Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192031 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Kvyat never really beat Ricciardo so its a moot point. He had better reliability and luck, that wasn't the case with Ricciardo and Vettel who just demolished him on outright performances. Ricciardo is one of, if not the strongest driver in F1 today. Him and Alonso would be my top two. So there is no real issue understanding why he beat Seb. Especially if you assume it was compounded for whatever reason.

Like I said, I'd put a known benchmark in the second seat next to Vettel. Kimi's form is to up and down.
    It might be a moot point for an australian but Kvyat DID beat Daniel and so did Vergne...

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    How about this,
    Kimi has been doing just great, is it possible this affects Vettel's performance ?
    Dont think so. I believe Maurizio still thinks Vettel is no1 and does everything he can so Vettel is happy, he is the future of Ferrari, or so they say while Kimi is at the latter part of his career
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 4th October 2016 at 11:21.

How about this,
    Kimi has been doing just great, is it possible this affects Vettel's performance ?
    Seb needs Todt and Brawn.

How about this,
    I don't think Kimi has all that many expectations. So he just does his best every race. While Vettel is aiming for results that simple aren't possible and its hurting his driving.

The way Italian press is exploding, I would be not surprised if Sebastian will be forced out from the team in December. Hatred of him on the internet is alive and doing well, apparently. BTW, I am his fan since his first race with BMW. It is that long.

I don't think Kimi has all that many expectations. So he just does his best every race. While Vettel is aiming for results that simple aren't possible and its hurting his driving.
    I tend to agree with you, and if I may add, Alison was known to prefer Kimi over Seb, and has done a lot in terms of design to support him. Problem is, Kimi and Seb aren't on the same page in terms of car design and setup. I do not wish to make this as an excuse for anything, but if one is searching for rational explanation, surely these are factors which have to be taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakae View Post
    The way Italian press is exploding, I would be not surprised if Sebastian will be forced out from the team in December. Hatred of him on the internet is alive and doing well, apparently. BTW, I am his fan since his first race with BMW. It is that long.
    That would be ridiculous. There are no better drivers available who want to go to Ferrari. Jesus I can't stand this sort of thing. This is what caused Alonso to leave ffs.

I just wish we didn't sign Seb for so much money. 50M is way to much. Ferrari should've settled for half of that.
    What's done is done, i just hope he will regain his form and tranquility in order to perform in stressful situations. Maybe that huge salary instead of motivation is adding to the stress.
    I agree that there is no one better though.
    Just for information, if we sack Vettel now, Ferrari will have to pay tons of money for reparations, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I just wish we didn't sign Seb for so much money. 50M is way to much. Ferrari should've settled for half of that.
    What's done is done, i just hope he will regain his form and tranquility in order to perform in stressful situations. Maybe that huge salary instead of motivation is adding to the stress.
    I agree that there is no one better though.
    Just for information, if we sack Vettel now, Ferrari will have to pay tons of money for reparations, right?
    You'd assume so. Who would they even get anyway? Grosjean,Perez? Hardly an upgrade.

Having said that the reports don't seem to be coming from inside Ferrari. Just the press

You'd assume so. Who would they even get anyway? Grosjean,Perez? Hardly an upgrade.
    Yeah, i agree. No one available is better at the moment.
    What do you guys think about Hamilton though? If he doesn't clinch his fourth title because of engine blows, it is very possible he would want to leave Mercedes.
    Would you accept Hamilton as a Ferrari driver?
    He is not a Ferrari mentality though, that's for sure.

Yeah, i agree. No one available is better at the moment.
    What do you guys think about Hamilton though? If he doesn't clinch his fourth title because of engine blows, it is very possible he would want to leave Mercedes.
    Would you accept Hamilton as a Ferrari driver?
    He is not a Ferrari mentality though, that's for sure.
    I wouldn't go for Lewis. I think he's slightly faster than Vettel, but the problem with that class of driver is they expect to win and get stroppy if they don't. I'm not sure Ferrari will be in that position for a few years.

I would get one of the proven drivers without a WDC, Verstappen, Ricciardo or Vandoorne. They're all young and can grow with the team.

Having said that I think the best bet is to hold onto Vettel for now. He's driving scrappy but he still seems happy enough. But if they could grab a strong driver to replace Kimi they could seague them into the lead role. Kimi will probably want to retire next year anyway.

Kimi will probably want to retire next year anyway.
    He has hinted of 2018 already. Which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakae View Post
    ...Problem is, Kimi and Seb aren't on the same page in terms of car design and setup...
    It would be if they were but since they aren't it isn't.

Wise words by Gianlu D'Alessandro.

If any of us were in Seb's position, we would all feel the frustration and disappointment he is feeling after a reasonable first season with Ferrari and high hopes for this year. None of that happened and the media are now adding their pressure, Kimi has been driving very well this will give Seb a massive problem psychologically. Yes, he has made mistakes and questionable moves, but sadly Ferrari haven't given either driver a car with which they seriously challenge Merc or Red Bull at the present time, so it will be incredibly difficult for Seb to redeem himself in the eyes of the fans or the media. The words of Gianlu D'Allesandro are admirable and I hope that we can now move forward to 2017 and prove that Ferrari can react to the pressure and regain their place at the top of the sport. It's not all Seb's fault, and this kind of anti-Seb public humiliation is not going to help anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    It would be if they were but since they aren't it isn't.
    but this game still flies over my head.

Kvyat never really beat Ricciardo so its a moot point. He had better reliability and luck, that wasn't the case with Ricciardo and Vettel who just demolished him on outright performances. Ricciardo is one of, if not the strongest driver in F1 today. Him and Alonso would be my top two. So there is no real issue understanding why he beat Seb. Especially if you assume it was compounded for whatever reason.

Like I said, I'd put a known benchmark in the second seat next to Vettel. Kimi's form is to up and down.
    Think we are getting sidetracked here. I'm trying to understand how it can be definitively said that Vettel flounders in a weak car.

Ricciardo being possibly the strongest driver in F1 today can be another discussion.

How about this,
    You know I don't know. Perhaps no one apart from Vettel does. I hope not.

He is a multiple times WC, he will bounce back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    He is a multiple times WC, he will bounce back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah, please....is he a "true" world champion???? one that can actually say he WON on true merit??? common even my grandma would have won a championship in those rocketships he's driven from 2010-2013

i'd like him to WIN a WDC in a car that is just about a matches the opposition....i.e. a car that's just as good as the winning car like the Mercedes is, OR maybe even below the Merc by couple of TENTHS or so...then, and only then i'd consider Vettel a true world champion....until then he's just an F1 driver that landed a rocketship car that won him a few WDC's thanks to Adrian Newey and Co.

he's ABSOLUTELY no match for Fernando Alonso....He was on the very top of his game that year (2012), and he "grabbed" that F2012 by the scruff of it's neck and put it in places taht absolutely NO ONE could...and i'm sure you agree with me on that one...that year from ALO was jsut superb to watch especially with a DODGY car Ferrari gave him; too bad he missed taht WDC, he would have TRULY, TRULY DESERVED IT!!!

much like Rosberg is in the mercedes this year....a highly overrated driver as well who's been ALL car and hardly ever any truthful talent

we've all seen Vettel how he does in NOT so perfect cars....i.e. 2014 when Richhiardo wiped the floor with him....so I SAY NO MORE!!!!
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 5th October 2016 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, please....is he a "true" world champion???? one that can actually say he WON on true merit??? common even my grandma would have won a championship in those rocketships he's driven from 2010-2013

i'd like him to WIN a WDC in a car that is just about a matches the opposition....i.e. a car that's just as good as the winning car like the Mercedes is, OR maybe even below the Merc by couple of TENTHS or so...then, and only then i'd consider Vettel a true world champion....until then he's just an F1 driver that landed a rocketship car that won him a few WDC's thanks to Adrian Newey and Co.

he's ABSOLUTELY no match for Fernando Alonso....He was on the very top of his game that year (2012), and he "grabbed" that F2012 by the scruff of it's neck and put it in places taht absolutely NO ONE could...and i'm sure you agree with me on that one...that year from ALO was jsut superb to watch especially with a DODGY car Ferrari gave him; too bad he missed taht WDC, he would have TRULY, TRULY DESERVED IT!!!

much like Rosberg is in the mercedes this year....a highly overrated driver as well who's been ALL car and hardly ever any truthful talent

we've all seen Vettel how he does in NOT so perfect cars....i.e. 2014 when Richhiardo wiped the floor with him....so I SAY NO MORE!!!!
    Alonso is a god though. I still think he's the best driver on the grid even at his age. Ferrari were blessed with him, but it never quite got there. His consistency was amazing.

Alonso is a god though. I still think he's the best driver on the grid even at his age. .
    Alright, calm down there buddy.

Vettel managed to clinch the WDC back in 2010 where our car was not that bad. 2012 as well.

Alonso is a god though. I still think he's the best driver on the grid even at his age. Ferrari were blessed with him, but it never quite got there. His consistency was amazing.
    And that is why it's unfair to compare Vettel with Alonso. Alonso performs like a machine, he doesn't have any weakness. He is the perfect racing driver.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And that is why it's unfair to compare Vettel with Alonso. Alonso performs like a machine, he doesn't have any weakness. He is the perfect racing driver.
    He is known to be frustrated as well. Remember the radio chat between him and his engineers at McLaren last year? GP2 engine :D

He is known to be frustrated as well. Remember the radio chat between him and his engineers at McLaren last year? GP2 engine :D
    tbh a GP2 engine is more reliable than last year's Honda engine.

Name me a year Alonso won a WDC with a car that wasn't the class of the field.

Truth of talent? could you get out there and do what they do? lap after lap. All drivers that has won WDC, has had to of had the best car, any WDC year, is 80%, maybe bit less is ALL about car. If the driver has the car, he will drive it to the limits it has been built to. If he isnt upto the job he wouldnt be there, wouldnt be able to race, said car to the limits. In the RBR years that Seb won, he had the tools to apply his talent, his styles to and put it to the best use. And look what that rewarded him. Alonso years and Renualt, that car and those Michelin tyres were the class of the field. so what did Alonso do, apply them to his advantage. OOO same as Schumi in the glory years. Mansell in early 90s, Senna late 80s early 90s, its the car.

As for 2014 RBR year for Seb, thats when they banned the floor blowing, took him awhile to overcome that and drive differently, could you. after years of having a car to your style and liking be 100% on it when its not? it takes time to get the feel back, and how to adjust your style and find that set up that can make it feel smooth.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Name me a year Alonso won a WDC with a car that wasn't the class of the field.
    he almost did in 2010 and 2012....no other driver could have pulled the amazing and consistant driving he did

he almost did in 2010 and 2012....no other driver could have pulled the amazing and consistant driving he did
    the question was name a year HE WON, not almost. Thing is you cannt, as he as, i said in post. When he won 2005-06 he had the car that was the class of the field.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE