Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 112223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1398

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

i think Rosberg still has contract obligations with Mercedes, however i see no point why Rosberg should not point out Vettels errors. it's like should he forget it just because they have same nationality.. or why actually should Rosberg not note that down that Vettel has lost it?
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Max winning poles ...
    Max doesn't need pole wins to beat Seb in his Ferrari, he leaves them for Lewis to keep on getting! Charles is Ferrari's only hope! Max has the record for podiums without pole starts. He also speaks German, maybe that's why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    i think Rosberg still has contract obligations with Mercedes, however i see no point why Rosberg should not point out Vettels errors. it's like should he forget it just because they have same nationality.. or why actually should Rosberg not note that down that Vettel has lost it?
    You say Vettel has lost it and many would agree with you, it is evident that something is getting to him and it appears worse as the lack of wholly positive results continues, but I am not prepared to accept others criticising him so forcefully when we all know he can still perform as well as the best if has a car in which he feels comfortable and confident. The Merc machine and Lewis are enough to drive any full-blooded tifoso to the bottle. And just because Rosberg beat Lewis to one WDC doesn't mean that he should dismiss others for trying to do the same thing and sadly not having the best car under them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Max doesn't need pole wins to beat Seb in his Ferrari, he leaves them for Lewis to keep on getting! Charles is Ferrari's only hope! Max has the record for podiums without pole starts. He also speaks German, maybe that's why ?
    First max needs to get on with Vet’s poles.
    Then will see Ham case.

First max needs to get on with Vet’s poles.
    Then will see Ham case.
    How many points for the team for a pole ? If there were points; Merc would be up a million points! Vettles poles are a great help so far. Charles to the rescue !!

Brembo & nani, pls stop it. It’s getting irritating now

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    You say Vettel has lost it and many would agree with you, it is evident that something is getting to him and it appears worse as the lack of wholly positive results continues, but I am not prepared to accept others criticising him so forcefully when we all know he can still perform as well as the best if has a car in which he feels comfortable and confident. The Merc machine and Lewis are enough to drive any full-blooded tifoso to the bottle. And just because Rosberg beat Lewis to one WDC doesn't mean that he should dismiss others for trying to do the same thing and sadly not having the best car under them.
    to be honest, i do not know that Vettel can still perform, since all this started way back last year and Merc didn't dominate then. so when you state something like - "we all know" please show how you can back up that statement. all i know is that Vettel performed when he didn't have any competition.

if you are not prepared to accept that people can and will critize Vettel because he clearly lost it already last year, then it's probably your problem and you shouldn't whine that someone says something that is more than obvious. not everyone must pity Vettel because oh dear boy cannot win and now he cries. you make it sound like everyone should pet him because he can't get a grip anymore, while 90% grid just deals with it. 4x WDC should be mentally more stable. btw it's not only Rosberg who critizes Vettel.

I'm not saying that Vettel doesn't deserve some criticism because since mid-2018 he has dropped the ball big time for whatever reasons, and I think there are many. It's also fair game for his critics to say he's past it and can't handle pressure, and I agree that recent seasons have shown him to be vulnerable in those situations, but I am sick of reading the constant bashing he receives from all and sundry when all he is trying to do is to take the fight to his competitors in a less stable car. I am convinced that he does have the ability to perform at top level but he does need the right car underneath him on every circuit, much like HAM has had for the past 5 years.

I'm not saying that Vettel doesn't deserve some criticism because since mid-2018 he has dropped the ball big time for whatever reasons, and I think there are many. It's also fair game for his critics to say he's past it and can't handle pressure, and I agree that recent seasons have shown him to be vulnerable in those situations, but I am sick of reading the constant bashing he receives from all and sundry when all he is trying to do is to take the fight to his competitors in a less stable car. I am convinced that he does have the ability to perform at top level but he does need the right car underneath him on every circuit, much like HAM has had for the past 5 years.
    so what you're saying is that people should censor their thoughts just because he is trying and doesn't have equal machinery to Hamilton and you are tired of this? may i remind you - only Hamilton and Bottas have Merc to drive. everyone gets their fair share criticism, if they do bad, i don't see reason why someone should spare Vettel because you don't like it or that they share the same nationality. i see you criticising Rosberg because he doesn't share your thoughts. and let's be honest - he has more insight than you do

so what you're saying is that people should censor their thoughts just because he is trying and doesn't have equal machinery to Hamilton and you are tired of this? may i remind you - only Hamilton and Bottas have Merc to drive. everyone gets their fair share criticism, if they do bad, i don't see reason why someone should spare Vettel because you don't like it or that they share the same nationality. i see you criticising Rosberg because he doesn't share your thoughts. and let's be honest - he has more insight than you do
    Katu, you are obviously one of those people who can't allow for different opinions and I grant you that Rosberg has more insight than I do, but the heart of the matter for me is that I support our drivers even when they are not managing to perform in the way that we'd like and I am prepared to make allowances for that up to a point. I was certainly not a Seb fan before he came to Ferrari but he has never given up and desperately tries to win for us, perhaps sometimes too desperately. I know there is a limit to what we will accept and I won't defend him if he's clearly made an error, that is my view on it and I quite understand those who see it in a less forgiving light, so let's leave it there. I don't like Rosberg in the same way that you appear not to like Seb, and nationality doesn't come into it.

Katu, you are obviously one of those people who can't allow for different opinions and I grant you that Rosberg has more insight than I do, but the heart of the matter for me is that I support our drivers even when they are not managing to perform in the way that we'd like and I am prepared to make allowances for that up to a point. I was certainly not a Seb fan before he came to Ferrari but he has never given up and desperately tries to win for us, perhaps sometimes too desperately. I know there is a limit to what we will accept and I won't defend him if he's clearly made an error, that is my view on it and I quite understand those who see it in a less forgiving light, so let's leave it there. I don't like Rosberg in the same way that you appear not to like Seb, and nationality doesn't come into it.
    don't try to spin this one on me. your own words few pages back, you can't play that nationality card anymore, honey
    I find Rosberg incredibly irritating, and just makes Sky coverage even more of a Merc and HAM appreciation society, enough please, he can't even show any support for a fellow-German in red.
    you are saying that Rosberg should not say anything bad about Vettel, because they both are germans. however you point out that he is not favouring him, because he is driving in Ferrari. if you have ever read/heard more Rosberg's comments, you'll probably find out he share fair share of critizism towards Hamilton as well. i'm not Rosberg's fan, but you clearly go and point a finger (haha, like fingerboy Vettel) at him for not saying anything good, where there isn't an thing good to say about a fellow german.
    and now you say that you don't like Rosberg, therefore his views are wrong?

don't try to spin this one on me. your own words few pages back, you can't play that nationality card anymore, honey

you are saying that Rosberg should not say anything bad about Vettel, because they both are germans. however you point out that he is not favouring him, because he is driving in Ferrari. if you have ever read/heard more Rosberg's comments, you'll probably find out he share fair share of critizism towards Hamilton as well. i'm not Rosberg's fan, but you clearly go and point a finger (haha, like fingerboy Vettel) at him for not saying anything good, where there isn't an thing good to say about a fellow german.
    and now you say that you don't like Rosberg, therefore his views are wrong?
    Come on Katu, this is getting silly now....the mention of nationality was really said tongue-in-cheek by me, it's not something I find important enough to make an issue out of. I would just like Rosberg to be a little less damning of Seb when he was in a similar situation against Lewis and found it so hard to beat him, in the same (best) car. The fact that they are both German was an observation more than anything, I didn't say Rosberg's views were wrong either, and I would rather not hear him dissing another driver in that way. Enough on the subject so can we please put it to bed.

i think i am very good in getting jokes, this one was not one of them, you can try as hard as you want, i'm not buying. don't come and come on me. this tread would not exist, if there wasn't any reason for it and guess what - it was started from one of this forum members. did you not read my last comment - Rosberg is hard on Hamilton, too, he does not make exceptions for him as well, if he screws up. Vettel screwed up quali, he was behind RB and both McLarens and he did not say anything wrong. and he was not dissing him - he said he hoped Vettel had a good excuse, but he didn't. hardly dissing, just saying what everybody thought

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Rishu, when you see a post with my name; don't read it ! What I found irritating is the constant talking about upgrades, tires, down force, new parts not helping race after race. We fans already can say why Ferrari lost the next race! Ferrari was the greatest at one point. Now they can't get a car ok for their main man. There's also no need to over and over say how great Merc's car is and how Lewis doesn't deserve any credit for his driving, "It's the car ! " Pass up on my posts. I hope that helps. The best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Ok I adhere to your post

i think i am very good in getting jokes, this one was not one of them, you can try as hard as you want, i'm not buying. don't come and come on me. this tread would not exist, if there wasn't any reason for it and guess what - it was started from one of this forum members. did you not read my last comment - Rosberg is hard on Hamilton, too, he does not make exceptions for him as well, if he screws up. Vettel screwed up quali, he was behind RB and both McLarens and he did not say anything wrong. and he was not dissing him - he said he hoped Vettel had a good excuse, but he didn't. hardly dissing, just saying what everybody thought
    My final comment on this topic is that it isn't the first time Rosberg has laid into Vettel, and my comments about them being German were not a joke per se, but it would have been less irritating (to me) if he had shown more camaraderie as a fellow-German driver and understanding of the current pressure on Seb and Ferrari. Easy to dish out the criticism, however much it may be justified, when you're no longer in the firing line yourself. Now please can you drop this tack as you seem to be determined to cause an argument over a remark intended as a personal opinion, you can disagree all you like but I think our differing stances have been well and truly aired and should end forthwith.

The only thing going on with Vettel is that he's the best driver since Schumacher.

He performed miracles at Canada to put our car on pole. I was in tears as he crossed the line to take pole position. We performed miracles in 2017 and 2018 to give Hamilton, Mercedes and the FIA a title challenge. That wasn't meant to happen. But Vettel and our engineers gave them a good fight. If Vettel had driven the Mercedes the past two years then he'd have won 15 races. Probably more.

Let's not bicker. Vettel is great. Ferrari is great. It's the FIA and their Hamilton worship that is the problem.

Forza Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    The only thing going on with Vettel is that he's the best driver since Schumacher.

He performed miracles at Canada to put our car on pole. I was in tears as he crossed the line to take pole position. We performed miracles in 2017 and 2018 to give Hamilton, Mercedes and the FIA a title challenge. That wasn't meant to happen. But Vettel and our engineers gave them a good fight. If Vettel had driven the Mercedes the past two years then he'd have won 15 races. Probably more.

Let's not bicker. Vettel is great. Ferrari is great. It's the FIA and their Hamilton worship that is the problem.

Forza Ferrari.
    R u serious ???

R u serious ???
    Forgive my passion.

But all I have heard since 2015 is hate towards us and our lead driver. Everyone trying to make them turn against one another. Both have done an amazing job of fighting against the entire sport. The bias press have tried to brainwash everyone into thinking that our car was the best and Vettel threw it all away. It's just not true and it's unfair.

Vettel hurt his own reputation to join our team. He drove slower on purpose to get out of his Red Bull contract. He loves our team. Did Alonso love our team? No. Does Hamilton love his team? No. We should have Seb's back and defend him against the bias Hamilton fanboys and British press. He'll always have our back and do everything to win a cup for us. Let's concentrate on the real enemies. Not each other.

Next year will be our year. I can feel it in my blood.

Forza Ferrari.
    Not sure what F1 were you watching lately, but I will say only this: Seb was great until Baku 2017 when he decided to throw away the win by bumping into Hamilton like a moron. After that, he had some moments of greatness shadowed by plenty of unforced / amateurish mistakes that cost Ferrari at least 1 WDC / 1 WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Not sure what F1 were you watching lately, but I will say only this: Seb was great until Baku 2017 when he decided to throw away the win by bumping into Hamilton like a moron. After that, he had some moments of greatness shadowed by plenty of unforced / amateurish mistakes that cost Ferrari at least 1 WDC / 1 WCC.
    He did mistakes but not at the cost of WDC/WCC.

This thread time and time again brings to life the Alonso fan boys&girls and MiniMax lovers.

Worst thread on the forum. Disgusting at times.

Quote Originally Posted by arno View Post
    This thread time and time again brings to life the Alonso fan boys&girls and MiniMax lovers.

Worst thread on the forum. Disgusting at times.
    I love this tread between races and come summer break. Talking about , comparing , former & present F-1 drivers and races is great entertainment ,no need to change ones mind, but great to read how our fellow Ferrari fans look things F-1 past and present. Imagine never reading Shumy's name again because he's in the past! Alonso was and still very much is a great race driver where ever he goes. Fans hating Max because he's a real treat @21 is OK,so is wanting him @ Ferrari OK . Liking Charles over Seb is or vice versa is OK, they both wear red.

Max is in a R Bull Honda. It should be Seb in his Ferrari beating him. Struggling in the past is what made Lewis the driver he is now. And of course the right tyres. Sebs lack of struggling @ R Bull with his rocket ship is what's causing his mistakes and losses now with Ferrari in a not perfect for him car. Most of Seb's experience was from pole to 1st place wins. The car!
    Not really.
    What made Lewis what he is now ,is mainly the machine he is driving, and the machine he is driving is a product of collusion between FIA, Mercedes and Pirelli.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Not really.
    What made Lewis what he is now ,is mainly the machine he is driving, and the machine he is driving is a product of collusion between FIA, Mercedes and Pirelli.
    All very true as hard as it is to accept that Merc is the better team as far as putting the top car on the track. Ferrari had Charles with a sure win and the car not the driver failed to win. Who knew that was to be the closest to a win Ferrari would so far get?

This is what I am talking about. Why are we becoming divided. We all bleed red.

Vettel is part of our team. He's one of us. Why are some trying to blame him. He made a few mistakes trying to beat the most dominant car in F1 history, and a team that had Pirelli and the FIA in their back pocket. He still stole many wins for us against a better car. We can't do any better than him. We can only do worse.

Don't let the British Press and Hamilton's fanboys win. Let's stay united and support our great team.

Vettel is part of our team. He's one of us. Why are some trying to blame him. He made a few mistakes trying to beat the most dominant car in F1 history, and a team that had Pirelli and the FIA in their back pocket. He still stole many wins for us against a better car. We can't do any better than him. We can only do worse.

Don't let the British Press and Hamilton's fanboys win. Let's stay united and support our great team.
    I like your attitude!

Disappointed Since 2010

All very true as hard as it is to accept that Merc is the better team as far as putting the top car on the track. Ferrari had Charles with a sure win and the car not the driver failed to win. Who knew that was to be the closest to a win Ferrari would so far get?
    If all I say is true, then the rest you say make no sense. Please stay away from the booze.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Amen to that, and so what if we are biased in favour of our team and drivers!

Dead Eyes: You have a bright view!

Forza Scuderia and, in alphabetical order, Forza Charles and Seb!