Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6171819202122232425262728293031
Results 901 to 924 of 924

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

  1. #901
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The issue with Seb has never been the car to begin with.
    My opinion is that he had to do much more than what he felt that he had to do (meaning that apart from driving, he had to do things that normally belong to the pit wall) and also there were no clear #1 and #2 roles (Arivabene admitted to that) , and with a clear #1,#2 team as Merc is (contrary to what they say at times) that added to pressure. Add to that the italian press, expectations etc, he did crash under that.
    Agreed, it all amounts to additional pressure being loaded onto the driver and if the rumours of family problems are true, it's not surprising that he's tended to make errors of judgement in his race-craft. It's not really a justifiable excuse for a professional driver but we're all human with different emotional strengths and weaknesses.

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,572
    Excuses are valid, but I think Seb had a good shot here. If he was clearly better than Hamilton he would have won the title. Last year it would have been a miracle, this year not so much. No DNF's of not his fault, Lewis had one. I think Michael or a prime Alonso or Kimi would have won this with a cooler head. Contrary to what others say, I think Lewis is a control freak and breaks under pressure, the problem is that Seb is that way too, he needs to just lighten up a bit and stop with those dive bombs. The good part is that speed is not the problem, Seb has it and I believe he can do it, maybe next year. He needs to learn from all of this and Ferrari has to try and give him even better conditions. I believe Seb will be our next WDC.

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Excuses are valid, but I think Seb had a good shot here. If he was clearly better than Hamilton he would have won the title. Last year it would have been a miracle, this year not so much. No DNF's of not his fault, Lewis had one. I think Michael or a prime Alonso or Kimi would have won this with a cooler head. Contrary to what others say, I think Lewis is a control freak and breaks under pressure, the problem is that Seb is that way too, he needs to just lighten up a bit and stop with those dive bombs. The good part is that speed is not the problem, Seb has it and I believe he can do it, maybe next year. He needs to learn from all of this and Ferrari has to try and give him even better conditions. I believe Seb will be our next WDC.
    Of course he had the best shot this season, but from Germany onwards his mistakes as well as those of the pit wall have all contributed to his downfall, along with Merc's various 'legal' updates and the biggest problem of all is Hamilton himself, who has been virtually mistake-free with the added bonus of a rear-gunner in place. On top of that, the FIA seems determined to make it as easy as possible for Mercedes while condemning everything innovative that Ferrari brings to the grid.

  4. #904
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,529
    Can anyone name the extra concerns the pit wall has put on Seb, that they are supposed to be handling, not the driver? Even the FIA favoring Merc has nothing to do with Max and his success . The driving mistakes are the drivers fault.

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Can anyone name the extra concerns the pit wall has put on Seb, that they are supposed to be handling, not the driver? Even the FIA favoring Merc has nothing to do with Max and his success . The driving mistakes are the drivers fault.
    Brembo, we know you are having a serious love-in with Max and I can understand your enthusiasm for his racing spirit, but until he drives a red car, I will be unable to share that enthusiasm and hope that Charles will be able to compete with him in the future. But I was grateful for his stalling of HAM in Austin! As for the extra stress put on Seb by the pit wall, he is not trusting their judgment 100% and at several races this season they have made mistakes, especially in quali, but not the last one where they were spot on in the race.
    Last edited by wisepie; 26th October 2018 at 13:53.

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Brembo, we know you are having a serious love-in with Max and I can understand your enthusiasm for his racing spirit, but until he drives a red car, I will be unable to share that enthusiasm and hope that Charles will be able to compete with him in the future. But I was grateful for his stalling of HAM in Austin! As for the extra stress put on Seb by the pit wall, he is not trusting their judgment 100% and at several races this season they have made mistakes, especially in quali, but not the last one where they were spot on in the race.
    Brembo is a hybrid between Max and Lewis.

  7. #907
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,529
    [QUOTE=wisepie;994282]Brembo, we know you are having a serious love-in with Max and I can understand your enthusiasm for his racing spirit, but until he drives a red car, I will be unable to share that enthusiasm and hope that Charles will be able to compete with him in the future. But I was grateful for his stalling of HAM in Austin! As for the extra stress put on Seb by the pit wall, he is not trusting their judgment 100% and at several races this season they have made mistakes, especially in quali, but not the last one where they were spot on in the race.[/QUOTE

    Wisepie; I need F-1 races to be exciting. Watching Seb is like my posts; boring. Seeing Kimi win was great being a Ferrari win. But.. knowing the up front drivers are watching out for Max and praying not to have to get close; knowing he's out to win not move over is great to pay attention to as a fan. It's also important to see Leclerc finish the race and in the points! I have to feel sorry for any fan who didn't watch the last race till the end, because their guy had no shot at the win. Knowing 81 poles and possible WDC was and is all luck and FIA help, no driver skill leaves Lewis out and Max in as the driver to watch!

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Brembo is a hybrid between Max and Lewis.
    I can picture Max right now wearing two gold chains

  9. #909
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I can picture Max right now wearing two gold chains
    Forget calling Lewis "two chains" he's" eighty poles!"

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    95
    So much excuses and crying going on. The simple fact is time will decide for Vettel how good he is. Video evidence will exist forever and once emotions have been tempered a little bit people will be able to sit back and analyse everything and come to objective conclusions.And I fear history will not be very kind to the 4 time world champion.

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,354
    [QUOTE=Brembo;994366]
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Brembo, we know you are having a serious love-in with Max and I can understand your enthusiasm for his racing spirit, but until he drives a red car, I will be unable to share that enthusiasm and hope that Charles will be able to compete with him in the future. But I was grateful for his stalling of HAM in Austin! As for the extra stress put on Seb by the pit wall, he is not trusting their judgment 100% and at several races this season they have made mistakes, especially in quali, but not the last one where they were spot on in the race.[/QUOTE

    Wisepie; I need F-1 races to be exciting. Watching Seb is like my posts; boring. Seeing Kimi win was great being a Ferrari win. But.. knowing the up front drivers are watching out for Max and praying not to have to get close; knowing he's out to win not move over is great to pay attention to as a fan. It's also important to see Leclerc finish the race and in the points! I have to feel sorry for any fan who didn't watch the last race till the end, because their guy had no shot at the win. Knowing 81 poles and possible WDC was and is all luck and FIA help, no driver skill leaves Lewis out and Max in as the driver to watch!
    We all want close racing and Max certainly delivers that with abandon, and that's exactly what Seb has been doing recently but without getting away with it! I don't rate Seb above Max or Lewis and just hope we have another Max in Charles, in the meantime I'll continue to support both Seb and Kimi. My love-in was always with Felipe, I usually support the underdogs!!!

  12. #912
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,529
    Wisepie, it's great waiting for a race to start and not know who will win until it's over. F-1 at it's best. I'm not sure who will be on pole either! I'm wishing Kimi the winner.

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Castellon, Spain
    Posts
    2,815


    A little of humor...

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Posts
    129
    Not really that funny
    .
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.

  15. #915
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,813
    Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    Not really that funny
    yeah, not funny, but he's made quite a few mistakes this season, that ultimately may have cost him the WDC this year....i'm not saying that without ANY mistakes from him he would have won this year....but it would have been pretty close and down to the WIRE and maybe to hte last race
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  16. #916
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,354
    Not funny at all and some of the worst moments for us over the season, you can't deny that he was trying very hard but maybe relying too much on the goodwill of fellow drivers, and he certainly got no cooperation from them. Without those moments, I do think he'd have taken the WDC to Abu Dhabi, but then the pitwall is guilty of forcing some of those errors too. Once again we lose out, just like 10yrs ago with Felipe. That's scary.

  17. #917
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Not funny at all and some of the worst moments for us over the season, you can't deny that he was trying very hard but maybe relying too much on the goodwill of fellow drivers, and he certainly got no cooperation from them. Without those moments, I do think he'd have taken the WDC to Abu Dhabi, but then the pitwall is guilty of forcing some of those errors too. Once again we lose out, just like 10yrs ago with Felipe. That's scary.
    2010 and 2012 with Alonso as well.

    Still better than being a McLaren fan...

  18. #918
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    maybe relying too much on the goodwill of fellow drivers, and he certainly got no cooperation from them.
    Sorry, but what the hell are you on About? You mean you wanted other drivers to pull over and wave him through?

    You may not like it but those errors are all on Vettel, no one else.

  19. #919
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,813
    Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Sorry, but what the hell are you on About? You mean you wanted other drivers to pull over and wave him through?

    You may not like it but those errors are all on Vettel, no one else.
    yup, could NOT agree more.....he can ONLY blame himself....and the team a little bit for some crappy pit call and strategies, as well as upgrades that have NOT worked since Monza...it's funny, as our car seems to be just as fast NOW with all new upgrades stripped off the car and a match for Merc (as seen in the last 2 races), even if the Merc have had upgrades that probably worked for them....

    so with hindsight, we shold have left the car alone and NOT bothered with those "downgrades".....LOL
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  20. #920
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,529
    [QUOTE=evo_spook;995256]Sorry, but what the hell are you on About? You mean you wanted other drivers to pull over and wave him through?

    He meant his team mate in particular and maybe some drivers. Seb really believes he's Shumy Jr. Just have to "Let him pass! " The seasons lost for Ferrari. Boring words, but true.

  21. #921
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,448
    Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Sorry, but what the hell are you on About? You mean you wanted other drivers to pull over and wave him through?

    You may not like it but those errors are all on Vettel, no one else.
    I think it's a matter of misinterpretation here. I reckon the poster meant that Seb came in contact with too many of his fellow drivers.
    These exchanges could be judged racing incidents as many were even though in some cases the driver was being downright bullish.
    I don't think the poster meant what you read into it.


    Forza Jules

  22. #922
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I think it's a matter of misinterpretation here. I reckon the poster meant that Seb came in contact with too many of his fellow drivers.
    These exchanges could be judged racing incidents as many were even though in some cases the driver was being downright bullish.
    I don't think the poster meant what you read into it.
    Of course I wasn't expecting other drivers to move over for Seb and I accept that some of his moves were ambitious at best, but it takes two to tango and in most cases the other driver could have come off worst, it's just that Seb never managed to make those moves work in his favour and suffered accordingly. And thanks racingbradley for putting evo-spook straight! The reference to Felipe's 2008 few seconds as WDC still pains me greatly, as do the two we lost with Fernando, but Felipe's was the hardest to bear for me!
    Last edited by wisepie; 6th November 2018 at 13:38.

  23. #923
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Can anyone name the extra concerns the pit wall has put on Seb, that they are supposed to be handling, not the driver? Even the FIA favoring Merc has nothing to do with Max and his success . The driving mistakes are the drivers fault.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...f_vettels_car/

    Amateurs.

  24. #924
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,529
    Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    Thank You!!! Grazie!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •