just showed how really committed he is to the Scuderia and wants to be with us.
    Arrivabene wasn't joking when he said "Why would I want Hamilton when I have got Vettel" I couldn't agree more with him!!!!!


    Forza Jules

  16. #466
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    30
    I would like Vettel to do the 1 year deal at Ferrari and then we have to go all in for Verstappen Next Year, I'm talking buying out contracts etc. What's the point in spending 135 million on Vettel if we can buy out Verstappen for less.

    I would say we need to forget all this "experienced driver" stuff and go out and get the best young drivers available, and they are Verstappen and Riccardo, both of them have multiple titles in them in the right car, both have outstanding racecraft offensively and defensively and both are rapid.

    Vettel is not a top 3 driver in F1 imo, that will shock some people but I actually rate Hamilton, Alonso, Riccardo and Verstappen above him.

    In the right car at the right time, Vettel can win titles no question, but we don't need to be held to ransom with Vettel telling us we have to keep kimi if we want him to stay, there are better drivers out of contact in the next couple of years.

  17. #467
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,972
    Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post


    I hope so too Seb will stay with us for a long time.

    By the way today 15 years ago French GP and Schumis 3rd. WDC with us..In July..

    What a great battle with Kimi at the end.
    I don't see him stay at ferrari, if he doesn't get title this year or next year.

  18. #468
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,507

    What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariRed View Post
    I would like Vettel to do the 1 year deal at Ferrari and then we have to go all in for Verstappen Next Year, I'm talking buying out contracts etc. What's the point in spending 135 million on Vettel if we can buy out Verstappen for less.

    I would say we need to forget all this "experienced driver" stuff and go out and get the best young drivers available, and they are Verstappen and Riccardo, both of them have multiple titles in them in the right car, both have outstanding racecraft offensively and defensively and both are rapid.

    Vettel is not a top 3 driver in F1 imo, that will shock some people but I actually rate Hamilton, Alonso, Riccardo and Verstappen above him.

    In the right car at the right time, Vettel can win titles no question, but we don't need to be held to ransom with Vettel telling us we have to keep kimi if we want him to stay, there are better drivers out of contact in the next couple of years.
    Yeah I agree with most of your post. I'd really like to see Verstappen driving for us, he has got everything that a Ferrari driver should have. The most important thing is, kid never gives up, the way he fought Vettel with a slower car disadvantage was great to see
    “I prefer to beat them on Sunday” -Fernando Alonso, Press Conference Korean GP 2010

    "Giornata fantastica !!"- Andrea Stella, European GP 2012


  19. #469
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,972
    Ferrari should pull both max & DR to Ferrari team if vet goes out.
    They have good understanding as a pair. No parities.
    Both will extract maximum out of the car which is good for WCC.

  20. #470
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariRed View Post
    I would like Vettel to do the 1 year deal at Ferrari and then we have to go all in for Verstappen Next Year, I'm talking buying out contracts etc. What's the point in spending 135 million on Vettel if we can buy out Verstappen for less.

    I would say we need to forget all this "experienced driver" stuff and go out and get the best young drivers available, and they are Verstappen and Riccardo, both of them have multiple titles in them in the right car, both have outstanding racecraft offensively and defensively and both are rapid.

    Vettel is not a top 3 driver in F1 imo, that will shock some people but I actually rate Hamilton, Alonso, Riccardo and Verstappen above him.

    In the right car at the right time, Vettel can win titles no question, but we don't need to be held to ransom with Vettel telling us we have to keep kimi if we want him to stay, there are better drivers out of contact in the next couple of years.
    I also agree with much of what you've said, but I think you're doing Seb an injustice, yes he's getting a bit desperate on occasions but he's a real fighter just like Verstappen, something I wouldn't have said when he was at RB and our main competitor!! As for Ferrari needing an experienced driver in the second car, I think those days are over and we should take a chance on a young driver, otherwise why have the Driver Academy.
    Last edited by wisepie; 22nd July 2017 at 18:12.

  21. #471
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    769
    I miss Felipe Massa

  22. #472
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,715
    Quote Originally Posted by vecchiasignora View Post
    I miss Felipe Massa
    You are not alone there but we need to let Felipe retire with dignity.
    I loved him in racing in red but I still wouldn't want to see him back now.


    Forza Jules

  23. #473
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I don't see him stay at ferrari, if he doesn't get title this year or next year.
    Maybe you're right, however if Seb will decide to stay another 3-4 years with us, I will be a very happy tifoso .

  24. #474
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,292
    Seriously i don't understand why the keep denying Alonso's return. He was delivering with a more inferior car back then.

  25. #475
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,972
    Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Seriously i don't understand why the keep denying Alonso's return. He was delivering with a more inferior car back then.
    They don't want him because of his attitude. That's the only problem. Otherwise he's perfect fit for Ferrari team.

  26. #476
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,972
    Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    Maybe you're right, however if Seb will decide to stay another 3-4 years with us, I will be a very happy tifoso .
    Seb want titles, if he's intended to stay at Ferrari. Then he must see the progress n development path of Ferrari car. Then only he can stay at Ferrari. Else there's no meaning of staying for 3-4yrs

  27. #477
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,328
    Quote Originally Posted by vecchiasignora View Post
    I miss Felipe Massa
    Ringrazio per le osservazioni che ha esspresso e che condivido!! Felipe riassumere a Ferrari !

  28. #478
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,507
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Seb want titles, if he's intended to stay at Ferrari. Then he must see the progress n development path of Ferrari car. Then only he can stay at Ferrari. Else there's no meaning of staying for 3-4yrs
    This the exact reason why Alonso left Ferrari & some Vettel fanboys said he will do what Alonso couldn't as he is the one who developed some good cars :D

    I don't think Alonso would want to return as it will be same situation when he left. Ideally we would want a driver who is willing to drive for Ferrari & takes this up as an honour & challenge to make SF return to the top. That man could be Max
    “I prefer to beat them on Sunday” -Fernando Alonso, Press Conference Korean GP 2010

    "Giornata fantastica !!"- Andrea Stella, European GP 2012


  29. #479
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    This the exact reason why Alonso left Ferrari & some Vettel fanboys said he will do what Alonso couldn't as he is the one who developed some good cars :D

    I don't think Alonso would want to return as it will be same situation when he left. Ideally we would want a driver who is willing to drive for Ferrari & takes this up as an honour & challenge to make SF return to the top. That man could be Max
    But why can't this be Seb? I still believe he is the man that sees driving for Ferrari as an honour & challenge to get the team back to the top.

    You don't know if Mercedes will be the team to beat from 2019 onwards. It would be something if Verstappen joins Ferrari and Red Bull 'suddenly'
    would be the top car of the field

    Verstappen in a 'second- or third-best' Ferrari F1- car..Oh my..All these orange- caps showing their white handkerchiefs in the stands .

  30. #480
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,507

    What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

    Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    But why can't this be Seb? I still believe he is the man that sees driving for Ferrari as an honour & challenge to get the team back to the top.

    You don't know if Mercedes will be the team to beat from 2019 onwards. It would be something if Verstappen joins Ferrari and Red Bull 'suddenly'
    would be the top car of the field

    Verstappen in a 'second- or third-best' Ferrari F1- car..Oh my..All these orange- caps showing their white handkerchiefs in the stands .
    Lot of people draw similarities between Seb & MS, but there's huge difference between the two. MS had guts & determination to leave a team with whom he won back to back titles & come to a team who hadn't won anything in a decade & a half, help that team return on the top ( ofcourse he wasn't the only one behind the success, but others like Brawn, Todt & other engineers). He had to wait 4 years until he got what he wanted

    Seb seems to be more inclined in having the best car & loves all the stats. He sat during entire RB dominance era knowing he had those championships up for grabs, even though his love for Ferrari was no secret. Only after when RB fell behind & a new team mate beat him, he thought it's the right time to persuade his dream. Again, his interest in Mercedes is visible, Marchionne wants longer commitment, let's see what happens in future but I don't think his love for Ferrari is superseding his desire to win titles, be it with any other team
    Last edited by Rishu; 23rd July 2017 at 13:02.
    “I prefer to beat them on Sunday” -Fernando Alonso, Press Conference Korean GP 2010

    "Giornata fantastica !!"- Andrea Stella, European GP 2012


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •