Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 61718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The issue with Seb has never been the car to begin with.
    My opinion is that he had to do much more than what he felt that he had to do (meaning that apart from driving, he had to do things that normally belong to the pit wall) and also there were no clear #1 and #2 roles (Arivabene admitted to that) , and with a clear #1,#2 team as Merc is (contrary to what they say at times) that added to pressure. Add to that the italian press, expectations etc, he did crash under that.
    Agreed, it all amounts to additional pressure being loaded onto the driver and if the rumours of family problems are true, it's not surprising that he's tended to make errors of judgement in his race-craft. It's not really a justifiable excuse for a professional driver but we're all human with different emotional strengths and weaknesses.

Excuses are valid, but I think Seb had a good shot here. If he was clearly better than Hamilton he would have won the title. Last year it would have been a miracle, this year not so much. No DNF's of not his fault, Lewis had one. I think Michael or a prime Alonso or Kimi would have won this with a cooler head. Contrary to what others say, I think Lewis is a control freak and breaks under pressure, the problem is that Seb is that way too, he needs to just lighten up a bit and stop with those dive bombs. The good part is that speed is not the problem, Seb has it and I believe he can do it, maybe next year. He needs to learn from all of this and Ferrari has to try and give him even better conditions. I believe Seb will be our next WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Excuses are valid, but I think Seb had a good shot here. If he was clearly better than Hamilton he would have won the title. Last year it would have been a miracle, this year not so much. No DNF's of not his fault, Lewis had one. I think Michael or a prime Alonso or Kimi would have won this with a cooler head. Contrary to what others say, I think Lewis is a control freak and breaks under pressure, the problem is that Seb is that way too, he needs to just lighten up a bit and stop with those dive bombs. The good part is that speed is not the problem, Seb has it and I believe he can do it, maybe next year. He needs to learn from all of this and Ferrari has to try and give him even better conditions. I believe Seb will be our next WDC.
    Of course he had the best shot this season, but from Germany onwards his mistakes as well as those of the pit wall have all contributed to his downfall, along with Merc's various 'legal' updates and the biggest problem of all is Hamilton himself, who has been virtually mistake-free with the added bonus of a rear-gunner in place. On top of that, the FIA seems determined to make it as easy as possible for Mercedes while condemning everything innovative that Ferrari brings to the grid.

Can anyone name the extra concerns the pit wall has put on Seb, that they are supposed to be handling, not the driver? Even the FIA favoring Merc has nothing to do with Max and his success . The driving mistakes are the drivers fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Can anyone name the extra concerns the pit wall has put on Seb, that they are supposed to be handling, not the driver? Even the FIA favoring Merc has nothing to do with Max and his success . The driving mistakes are the drivers fault.
    Brembo, we know you are having a serious love-in with Max and I can understand your enthusiasm for his racing spirit, but until he drives a red car, I will be unable to share that enthusiasm and hope that Charles will be able to compete with him in the future. But I was grateful for his stalling of HAM in Austin! As for the extra stress put on Seb by the pit wall, he is not trusting their judgment 100% and at several races this season they have made mistakes, especially in quali, but not the last one where they were spot on in the race.
    Last edited by wisepie; 26th October 2018 at 11:53.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Brembo, we know you are having a serious love-in with Max and I can understand your enthusiasm for his racing spirit, but until he drives a red car, I will be unable to share that enthusiasm and hope that Charles will be able to compete with him in the future. But I was grateful for his stalling of HAM in Austin! As for the extra stress put on Seb by the pit wall, he is not trusting their judgment 100% and at several races this season they have made mistakes, especially in quali, but not the last one where they were spot on in the race.
    Brembo is a hybrid between Max and Lewis.

[QUOTE=wisepie;994282]Brembo, we know you are having a serious love-in with Max and I can understand your enthusiasm for his racing spirit, but until he drives a red car, I will be unable to share that enthusiasm and hope that Charles will be able to compete with him in the future. But I was grateful for his stalling of HAM in Austin! As for the extra stress put on Seb by the pit wall, he is not trusting their judgment 100% and at several races this season they have made mistakes, especially in quali, but not the last one where they were spot on in the race.[/QUOTE

Wisepie; I need F-1 races to be exciting. Watching Seb is like my posts; boring. Seeing Kimi win was great being a Ferrari win. But.. knowing the up front drivers are watching out for Max and praying not to have to get close; knowing he's out to win not move over is great to pay attention to as a fan. It's also important to see Leclerc finish the race and in the points! I have to feel sorry for any fan who didn't watch the last race till the end, because their guy had no shot at the win. Knowing 81 poles and possible WDC was and is all luck and FIA help, no driver skill leaves Lewis out and Max in as the driver to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Brembo is a hybrid between Max and Lewis.
    I can picture Max right now wearing two gold chains

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I can picture Max right now wearing two gold chains
    Forget calling Lewis "two chains" he's" eighty poles!"

So much excuses and crying going on. The simple fact is time will decide for Vettel how good he is. Video evidence will exist forever and once emotions have been tempered a little bit people will be able to sit back and analyse everything and come to objective conclusions.And I fear history will not be very kind to the 4 time world champion.

[QUOTE=Brembo;994366]
    Brembo, we know you are having a serious love-in with Max and I can understand your enthusiasm for his racing spirit, but until he drives a red car, I will be unable to share that enthusiasm and hope that Charles will be able to compete with him in the future. But I was grateful for his stalling of HAM in Austin! As for the extra stress put on Seb by the pit wall, he is not trusting their judgment 100% and at several races this season they have made mistakes, especially in quali, but not the last one where they were spot on in the race.[/QUOTE

Wisepie; I need F-1 races to be exciting. Watching Seb is like my posts; boring. Seeing Kimi win was great being a Ferrari win. But.. knowing the up front drivers are watching out for Max and praying not to have to get close; knowing he's out to win not move over is great to pay attention to as a fan. It's also important to see Leclerc finish the race and in the points! I have to feel sorry for any fan who didn't watch the last race till the end, because their guy had no shot at the win. Knowing 81 poles and possible WDC was and is all luck and FIA help, no driver skill leaves Lewis out and Max in as the driver to watch!
    We all want close racing and Max certainly delivers that with abandon, and that's exactly what Seb has been doing recently but without getting away with it! I don't rate Seb above Max or Lewis and just hope we have another Max in Charles, in the meantime I'll continue to support both Seb and Kimi. My love-in was always with Felipe, I usually support the underdogs!!!

Wisepie, it's great waiting for a race to start and not know who will win until it's over. F-1 at it's best. I'm not sure who will be on pole either! I'm wishing Kimi the winner.

A little of humor...

Not really that funny
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    Not really that funny
    yeah, not funny, but he's made quite a few mistakes this season, that ultimately may have cost him the WDC this year....i'm not saying that without ANY mistakes from him he would have won this year....but it would have been pretty close and down to the WIRE and maybe to hte last race
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Not funny at all and some of the worst moments for us over the season, you can't deny that he was trying very hard but maybe relying too much on the goodwill of fellow drivers, and he certainly got no cooperation from them. Without those moments, I do think he'd have taken the WDC to Abu Dhabi, but then the pitwall is guilty of forcing some of those errors too. Once again we lose out, just like 10yrs ago with Felipe. That's scary.

Not funny at all and some of the worst moments for us over the season, you can't deny that he was trying very hard but maybe relying too much on the goodwill of fellow drivers, and he certainly got no cooperation from them. Without those moments, I do think he'd have taken the WDC to Abu Dhabi, but then the pitwall is guilty of forcing some of those errors too. Once again we lose out, just like 10yrs ago with Felipe. That's scary.
    2010 and 2012 with Alonso as well.

Still better than being a McLaren fan...

Disappointed Since 2010

maybe relying too much on the goodwill of fellow drivers, and he certainly got no cooperation from them.
    Sorry, but what the hell are you on About? You mean you wanted other drivers to pull over and wave him through?

You may not like it but those errors are all on Vettel, no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Sorry, but what the hell are you on About? You mean you wanted other drivers to pull over and wave him through?

yup, could NOT agree more.....he can ONLY blame himself....and the team a little bit for some crappy pit call and strategies, as well as upgrades that have NOT worked since Monza...it's funny, as our car seems to be just as fast NOW with all new upgrades stripped off the car and a match for Merc (as seen in the last 2 races), even if the Merc have had upgrades that probably worked for them....

so with hindsight, we shold have left the car alone and NOT bothered with those "downgrades".....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

[QUOTE=evo_spook;995256]Sorry, but what the hell are you on About? You mean you wanted other drivers to pull over and wave him through?

He meant his team mate in particular and maybe some drivers. Seb really believes he's Shumy Jr. Just have to "Let him pass! " The seasons lost for Ferrari. Boring words, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post

I think it's a matter of misinterpretation here. I reckon the poster meant that Seb came in contact with too many of his fellow drivers.
    These exchanges could be judged racing incidents as many were even though in some cases the driver was being downright bullish.
    I don't think the poster meant what you read into it.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I think it's a matter of misinterpretation here. I reckon the poster meant that Seb came in contact with too many of his fellow drivers.
    These exchanges could be judged racing incidents as many were even though in some cases the driver was being downright bullish.
    I don't think the poster meant what you read into it.
    Of course I wasn't expecting other drivers to move over for Seb and I accept that some of his moves were ambitious at best, but it takes two to tango and in most cases the other driver could have come off worst, it's just that Seb never managed to make those moves work in his favour and suffered accordingly. And thanks racingbradley for putting evo-spook straight! The reference to Felipe's 2008 few seconds as WDC still pains me greatly, as do the two we lost with Fernando, but Felipe's was the hardest to bear for me!
    Last edited by wisepie; 6th November 2018 at 11:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...f_vettels_car/

Amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    Thank You!!! Grazie!

Wath is going on with Vettel!?

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    Wath is going on with Vettel!?
    My theory is that that crash in Germany last year destroyed him mentally. His downward spiral started after that race and I believe he never fully recovered from that. He hasn't quite been himself ever since. He needs some psychological help to get rid of those demons inside his head. I think a lot, if not all, football teams have a psychological therapist/counsellor to help players deal with the pressure and Ferrari should hire such a person to help Seb. He's obviously in a really bad state mentally.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Germany wasn't his first major mistake though. That's his career and unfortunately it hasn't got better with age. Vettel is a fantastic qualifier and can maintain this level for the whole race but he is really vulnerable to cracking under pressure. I can think of zero races when he made a mistake when feeling comfortable, but I can think of tens of mistakes when things were not going to plan. When he was in Red Bull, he was flying in qualifying and often can control the situation. Seb can overtake as well, that's not his problem. It's the pressure. I agree he can be more desperate now after Hockenheim, seeing Mercedes strength and now Leclerc's speed.

It's good he takes the blame afterwards but nothing changes and he keeps making the same mistakes which is bad.

I mentioned it yesterday. Seb has already won 4 titles, so he is already one of the most successful F1 drivers in history. The problem is his last title was 6 yrs ago.
    Personally i just don't see him winning a 5th, especially after a 6 year gap...

I will be pretty long but will go down to the facts. Been following Seb from 2007 on. In his RBR years he didnt do as many mistakes, in 2010 just Spa come in mind, Turkey was 50-50. He had much better support at his RBR team (behind the scenes), thats why he was getting better and better. With driving a red bull, which achieved nothing, he was under much less pressure as when driving a Ferrari. In 2011 he was amazing the whole year, 2012 just one big mistake in Malaysia, 2013 was awesome. He was probably the best adapted driver to the V8 engine rules, after 2014 he was never the same again. I saw he got some magic back in 2015, but after seeing Mercedes very quick he lost his motivation in 2016, and was trying to overdrive the car. In 2017 his raw pace was back, was fighting for the title with the slower car, until the trio collided in Singapore 2017, again not totally his mistake in damp conditions. The critical timing was Hockenheim 2018, after that all went down for Sebastian, he is just not the old himself, hard to say that really. Once you lost the confidence and self-believe its very hard to get it back, you are much more mistake prone, will always be scared what will happen, when pushing to much at the "next corner". And believe me its a circle its hard to get out off. But when he will get out of it, it makes you much stronger as a person. As his big fan, I would say he should take a 1 year off this sport, and I would be sure he would be back much faster.

Yesterday he was quite solid, made a awesome start, then was struggling with the rear tyres, as was his problem also in 2014. Then had to comeback and passed Lewis, job done, made a good gap. Then they had a good fight, but made a critical mistake, but I still see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers.

Vettel has always been error-prone and yesterday's spin not going to be his one and only mistake this year, I can bet on that. From Bahrain qualifying, we can see the pressure is building up on him. He was completely dominated by Leclerc, he had no answer to Charles's pace both in quali and race, and few of us knew this would happen.

I don't think 2019 is going to be a happy year for Vettel or his fans. I want him to do well but I just don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.