Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 41516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Yes, Sebastian Vettel is considered the best qualifier by everyone in the paddock. Vettel's one lap speed annoyed McLaren Mercedes too much in 2011 and 2012, they even put out a statement:

McLaren's McGrath added that beating qualifying master Sebastian Vettel will be crucial if McLaren is to be successful in 2012, particularly as its analysis indicated that the raw pace of last year's MP4-26 was superior towards the end of the season despite Red Bull and Vettel's run of poles.

"He must be a brilliant driver, because by the end of last season we definitely had the best car and he was still whupping us," McGrath said. "We're trying to figure out exactly what he's doing that's so good. How does he pull out that fast qualifying lap every time? We think it's driver skill. There's no trickery on the cars, he just gets more out of it than we do."

A driver like Nico Rosberg getting 40 poles against Hamilton says it all about Hamilton's own speed. In qualifying, Hamilton is equal to Ricciardo.

Best qualifiers on the grid -

1) Sebastian Vettel
    2) Max Verstappen
    3) Lewis Hamilton / Daniel Ricciardo

Mexico 2017 is a great example, both Ferrari and Red Bull were slower than Mercedes but both Vettel and Verstappen were in a league of their own in qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    How did Seb do against Ricci in qualifying 2014?
    Ricciardo- vettel 10-9

Average Start 6.26-7.79

So, Riccardo was clearly ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFan View Post
    How do we know he is super fast over a single lap? Hes been getting poles in championship winning machinery.

When he hasnt had the car, he hasnt looked anything like an elite driver, thats just what it is.

And before anyone brings up monza and torro rosso, bourdias qualified P3 in the same car. The car had an advantage in those conditions.
    Bordais actually qualified 4th in monza 2008, behind a mcclaren and a red bull and of corse vettel toro rosso his teammate who was almost a full second ahead

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    A driver like Nico Rosberg getting 40 poles against Hamilton says it all about Hamilton's own speed. In qualifying, Hamilton is equal to Ricciardo.

1) Sebastian Vettel
    2) Max Verstappen

Mexico 2017 is a great example, both Ferrari and Red Bull were slower than Mercedes but both Vettel and Verstappen were in a league of their own in qualifying.
    LeClerc is better at quali than Seb
    Forza Ferrari

If you guys can't see that Seb has the speed, you must be blind. The problem is wheel to wheel racing, he just has to take it easy and limit those dive bombs he does, especially when our car seems to be the most fragile

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    If you guys can't see that Seb has the speed, you must be blind. The problem is wheel to wheel racing, he just has to take it easy and limit those dive bombs he does, especially when our car seems to be the most fragile
    Perfectly said..!! I think few r making a story out of it.

Vettel is 70pts behind Lewis after the USGP 2018 in an equal car to that of Mercedes.

Kimi is 55pts behind Vettel. Playing second fiddle, at times with "inferior" parts, and qualifying just 2 to 3 tenths behind Vettel and on different tire strats to Vettel during the race.

My 2 cents.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

If I was a driver and had to chose a car this year I would have taken the Mercedes. Mercs was more consistent, had better strategists, made less mistakes, the car was more solid physically and better in wet conditions. On top of that Lewis had maybe his greatest season with only one DNF and a wingman that would give his "life" for him if needed(unlike Rosberg). What about Ferrari? Ferrari was the most improved, they took gambles, improved the PU a lot, which is on par with Mercs now and had a decent car on every track compared to last year. We have better traction out of the corners and our straight line speed ain't that bad either. Could have Seb won the WDC with this car? Yes he could. Ferrari gave Seb a car with no technical DNF's, which means he already had an upper hand on Lewis(1DNF by no fault of his own). Seb had a chance, he wouldn't be the favorite in the Ferrari, but the car gave him a chance. He blew it with those dive bombs and poor wheel to wheel drive and the German GP brain fart. He is behind where he should be, within 20 points of Lewis imo. This year needs to be a learning experience for him, he has the speed and I believe he can bring us that WDC. I am not too upset because it was un uphill battle, but him being behind to where he should be on points, is costing us a good chance at the WCC. Would we have had a better chance with Kimi? I don't think so. He did suffer 3 DNF's with no fault of his own and with those he may be level with Seb. He has been very consistent and would have benefited if Seb helped and the team's attention but the lack of wins means he would still be around 50 points behind Lewis. What we needed this year was a perfect Seb and we didn't get him unfortunately...
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 22nd October 2018 at 23:18.

1) Sebastian Vettel
    2) Max Verstappen

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LeClerc is better at quali than Seb
    I won't go that far ahead. But he can surely give a tough fight to Seb next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettel is 70pts behind Lewis after the USGP 2018 in an equal car to that of Mercedes.

Kimi is 55pts behind Vettel. Playing second fiddle, at times with "inferior" parts, and qualifying just 2 to 3 tenths behind Vettel and on different tire strats to Vettel during the race.

My 2 cents.
    At no times did Kimi play second fiddle to Seb, Austria, Monza is the perfect example, both had same superior parts, earlier in the season Kimi had an engine part failure which put him out of sync with Seb so as to prevent penalty. Ferrari of 2017 and 2018 is perfect for Kimi, it's in his narrow operating window where he is very fast but Vettel is still beating him.

Different tyre strategies were due to Kimi's own poor performances, in the first half, Vettel was always present on the front row either in qualifying or race but Kimi was always found fighting with Red Bulls.

My 3 cents.

At no times did Kimi play second fiddle to Seb, Austria, Monza is the perfect example, both had same superior parts, earlier in the season Kimi had an engine part failure which put him out of sync with Seb so as to prevent penalty. Ferrari of 2017 and 2018 is perfect for Kimi, it's in his narrow operating window where he is very fast but Vettel is still beating him.

Different tyre strategies were due to Kimi's own poor performances, in the first half, Vettel was always present on the front row either in qualifying or race but Kimi was always found fighting with Red Bulls.

My 3 cents.
    Kimi had 3 DNF's by not fault of his own to Seb's 0, so he would be a lot closer to Seb at this point. Also he was outside the podium only 2 times in the first 14 races when he finished so I don't know what poor performances you are talking about.

On reflection I think Ferrari maybe replaced the wrong driver I read Coulthard was saying that Vettel has been seen hanging around with Red Bull a lot more in recent weeks.......
    Forza Ferrari

On reflection I think Ferrari maybe replaced the wrong driver I read Coulthard was saying that Vettel has been seen hanging around with Red Bull a lot more in recent weeks.......
    Yeah i read Coulthard's statement as well. Well it's just normal to be more attached with RB considering he had his best years with them and he's also a RB kid so...

It would not surprise me if he decides to retire with Red Bull.

Drivers come and go and now it is time for KR to move on and SF to continue in 2019 with SV and that new guy. Any second guessing is a waste of time.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Is he gonna run away again from a challenge?

Here's an idea: How about some support for one of our drivers who is clearly ailing? I used to think he was a paper champion, but he is a four time champion and will bounce back.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah i read Coulthard's statement as well. Well it's just normal to be more attached with RB considering he had his best years with them and he's also a RB kid so...

It would not surprise me if he decides to retire with Red Bull.
    Would Red Bull even have him? Doesn't seem like the type of team who would take a driver at the end of his career, especially since they're building their team around Verstappen and Gasly.

Disappointed Since 2010

^^ Sebs only what?? 31/32....still has 5 or 6 yrs of racing. Max is not staying at RedBull which he will jump ship if Lewis retires from F1 or Ferrari hires Max.

I can see Seb coming back to RedBull. Horner will most likely take him back.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Max and Sebastian at Red Bull. Nail to the coffin for Vettlel's career.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Max and Sebastian at Red Bull. Nail to the coffin for Vettlel's career.
    And nail in the coffin for a Vettel hater. The only good driver you had in Poland was Kubica, but he was also not that good, just 1 victory. You must be really hurt that the Germany has 12 world title together, and Poland none. I am 100% that the hate for German people is for you still there as a polish person...

Have fun, but every new post you post is getting more boring for the people around here, its really sad that you cant get out of your delusional hate world...
    Its a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    And nail in the coffin for a Vettel hater. The only good driver you had in Poland was Kubica, but he was also not that good, just 1 victory. You must be really hurt that the Germany has 12 world title together, and Poland none. I am 100% that the hate for German people is for you still there as a polish person...

Have fun, but every new post you post is getting more boring for the people around here, its really sad that you cant get out of your delusional hate world...
    Its a shame...
    I don’t think he brought nationalities here

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Its a shame...
    Not gonna comment on nationalism/driver nationality but I do agree with your post (second part). Vettel deserves criticism but the outright hate toward him is uncalled for, disappointing to say the least. Seb STILL is one of top 3 drivers on the grid, he is just having a really bad year and made some terrible errors, but he is still very honest about it.

I really hope he uses this season to build himself up and come back stronger next year.

Judging by the amount of space that Max leaves every time he fights with HAM, I guess Max may have already an arrangement with Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Drivers come and go and now it is time for KR to move on and SF to continue in 2019 with SV and that new guy. Any second guessing is a waste of time.
    Exactly. Kimi in PR conference after his first win for a long while was very convicing that he is happy to move over.

Personally it will be exciting year in 2019. Rooting for Ferrari but also excited for finnish drivers. I don't care if Vettel or LeClerc is better WDC-wise. I just hope that they have an opportunity to fight for it with Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post
    Judging by the amount of space that Max leaves every time he fights with HAM, I guess Max may have already an arrangement with Merc
    I don`t think so. It was after this, when he started to drive without crashes.

Marko was angry with Verstappen’s aggressive driving as he tried to undertake at the hairpin, and he has warned the 20-year-old to be more careful in future races.
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...-Marko-Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Not gonna comment on nationalism/driver nationality but I do agree with your post (second part). Vettel deserves criticism but the outright hate toward him is uncalled for, disappointing to say the least. Seb STILL is one of top 3 drivers on the grid, he is just having a really bad year and made some terrible errors, but he is still very honest about it.

I really hope he uses this season to build himself up and come back stronger next year.
    Its not "Hate", he's just not good enough. If you would have come on this forum in 2012, everyone would have told you the same thing.

The only thing that changed is now he's driving for us and so people are conning themselves into thinking he's some kind of magical driver that under the perfect conditions is unstoppable.

Ain't going to happen... Cuz paper soldiers don't win ye wars

Very true
    I am surprised that people believe that vettle will somehow win in a car that's on equal footing with Lewis's car
    No way that's going to happen, for Ferrari to win the championship with vettle, they should build a la RBR exhaust blowing rocket ship that's at least 5 tenths clear of Mercedes
    Mates...denial mode will not help