Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323344 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

[QUOTE=Giallo 550;956216]I am a full-blooded Ferrari fan and Vettel/Raikkonen supporter, but I can't help but think Alonso would be leading the championship with this year's Ferrari...[/QUOTE
    I believe Seb is doing a great job working with the team while maintaining stability and harmony.
    I do not doubt Alonso's ability as a driver but his constant criticisms of the team unsettled everyone.
    A happy ship works better together.

Forza Jules

[QUOTE=racingbradley;956229]
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I am a full-blooded Ferrari fan and Vettel/Raikkonen supporter, but I can't help but think Alonso would be leading the championship with this year's Ferrari...[/QUOTE
    I believe Seb is doing a great job working with the team while maintaining stability and harmony.
    I do not doubt Alonso's ability as a driver but his constant criticisms of the team unsettled everyone.
    A happy ship works better together.
    That's true, but would Alonso sow disharmony if he had a competitive car? I feel like his incompatibility wasn't spoken of until the end of his and Ferrari's relationship.

Disappointed Since 2010

One bad race and everyones like alonso would have done better.....i pity da fools...

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    One bad race and everyones like alonso would have done better.....i pity da fools...
    Nah just me... Vettel is the best of the rest, but I don't think he has been as consistent as Alonso was with Ferrari. Looking forward to seeing how he does next season though. I think there is some achievable room for growth.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Bottas is worse than Hamilton, Räikkönen is way worse than Vettel.

I mean Bottas have been solid so far but by no means he can challenge Lewis the way Nico did.

By 2019 HAM and VET won't have the benefit of inferior second driver. Verstappen and Ricciardo are on the loose and I am pretty sure they will replace the finnish drivers.
    Bottas is ahead of Ricciardo by 50 points so far. Verstappen will crash or win, that's how he wants it. So far it's Lewis, Seb , Bottas then the rest. Why would Merc look bad at Bottas and want to get rid of him? Alonso is the only driver that deserves Bottas seat if he wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Bottas is ahead of Ricciardo by 50 points so far. Verstappen will crash or win, that's how he wants it. So far it's Lewis, Seb , Bottas then the rest. Why would Merc look bad at Bottas and want to get rid of him? Alonso is the only driver that deserves Bottas seat if he wanted it.
    Bottas is a solid second driver without any personality. It is a handicap that finnish market for Merc and the sponsors is so small. It must be a huge temptation for Merc to replace him with someone equal or better with more charisma and bigger markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Bottas is a solid second driver without any personality. It is a handicap that finnish market for Merc and the sponsors is so small. It must be a huge temptation for Merc to replace him with someone equal or better with more charisma and bigger markets.
    I had no idea that personality mattered so much for a driver , especially if there good as is the case with Bottas. Kimi being the dynamic personality that he is should be a model for Bottas, one Finnish driver to another!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I had no idea that personality mattered so much for a driver , especially if there good as is the case with Bottas. Kimi being the dynamic personality that he is should be a model for Bottas, one Finnish driver to another!

LOL

Kimi has lots of personality for what he is. The fan surveys don't lie. Bottas is a dull PR-bot. In that sense he should be perfect, but in reality nobody cares about that.

the fact that Kimi is a world champion probably helps too.

Here we go again!!

Vettel is costing Ferrari yet another title, what a mistake to hire that crying baby!

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    Here we go again!!

Vettel is costing Ferrari yet another title, what a mistake to hire that crying baby!
    Mistakes happen. Yes, he binned a perfectly good victory. But the rest of the season is still on and we have the better package. So relax.
    Silently, like a shadow

2017 should’ve been a championship year. I will seriously start doubting Vettel if he doesn’t deliver title in this year’s Ferrari. He’s making far too many mistakes at crucial junctures

70 GP's for Ferrari so far, 1 no start in Bahrain 2016.. 39 podiums (12 victories), 10 poles, 62 times in the points.

5 retirements due to accidents and 3 retirements due to technical failures.

What's going on with you Seb??

Nothing

Nothin is going on with Vettel.

All the greats since the history of F1 make mistakes......it happens to all of them. All - of - them.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Nothing

Nothin is going on with Vettel.

All the greats since the history of F1 make mistakes......it happens to all of them. All - of - them.

No titles yet, but it's more than a pleasure to have him in the team!!

Forza Seb, Forza Kimi

Here we go again!!

I’ve seen senna crash out of Monaco gp with 12 laps to go and a 55 second advantage to the 2nd places car, Prost crashed out of imola gp on the formation lap every driver makes mistakes even the greats, I think vettel has been doing a great job, he is the best driver in the grid in 1 lap and he’s had some bad luck, Hamilton ruined his car in qualifying going over that curve and still the victory fell in his lap, I think we should support our drivers and judge at the end

Imagine how idiotic this thread would look every time Michael failed to deliver a win and yah he actually failed at times to do so...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Here we go again!!

I think he's allowed some mistakes. Could be because of Vettel we're in the title hunt. I have no doubt that if Hamilton were in the Ferrari, we'd be even further back.

The attitude here is so pessimistic and I don't understand why. We are 2nd and 3rd in the WDC and that's just because of a slip up, elsewhere we would be 1st and 3rd. Our car is proving reliable and competitive and for the first time in what seems like forever, we can challenge for both titles. May I remind everybody that the German GP was race 11 out of 21? The development war will be crucial, but if things stay largely the same we will be celebrating at the end of the year, one or maybe both titles.

Seb has 4 WDCs all fought for in an era when Alonso was at Ferrari, Macca had a fairly good car Ham, Button won races with it & Mark Webber was Seb's team mate which kinda proves Seb's pretty good.

When his daring moves work they are sensational but of course when they don't they are devastatingly bad.
    Michael made those types of mistakes sometimes!!!!
    I hope Seb can put all his skill to good use this weekend and dedicate the race to Marchionne.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Seb has 4 WDCs all fought for in an era when Alonso was at Ferrari, Macca had a fairly good car Ham, Button won races with it & Mark Webber was Seb's team mate which kinda proves Seb's pretty good.

When his daring moves work they are sensational but of course when they don't they are devastatingly bad.
    I hope Seb can put all his skill to good use this weekend and dedicate the race to Marchionne.
    Well said racingbradley, but you can't deny that Seb had the best car (RB) against Alonso, just as HAM has had the best car for the last 4 seasons. Any result this weekend should of course be dedicated to Sergio Marchionne, so let's pray that it's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post

Oh yes, Last Sunday felt the same as when Schumi dived into the Wall of Champions during the 99 Canadian GP
    Those exits hurt, but don't forget it was only his first retirement of 2018..He's a great person and has very good statistics with Ferrari as I mentioned earlier.

He delivers regular poles now, already 4 victories this year..For me I hope he will stay with us for a good number of years to come

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    70 GP's for Ferrari so far, 1 no start in Bahrain 2016.. 39 podiums (12 victories), 10 poles, 62 times in the points.

5 retirements due to accidents and 3 retirements due to technical failures.

What's going on with you Seb??
    Out of curiosity do you have similar stats for #44? Having the fastest car for many years helps but I can't remember the last time he made an unforced error.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX132 View Post
    Out of curiosity do you have similar stats for #44? Having the fastest car for many years helps but I can't remember the last time he made an unforced error.
    Brazil 2017 qualifying in wet conditions, Hamilton crashed out in Q1.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I think he's allowed some mistakes. Could be because of Vettel we're in the title hunt. I have no doubt that if Hamilton were in the Ferrari, we'd be even further back.
    That's absolutely correct. Hamilton is a champion of luck and nothing else. Vettel is doing an awesome job but mistakes happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    2017 should’ve been a championship year. I will seriously start doubting Vettel if he doesn’t deliver title in this year’s Ferrari. He’s making far too many mistakes at crucial junctures
    Vettel was leading the title standings in 2017 because of his masterclass. Ferrari was faster than Mercedes on at most 4 tracks, that's not a title capable car. Ferrari was at times 1 second a lap slower than Mercedes even in race pace, ex - Silverstone, slower than Mercedes on all major tracks.

If Alonso was in that Ferrari, he would be no where near the results Vettel produced with that car.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Vettel was leading the title standings in 2017 because of his masterclass. Ferrari was faster than Mercedes on at most 4 tracks, that's not a title capable car. Ferrari was at times 1 second a lap slower than Mercedes even in race pace, ex - Silverstone, slower than Mercedes on all major tracks.

If Alonso was in that Ferrari, he would be no where near the results Vettel produced with that car.
    We will never know what Alonso could've done in this Ferrari but I do know what Alosno did in much worse Ferraris, but that's not the point here. When Championships are this close, these kind of silly errors cost you battles. Hamilton is not making such mistakes, this is unfortunate for us

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That's absolutely correct. Hamilton is a champion of luck and nothing else. Vettel is doing an awesome job but mistakes happen.
    So Hamilton is all luck but mistakes can happen to our Driver which is completely cool. Are you serious? And if you are indicating that Hamilton was lucky in Germany, don't forget he put himself in that position, his first stint on Ultras overtaking 10 cars & still managing almost 40 laps was the key, grabbed the opportunity when it presented itself. That's how you win titles