Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303142 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Seb want titles, if he's intended to stay at Ferrari. Then he must see the progress n development path of Ferrari car. Then only he can stay at Ferrari. Else there's no meaning of staying for 3-4yrs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    This the exact reason why Alonso left Ferrari & some Vettel fanboys said he will do what Alonso couldn't as he is the one who developed some good cars :D

I don't think Alonso would want to return as it will be same situation when he left. Ideally we would want a driver who is willing to drive for Ferrari & takes this up as an honour & challenge to make SF return to the top. That man could be Max
    Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    But why can't this be Seb? I still believe he is the man that sees driving for Ferrari as an honour & challenge to get the team back to the top.

You don't know if Mercedes will be the team to beat from 2019 onwards. It would be something if Verstappen joins Ferrari and Red Bull 'suddenly'
    would be the top car of the field

Verstappen in a 'second- or third-best' Ferrari F1- car..Oh my..All these orange- caps showing their white handkerchiefs in the stands .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Lot of people draw similarities between Seb & MS, but there's huge difference between the two. MS had guts & determination to leave a team with whom he won back to back titles & come to a team who hadn't won anything in a decade & a half, help that team return on the top ( ofcourse he wasn't the only one behind the success, but others like Brawn, Todt & other engineers). He had to wait 4 years until he got what he wanted

Seb seems to be more inclined in having the best car & loves all the stats. He sat during entire RB dominance era knowing he had those championships up for grabs, even though his love for Ferrari was no secret. Only after when RB fell behind & a new team mate beat him, he thought it's the right time to persuade his dream. Again, his interest in Mercedes is visible, Marchionne wants longer commitment, let's see what happens in future but I don't think his love for Ferrari is superseding his desire to win titles, be it with any other team
    Ferrari needed(past tense) and needs to supply their top drivers with a good and in this case a reliable car.....Alonso and Seb can take care of their own business on the

track with first place finishes as well as signing them up again for Ferrari.

Along with that, we need a good and consistent back-up driver who shows promise of coming up the ranks as a no. 1; who at least can match, push, or maybe at times

beat Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari needed(past tense) and needs to supply their top drivers with a good and in this case a reliable car.....Alonso and Seb can take care of their own business on the

track with first place finishes as well as signing them up again for Ferrari.

Along with that, we need a good and consistent back-up driver who shows promise of coming up the ranks as a no. 1; who at least can match, push, or maybe at times

beat Seb.
    Yeah ....

beat Seb.
    Is that driver Charles Leclerc by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Is that driver Charles Leclerc by any chance?

Its against Ferrari protocol but maybe they should change it......at the moment Max would be my first choice. Leclerc goes to HAAS for a year or two. If we can't get

Max then Leclerc would be in the waiting for a Ferrari seat....hypothetically.

Everyone wants to drive for Ferrari, but it's another thing to win in a Ferrari...the WDC or WCC OR BOTH!!!

Over time if the car is not winning, the driver starts to weigh his options....time is against him and it is short...very short in F1.

Quote Originally Posted by vecchiasignora View Post
    I miss Felipe Massa
    We Felipe fans are a diminishing breed on this forum but our loyalty is never in question, of course we'd love him back in red but I'm not sure it would help him or Ferrari. He's doing his best at Williams, it's just a shame that he never seems to get much luck as he still has the speed and commitment. Also for some reason he seems to end up getting in Seb's way this season!!

I sense some frustration in Felipe regarding Ferrari to be honest.

I think it all started in Germany 2010. Felipe can not be blamed, its human nature. He has been a great team man for Ferrari & one of the most loved driver alumni

You'd think he'd be frustrated with Williams. Will that team ever win another race?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    You'd think he'd be frustrated with Williams. Will that team ever win another race?
    It looks like Clair is just into getting new drivers and making millions $$ . Ex. Bottas to Merc, Stroll's father's buying his son's Williams seat. She has Felipe on board to pick up a few points and have Williams look like their still into racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It looks like Clair is just into getting new drivers and making millions $$ . Ex. Bottas to Merc, Stroll's father's buying his son's Williams seat. She has Felipe on board to pick up a few points and have Williams look like their still into racing.

So Williams is a team where you move up to and then land a seat in either the top three teams. In Massa's case, it's(Williams) for retiree's where he has to nurse a

teen F1 driver with future possibilities of becoming just average.

So Williams is a team where you move up to and then land a seat in either the top three teams. In Massa's case, it's(Williams) for retiree's where he has to nurse a

teen F1 driver with future possibilities of becoming just average.
    I have to say Bottas is better than average, unless it's just his ride?

agreed. Valterri "bad-ass" has proven his worth against a so called "GOAT" (team-mate) for this era of formula in F1. He will obviously get an extension in his contract.

I hope Toto lets them race. IMO, I don't think LH expected VB to be this good. Plus I love his style on and off the track....austerity rather than being a Kardashian.

Vettel in "no rush" to sign new Ferrari deal https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...ntract-935145/ … via @motorsport

Vettel in "no rush" to sign new Ferrari deal https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...ntract-935145/ … via @motorsport
    Ferrari offering him mind blowing figure. He will soon sign the deal.

I think he was talking about Stroller.

Disappointed Since 2010

Bottas is the living proof that Lewis is not exactly the miracle some people think that he is and it is in fact the car that makes him look -that- good.
    He also is the answer to those that think that if Lewis was to come to the Scuderia, our problems would be solved.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Bottas is the living proof that Lewis is not exactly the miracle some people think that he is and it is in fact the car that makes him look -that- good.
    He also is the answer to those that think that if Lewis was to come to the Scuderia, our problems would be solved.
    Indeed. He is only 22 points behind Lewis after all. However it's true that he is also only 23 points behind Vettel with more poles and 1 less wins. What does that say about Vettel? Does that prove that Vettel is flattered by his 4 titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Indeed. He is only 22 points behind Lewis after all. However it's true that he is also only 23 points behind Vettel with more poles and 1 less wins. What does that say about Vettel? Does that prove that Vettel is flattered by his 4 titles?
    Probably adds to Vettel. He is 1 point in front of an apparent legend in a car that is not as good. Hamilton is tight with Bottas who showed flashes at Williams but never ripped up trees. 4 titles in less time than Hamilton got 3. This is the 4th year Hamilton has the best car. If he cannot win this year he would have won 2 titles in 4 years with a dominant car. Vettel won 4 out of 4 with dominant car in 2 of those 4 years. Even if Hamilton wins this year its 3 titles in 4 years of having a dominant car losing to Rosberg who in term was beaten by Webber in the same car. Webber having lost 5-0 to Vettel over 5 years together. Very easy to twist things in Vettels favour over Hamilton than vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Different car and conditions.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Probably adds to Vettel. He is 1 point in front of an apparent legend in a car that is not as good. Hamilton is tight with Bottas who showed flashes at Williams but never ripped up trees. 4 titles in less time than Hamilton got 3. This is the 4th year Hamilton has the best car. If he cannot win this year he would have won 2 titles in 4 years with a dominant car. Vettel won 4 out of 4 with dominant car in 2 of those 4 years. Even if Hamilton wins this year its 3 titles in 4 years of having a dominant car losing to Rosberg who in term was beaten by Webber in the same car. Webber having lost 5-0 to Vettel over 5 years together. Very easy to twist things in Vettels favour over Hamilton than vice versa.
    Actually in 2012, McLaren was the fastest and the best car. The car which Lewis was driving...

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Actually in 2012, McLaren was the fastest and the best car. The car which Lewis was driving...
    Was the McLaren then the fastest throughout the entire season though? Was it that reliable?
    Also, the conspiracy theory about Webber not being allowed to win a title has a huge impact on many people's minds. Lewis always had competitive team mates who were allowed to race him hard...except for Kovalainen i guess.

However, the biggest smear on Seb's career is 2014 when he got wrecked by Ric. However, that can be corrected if he wins the title this year. Many people will forget and shut up about that.

Was the McLaren then the fastest throughout the entire season though? Was it that reliable?
    Also, the conspiracy theory about Webber not being allowed to win a title has a huge impact on many people's minds. Lewis always had competitive team mates who were allowed to race him hard...except for Kovalainen i guess.

However, the biggest smear on Seb's career is 2014 when he got wrecked by Ric. However, that can be corrected if he wins the title this year. Many people will forget and shut up about that.
    Over all season on the average McLaren was 0.2 sec faster in quali. That is very significant number. It is pretty much the average between Lewis and Jenson in quali.

McLaren started the year by far as the fastest. At Australia McLAren was 0.75 seconds faster than RBR. At aero indicator track Barcelona, they had 6 tenths to next best car, etc... Red Bull somewhat caught them mid season. But still, even in the 2nd half Mclaren was better than RBR more often than vice versa. McLaren got 6 poles and 5 wins (Lewis 3 wins, Jenson 2). In that period RBR got 4 poles and 4 wins (Vettel 4 wins).

Reliability wise RBR and McLaren were very similar. If I recall correctly Vettel had 2 mechanical DNFs, Webber 1, Lewis 2 and Jenson 2 mechanical DNFs.

About Webber, as you said it is a conspiracy theory. Vettel was behind both Alonso and Webber going into final races (~25 points 4 races to go) (Edit: talking about 2010). He won in style by winning the last races (also retiring form lead in Korea with a few laps to go.) Webber for instance crashed out early in rainy Korea. Webber has only himself to blame....

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    I seem to remember Lewis (at that time with the "faster car") having issues with Schumi in a less inferior car. He(Lewis) got schooled in some laps.

I remember that Lewis in 2012 suffered some mechanical problems, poor strategy choices by his team, some bad pit stops and plus a fierce team mate in Button. Nevertheless, 2012 was definitely not Lewis' best year performance-wise.

Here we go again, somebody will call me a Vettel hater, but I am just saying the facts.

After stupidity of running in to Hamilton and lose a victory in Azerbaijan, this time Vettel has "run into" to Verstapen and lost another victory, 1-2 finish and probably a title. Thats 68 points just because of his stupidity! If there wasnt this mistakes he would lead a championship by some margine and Ferrari would still be a championship contender, now -100 points is too much!
    If we add lost points from last season when he run in to Raikkonen (2 times), he lost over 100 points in two seasons!!

Vettel has the pace but he has no brain! And Ferrari did big mistake giving him a new contract! He has always been a crash kid and he will always be!

Watch this and say your opinion:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPuyooS0QqY

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    Here we go again, somebody will call me a Vettel hater, but I am just saying the facts.

After stupidity of running in to Hamilton and lose a victory in Azerbaijan, this time Vettel has "run into" to Verstapen and lost another victory, 1-2 finish and probably a title. Thats 68 points just because of his stupidity! If there wasnt this mistakes he would lead a championship by some margine and Ferrari would still be a championship contender, now -100 points is too much!
    If we add lost points from last season when he run in to Raikkonen (2 times), he lost over 100 points in two seasons!!

Vettel has the pace but he has no brain! And Ferrari did big mistake giving him a new contract! He has always been a crash kid and he will always be!

Watch this and say your opinion:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPuyooS0QqY
    I mostly agree with you. Vettel tends to lose his temper too quickly but so did Schumi back in the day so its not something thats uncommon among F1 champions.

The reasons I think Seb's been losing his cool recently are these:
    1. Even though he's a 4 time WDC he wants to prove that he can win with another team just like most of the F1 legends. During his RB years he always had the technical advantage over the rest of the grid. This time its not the case
    2. He knows that this time Mercedes has the edge so that might make him feel nervous.
    3. He also knows that Hamilton might be the only one (except for Alonso) who can beat him fair and square and is slightly a better driver than him.

Add these reasons up and the previous disaster year and then I can see why he is acting like this. I am also sure that he wants to build something like Schumi did maybe thats why he signed under the condition that the team must keep Kimi at least for 1 year.
    I agree that his mistakes cost too much this year, might even cost the WDC. Lets see how he approaches the next 6 races. I sense that there will be more drama coming this year but I cannot tell who will be the one laughing at the end. I just hope it will be us.
    I do not agree with you though that giving him a new contract was a mistake. Who else could we get similar to his caliber? Alonso? That did not end well. Best overall driver but too egocentric and does not have a team-friendly attitude. Hamilton? Might be the quickest driver since Senna but his allures...well not worthy of a true champion. Verstappen? Yeah, he is quick and has tons of potential but too impulsive yet. Ricciardo? Good driver and a really splendid person to be around but I'm convinced he's not championship material. So in my opinion Seb's our best shot at winning a title in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    I mostly agree with you. Vettel tends to lose his temper too quickly but so did Schumi back in the day so its not something thats uncommon among F1 champions.

1. Even though he's a 4 time WDC he wants to prove that he can win with another team just like most of the F1 legends. During his RB years he always had the technical advantage over the rest of the grid. This time its not the case
    2. He knows that this time Mercedes has the edge so that might make him feel nervous.
    3. He also knows that Hamilton might be the only one (except for Alonso) who can beat him fair and square and is slightly a better driver than him.

Add these reasons up and the previous disaster year and then I can see why he is acting like this. I am also sure that he wants to build something like Schumi did maybe thats why he signed under the condition that the team must keep Kimi at least for 1 year.
    I agree that his mistakes cost too much this year, might even cost the WDC. Lets see how he approaches the next 6 races. I sense that there will be more drama coming this year but I cannot tell who will be the one laughing at the end. I just hope it will be us.
    I do not agree with you though that giving him a new contract was a mistake. Who else could we get similar to his caliber? Alonso? That did not end well. Best overall driver but too egocentric and does not have a team-friendly attitude. Hamilton? Might be the quickest driver since Senna but his allures...well not worthy of a true champion. Verstappen? Yeah, he is quick and has tons of potential but too impulsive yet. Ricciardo? Good driver and a really splendid person to be around but I'm convinced he's not championship material. So in my opinion Seb's our best shot at winning a title in the near future.
    I find Vettels lose of temper on track worse than Alonsons of track. But its just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post

Very good points there ChrisFerrari.

What i'm not sure of is that Seb lost his cool on sunday......I genuinely believe he simply didn't realize that he would be caught out by Kimi. So to me, its not that he's arrogant or feeling the pressure, i just put it down to an oversight, to say the least.

Last year the car was a dog to drive, and in saying that, he let the world know his temper.

Not saying that in azerbajan he didn't lose it, But that temper does come out. I'm sure SM has had a stern talking to with Vettel.

6 races to go, the proof is in the pudding to see weather Seb can handle the heat of the WDC. ( I'm holding thumbs for the lad and that he comes out of this a 5th WDC )
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    I find Vettels lose of temper on track worse than Alonsons of track. But its just my opinion...
    I agree. Alonso is smarter than Seb in that aspect. (And maybe in many others as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Very good points there ChrisFerrari.

What i'm not sure of is that Seb lost his cool on sunday......I genuinely believe he simply didn't realize that he would be caught out by Kimi. So to me, its not that he's arrogant or feeling the pressure, i just put it down to an oversight, to say the least.

Last year the car was a dog to drive, and in saying that, he let the world know his temper.

Not saying that in azerbajan he didn't lose it, But that temper does come out. I'm sure SM has had a stern talking to with Vettel.

6 races to go, the proof is in the pudding to see weather Seb can handle the heat of the WDC. ( I'm holding thumbs for the lad and that he comes out of this a 5th WDC )
    I didn't think that he lost his cool on sunday. I think it was a racing incident, all drivers guilty to some point. So yeah lets see what Seb's made of when it comes to hunting Hamilton down without making any errors.