Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1398

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari; the team also needs badly in the eyes of all F-1 to finish this season with some dignity. Last place last race hurts bad, both for the team and Seb. Telling Charles he's the next #1 driver is too late. Ferrari and the Ferrari fans need some dignity towards the team and where they finish. R Bull Honda is too damn close!!
    You're not wrong, for once.

Disappointed Since 2010

Does this mean that Brembo and Giallo550 are actually on friendly terms now? Don't mention the 'M' word and it could last!

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    With Mercedes?
    Yes, with Mercedes. Look at 2016, he might have cost himself a couple of points, but he had so many failures over that year that it cost him the title.

The car has been practically bulletproof since 2014 when he joined the team, so his criticism constructs nothing. Hamilton complaining when he has been provided with the Millennium Falcon is insulting to the mechanics and engineers. Just shut up and "get on with it, son," as Steve Matchettwould say.

To be fair, Matchett is a Ham (and MS but not Ferrari) fanboy who very rarely (if ever) used his over-used "shut up and get on with it, son" line toward Lewis. He is extremely biased about many things but tries his best to hide it, which bothers me more than Hobbs and some of the Sky guys who are also clearly biased, but don't twist themselves into pretzels trying to hide it. Matchett is also very overrated. Short career as a low level F1 mechanic, spending most of his time as a jack-man. Despite this he lies about many of his connections and frequent conversations with current key people in F1 (he reads the net and thinks higher-ups are talking to him lol). He also acts like he knows more about aero design then Newey lol. The kicker for me (out of many similar stupid things he's said) was back at a race in 2008 (I think) when he claimed an F1 car had so much downforce that it could drive upside down at 60mph. Simple mistake? No. He said the exact same think 50 minutes later!... He's an idiot.

Anyway, Hamilton complaining over the radio doesn't bother me. What bothers me is how often he voices concerns about how his car running/feeling when the actual opposite of what he claims is actually true. It makes him seem very dumb and totally out of touch with what is going on with his car. It is not something I can deal with when it comes to being a fan. He's just not as bright (or complete) as I feel a very top F1 driver should be. No doubt he has a lot of driving skills, though, which I admit have even improved aver the past few years of making fewer mistakes.

Anyway I'm going to go back to crying now, as yesterday I learned that Hamilton actually owns a [b]La Ferrari[/i]. Very sad news for me to learn. . .
    Last edited by F-e-r-r-nando; 21st July 2019 at 01:56. Reason: a few spelling mistakes above^ my smart/dumb tv won't let me edit/fix. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Does this mean that Brembo and Giallo550 are actually on friendly terms now? Don't mention the 'M' word and it could last!
    There's never a problem, just differences . New Yorkers are a strange bunch !

Even though I like Seb a lot but if he leaves F1 after this season plan B could be bring Kimi back again.
    That's how Italian Circus F1 site rumours. They say that one of the drivers must be world champion for sponsors contractual reasons.

https://www.circusf1.com/2019/07/f1-...-maranello.php
    Last edited by kaidu; 21st July 2019 at 11:53. Reason: adding link

Quote Originally Posted by kaidu View Post
    Even though I like Seb a lot but if he leaves F1 after this season plan B could be bring Kimi back again.
    That's how Italian Circus F1 site rumours. They say that one of the drivers must be world champion for sponsors contractual reasons.

Being at Alfa Romeo, he's still basically in a Ferrari B team and part of the organisation somewhat so it should be an easy switch.

Forza Ferrari

Pfff, well the grid is running out of world champions to stick in the car with Hamilton running away with practically everything. Rosberg retired, Vettel will retire, Jenson Button retired, and rumor is that Fernando Alonso isn't interested in a F1 seat, although he might be resorting to reverse psychology.

Anyway, I think I would take Raikkonen over Vettel, at this point...

Disappointed Since 2010

Brembo's alright. I have a lot more patience for our resident crank than the random trolls.

Disappointed Since 2010

Pfff, well the grid is running out of world champions to stick in the car with Hamilton running away with practically everything. Rosberg retired, Vettel will retire, Jenson Button retired, and rumor is that Fernando Alonso isn't interested in a F1 seat, although he might be resorting to reverse psychology.
    Anyway, I think I would take Raikkonen over Vettel, at this point...
    Gosh you are so right there. Not long ago we had loads of them.
    Maybe if they had given Charles a free hand at the beginning he would have been biting at Ham's heels.........maybe even unsettle him and who knows what could have been the outcome. I acknowledge I'm a bit of a dreamer or an optimist.

Brembo remember that the M word includes that dutch kid at RB as well as the team Ham drives for.

Forza Jules

Would love to see Kimi back, he would probably click better with Charles too. But he is only a temporary fix.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 21st July 2019 at 15:25.

Vettel is not leaving, he will stay another year to collect the check and try to salvage his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Gosh you are so right there. Not long ago we had loads of them.
    Maybe if they had given Charles a free hand at the beginning he would have been biting at Ham's heels.........maybe even unsettle him and who knows what could have been the outcome. I acknowledge I'm a bit of a dreamer or an optimist.

Brembo remember that the M word includes that dutch kid at RB as well as the team Ham drives for.
    The only M word relevant to Brembo is Max, I will give him credit for being consistent and Giallo550 obviously appreciates his NYC blend of humour and off-the-wall behaviour. they probably have similar thoughts about me and you, racingbradley, with our down-to-earth English reserve and warped sense of humour! You can tell this is not a GP weekend!

Giallo550 obviously appreciates his NYC blend of humour and off-the-wall behaviour.
    He mostly gets a pass because he lives 50 miles (80 km for you guys) south of me. I want to reiterate, Brembo does not represent the views and behavior of the fans in the United States, or even New York!

Disappointed Since 2010

The only M word relevant to Brembo is Max, I will give him credit for being consistent and Giallo550 obviously appreciates his NYC blend of humour and off-the-wall behaviour. they probably have similar thoughts about me and you, racingbradley, with our down-to-earth English reserve and warped sense of humour! You can tell this is not a GP weekend!
    You are so right Wisepie and we do get a bit bored when there is a F1 free weekend!!!
    I understand Brembo I think. He's a wind up merchant and don't you enjoy winding us all up Brembo??????

Remember Wisepie when Brembo "pretended " he had a love affair with Lewis and wanted him in red????? He had you and I bursting blood vessels!!!!!!

Brembo just keep supplying us with those lovely seafood recipes on race weekends.

Forza Jules

Just imagine my posts being over and over about tires, down force , fuel, tech. mistakes, two years until the car is competitive! Horror at it's worst! Once a race starts I only think about the drivers say 6th up to the front trying to pass each other for that win , or podium. All that other stuff should have been done, taken care of before quali. and the race. Counting their points after the show is also great ! F-1 is still great!

Just imagine my posts being over and over about tires, down force , fuel, tech. mistakes, two years until the car is competitive! Horror at it's worst!
    You just keep winding us all up Brembo. it adds a bit of fun to the site.
    Granted the technical stuff is what F1 is all about but we need light relief now and again!!!!! and the odd good recipe.

Forza Jules

He mostly gets a pass because he lives 50 miles (80 km for you guys) south of me. I want to reiterate, Brembo does not represent the views and behavior of the fans in the United States, or even New York!
    Brembo's views are most certainly his own, not necessarily shared by some of us and often more than just 'off the wall'! I'd like to try one of his culinary and alcoholic concoctions but I'm not sure it's worth crossing the pond for, although racingbradley would probably jump at the chance. I'd even suggest he is harmless, but I'm not entirely convinced! I believe this is a Sebastian thread, so back to the topic and with the heat developing in Europe, maybe Seb will have a change of fortune in Germany, he needs it and so do we.

I'd like to try one of his culinary and alcoholic concoctions but I'm not sure it's worth crossing the pond for, although racingbradley would probably jump at the chance. I'd even suggest he is harmless, but I'm not entirely convinced!
    We'll all meet up and go. Strength in numbers, after all.

Disappointed Since 2010

50 miles north of me ! That's not living in NYC. Are you sure your not in Canada? Anyway times have changed , it used to be all about Ayrton Senna the greatest driver, as far as F-1 in NY. But Ferrari was the favorite team . Enzo never died, he was quoted all the time. H P is all that counts ! Try beating 3 whole eggs . dip your ravioli's in there and then in whole wheat flower . Deep fry them in olive oil ! Then dip one by one as you eat them in red gravy with plenty of spice in the gravy. Salt , pepper , garlic, parsely, oregano. I'm a fanatic for Malbec Argentina. Go easy on the vino or you won't lnow who won the race !

50 miles north of me ! That's not living in NYC.
    Westchester, il mio bambino!

Try beating 3 whole eggs . dip your ravioli's in there and then in whole wheat flower . Deep fry them in olive oil ! Then dip one by one as you eat them in red gravy with plenty of spice in the gravy. Salt , pepper , garlic, parsely, oregano. I'm a fanatic for Malbec Argentina. Go easy on the vino or you won't lnow who won the race !
    I will do this, except I'll dip it in sauce. Gravy is for turkey.

Getting back on track: Let's get our first win this weekend!

Disappointed Since 2010

Cranberry sauce, apple sauce,. Olive oil with all the correct seasoning esp> aglio is salsa en bianca . So ,O K if you call tomato it sauce , no problema !Your a foreigner from "Westchester "!
    You need to visit little Italy , Arthur Ave.E 187th. St in the Bronx. If you ask for turkey with gravy in any restaurant esp. Dominic"s be sure your wearing a helmet!! Meanwhile , enjoy your stay in Germany next race on the T V ! Let it be Seb vs, Charles for the win . Forget Merc!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 23rd July 2019 at 04:46.

Funny how Seb has never won at the Hockenheimring.

Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Funny how Seb has never won at the Hockenheimring.

I hear that a driver is under more pressure when driving in their home race.
    I've also heard that some drivers crack under pressure more often than others.

Btw, anyone know anything about the website: scuderiafans.com ?
    Just noticed an article there suggesting Alonso might be coming back to Ferrari to replace Vettel. But no credible sources are given.
    Last edited by F-e-r-r-nando; 23rd July 2019 at 13:53. Reason: Added "btw" comment.

I meant specifically Hockenheim, as he did win at the Nürburgring.

Red Bull Manager Jonathan Wheatley

“He’s not such a tough guy like Michael Schumacher or Fernando Alonso, who were always able to perform. Sebastian is a driver who has to feel unconditional support. He had that with Red Bull. And he probably doesn’t have it at Ferrari.”
    Helmut Marko

“Sebastian would have to get a different environment, ie. change the team,” Marko told Auto Bild, “But I see no way for 2020. You make mistakes when you are no longer sure of your cause. That happens in the subconscious.”

My translation of Marko's c analogy which he seems right on the money with is, in Seb's sub conscious he's no longer sure of having any real cause to worry about his results, his pay is astronomical regardless of results. And he's looking at another year if he chooses with similar pay if not the same. His mistakes were still okay with the pay. I don't hold that against him or any other driver for that matter. He showed results @ R Bull and that did it for him.

If Max is not available for 2021, I'd say Vettel should be offered a contract extension for a pay similar to Leclerc will get for that season, pay equality and all that. Having a four-time champion perhaps declining into a quality #2 driver in the 2020's would still be a big deal for sponsors and overall, Vettel is a team player, doesn't blame the team and all that. I could also see him become part of the organisation after retirement, overall in his career he's gotten to where he is through a lot of hard work rather than supernatural talent and therefore I think he's a very good asset to the operational part of the team. Having said that, if Max wants to come and drive with Leclerc - that needs to happen.

What I'm against though, is booting a 4x WDC for someone who hasn't won anything and lacks experience and name recognition, declining the team's sponsorship value. Given what Charles is showing right now, I could be perfectly content with another five years of him and Vettel as our drivers, provided their statuses in the team reflect the actual speed of the two and Charles being treated rather favourably from a strategy standpoint and team focus. If there's one thing that Ferrari should remain famous for, is that we don't swap drivers left, right and centre every year. To be honest, does anyone seriously think Bottas or Gasly are better than Vettel for example? Who would be a better number two driver going into the 2020's and potentially being able to even fight for a title in the right car? Name anyone? Ricciardo got blown away by Verstappen and seems like a risky choice regardless. The other experienced alternatives would be just laughable at the present time.

That being said, should Max be unavailable and Vettel decide to retire, then we should probably look to bring Lando Norris in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Red Bull Manager Jonathan Wheatley

Helmut Marko
    Many a times I’ve said. Schumi & alonso are different league of their own.
    Vettel, Ham not in that league.
    When given rocket-ship above drivers perform. If any car set-up handling issues, these drivers sensitive to those changes can’t handle the same performance.