Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 71819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Ferrari need to make a decision on who to back for the title,

From the 2 races we have had for me it has to be Charles, quicker in both races, ok his starts are not great but on pure speed he is the real deal,

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

Luckily such decisions are most likely not made based on two races alone.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

I managed to find a shot of the exact moment Marthy Vettel McFly hit 88mph to travel back in time

https://ibb.co/ZXYXS5Q

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    I managed to find a shot of the exact moment Marthy Vettel McFly hit 88mph to travel back in time

https://ibb.co/ZXYXS5Q
    I dont like it. A shock moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Vettel has always been error-prone and yesterday's spin not going to be his one and only mistake this year, I can bet on that. From Bahrain qualifying, we can see the pressure is building up on him. He was completely dominated by Leclerc, he had no answer to Charles's pace both in quali and race, and few of us knew this would happen.

I don't think 2019 is going to be a happy year for Vettel or his fans. I want him to do well but I just don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
    Seb is not even in the tunnel so forget about light. After Australia, you were down and out, you change your opinion every single race. Relax. 2019 is Vettel's year. 3 wins and Vettel will be level with championship leader and it could very well happen in the next 3 races. Not sure about you but I won't be surprised if he bounces back and wins the next 3 races on the trot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I dont like it. A shock moment.
    I don't like that moment too but it's best to laugh about it and move on, don't you think?

Have a look at what Mattia told Vettel after the race and all of us fans should learn from this. If you support Ferrari the car won't drive itself to victory, if you support a particular driver he won't run to a victory without a good car. It's all a team's work.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1112406554106650625

P.S.

I was watching a vlog with Nico and Toto last week where Toto mentioned how important it is for his drivers to have a mental coach (look at Bottas this year) He even has one himself. Maybe it's time for Ferrari to get a good one for Vettel? It's nothing to be ashamed of, the man is fast but extremely fragile emotionally.

I don't like that moment too but it's best to laugh about it and move on, don't you think?

Have a look at what Mattia told Vettel after the race and all of us fans should learn from this. If you support Ferrari the car won't drive itself to victory, if you support a particular driver he won't run to a victory without a good car. It's all a team's work.

[video]https://twitter.com/i/status/1112406554106650625[/url]

P.S.

I was watching a vlog with Nico and Toto last week where Toto mentioned how important it is for his drivers to have a mental coach (look at Bottas this year) He even has one himself. Maybe it's time for Ferrari to get a good one for Vettel? It's nothing to be ashamed of, the man is fast but extremely fragile emotionally.
    What a post, just wow. I surely agree, in this hard times they/we have to stay together, and that will makes us all stronger. What Mattia has done is really impressive, Seb really needs a mental coach, would make him a lot stronger and less fragile.

Last year Vettel had a tendency of making huge mistakes in a 2 race-span. This year, Melbourne-tick, Sakhir-mistake. Guess he's gonna have a good race in China then watch out for Baku!

Don't get me wrong, I love Sebastian. His personality is just what embodies the real essence of a good person for me. Humble, kind, generous, smart, family-centered, a true gentleman.
    (No primadonna lifestyle like some of the other drivers. Yeah, looking at you Lewis..) But his racing abilities are just not at the level of a Ferrari driver as of late.
    For the last 2 years (including this one) he's showcasing that he's missing that little extra that's needed to beat a possible Hall of Fame driver (Hamilton) 1-on-1.
    I think deep down he now realizes that Hamilton is the better driver and the mistakes are showing us that he is struggling to accept it.
    He wants more of himself which he is not able to do. What he needs to do though (at least in my opinion) is to accept the fact that Hamilton is better and focus all energy on upcoming opportunities like Rosberg did in 2016. He was able to accept that Lewis was better than him, yet (with a bit of luck which you always need when going against the best) he managed to beat him.
    Vettel is a bit better than Nico, so the example is set. But first he needs to buy into it. With or without a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Last year Vettel had a tendency of making huge mistakes in a 2 race-span. This year, Melbourne-tick, Sakhir-mistake. Guess he's gonna have a good race in China then watch out for Baku!

Don't get me wrong, I love Sebastian. His personality is just what embodies the real essence of a good person for me. Humble, kind, generous, smart, family-centered, a true gentleman.
    (No primadonna lifestyle like some of the other drivers. Yeah, looking at you Lewis..) But his racing abilities are just not at the level of a Ferrari driver as of late.
    For the last 2 years (including this one) he's showcasing that he's missing that little extra that's needed to beat a possible Hall of Fame driver (Hamilton) 1-on-1.
    I think deep down he now realizes that Hamilton is the better driver and the mistakes are showing us that he is struggling to accept it.
    He wants more of himself which he is not able to do. What he needs to do though (at least in my opinion) is to accept the fact that Hamilton is better and focus all energy on upcoming opportunities like Rosberg did in 2016. He was able to accept that Lewis was better than him, yet (with a bit of luck which you always need when going against the best) he managed to beat him.
    Vettel is a bit better than Nico, so the example is set. But first he needs to buy into it. With or without a coach.
    I clearly remember in the Schumacher era the commentators of the time saying that when drivers have children they become a second slower. What's the difference between multiple WDC winners Vettel and Lewis? yep... one is living the life, surfing in shark risk zones, sky diving, racing bikes, simply still taking risks while the other is a family man, keeping his personal life reserved etc. To be good above the rest you have to be a risk taker or young (like Max, Charles, Norris) where you still don't stop and think before you react. If Vettel keeps this up then maybe it is time to consider if this career is still worth his time. He's still quick as is Kimi for example (a father of 2 kids too) but not consistent or a risk taker as before.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Seb is not even in the tunnel so forget about light. After Australia, you were down and out, you change your opinion every single race. Relax. 2019 is Vettel's year. 3 wins and Vettel will be level with championship leader and it could very well happen in the next 3 races. Not sure about you but I won't be surprised if he bounces back and wins the next 3 races on the trot.
    What!?

Pretty sure I've been saying along that Australia wasn't the true reflection of SF90's pace and Leclerc will be more than a match for Vettel. I mean it's here in this very thread, all you have to do is go back a few pages.

And I really don't want any more "bounce" from Vettel tbh, enough bouncing from him thank you. I hope he calms down and keeps the car on track, no more barrier hugging or spinning or bouncing! He has already spun 4 times in the last 10 GP and for what I know, if Enzo Ferrari was still alive, he would've sacked Vettel already.

I clearly remember in the Schumacher era the commentators of the time saying that when drivers have children they become a second slower. What's the difference between multiple WDC winners Vettel and Lewis? yep... one is living the life, surfing in shark risk zones, sky diving, racing bikes, simply still taking risks while the other is a family man, keeping his personal life reserved etc. To be good above the rest you have to be a risk taker or young (like Max, Charles, Norris) where you still don't stop and think before you react. If Vettel keeps this up then maybe it is time to consider if this career is still worth his time. He's still quick as is Kimi for example (a father of 2 kids too) but not consistent or a risk taker as before.
    Good points raised here, Seb even looks a bit stressed out to be honest, I think that mentally he's already realised that there's a new order at the team and watching these young ex-GP2 drivers coming in and being competitive is making him feel very threatened. After Monza last year he was dejected and deflated, and the press as always are doing their level best to make him feel worse, I sincerely hope he can recover his former abilities even if it means some mental coaching from outside.

True that. I have always wondered why people find the pressure at Ferrari too difficult to handle. Last year's car was clearly a championship winner, but still SV and the Kimster couldn't bring it home. I wish we could have seen the Kimi of circa 2003-05 last year. But never saw that beast in his second stint at Ferrari. Don't know what happenned to SV. He is a nice guy and all that, but I have never seen a WC spin so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    I love Sebastian. His personality is just what embodies the real essence of a good person for me. Humble, kind, generous, smart, family-centered, a true gentleman.
    :

I think Seb may have something worrying him...........it could be personal.
    Whatever the problem is he needs help but I'm sure the team know that and are addressing it.

Forza Jules

What's worrying Seb is who will get the team orders to move over. He left his racing heart and #1 finger @ his last team. He came to Ferrari thinking Schumy Jr.

Since everyone hates VET I thought I would add a definition to lighten up the mood.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vettel

He's human guys if you want perfection you need ALO, HAM, Schumi or Senna.

Quote Originally Posted by ALO View Post
    Since everyone hates VET I thought I would add a definition to lighten up the mood.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vettel

He's human guys if you want perfection you need ALO, HAM, Schumi or Senna.
    Hate is a strong word! It's his results that Ferrari fans are not happy with . Seb himself is surely liked and Ferrari fans are wishing he have a good turn around as far as results behind the wheel. I do agree with your perfection list for sure!

I always believed Vettel is only good enough to be second driver!

Greg , did you change your mind about that? Rob??

well I don't trust an article that says 'Ferrari have not won a world title since 2007'.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    i hope so too, Time to bring back team orders and maybe there's an outside chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    well I don't trust an article that says 'Ferrari have not won a world title since 2007'.
    And after posting this kind of article, I wouldn't call that poster Ferrari fan.

According to Sky Italia Vettel is having some family issues in the recent weeks but they couldn’t be more precise for a matter of privacy. In this cases his head must be somewhere else.
    But will never stop rooting for him, no matter what, no matter the deluted hatters, who dont have a life. He will get better hopefuly soon.

Soon??

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    That's not gonna happen. LeClerc will play the support role for 2019.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    ???
    Give me the rest of the season.....then I'll eat crow.....till then...fair enough???
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I will be pretty long but will go down to the facts. Been following Seb from 2007 on. In his RBR years he didnt do as many mistakes, in 2010 just Spa come in mind, Turkey was 50-50. He had much better support at his RBR team (behind the scenes), thats why he was getting better and better. With driving a red bull, which achieved nothing, he was under much less pressure as when driving a Ferrari. In 2011 he was amazing the whole year, 2012 just one big mistake in Malaysia, 2013 was awesome. He was probably the best adapted driver to the V8 engine rules, after 2014 he was never the same again. I saw he got some magic back in 2015, but after seeing Mercedes very quick he lost his motivation in 2016, and was trying to overdrive the car. In 2017 his raw pace was back, was fighting for the title with the slower car, until the trio collided in Singapore 2017, again not totally his mistake in damp conditions. The critical timing was Hockenheim 2018, after that all went down for Sebastian, he is just not the old himself, hard to say that really. Once you lost the confidence and self-believe its very hard to get it back, you are much more mistake prone, will always be scared what will happen, when pushing to much at the "next corner". And believe me its a circle its hard to get out off. But when he will get out of it, it makes you much stronger as a person. As his big fan, I would say he should take a 1 year off this sport, and I would be sure he would be back much faster.

Yesterday he was quite solid, made a awesome start, then was struggling with the rear tyres, as was his problem also in 2014. Then had to comeback and passed Lewis, job done, made a good gap. Then they had a good fight, but made a critical mistake, but I still see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers.
    Vettel was always error prone, even in his RBR days. It's just that back then he had a dominant car and he could still win the championships even with all the mistakes he made.

Now the Mercedes and Ferrari cars are more even and the mistakes are proving to be very costly.

Why do I have bo bear, read all this anti-vettel threat posts, dont you guys have a life. He is a 4 time world champion, and has done something the 99% or even more of the population didnt do in terms of success. NOBODY IS PERFECT, WE ALL DO MISTAKES IN LIFE, YES EVEN YOU! And what have you done lately? Nothing but moaning. He is the best and will always be the best for me (I am a true fan, not these glory hunter fans who are jumping from a one train to the other every year), forever and ever, he will strike back in next races mark my words, and will win the WDC this year. He doesnt care about our comments, but have some respect! What I see here is quickly turning worse then the autosport forum (British anti-german driver forum), and its better now even there...

A big shame!

Then perhaps you should join a Vettel fan forum?

He's made too many errors recently, and some Ferrari fans are not happy about that. No driver is immune from criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    Then perhaps you should join a Vettel fan forum?

He's made too many errors recently, and some Ferrari fans are not happy about that. No driver is immune from criticism.
    Well he did, but thinking he cant recover his form, mojo is not fair, like I suspected in some of the posts today, like its the end of the world. I just dont like so called fans, who are just bashing other drivers. Let me tell you a example, even though I dont like Lewis in these years, I will never made a big critic about him, its just not me. Even in his bad years in 2011,2012 he was just doing his job, failure or not failure, we cant change the outcome. Criticism, bashing only brings negativity and a never ending circle, we need more of the positivity about everything, to make a world, or maybe a forum more readable and a better place.

In Ferrari and in our drivers we trust, never stop believing.

Why do I have bo bear, read all this anti-vettel threat posts, dont you guys have a life. He is a 4 time world champion, and has done something the 99% or even more of the population didnt do in terms of success. NOBODY IS PERFECT, WE ALL DO MISTAKES IN LIFE, YES EVEN YOU! And what have you done lately? Nothing but moaning. He is the best and will always be the best for me (I am a true fan, not these glory hunter fans who are jumping from a one train to the other every year), forever and ever, he will strike back in next races mark my words, and will win the WDC this year. He doesnt care about our comments, but have some respect! What I see here is quickly turning worse then the autosport forum (British anti-german driver forum), and its better now even there...

A big shame!
    Your argument is riddled with straw men and other logical fallacies, and reads like a "Leave Britney Alone!" rant. You don't have to "bear" anything. We all have as much of a life as you do. He is a four-time world champion, and he has not been driving like one. That is the problem. The tifosi expect better than sub-mediocrity, which is what we have been seeing for many races. No one expects perfection. It's ironic that you talk about glory hunters, but you, who told me I'm not a real Ferrari fan, would probably be the first to jump ship and join a Mercedes forum if he signed with them, while I would remain here. I hope you're right about him bouncing back, but he presents as broken. At least he takes responsibility for his many mistakes, though.

Disappointed Since 2010