Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    damn, is that Vettel or Grosjean?

Baku was a racers instinct to go for it, Germany just a lottery of the rain, France fair enough his error, Monza just a racing incident they do happen even to the best. 9 times out of 10 it's Lewis getting spun round at Monza.
    Forza Ferrari

well hopefully the last 7 races will be clean for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    well hopefully the last 7 races will be clean for us.
    i hope so too, Time to bring back team orders and maybe there's an outside chance.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    i hope so too, Time to bring back team orders and maybe there's an outside chance.
    Seems like team orders won't work much in Ferrari. I read that Kimi knew he was on his way out before Monza and it is why Vettel was eager to be infront of Kimi in Quali / Race

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._before_Monza/

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ng_3_carsquot/

Quote Originally Posted by VettelSucks View Post
    Vettel is a very overrated driver. Ferrari deserve to win both championships this season. They have done an incredible job with their car and are showing the world why they are the best. Unfortunately, Vettel is not repaying the team that have given him this fantastic opportunity, with stupid mistakes in Baku, France, Germany and now our home race! We need to hire Alonso, Hamilton or even Verstappen. Those three drivers are a tier above Vettel, who will cost us the championship this year and more in future if we don't act fast!
    I'd take Verstappen out of those three. He seems to have calmed down a bit, plus i want to see some young blood given a chance for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I used to hate that waving #1finger when he was at red fools.....but man, do I LOVE it now when he waves it at the end of the race.....common Seb, keep them coming

Pfff..they are still there

10 days ago Seb was 'booming' after his glorious race in the Ardennes and now even real Ferrari- fans want to 'get rid' of them..

13 victories 'in red'..I have enjoyed them all to the fullest.

Forza Seb ! Go for it

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    In my country there is a saying: Don't make a wedding after a win, don't make a funeral after a loss. You my friend, are making a funeral
    And you my friend are blind. After all mistakes from last year witch cost him title and mistakes from this year i think it is time to make it funeral...

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    The problem with these guys is that they have such hatred for vettel that they don’t care if Ferrari wins, they only want vettel to lose and make mistakes so they can say they were right, they don’t praise him when he wins but te second after something bad happens they’re here destroying him, I feel sorry for you
    He is here to win a title! Wining races and not titles is not good enough to prise him! I feel sorry for you if you dont see that!
    Ferrari needs a driver who will win titles with this years and last years car, Sebastian has proved he is not copable to do that!
    If Sebastian does not win a title with this years car he is only good enough to be Ferraris second driver...

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    He is here to win a title! Wining races and not titles is not good enough to prise him! I feel sorry for you if you dont see that!
    Ferrari needs a driver who will win titles with this years and last years car, Sebastian has proved he is not copable to do that!
    If Sebastian does not win a title with this years car he is only good enough to be Ferraris second driver...
    Last years car was only better than mercedes at very few tracks with high downforce, in most of the tracks it was no where near the mercedes, if anything it was vettel who was outperforming the car for most of last year, this year I agree that he should have more points

Alonso is currently out of an F1 contract for next year. I'm sure he'd come back and drive for Ferrari if the offer was made

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Alonso is currently out of an F1 contract for next year. I'm sure he'd come back and drive for Ferrari if the offer was made

2 races from WEC next year coincide with F1 races.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I'd take Verstappen out of those three. He seems to have calmed down a bit, plus i want to see some young blood given a chance for a change.
    For sure Max not in a R Bull, he would be WDC already; and if it were Ferrari; WCC. In his case it truly is "The Red Bull Car" holding him back; just ask Dan. And I agree @ 20 yrs' old there's the young blood. As it stands now the next races; team orders should have Kimi #1 and Seb move over if he's anywhere near the win. 1+2, 2+1 , the points add up to WCC; and Ferrari fans are for the team! Drivers come and go, the team is where it's at! BTW Pirelli and all thier colors can take a walk. We need a blister proof color!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Seems like team orders won't work much in Ferrari. I read that Kimi knew he was on his way out before Monza and it is why Vettel was eager to be infront of Kimi in Quali / Race

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._before_Monza/

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ng_3_carsquot/
    Can only blame the stupid decisions on the guy incharge, had they let him know he is no.2 during summerbreak, im sure he would have accepted it, but now that he is on his way out why wouldn't he want to go out with victory or something like that, he gains nothing to let Seb ahead. Dumb from M.A. Two drivers taking points from each other will lose to a driver and his butler protecting him
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    we dont need him. Plus, WEC is his main focus now with Toyota.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Baku was a racers instinct to go for it, Germany just a lottery of the rain, France fair enough his error, Monza just a racing incident they do happen even to the best. 9 times out of 10 it's Lewis getting spun round at Monza.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Can only blame the stupid decisions on the guy incharge, had they let him know he is no.2 during summerbreak, im sure he would have accepted it, but now that he is on his way out why wouldn't he want to go out with victory or something like that, he gains nothing to let Seb ahead. Dumb from M.A. Two drivers taking points from each other will lose to a driver and his butler protecting him

It was Elkan (one of Agnelli's sons) that made the call to Kimi just before Monza. Arrivabene and Vettel want Kimi to stay and so dos Kimi himself. It's a pity and I don't blame Maurizio for not giving Kimi orders after such a sad call from the top men. Who wouldn't have let Kimi have his moment at Monza infront of all those tifosi for the last time? I actually admire MA for allowing it. It's like a big good bye and thank you to Kimi. Yes it cost us, but I still believe if Vettel saw a bit further than the first lap overtake-at-all-costs mindset he would still have nibbled away a few more points from Lewis by having a Ferrari 1-2 / Kimi - Vettel with LH 3rd.

We all saw how it went and now we can only hope for the best. Personally with sucha big gap I will decide if I'm gonna watch a GP by the results of the Quali. If our guys don't have good pace and grid positions I am not gonna be too bothered. The upset is too much to take in on a Sunday. (And I never missed a single race since 1998) Having the Mercs laugh at our face doing parades and blatantly telling us to suck it on their team radio makes my blood boil and not really take a defeat as a true sportsman.

We still have the PU advantage (+17bhp) according to various sources so now it's our aero guys that have to do the magic and ofc our star duo Vet/Kim

BTW there's a new guy in town (Camilleri), who knows? Maybe he can make things happen when it comes to contracts with Kimi. I know for a fact he likes Kimi too and is good friends with Maurizio + since he is not as involved as Sergio was he has full faith in MA decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    For sure Max not in a R Bull, he would be WDC already; and if it were Ferrari; WCC. In his case it truly is "The Red Bull Car" holding him back; just ask Dan. And I agree @ 20 yrs' old there's the young blood. As it stands now the next races; team orders should have Kimi #1 and Seb move over if he's anywhere near the win. 1+2, 2+1 , the points add up to WCC; and Ferrari fans are for the team! Drivers come and go, the team is where it's at! BTW Pirelli and all thier colors can take a walk. We need a blister proof color!!!!
    on the colours theme, one minor downside with recruiting Max might be the clash between orange and red, but i guess we could live with that

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...king_mistakes/

Why Ferrari must share blame for Sebastian Vettel's mistakes
    The Ferrari driver's misjudgements continue to prove costly, but Mark Hughes explains why it isn't all Vettel's fault
    agree with most of this, add the fact his teammate barely ever takes points off from his rival when he has an off race too

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    we dont need him. Plus, WEC is his main focus now with Toyota.
    Rob, we need a driver who can win title with this years car!!

I dont care if Alonso splits the team and is problematic, I just want Ferrari to bring driver who will win races and titles instead make mistakes all the time. There is a reason why Vettel got a nickname CRASH KID... It does not need to be Alonso, take any other driver who can do it, Vettel obviously cant!

Ferrari should fire Vettel if he does not win title this year.

Rob, we need a driver who can win title with this years car!!

I dont care if Alonso splits the team and is problematic, I just want Ferrari to bring driver who will win races and titles instead make mistakes all the time. There is a reason why Vettel got a nickname CRASH KID... It does not need to be Alonso, take any other driver who can do it, Vettel obviously cant!

Ferrari should fire Vettel if he does not win title this year.
    Alonso is gone period. Get who? Verstappen who finishes 1 out of 2 races? Ricciardo signed to Renault. The others are clearly under Seb's value. Seb does stupid things from time to time, it happens, you have to take him with the good and the bad because its 90% good. He made a mistake and here people are on 2 sides: 1) it's the teams fault or kimi's fault(they would blame the janitor too because seb can't get through those 3 corners without screwing up) 2) he is making way to many mistakes sack him. Like I said he is doing a good job in many more races than not, no one better is available so we have to take the results and hope for improvement. It's not over yet, we can still get both titles, 7 races and a lot of points still up for grabs.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 6th September 2018 at 21:20.

Alonso is gone period. Get who? Verstappen who finishes 1 out of 2 races? Ricciardo signed to Renault. The others are clearly under Seb's value. Seb does stupid things from time to time, it happens, you have to take him with the good and the bad because its 90% good. He made a mistake and here people are on 2 sides: 1) it's the teams fault or kimi's fault(they would blame the janitor too because seb can't get through those 3 corners without screwing up) 2) he is making way to many mistakes sack him. Like I said he is doing a good job in many more races than not, no one better is available so we have to take the results and hope for improvement. It's not over yet, we can still get both titles, 7 races and a lot of points still up for grabs.
    i'm not saying it's not possible to get the titles, it's just gonna be really hard fought for.
    for one, Seb seems like he's gonna have to fight NOT only the Merc guys and most likely he's not gonna get any support from Kimi (now that he knows he's not gonna have a Ferrari drive next season), seb is gonna have to fight Kimi as well....

looks like Seb is gonna have a tough one at the office every single of the remaining 7 races....

i wish him LUCK
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

i'm not saying it's not possible to get the titles, it's just gonna be really hard fought for.
    for one, Seb seems like he's gonna have to fight NOT only the Merc guys and most likely he's not gonna get any support from Kimi (now that he knows he's not gonna have a Ferrari drive next season), seb is gonna have to fight Kimi as well....

looks like Seb is gonna have a tough one at the office every single of the remaining 7 races....

i wish him LUCK
    he definitely needs luck lol, its like he has been cursed this year TBH, especially now against two mercs who work solid and no.2 makes it impossible to get to no.1 driver, plus kimi will be super defensive against seb like monza , seb has to quali on pole at every race now and stay infront at every race now with no brain farts.... hmmm maybe not mexico because pole is a disadvantage

i wish him LUCK
    He has Ferrari to thank for that...

In all fairness I find it very hard to believe Seb will be fighting against Kimi. Ferrari have all the joker cards they need to put Kimi behind Seb, be it early pit stops, prolonged pit stops, fuel loads, engine modes, tyre choices, an infinity! Kimi can try and do a Verstappen or a Vettel Multi-21 but he is not the type. Now that he knows the Ferrari days are over he will be a tad more careless and quite possibly not care much about retiring the car / DNF. Just look at how Daniel is driving after announcing he is leaving RB. I just can't understand why FIA cannot make it a rule that contracts can only be discussed after a season is over. It's unfair for everyone, team / driver / championship / spectators and so on. I for one wouldn't be happy working my notice period where my boss and colleagues look at me like some spy instead of an old friend, with holding upgrades and keeping me away from tests etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    In all fairness I find it very hard to believe Seb will be fighting against Kimi. Ferrari have all the joker cards they need to put Kimi behind Seb, be it early pit stops, prolonged pit stops, fuel loads, engine modes, tyre choices, an infinity! Kimi can try and do a Verstappen or a Vettel Multi-21 but he is not the type. Now that he knows the Ferrari days are over he will be a tad more careless and quite possibly not care much about retiring the car / DNF. Just look at how Daniel is driving after announcing he is leaving RB. I just can't understand why FIA cannot make it a rule that contracts can only be discussed after a season is over. It's unfair for everyone, team / driver / championship / spectators and so on. I for one wouldn't be happy working my notice period where my boss and colleagues look at me like some spy instead of an old friend, with holding upgrades and keeping me away from tests etc.
    Good idea, doesn't work. It would be great for us fans also to have something during that long winter break. A market period of 1 month for all moves to be done. That being said, it is almost impossible to keep teams from talking with drivers, as they are every race in the same place at the same time. Most likely when that period starts, all has been said and done and only the paperwork will be pushed through.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Last years car was only better than mercedes at very few tracks with high downforce, in most of the tracks it was no where near the mercedes, if anything it was vettel who was outperforming the car for most of last year, this year I agree that he should have more points
    +1

+1
    Seb needs to out perform this 2018 car! There's still time. It seems true; Ferrari is better than Merc for the next 7 races. F1 just ain't right without Ferrari WCC !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Seb needs to out perform this 2018 car! There's still time. It seems true; Ferrari is better than Merc for the next 7 races. F1 just ain't right without Ferrari WCC !
    Ferrari is on par with Mercedes, not better.

Who are you to lay judgement to any of our drivers? That is only for the management of this team to do so.
    What is enough or not enough is not for you, me or anyone for that matter to say so.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve