Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 203132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1398

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

That is so wrong, I cannot understand that.

It does look like 100% Seb's fault from that angle evo-spook, but it still looks like an unlucky amount of damage for what was basically a kiss! Not much of that going on in the debrief, I'm sure. And our car seems very fragile, every time Lewis has an incident, he always seems to get away with it. Somrthing else to be looked at for 2020.

Sebastian Vettel is a Mecedece mole

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It does look like 100% Seb's fault from that angle evo-spook, but it still looks like an unlucky amount of damage for what was basically a kiss! Not much of that going on in the debrief, I'm sure. And our car seems very fragile, every time Lewis has an incident, he always seems to get away with it. Somrthing else to be looked at for 2020.

Once again Vettel has blown it for Ferrari! He should have let Leclerc go and have a run at Albon but instead with older tires tried to STOP Leclerc and in doing so ended both their races. No wonder NIkki Lauda and Toto were so happy when Ferrari took him in after Alonso left the team. They got their boy in and he's been doing their dirty work ever since then. If Ferrari can't see this then they deserve to have next season wasted just like the last 3. This year he was nowhere to be seen until Leclerc began winning races mid season and then he suddenly regained his form and stopped complaining about the car. He has performed well enough to stop the potential threat Leclerc had become and todays performance is an example of what is to come.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki View Post
    Once again Vettel has blown it for Ferrari! He should have let Leclerc go and have a run at Albon but instead with older tires tried to STOP Leclerc and in doing so ended both their races. No wonder NIkki Lauda and Toto were so happy when Ferrari took him in after Alonso left the team. They got their boy in and he's been doing their dirty work ever since then. If Ferrari can't see this then they deserve to have next season wasted just like the last 3. This year he was nowhere to be seen until Leclerc began winning races mid season and then he suddenly regained his form and stopped complaining about the car. He has performed well enough to stop the potential threat Leclerc had become and todays performance is an example of what is to come.
    The simplest solution is most likely the correct one.

The answer to "What is going on with Sebastian Vettel?" is that Sebastian Vettel, unfortunately, is not a top tier driver.

I was right when I said he was a paper champion five years ago. I thought I was wrong after seeing him drive for Ferrari and win some races in 2015 with a car that had no business winning, but he's way past his prime and was never that great to begin with. He is not Fernando Alonso or Lewis Hamilton. Hell, he can't even stack up to Charles Leclerc or Max Verstappen, and I'm suspecting that Lando Norris and George Russell have the potential to be better than him as well.

Bring back Alonso, Raikkonen, or even Massa for a season, as far as I'm concerned. I am not a Kimi fan, but I'm beginning to think that his racing intelligence is vastly superior to Vettel's even if he's not quite as fast. At least he won't be taking out his teammate.

Hell, what's Nico Rosberg or Jenson Button doing right now?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post

The answer to "What is going on with Sebastian Vettel?" is that Sebastian Vettel, unfortunately, is not a top tier driver.

I was right when I said he was a paper champion five years ago. I thought I was wrong after seeing him drive for Ferrari and win some races in 2015 with a car that had no business winning, but he's way past his prime and was never that great to begin with. He is not Fernando Alonso or Lewis Hamilton. Hell, he can't even stack up to Charles Leclerc or Max Verstappen, and I'm suspecting that Lando Norris and George Russell have the potential to be better than him as well.

Bring back Alonso, Raikkonen, or even Massa for a season, as far as I'm concerned. I am not a Kimi fan, but I'm beginning to think that his racing intelligence is vastly superior to Vettel's even if he's not quite as fast. At least he won't be taking out his teammate.

On paper we have a strong driver pairing. But rather than getting older drivers we need to get younger and hungrier drivers who want to win and more importantly groom them for the future. I would love to see Lando or Russell or even Giovinazzi in a Ferrari. Heck, even Perez or Sainz would do a better job!
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It may look like a "kiss" of sorts, but one cannot know what happened there at the time of impact.
    And at any rate, I just cannot understand what went thru his mind when he was trying to execute that maneuver. "Unlucky" moment? The problem is, as of late , whether we like it or not, this is not the first time, and it cost us WCC points and probably 3rd place for Charles.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

We don't need old people. If we are to replace him, bring on someone like Lando Norris, with great potential and who can team up with Charles.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    We don't need old people. If we are to replace him, bring on someone like Lando Norris, with great potential and who can team up with Charles.

Dunno if i'm with you on that statement. I'd prefer the Likes of Daniel Ricciardo. He's fast, and fiesty. I believe he'd give good feedback to the engineers. He still has so much to give imo.

Leclerc can only learn from him, if anything. Having 2 very young drivers is not the way to go, you def need a experienced guy, and who better than Dani ??

I personally wouldn't even consider the likes of Hulkenburg, Raikkonen, Alonso..........They've reached their sell by dates.
    Drive it like you stole it!

From Reddit:

Another of Vettel's textbook 'chop'. (apart from his random spins)

Vettel's ego can't handle him being overtaken by his faster teammate. He has done the same thing with Webber and Raikkonen, tried to the same with Dani Ric and now with Charles. Just kick him out, he can go back to Marko and Horner & play bumper car with Max there. No point in keeping this hugely expensive crash-test dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    This is a good proof for those who were saying ‘both are at fault’ Last frame shows Leclerc tried his best to avoid that maniac

He-CrashTel has been destroyed the whole team at areas.

From Reddit:

https://i.redd.it/sxqhw4995fz31.jpg

Vettel's ego can't handle him being overtaken by his faster teammate. He has done the same thing with Webber and Raikkonen, tried to the same with Dani Ric and now with Charles. Just kick him out, he can go back to Marko and Horner & play bumper car with Max there. No point in keeping this hugely expensive crash-test dummy.
    I totally agree....if I were Ferrari I would get rid of this overpaid crash test dummy and bring Danny Ric in a heart beat....him and Charles would be a much better drivers pair
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

From Reddit:

https://i.redd.it/sxqhw4995fz31.jpg

Seeing this modified picture just leaves me speechless for all those searching for excuses for Vettel by saying: Lec should have left him MORE SPACE ... ??? How many more space does Seb need to overtake?

After watching this yesterday it just dropped into my mind: with this stupidity Vettel lost the support of the Italian media completely and this is no way good for 2020.
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Seb is a total disgrace for the sport. The stewards should have banned him for at least 5 races. Just think - he could have caused serious injury even death to Charles, who knows with a collision at 200km/h?? This should have not go unpunished.

My driver suggestions were a bit hyperbolic, but I would easily take Alonso back for a season. No one is going to convince me that he can’t drive anymore.

Ricciardo and Sainz would both be fine additions. I don’t think Ferrari has enough data on Norris or Russell like they had on Leclerc.

Disappointed Since 2010

Imagine young Charles beating Alonso, I don't think Fernando would like that.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It may look like a "kiss" of sorts, but one cannot know what happened there at the time of impact.
    And at any rate, I just cannot understand what went thru his mind when he was trying to execute that maneuver. "Unlucky" moment? The problem is, as of late , whether we like it or not, this is not the first time, and it cost us WCC points and probably 3rd place for Charles.
    I didn't say 'unlucky moment', aroutis, what I said was that the damage sustained by what looked like a mere 'kiss' was unlucky, and without the punctures maybe they could have finished the race. The footage won't show the full extent of the actual force of the impact, of course, but it does make our suspension seem a bit fragile as was shown in Austin with Seb's car. I assume there's a directive about the strength of the suspension arms, unless it was just the puncture which caused Charles to lose his suspension and send sparks flying yesterday. All the same, the memory of this event will take a long time to heal, and Seb in my opinion was the one who caused it.
    Last edited by wisepie; 18th November 2019 at 16:56.

Ferrari management would no doubt have come to the conclusion that Vettel is now seriously counterproductive to the team. Either one of the Renault drivers would be a great replacement.

We need a clear no2 driver after Vettel is gone. Hulkenberg is good choice imo.

the problem you are all forgetting is that no matter how fast Charles is he is still young and relatively a rookie. Is it a good idea to put the weight of a WDC all on his shoulders next year? He might rise to it, but he might not. He is fast but is also still raw and Learning.
    2020 is a great chance for competing for the WDC it’s a big risk to put all your eggs in a Charles basket and put him against Lewis who though now aging is now very experienced and has learnt that the WDC is a marathon not a sprint and knows when to attack and when to settle.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    the problem you are all forgetting is that no matter how fast Charles is he is still young and relatively a rookie. Is it a good idea to put the weight of a WDC all on his shoulders next year? He might rise to it, but he might not. He is fast but is also still raw and Learning.
    2020 is a great chance for competing for the WDC it’s a big risk to put all your eggs in a Charles basket and put him against Lewis who though now aging is now very experienced and has learnt that the WDC is a marathon not a sprint and knows when to attack and when to settle.
    The weight of WDC is supposed to be on Charles' shoulders every race and is. Imagine him going out to race thinking he's not ready, not old enough, not experienced enough. Raw and learning is true . what makes him a #1 contender already, he knows where he's at. Imagine the confidence he gets knowing a 4x WDC can't out drive him . Look where sef confidence got Max! He's on top of his game big time. I would never want Charles starting a race thinking Louis is unbeatable why try. Look what went down last race, Max took louis out. If Seb didn't wreck Charles' race he probably would have been on the podium young and relatively a rookie as you call him.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    If Red Bull can make Verstappen their number one driver, Ferrari can make Leclerc theirs. Many here weren't sure Leclerc deserved the Ferrari seat, and some were ridiculed and called fan boys when they said Leclerc could have a go at Vettel. Well... Here we are.

Disappointed Since 2010

If Red Bull can make Verstappen their number one driver, Ferrari can make Leclerc theirs. Many here weren't sure Leclerc deserved the Ferrari seat, and some were ridiculed and called fan boys when they said Leclerc could have a go at Vettel. Well... Here we are.
    They can, this year he hasn’t really had the pressure of fighting for WDC, it was more against his team mate. It’ll be exciting to see him next year if they do put him in that position, it could go either way. But as max has shown sometimes you can try to much.

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    Seb is pushing to hard given the car he has.. He wants to win in the worst way and that is why he is making a few mistakes.
    Thats their job buddy. Besides, charles is driving the same car with fewer mistakes, and certainly not taking out the sister car because he cant go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    Given equal cars, Seb is probably the most consistent driver in F1, .... but unlike Hamilton, Seb's focus can 't be broken whereas Hamilton when pushed to the limit is prone to emotional outburst.Alonso, is super fast, but not consistent, lap after lap after lap and he is very emotional and can get very flustered unlike Seb.
    hahhahhahahahhaaha.. this is the funniest shyte ive heard all month. RIght now, there is no one more consistent than hamilton. As for Alonso, over a single lap both Seb and Hamilton will be faster than him, but he doesnt get flustered (which seb has shown multiple times that he does) and is relentless. Which is what makes him so great. GOsh, i dont know which F1 youve been watching.

Lets face it, Seb was an overrated driver to begin with. The RBR flattered him in every which way. Give him a not so fast car and he is all over the place. Ferrari will do well to put their eggs in the leclerc basket and let this guy go.
    Silently, like a shadow

If this is Vettel fault, who is that?!? https://streamable.com/693ej
    Same thing, but Norris is a smart guy. Not like Leclcerc.

Quote Originally Posted by ferras View Post
    If this is Vettel fault, who is that?!? https://streamable.com/693ej
    Same thing, but Norris is a smart guy. Not like Leclcerc.

Don't know what your point is!

Did Charles take Norris out , NO!..........Did he try and cause Norris to back off before the corner , YES! Did it come off for Charles, NO!!..................Did Vettel take out Charles ??.....YES HE DID!!!!

Did Hamilton take a chance ? YES!.......Did he take Albon out, YES!!!................Hamilton is a 6 time world champion bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Don't know what your point is!

Did Charles take Norris out , NO!..........Did he try and cause Norris to back off before the corner , YES! Did it come off for Charles, NO!!..................Did Vettel take out Charles ??.....YES HE DID!!!!

Did Hamilton take a chance ? YES!.......Did he take Albon out, YES!!!................Hamilton is a 6 time world champion bud!

The point is - don't blame Vettel for doing the same thing as Leclerc did for Norris.
    Last edited by ferras; 19th November 2019 at 08:45.

Quote Originally Posted by ferras View Post
    The point is - don't blame Vettel for doing the same thing as Leclerc did for Norris.

Like seriously ..............They're 2 MASSIVELY different situations dude!!!!...............* i give up

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Like seriously ..............They're 2 MASSIVELY different situations dude!!!!...............* i give up
    That was massively dangerous move by Charles on Norris and he needs to stamp it out.