Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 172829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1398

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Many a times I’ve said. Schumi & alonso are different league of their own.
    Vettel, Ham not in that league.
    When given rocket-ship above drivers perform. If any car set-up handling issues, these drivers sensitive to those changes can’t handle the same performance.
    I haven’t seen a driver on level of MS & Alonso in last 2 decades. Massa, the only driver who has worked with both said both are on same level. Personally I’d put MS marginally ahead purely on success he’s had and he didn’t chase winning cars like most drivers do

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I haven’t seen a driver on level of MS & Alonso in last 2 decades. Massa, the only driver who has worked with both said both are on same level. Personally I’d put MS marginally ahead purely on success he’s had and he didn’t chase winning cars like most drivers do
    Same thoughts...!! No one did match on the level of MS & Alonso.
    Massa was absolutely right abt MS & Alonso.

In future I hope some one or Leclerc could replicate the same in ferrari.

Alonso is still a great driver Ferrari pit blunders cost him 2 WDC championships why in the he'll would you blame him from leaving .Ask your self has any thing changed at Ferrari since his departure.?This team harmony crap is not working and if any f1 believes in this theory then thing again.Ferrari allegedly have peace and harmony he'll even pianos playing in the back ground.So where are the results when the environment is so perfect.

Thank you Seb!

VET is nowhere near past it! Bleat all you like about how LEC is the future, blah, blah, blah! He's outstanding, a megastar of the future but today he messed up, threw away a possible win or - at worst - a podium, while VET drove a 4 x WDC's race..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Thank you Seb!

VET is nowhere near past it! Bleat all you like about how LEC is the future, blah, blah, blah! He's outstanding, a megastar of the future but today he messed up, threw away a possible win or - at worst - a podium, while VET drove a 4 x WDC's race..
    So pleased to see him take P2 after a shocking time and so much criticism this year, Charles was doing fine until they put him on the softs and bingo, he was in the wall. So yes, experience told today and let's hope it's the start of a reinvigorated Sebastian.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    So pleased to see him take P2 after a shocking time and so much criticism this year, Charles was doing fine until they put him on the softs and bingo, he was in the wall. So yes, experience told today and let's hope it's the start of a reinvigorated Sebastian.
    It’s the right choice to put him on softs. Last sector was tricky. Few drivers got lucky not to bin, unfortunately it’s not Leclerc.

It’s the right choice to put him on softs. Last sector was tricky. Few drivers got lucky not to bin, unfortunately it’s not Leclerc.
    It was a gamble anyway, and Charles was very unlucky as he didn't appear to be pushing it too hard, he was in good company but unfortunately he lost out with a DNF. It was a relief to see Seb back on form and to get P2 was unexpected bonus after the quali disasters.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It was a gamble anyway, and Charles was very unlucky as he didn't appear to be pushing it too hard, he was in good company but unfortunately he lost out with a DNF. It was a relief to see Seb back on form and to get P2 was unexpected bonus after the quali disasters.
    But still this was the race where we are expected to win. I would say on one side happy for vettel & other end disappointed with ferrari.
    Hope Hungary (power circuit) we should be good. But RB on a roll now they have easily passed ferrari now.
    Next S.P.A. & Monza we should be fast.

Also on the same note, vettel is on the verge of a penalty considering his components allocation. At some point they will take that.

Seeing Seb sooo happy made me just as happy. No Merc on the podium!! Ferrari fans must take note, it's still 2019, no more talk about waiting until 2021 to see some great things happen for the team!! Shame on any Ferrari fan who slept through the race!

great drive by Seb yesterday, what I don't get is why can't he do this more consistently? Not much point having one good drive followed by 3 poor ones

Is it me or is Seb really performing well when starting out of the top 10? In RB it used to be the opposite. He performed bad when he didn't start on the front grid back in the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Is it me or is Seb really performing well when starting out of the top 10? In RB it used to be the opposite. He performed bad when he didn't start on the front grid back in the days.
    Its you.
    Seb started performing when the track started to dry out and he saw hamilton and bottas both binning their cars.
    If the race had 2 more laps, he most prbly would have gotten max too.
    Seems like he only goes for it if he can sense/see a possibility of victory. Shows an inability to strategise and play the long game. Something both MS and FA did very well.
    Silently, like a shadow

Not sure how you can say he cant play the long game when he went from last to 2nd.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Its you.
    Seb started performing when the track started to dry out and he saw hamilton and bottas both binning their cars.
    Seems like he only goes for it if he can sense/see a possibility of victory. Shows an inability to strategise and play the long game. Something both MS and FA did very well.
    Pretty much wrong statement.

To me it seems like he can play the long game but can't play the short game if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    To me it seems like he can play the long game but can't play the short game if that makes sense.
    like he did last year numerous time when he qualified 3rd or 4th and tried to win the race in lap ONE...did that a bunch of times and also sometimes he just outdrives the car and that way he;s prone to make more mistakes....if that makes sense??
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    like he did last year numerous time when he qualified 3rd or 4th and tried to win the race in lap ONE...did that a bunch of times and also sometimes he just outdrives the car and that way he;s prone to make more mistakes....if that makes sense??
    In one line, when on wheel to wheel racing he gets too tentative & wants to make it count.
    To me he’s a a good racer with old school book. When it comes to ham, he’s clever in when to make it count.
    That’s the small difference between ham & vettel.

Its you.
    I disagree. Indeed Seb's pace in the rain was pretty much nowhere(Kimi in the Alfa was just better than him, at least until he slipped in the same place where Leclerc binned it), but not because he wasn't performing, he was just driving overcautious due to all his recent blunders and most likely he wanted to redeem himself here. So he just kept it in on track and didn't put a foot wrong. Once the track was dry the Ferrari became easily the fastest car on track and he started to easily pick them one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I disagree. Indeed Seb's pace in the rain was pretty much nowhere(Kimi in the Alfa was just better than him, at least until he slipped in the same place where Leclerc binned it), but not because he wasn't performing, he was just driving overcautious due to all his recent blunders and most likely he wanted to redeem himself here. So he just kept it in on track and didn't put a foot wrong. Once the track was dry the Ferrari became easily the fastest car on track and he started to easily pick them one by one.
    Initially he had turbo issues, which was from his radio messages too. But later it was controlled by the team (some settings)
    Later he was facing tyres overheating issues. Yes he couldn’t pass kimi Alfa but he was cautious. That paid him good result in the end. Else he would have binned it or moved ahead earlier.

For me yest ferrari got pretty much right in strategy calls except that pit stop delays.

https://formulaspy.com/f1/sebastian-...ill-come-63441

This is the difference between Ham & Vettel.

Win or loose it’s with the team. Unless other who blames the pit wall or strategy guys & the team.

https://formulaspy.com/f1/sebastian-...ill-come-63441

This is the difference between Ham & Vettel.

Win or loose it’s with the team. Unless other who blames the pit wall or strategy guys & the team.
    That's one thing no one can take away from Vettel. He has been very team-oriented.

Disappointed Since 2010

isnt this what i said? or the gist of it in any case.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not sure how you can say he cant play the long game when he went from last to 2nd.
    20th to 2nd in a race of attrition. I wouldn't read too much into that. More opportunistic than anything else. Commendable effort nonetheless, but in general, comes across as an impatient driver.
    Silently, like a shadow

...he was just driving overcautious due to all his recent blunders and most likely he wanted to redeem himself here. So he just kept it in on track and didn't put a foot wrong.
    Yeah how dare he, right?

isnt this what i said? or the gist of it in any case.
    I disagreed with the "Shows an inability to strategise and play the long game" statement. Indeed in general the statement is true(he's an impatient driver trying to get the job done in the first few corners of lap 1), but in this race he was quite the opposite: he cruised and collected when the time was right.

Both Ferrari car and driver held out !! There's still 1/2 a season to enjoy .

Vettel: If someone is faster than me, it annoys me tremendously. It does not make me happy, of course. After that, I always try to understand why that was the case & work out how to avoid it on the next occasion. I have to accept when Charles is sometimes better .
    I do not follow that often and intensively what people say and write. For me it is important that I am always honest. I try to use the criticism to become even better. Every sportsman has to follow that way and try to get better even after many years.
    I think there is a rule: you are never as good as people try to prove, and you are never as bad as people try to show. When I do not perform as expected, I try to be honest to myself as well .
    There are no options. The aim is to become successful with Ferrari. This is not my intention, but also the aim of the team.*
    Looking back at the five years, we are certainly in a better shape than we were five years ago. However, we move a bit backwards compared to last year which does not make us proud or happy, but we are working flat-out to win.
    Even if there is criticism towards me and in general because we are not there where we want to be, the team is very calm. Everything we can learn from this year, we can carry that over to the next season.*

Above two statements stands out. Irrespective of his performance, I really like his behaviour.

Vettel: If someone is faster than me, it annoys me tremendously. It does not make me happy, of course. After that, I always try to understand why that was the case & work out how to avoid it on the next occasion. I have to accept when Charles is sometimes better .
    I do not follow that often and intensively what people say and write. For me it is important that I am always honest. I try to use the criticism to become even better. Every sportsman has to follow that way and try to get better even after many years.
    I think there is a rule: you are never as good as people try to prove, and you are never as bad as people try to show. When I do not perform as expected, I try to be honest to myself as well .
    There are no options. The aim is to become successful with Ferrari. This is not my intention, but also the aim of the team.*
    Looking back at the five years, we are certainly in a better shape than we were five years ago. However, we move a bit backwards compared to last year which does not make us proud or happy, but we are working flat-out to win.
    Even if there is criticism towards me and in general because we are not there where we want to be, the team is very calm. Everything we can learn from this year, we can carry that over to the next season.*

Above two statements stands out. Irrespective of his performance, I really like his behaviour.
    Completely agree with you nani

So what Seb is saying in a nutshell:

we must stay calm, heads down, feet on the ground, keep working, be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    That's one thing no one can take away from Vettel. He has been very team-oriented.
    Very true. Millions of reasons to be team oriented , you don't " bite the hand that feeds you ! " Meanwhile over @ Merc it's the team that has to go easy on Lewis, look what he's done so far with the car he complains about. WDC, WCC, makes it all worth while both for driver and the team as a whole. It ain't over yet, but there moving along pretty strong. Why would they rock the " Lewis Boat" now? Meanwhile it may very well be the turn around 1/2 for Seb , Charles, and Ferrari. A few 1, 2 position starts for Ferrari and let R Bull take car of Merc to keep them back.
    Last edited by Brembo; 1st August 2019 at 07:10.