Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

[QUOTE=Giallo 550;956216]I am a full-blooded Ferrari fan and Vettel/Raikkonen supporter, but I can't help but think Alonso would be leading the championship with this year's Ferrari...[/QUOTE
    I believe Seb is doing a great job working with the team while maintaining stability and harmony.
    I do not doubt Alonso's ability as a driver but his constant criticisms of the team unsettled everyone.
    A happy ship works better together.

Forza Jules

[QUOTE=racingbradley;956229]
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I am a full-blooded Ferrari fan and Vettel/Raikkonen supporter, but I can't help but think Alonso would be leading the championship with this year's Ferrari...[/QUOTE
    I believe Seb is doing a great job working with the team while maintaining stability and harmony.
    I do not doubt Alonso's ability as a driver but his constant criticisms of the team unsettled everyone.
    A happy ship works better together.
    That's true, but would Alonso sow disharmony if he had a competitive car? I feel like his incompatibility wasn't spoken of until the end of his and Ferrari's relationship.

FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

One bad race and everyones like alonso would have done better.....i pity da fools...

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    One bad race and everyones like alonso would have done better.....i pity da fools...
    Nah just me... Vettel is the best of the rest, but I don't think he has been as consistent as Alonso was with Ferrari. Looking forward to seeing how he does next season though. I think there is some achievable room for growth.

FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Bottas is worse than Hamilton, Räikkönen is way worse than Vettel.

I mean Bottas have been solid so far but by no means he can challenge Lewis the way Nico did.

By 2019 HAM and VET won't have the benefit of inferior second driver. Verstappen and Ricciardo are on the loose and I am pretty sure they will replace the finnish drivers.
    Bottas is ahead of Ricciardo by 50 points so far. Verstappen will crash or win, that's how he wants it. So far it's Lewis, Seb , Bottas then the rest. Why would Merc look bad at Bottas and want to get rid of him? Alonso is the only driver that deserves Bottas seat if he wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Bottas is ahead of Ricciardo by 50 points so far. Verstappen will crash or win, that's how he wants it. So far it's Lewis, Seb , Bottas then the rest. Why would Merc look bad at Bottas and want to get rid of him? Alonso is the only driver that deserves Bottas seat if he wanted it.
    Bottas is a solid second driver without any personality. It is a handicap that finnish market for Merc and the sponsors is so small. It must be a huge temptation for Merc to replace him with someone equal or better with more charisma and bigger markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Bottas is a solid second driver without any personality. It is a handicap that finnish market for Merc and the sponsors is so small. It must be a huge temptation for Merc to replace him with someone equal or better with more charisma and bigger markets.
    I had no idea that personality mattered so much for a driver , especially if there good as is the case with Bottas. Kimi being the dynamic personality that he is should be a model for Bottas, one Finnish driver to another!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I had no idea that personality mattered so much for a driver , especially if there good as is the case with Bottas. Kimi being the dynamic personality that he is should be a model for Bottas, one Finnish driver to another!

LOL

Kimi has lots of personality for what he is. The fan surveys don't lie. Bottas is a dull PR-bot. In that sense he should be perfect, but in reality nobody cares about that.

the fact that Kimi is a world champion probably helps too.