Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...king_mistakes/

agree with most of this, add the fact his teammate barely ever takes points off from his rival when he has an off race too
    Yes but see, Toto Wolff has other things to say for this. Surely you know all about this, you've been flooding the forum with whatever he has to say.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Alonso is currently out of an F1 contract for next year. I'm sure he'd come back and drive for Ferrari if the offer was made
    It will be a cold day in hell before Alonso drives for Ferrari again.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I think that was said about KR as well.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Who are you to lay judgement to any of our drivers? That is only for the management of this team to do so.
    What is enough or not enough is not for you, me or anyone for that matter to say so.
    Great post, needed to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    And you my friend are blind. After all mistakes from last year witch cost him title and mistakes from this year i think it is time to make it funeral...
    Last year the car was clearly behind Mercedes, this years car is on par. If you think otherwise you are the one being blind my friend.
    "It is very close – there is not much in the cars" Valtteri Bottas yesterday.
    Of course you know better.

Vettel has won 4 world titles with the "missile" RedBull.
    Vettel is not a talent, he's just a good driver.
    I am in love with Ferrari: Red Passion. Cheering for the drivers only to win the Ferrari!

ForzaFerrariGo!

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia più vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Ferrari is on par with Mercedes, not better.
    this
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Last year the car was clearly behind Mercedes, this years car is on par. If you think otherwise you are the one being blind my friend.
    "It is very close – there is not much in the cars" Valtteri Bottas yesterday.
    Of course you know better.

That is the sad part. That car under vettel is the fastest car out there. Just like Hamilton eeks out a little bit more in qualy Seb does the same with the Ferrari. Just give us 7 clean races everyone will see how much faster Ferrari really is! Kimi isn't a reference point never is on race day

Kimi's pole, podiums, and all his points are as you say useless, we have Seb!! As long as the races are clean , no rain , no one along side him, Seb to the rescue, WCC ! Oh, and Kimi , move over!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Kimi's pole, podiums, and all his points are as you say useless, we have Seb!! As long as the races are clean , no rain , no one along side him, Seb to the rescue, WCC ! Oh, and Kimi , move over!
    Well Singapore looks like it will be wet all weekend

Here are some interesting stats about Seb this season per RaceFans.com:

He spent 341 laps in the lead (more than 40% of all race laps) compared to Hamster's 250.

His average quali position is 2.07 (failing to be in the top 3 only in Hungary - P4)

He is -0.493s quicker than Kimi on average quali pace in q3.

His average position gain on lap 1 is the worst of all drivers: -2. Next one? Kimi: -1.36

His quali and race results so far:
    AUS (3) 1
    BAH (1) 1
    CHI (1) 8
    AZE (1) 4
    SPA (3) 4
    MON (2) 2
    CAN (1) 1
    FRA (3) 5
    AUS (6*) 3
    BRI (2) 1
    GER (1) -
    HUN (4) 2
    BEL (2) 1
    ITA (2) 4

Point difference in 2017 and 2018. It was pretty much the same up until the Italian GP then everything went south... Please dont let history repeat itself.

2017.jpeg

2018.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Here are some interesting stats about Seb this season per RaceFans.com:

He spent 341 laps in the lead (more than 40% of all race laps) compared to Hamster's 250.

His average quali position is 2.07 (failing to be in the top 3 only in Hungary - P4)

He is -0.493s quicker than Kimi on average quali pace in q3.

His average position gain on lap 1 is the worst of all drivers: -2. Next one? Kimi: -1.36

His quali and race results so far:
    AUS (3) 1
    BAH (1) 1
    CHI (1) 8
    AZE (1) 4
    SPA (3) 4
    MON (2) 2
    CAN (1) 1
    FRA (3) 5
    AUS (6*) 3
    BRI (2) 1
    GER (1) -
    HUN (4) 2
    BEL (2) 1
    ITA (2) 4

Point difference in 2017 and 2018. It was pretty much the same up until the Italian GP then everything went south... Please dont let history repeat itself.

I'd add few more bits:

Vettel's average Qualifying position: 2.07 but his average finishing position: 3.9
    Hamilton's average Qualifying position: 3.0, average finishing position: 3.1

Vettel's qualifying ratio to Kimi: 11-3, but his finishing ratio to Kimi: 8-6
    Hamilton's qualifying ratio to Bottas: 9-5. finishing ratio: 11-3

Number of podiums: Vettel (8), Hamilton (11)

Number of DNF (due to reliability issues): Vettel (0), Hamilton (1)
    Number of DNF (due to crash): Vettel (1), Hamilton (0)

Two inferences: Ferrari is the fastest car & Seb is not capitalising on it

Who are you to lay judgement to any of our drivers? That is only for the management of this team to do so.
    What is enough or not enough is not for you, me or anyone for that matter to say so.
    Why, I wonder, does this forum exist then? Would it not be better then to ask the "Management of the Team"? I thought that the purpose of this forum was precisely to opine, among other things, on the drivers' performance...

Quote Originally Posted by goodwood View Post
    Why, I wonder, does this forum exist then? Would it not be better then to ask the "Management of the Team"? I thought that the purpose of this forum was precisely to opine, among other things, on the drivers' performance...
    The purpose of the forum is laid down in the forum rules.
    Why don't you go visit them and make sure you understand them.

At any rate it is not up to any of us to say what is the purpose of the drivers, or any of the team members, or bash them for that matter. In fact, it's against the rules of the forum.

The purpose of the forum is laid down in the forum rules.
    Why don't you go visit them and make sure you understand them.

At any rate it is not up to any of us to say what is the purpose of the drivers, or any of the team members, or bash them for that matter. In fact, it's against the rules of the forum.
    Hitler had that kind of rules!

If this is true, Vettel will be our second driver next season.

https://www.formulapassion.it/fp-eng...ca-401278.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Two inferences: Ferrari is the fastest car & Seb is not capitalising on it

Kubica?, how can he know?.

Kubica? really? So a 4 time WDC not at the level of 1x race winner?

I dunno who the hell is this Marciello guy is but he sounds like a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Ricciardo was clown too!

Crazy attention wanting clown.

Ricciardo was clown too!
    Ah, schoolyard logic. Guess Kvyat is better than both Ricciardo and Vettel...

Ah, schoolyard logic. Guess Kvyat is better than both Ricciardo and Vettel...

Nothing like a "never-was" Ferrari Academy Reject criticizing our current driver who happens to have four championships under his belt.

Disappointed Since 2010

You're as sharp as a grape aren't you.

Hitler had that kind of rules!
    Noone forces you here :)

You're as sharp as a grape aren't you.

https://m.motorsport-magazin.com/for...ungslosigkeit/

Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari perform in the Formula 1 season 2018 under their possibilities. Christian Danner analyzes where the dog is buried.

Why are Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel so clearly behind Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton? The car can not lie ...
    Christian Danner: No, the car is clearly not. Ferrari has managed to implement the potential by a combination of political mistakes, strategic mistakes, bad luck and sometimes even a very aggressive Sebastian. From the purely technical and driving side, Ferrari can win any race.

You have addressed Sebastian Vettel. He is the most heavily criticized by many sides. Is that correct?
    Christian Danner: It's easy - especially after Hockenheim - to beat Sebastian Vettel. In Hockenheim, of course, he has thrown away many points, but you must not forget how it came to this. Kimi has stopped him many laps, Sebastian did not pass, the tire temperatures went up, Hamilton has caught up. Ferrari did nothing. In the rain Vettel then had to drive with much more risk than he would have had to drive. That does not mean you have to leave, but here you have no problem endangering a superior position. I do not want to talk about Monza. There it was clear that you are faster in the slipstream. No matter how they started the year at Ferrari with the slipstream, at some point you have to ask yourself: Who can become world champion? Kimi or Sebastian?
    It looks a bit bad for Kimi and very good for Sebastian. Then you have to turn it around.

So Ferrari not only makes life difficult for himself, but especially Sebastian Vettel?
    Christian Danner: Definitely! Let's not forget: What Bottas did in Monza with Kimi, has finally disassembled Kimi's race. As a result, Hamilton passed by and won the race. A very good car with a brilliant Hamilton and a very good Bottas is a bulwark that consistently uses Mercedes with all available parameters against Ferrari and Vettel. Because Ferrari does not do that, it's two against one. Ferrari has to react to that, or it would have had to react a long time ago. But they were scared. Afraid because they did not want to fire Kimi once, but somehow had to. That was almost embarrassing. What do you want? Do you want to make Kimi happy or win the World Cup?

Is Ferrari historically afraid of stall orders?
    Christian Danner: In the statements of Maurizio Arrivabene about the team order, you realize that he does not understand team order properly. Team orders do not have to be made by saying: Let it pass. That is very different. Teamorder works by agreeing in advance and having a plan for all eventualities. It is not possible that Kimi drove in Hockenheim for a full circle in front of Sebastian. He needs to know that he has to drive to the side. But then there is the contract negotiations at the same time, a big poker. Is he staying, is not he? There you have to make things clear.

It does not have to be like Schumacher and Barrichello when he had to let him pass in Austria 'for the World Cup'. It does not have to be that dull today. When I stood next to it, Toto Wolff called Bottas Wingman. Even though he later regretted saying so: The word Wingman comes from Toto Wolff and no one else. It's clear how Mercedes does that. Wingman sounds better as a teamorder. But it is nothing else in content.

If we look at the bigger picture: Is Ferrari just missing out on building a team around Vettel as it was done around Schumacher back then? You do not really support him in the World Cup fight, put him in front of Leclerc next year, although he obviously would have preferred Kimi. Which does not mean that he feels particularly well ...
    Christian Danner: The Schumacher years were in the recent Ferrari past the only days in which Ferrari was consistently ahead. Why did that work then? Jean Todt had the store completely under control both inside and out. Inwardly he has bought and outwardly he has worked politically. No matter what Schumacher did, he always stood in front of him and protected him. The same was true for Ross Brawn. If Michael wanted a brick on the rear wing, then he got it. Most of the time he knew what he wanted and then drove faster. Whether Barrichello liked it or not, they did not care.

And then you look at Ferrari today: They let Sebastian hang in Monza and then said that it would be the same with Ferrari. Let's take a look at what Mercedes did in Austria: There, James Volwes made a wrong decision and Lewis Hamilton complained. Then the world's best strategist publicly flogged himself and told Lewis over the radio that he made a mistake and apologized. Just to keep the diva Hamilton happy. Mercedes knows: If Hamilton is happy, he is good. That's why they make him happy. You have to be aware of that.

At Ferrari, it's the other way round. And what does the Italian press do? Drive over Sebastian. That's never happened to Ferrari with Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne. They stuck together ironically, they had their store under control and there was only one motto: For the driver, I do everything. On the other hand, Sebastian does everything for the team and is always fair. He would have had enough opportunities to criticize the team. But he faces the team, even if there were obvious mistakes.

Vettel seems to make more mistakes without backing and with the pressure.
    Christian Danner: I do not necessarily think so. He compensates a lot with risk. But I already believe that you get a Vettel in maximum form, if you give him a good feeling. At Red Bull, it was not much different, I remember Multi21. There, however, Dr. Marko then said: Vettel will be world champion and not Webber. It's not as if that had not been tried to get the Vettel in the maximum range.

Schumacher then had many people - Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne have already been addressed - from Benetton to Ferrari piloted. Did Vettel miss building up his team or is it not working anymore?
    Christian Danner: That does not work anymore. Ferrari is different. And besides, you can badly implant the Red Bull team at Ferrari. You also need a Jean Todt for it. And that does not exist. Technically, that works, but even greats like James Allison and Co. always ran aground because the political head is not the right one. Instead of relieving Sebastian properly, he fights alone.

The car is good, Mattia Binotto has a good team together. The engines are going crazy! Only: If the opponent is just as good, that's not enough. Not only do I want to chop up Ferrari, they have achieved many things that many did not even dare to do. They have a more reliable and powerful engine than Mercedes and they have a car that works everywhere: in slow corners as well as in fast corners, they have found a good compromise between downforce and aerodynamic drag. You've done a lot right, but that's not enough if you want to win the World Cup.

Is there a way out? Is the title still possible?
    Christian Danner: Yes, that is still possible! In the one and a half weeks between Singapore and Sochi, one hopes to sit down and think: What do we really want? Do we want to roll or do we want to become world champions? Mind you, Leclerc will not be coming until next year, and if you've calculated that Kimi will not be able to do that in the World Cup then you should come to the logical conclusion and say: If Mercedes does that, then we'll do it that way , Besides, you have to analyze the mistakes you make soberly and not emotionally.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Vettel rejects psychological coach.
    It's not how start but how you finish.