Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343546 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    The problem for Kimi is that he got the strongest possible teammate, Kimi can drive the race of his life but still tough for him to beat Seb.
    The strongest possible team mate that can't beat his #2 driver? Unless of course it's close and team orders tell Kimi to let the strong man pass. That one step further is not allowed @ Ferrari unless the strong man is making mistakes and is no where near the front. A Kimi , Max team and Ferrari would be so far ahead of Merc, lewis would retire before 100 poles. The car @ Ferrari is no longer an excuse! WCC is for sure in reach as long as Kimi's points count also!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Lots of other drivers didn’t pit either. It’s not mandatory to pit during a safety car. Ferrari could have stayed out too if it was such an advantage and they would have been within their rights. What’s your point?
    Point is he was found in breach of regulations and there was not force majeure. By definition of the rules he should have been punished, but you see, he is the golden boy of FIA and he drives for Mercedes, so if you read the decision you will realize that they just made up a ruling just to avoid the punishment.

If a Ferrari driver had done this, there would be punishment for sure.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Kimi is doing well, but I would love to see him got that one step further and get a win.
    At this point we don't need wins from Kimi, not if we want the WDC.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Point is he was found in breach of regulations and there was not force majeure. By definition of the rules he should have been punished, but you see, he is the golden boy of FIA and he drives for Mercedes, so if you read the decision you will realize that they just made up a ruling just to avoid the punishment.

You need to lose the chip of your shoulder.

Keith at f1fantics
    Listed similar offenses and they was rarely punished.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    You need to lose the chip of your shoulder.

Keith at f1fantics
    Listed similar offenses and they was rarely punished.
    Probably all committed by Lewis or Merc....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Probably all committed by Lewis or Merc....
    I thought you was better than that.

Conspiracy theories are just childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Hmmm, ok then....explain this then please

Attachment 7482
    There were specific event notes from the race director for that race which were not given for Germany. 2 totally different scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Who said it was mandatory? Ferrari did stay out did you watch the race?
    I did watch the race and if you had watched too you would have noticed that Kimi pitted the very next lap.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    They can not explain it. Their arguments were those of a monkey at best. It would be better if a mistake has a certain penalty, not less or not more. This gives space for interpretation and in what I consider a heavier breach of "the law" they gave a reprimand, meanwhile giving a 5 sec penalty for nothing much.
    You mean like hoe Vettel got 5s in France and Kimi got 10s in Britain for the same offence?

It sounds all well and good if one ignores facts. It is misinformation to keep reiterating that Hamilton was not punished. He was! With a reprimand. If you accumulate 3 of those you then get a 10 place grid drop in the next race.

If a driver wins WDC and goes to another team; does a Ferrari fan follow him and becomes a fan of the new team? A
    true "Ferrari Fan " wants WCC first and foremost! Drivers come and go. I can't imagine !!!! Not wanting Kimi to win races @ Ferrari now. Will Seb ; if he wins another race this year say while on the podium, thank you Kimi for holding back and letting me win? There should be a "WDTOC " for the likes of Seb. TO in there for team orders! What a shame a WCC for Ferrari will include Kimi's points too. It's just not fare to Shumy Jr. I for one will overlook the shame and be Happy as all Hell! when Ferrari does the WCC 2018!! The team for sure first wants WCC , then hopefully a WDC would be great.
    Last edited by Brembo; 3rd August 2018 at 07:44.

I wonder if the team have told him that

You mean like hoe Vettel got 5s in France and Kimi got 10s in Britain for the same offence?
    Why are you abusing seb?
    Silently, like a shadow

Dont want WDC. Want WCC!!
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    LOL, WCC comes when drivers score good points and in most cases, get WDC. 2008 was mighty close in WDC which is why Ferrari got WCC. It is not like a driver performs poorly and team magically gets WCC.

Focus on WDC and both drivers and team will automatically get WCC.

If you don't win the WDC then the WCC is pretty much worthless as I don't think it brings too much awareness. Most people remember that Hamilton won the WDC in 2008, not that Ferrari won the WCC in that same year. The pilot that won the WDC gets all the flashy news and highlights along with the team that helped him to win it, not the other way around. People (pilots) represent and are ambassadors of the brand (the team).

I want both Seb and Kimi to win races and I don't care too much who wins as long as both drivers finish ahead of their main competitor.

It sounds all well and good if one ignores facts. It is misinformation to keep reiterating that Hamilton was not punished. He was! With a reprimand. If you accumulate 3 of those you then get a 10 place grid drop in the next race.
    Thank you for the chuckles.
    I hope you're not serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If a driver wins WDC and goes to another team; does a Ferrari fan follow him and becomes a fan of the new team? A
    true "Ferrari Fan " wants WCC first and foremost! Drivers come and go. I can't imagine !!!! Not wanting Kimi to win races @ Ferrari now. Will Seb ; if he wins another race this year say while on the podium, thank you Kimi for holding back and letting me win? There should be a "WDTOC " for the likes of Seb. TO in there for team orders! What a shame a WCC for Ferrari will include Kimi's points too. It's just not fare to Shumy Jr. I for one will overlook the shame and be Happy as all Hell! when Ferrari does the WCC 2018!! The team for sure first wants WCC , then hopefully a WDC would be great.
    What I said and clearly you did not understand is that right now Seb stands more chances to get the WDC (if you need me to explain that to you feel free to ask). Since this is a fact, if Kimi is to win races, that means less points for Seb, so that means, it will be more difficult for Seb to close the gap for him to Hamilton.
    I really thought this would be easy for you to understand.
    As for the WCC, if we have Seb winning and Kimi getting at least second place and at worse third, where is the problem?
    A true Scuderia fan would have no issue at that.

And pray tell, how does the team get the WCC if not with two drivers performing at their peak ?

Why are you abusing seb?
    What? How did I abuse Vettel? Pointing Stewards’ inconsistencies happening with Ferrari as well is abuse? Ok!

And pray tell, how does the team get the WCC if not with two drivers performing at their peak ?
    Ok ! Two drivers allowed to perform at their peak. If Kimi is for example in 1st place or 2nd,3rd during the last laps and Seb is behind , he belongs behind Kimi . If he's driving at his peak he should pass him on his own peak performance, not "Move Over" for him. Any points Kimi is going to make where he is , say ahead of Seb goes for WCC equal to if he has to switch places with Seb. Kimi 2nd to 3rd , Seb 3rd to 2nd, same points for WCC. Seb needes to do a few Lewis' races and win on his own from the back with his foot on the pedal not his mouth on the radio. Win a WDC on your own doing not by robbing points from your teamate.
    Aroutis please explain to me as you offered; how combining points hurts WCC for the team. Teamates 2nd to 3rd , 3rd to 2nd. =s the same WCC points. Pole , then 1st place ! That's a true WDC winner.

Mercs are playing team game for awhile now, looking at austria and germany it seems ferrari is happy to have seb and kimi waste each others time, if Ferrari want the WDC they need to play the team game or else Ratboy and his sidekick wingman will take the WDC easy.

i remember reading an interview where kimi said he knows eventually he will have to put the team first over his own desire this year or something like that, so hopefully there's still an opportunity to get back in the WDC before its too late
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Lets be realistic. Currently Vettel is the Ferrari drive with the best chance at WDC. And we need him to score the maximum points possible. Not have his team mate take points away from him.
    I believe Kimi knows this, that is why he never attack Vettel at last race when he had the chance.

We can all have our opinions, but the fact is, top teams are all geared towards WDC, this is what THEY want. I'm sure Ferrari would do the same as what Merc did, given the same circumstances.

This year WDC will go down between Lewis and Vettel. Both teams will be throwing everything they have, and more, to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Lets be realistic. Currently Vettel is the Ferrari drive with the best chance at WDC. And we need him to score the maximum points possible. Not have his team mate take points away from him.
    I believe Kimi knows this, that is why he never attack Vettel at last race when he had the chance.

We can all have our opinions, but the fact is, top teams are all geared towards WDC, this is what THEY want. I'm sure Ferrari would do the same as what Merc did, given the same circumstances.

This year WDC will go down between Lewis and Vettel. Both teams will be throwing everything they have, and more, to win it.
    But kimi said something like, he had fresher tyres at the end of the race so he pushed Vettel and bottas as hard as he could and not give either of them the chance to cool the car and tyres especially since he was on newer tyres but he couldn't find the chance to overtake, so im not sure kimi is on the team game just yet tbh.

and i agree about all teams wanting the WDC no one remembers the WCC imo.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

If Kimi had won in Germany for example, it would have been more points for Ferrari for wcc, and less points for Lewis wdc.

Kimi said he could have had pole in Hungary (we don't really know). But if true, he might have won there, so maybe Kimi P1, Lewis P2, Seb P3. So instead of Lewis taking 7 points off Seb, it would only have been 3, and more points for Ferrari wcc.

Ok ! Two drivers allowed to perform at their peak. If Kimi is for example in 1st place or 2nd,3rd during the last laps and Seb is behind , he belongs behind Kimi . If he's driving at his peak he should pass him on his own peak performance, not "Move Over" for him. Any points Kimi is going to make where he is , say ahead of Seb goes for WCC equal to if he has to switch places with Seb. Kimi 2nd to 3rd , Seb 3rd to 2nd, same points for WCC. Seb needes to do a few Lewis' races and win on his own from the back with his foot on the pedal not his mouth on the radio. Win a WDC on your own doing not by robbing points from your teamate.
    Aroutis please explain to me as you offered; how combining points hurts WCC for the team. Teamates 2nd to 3rd , 3rd to 2nd. =s the same WCC points. Pole , then 1st place ! That's a true WDC winner.
    I think I already explained to you , as it stands Seb stands a better chance to get the WDC as he is closer to Hamilton.
    If Ferrari is to start letting both drivers to fight for P1 , that will lead to problems.

I think I already explained to you , as it stands Seb stands a better chance to get the WDC as he is closer to Hamilton.
    If Ferrari is to start letting both drivers to fight for P1 , that will lead to problems.
    Thinking about what you say WDC before WCC. Did Ferrari fans in general switch favorite teams when Shumy moved to Merc? Did RB fans switch to Ferrari when Seb left? F1 fans can and do pick their favorite team and hope for the big deal WCC for their team. Let the drivers race to win; it's great to watch! In a tight 1,2 finish just before the flag, what fun is it to know the #2 driver will move over and will finish 2nd. Again, add the 1, 2 points for WCC "The team!"

Thinking about what you say WDC before WCC. Did Ferrari fans in general switch favorite teams when Shumy moved to Merc? Did RB fans switch to Ferrari when Seb left? F1 fans can and do pick their favorite team and hope for the big deal WCC for their team. Let the drivers race to win; it's great to watch! In a tight 1,2 finish just before the flag, what fun is it to know the #2 driver will move over and will finish 2nd. Again, add the 1, 2 points for WCC "The team!"
    Why do that when you can get both titles ?

Why do that when you can get both titles ?
    I agree again. I just like WCC for Ferrari more than WDC for the driver. No moving over. Barring last DNF, Max would be ahead of Dan on points, by driving to win!

I prefer WCC to WDC if I have to choose. However being a pragmatist , I am not going to get issues in the team and this is how the team works, for eons. One driver to get the WDC, two drivers to fight for the WCC.
    I don't see that changing any time soon :)