Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 142526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1398

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Charles should have won two races this season but lost them through reliability and tyres, Seb has won one race but had it taken away, and reliability again spoilt his Q3 appearance in Austria, so it's not all his fault. Get behind BOTH of our drivers, Brembo, Max isn't one of them just yet and probably never will be.
    I couldn't agree more wisepie it makes me so sad that we should have 3 race wins under our belt. I could cry for our drivers.
    As for Brembo I think he has a love affair with Max. My predication is if charles was let loose against max in equal machinery I wouldn't like to bet on the winner. I think charles is the most complete driver of the two. Too much hype around max and a car built exclusively for him for my taste. Poor Pierre
    not doing so well this year I wonder why????

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I couldn't agree more wisepie it makes me so sad that we should have 3 race wins under our belt. I could cry for our drivers.
    As for Brembo I think he has a love affair with Max. My predication is if charles was let loose against max in equal machinery I wouldn't like to bet on the winner. I think charles is the most complete driver of the two. Too much hype around max and a car built exclusively for him for my taste. Poor Pierre
    not doing so well this year I wonder why????
    I'm 100% for Charles over R Bull's Max. But when the race is over it's not anti Ferrari to acknowledge the winner and any other driver who moved up from behind etc. When a team builds a car exclusively for a driver , they must really have faith in him. Every Ferrari car at the time was built just to and exactly Michael's standards , even the T car was set up just for him ! The results were great ! R Bull now sees a winner. Again I'm or Charles #1, it's gonna happen !!

I think Seb is truly hurt by Charlies passing, just look at the man

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...vPBg78CQf.html

Quote Originally Posted by Decoded View Post
    I think Seb is truly hurt by Charlies passing, just look at the man

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...vPBg78CQf.html
    I feel that Seb is a changed man since his failure to take a championship with Ferrari, he is now the father of two daughters and I do believe that despite his overwhelming desire to win in red, his mental and emotional state perhaps has bigger priorities than trying to fight a losing battle against Mercedes, Hamilton, Max and now Charles. He is an old school racer and currently whatever he tries to do seems to result in criticism from all quarters. He needs some love, and a win!

Mistake again!!
    This is ridiculous...

I am supporting ferrari from my childhood, new to forum but somehow i feel seb is losing it which is sad :( , But the car is not good either bringing a new driver and shaking driver line up wont be much help.

Seb isnt losing anything. Give him something to work with and a sniff of the cup. He'll shine brightest then.

Seb's time at Ferrari is over. At the age of 32, it will no longer be better. And Charles is getting better with every race.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    Seb isnt losing anything. Give him something to work with and a sniff of the cup. He'll shine brightest then.
    Yeah he's a legend already. Doesn't matter what he does now, his *crashing* legacy will live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    How much time does a 4th time world champion with a 40 million salary needs to recover?, 2 years?.

Seb peaked quite early in his F1 career, which is unfortunate for us.

And Seb knows that in all the history of F1, only one driver won another title after a 7 year gap, which was Lauda in 1984. The chances of replicating that are remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    And Seb knows that in all the history of F1, only one driver won another title after a 7 year gap, which was Lauda in 1984. The chances of replicating that are remote.
    i can be possible if Ferrari will build a BEAST for 2020....then i woke up and realized it was only a DREAM......LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Italy loses faith in ‘disastrous’ Vettel

The Italian press has lost faith in Ferrari’s current number 1 driver, Sebastian Vettel.

Charles Leclerc battled for victory in Austria and raced spectacularly at Silverstone, while his teammate Vettel was outqualified and then slammed into Max Verstappen in the race.

“Ferrari has a new leader,” said the authoritative La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Leclerc is combative and energetic and has finally captured the heart of the Ferrari fans,” it added, describing Vettel as “again disastrous” last Sunday.

“Vettel has shown that he is not the driver that Ferrari wants. It is now clear that something is no longer working.”

Corriere della Sera declared: “Vettel loses his head once again, while the youngster Leclerc is gaining all the time in prestige.”

La Repubblica added: “For a long time, Vettel has no longer looked like a four time world champion, while the little prince Leclerc was driver of the day.”

And La Stampa said: “Maranello, we have a problem.

“Almost like an older brother, Binotto defends Vettel but the driver’s crisis seems to be endless.”

Former F1 driver David Coulthard said Vettel’s current problems remind him of the final days of Michael Schumacher’s career.

“At the end of his career, Michael Schumacher also started hitting other cars and eventually he realised that he was the common denominator,” he is quoted by German media.

https://grandpx.news/italy-loses-fai...strous-vettel/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Unfortunately Vettel Has lost it. In his rbr days he could rely on having the best car, but I think the car was even better then the results show. Hamilton and Alonso just did an amazing Job and Webber was even worse.

Ferrari had the car to win the titles in 2018, even 2017, but Vettel and Ferrari blew it. He is still one of the top guys, but Alonso, Max, Hamilton are simply much better. Even Leclerc is now reguarly showing he is better then Vettel.

His latest crash is just another showcase that Vettel should retire. Would be an end of an era though, he has given us mighty fine races as well.

the updates to the front have supposidly made the back end loose, something Charles can drive with but Vettel can't

Vettel struggling with Rear end of the car.
    Lec is setting up his car nicely, also the updates that ferrari got on their car were working to his style of driving.

I've liked Vettel since he joined Ferrari, but enough with the excuses on his behalf. A driver of his supposed caliber should be able to adapt to the car and extract the most from it. Imagine someone saying that a teacher did poorly because the students weren't a good match, or a cop did poorly because the criminal wasn't a good match.

And another thing: What does any of this have to do with him plowing into the back of Verstappen?
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 16th July 2019 at 13:36.

Disappointed Since 2010

There is no conclusive proof of Vettel's supposed struggle with SF90's characteristic, I've only heard Ted Kravitz mentions it. But It was more of wishful thinking, an attempt to explain Vettel's recent horrible qualifying efforts, not actual fact.

Also Vettel isn't invincible, far from it infact. Charles is more than capable of beating Vettel.

I've said it before and I will say it again, I've never considered Vettel to be one of the best in F1, even when he was at Red Bull and winning races and championships left and right. I don't have the best opinion about Vettel and I was always convinced that the Red Bull years flattered him massively. Vettel is a perfect example of the fact that having a lot of luck in life and making the right decision can be achieved very much without the skills required for this.

And speaking of mistakes, Vettel has always been error prone. Last year was a mess, and I saw few obnoxious Vettel fanboy here blamed Ferrari's management. But the thing is, the fact that the management didnt tried everything to benefit him towards Raikkonen in every single situation is no excuse. Vettel did those mistakes even when Raikkonen was out of the picture. Besides, if you think that not having preferable treatment is a excuse for his impatience, or you admit that this is his weakness, then it's a pretty severe weakness.

Getting rid of Raikkonen and giving Leclerc the drive is one of best decision Ferrari's upper management have ever made. Leclerc is Ferrari's future and should be the number 1 driver. Also Ferrari shouldn't be wasting 40-50 millions/year for Vettel, he's simply not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    There is no conclusive proof of Vettel's supposed struggle with SF90's characteristic, I've only heard Ted Kravitz mentions it. But It was more of wishful thinking, an attempt to explain Vettel's recent horrible qualifying efforts, not actual fact.

Also Vettel isn't invincible, far from it infact. Charles is more than capable of beating Vettel.

I've said it before and I will say it again, I've never considered Vettel to be one of the best in F1, even when he was at Red Bull and winning races and championships left and right. I don't have the best opinion about Vettel and I was always convinced that the Red Bull years flattered him massively. Vettel is a perfect example of the fact that having a lot of luck in life and making the right decision can be achieved very much without the skills required for this.

And speaking of mistakes, Vettel has always been error prone. Last year was a mess, and I saw few obnoxious Vettel fanboy here blamed Ferrari's management. But the thing is, the fact that the management didnt tried everything to benefit him towards Raikkonen in every single situation is no excuse. Vettel did those mistakes even when Raikkonen was out of the picture. Besides, if you think that not having preferable treatment is a excuse for his impatience, or you admit that this is his weakness, then it's a pretty severe weakness.

Getting rid of Raikkonen and giving Leclerc the drive is one of best decision Ferrari's upper management have ever made. Leclerc is Ferrari's future and should be the number 1 driver. Also Ferrari shouldn't be wasting 40-50 millions/year for Vettel, he's simply not worth it.
    Who would you replace him with though.

People say lewis or max, but not sure two alpha drivers in the same team work unless you have got a dominent car. Charles and Lewis/Max would be taking points of each other.

Do you get a old stable no2 or another young charger.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post

People say lewis or max, but not sure two alpha drivers in the same team work unless you have got a dominent car. Charles and Lewis/Max would be taking points of each other.

Someone who's quick enough but not going to bother Charles much. I'd say either Hulkenberg or Magnussen.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Someone who's quick enough but not going to bother Charles much. I'd say either Hulkenberg or Magnussen.
    I would not take Magnussen over Vettel. Hulkenberg, yes. Ferrari needs a clean number 2, and to fix the car.

Disappointed Since 2010

I wonder how Enzo Ferrari would have reacted to last year and this year's performance....

https://www.f1analisitecnica.com/201...di-vettel.html

Vettel struggling with rear-end of the car

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post

Either combo with two of those top three would get Ferrari a WCC . Two drivers fighting and taking points from each other means they are driving at there best! So regardless of who winds up WDC, all driver points go to WCC !!! A couple of fastest lap points thrown in!! Also not having either Lewis or Max fighting against Ferrari, but driving for Ferrari, that in itself could make the difference. To whom it may concern : If Ferrari fans could and did accept a 4x WDC . finger waving enemy on board with zero results to show. The same open mind should hold true for Lewis. And when he does break more records, why would fans not want to see a Ferrari driver doing it. Look at how it goes now, Both Bottas and Lewis racking up all the 1,2 wins and points. Charles and a top driver along side him could be doing the same. I'd like to see for real if it's true that any driver in Lewis" Merc will still win all these races. I don't believe it. No driver should be signed up for $50 million for the season; regardless of results. But that's f-1 . Taking away WDC, and WCC this season , the races are still great to watch . The podiums are still up for grabs! And there's at least 4 top drivers fighting it out!

Lewis Hamilton is no spring chicken either.The only thing that makes him a spring is the mercedes if Lewis was in a Ferrari I would bet he would also be in struggle town.The Ferrari of the past 5 years has certainly been a hand full and with Ferrari going down the wrong development path this year has only compounded the situation.The sf 90 must be driven to it's ragged edge to stay in touch Charles is not as car sensitive as seb this is the only difference. Give seb a balanced car with no issues week in week out and he will perform.Red bull provided seb with this the results are now etched in history.This is exactly what Ferrari are failing to do and provide.Ferrari fans you can not win on a consistent basis with a Billy cart where the only component that does not have issues is the Ferrari logo.

Hamilton complains about every little tick and knock his Mercedes makes. If he was sitting in the Ferrari, we would all need to be medicated to tolerate the incessant whining we would be subjected to. The worst we've had to listen to from Vettel was him asking the team why they were so slow in Australia, so at least he can't have that taken away from him.

Disappointed Since 2010

All that Lewis complaining about his car is letting the team boys know what to get right. They don't know what's really wrong as far as getting the car right unless the driver drives it in to them. Look at the results! The car wins on it's own , no need for a driver! At least that's how fans here see it. Seb instead of asking why they were so slow, he should do a Lewis on them and list everything he sees wrong and complain like hell during practices and off weeks until he himself can say the car is as he want's it. Charles is doing great in his ride.How can it be he's O K with the car but say for the tires, and Seb is in a bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    All that Lewis complaining about his car is letting the team boys know what to get right. They don't know what's really wrong as far as getting the car right unless the driver drives it in to them. Look at the results! The car wins on it's own , no need for a driver! At least that's how fans here see it. Seb instead of asking why they were so slow, he should do a Lewis on them and list everything he sees wrong and complain like hell during practices and off weeks until he himself can say the car is as he want's it. Charles is doing great in his ride.How can it be he's O K with the car but say for the tires, and Seb is in a bomb?
    My point is that he has thrown little hissy fits when things don’t go his way in a car that is bulletproof 99.9% of the time. He complains and it’s not constructive when the team has already told him there’s nothing wrong with the car and to just drive. If he was at Ferrari, a lot of things wouldn’t be going his way, and there would be a lot more complaining. I’m sure Vettel has offered plenty of feedback on the car.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    My point is that he has thrown little hissy fits when things don’t go his way in a car that is bulletproof 99.9% of the time. He complains and it’s not constructive when the team has already told him there’s nothing wrong with the car and to just drive. If he was at Ferrari, a lot of things wouldn’t be going his way, and there would be a lot more complaining. I’m sure Vettel has offered plenty of feedback on the car.
    All drivers have this attitude. Lewis has had more then enough failures to get jumpy when his car feels off. But then again, I dont like that moaning either.