Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1398

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

  1. #1171
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    845
    If Vettel does decide to leave at the end of this season he should be replaced by this man.

  2. #1172
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,486
    I hope Vetelli gets back into a good groove and stays.

  3. #1173
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    I hope Vetelli gets back into a good groove and stays.
    Hope so too

  4. #1174
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Real View Post
    Lewis has had more then enough failures to get jumpy when his car feels off.
    With Mercedes?


    Disappointed Since 2010

  5. #1175
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    My point is that he has thrown little hissy fits when things don’t go his way in a car that is bulletproof 99.9% of the time. He complains and it’s not constructive when the team has already told him there’s nothing wrong with the car and to just drive. If he was at Ferrari, a lot of things wouldn’t be going his way, and there would be a lot more complaining. I’m sure Vettel has offered plenty of feedback on the car.
    O K, my point is those " Hissy" fits is how he has helped the team to put out a car 99.9% bullet proof. Driver input 24/7. If he feels something not right and keeps quiet, it will remain a problem. The team don't drive , he does and wants them on top of the car 100%. Look at the results. His complaining is constructive . The team telling him there's nothing wrong with the car , and to just drive is insulting to any driver. No better than , keep quiet and get the car the way I want it. The ultimate respect and pay back to the team is for Lewis to race and win WDC, WCC for the team. It makes it all worth while! Driver mistakes during the race are on the driver alone, esp. when the car is right or close to it. Meanwhile, where there's Charles there's hope ! Cut the boy lose!! 3pts. dosen't make him a #2 driver.
    Last edited by Brembo; 18th July 2019 at 04:09.

  6. #1176
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    O K, my point is those " Hissy" fits is how he has helped the team to put out a car 99.9% bullet proof. Driver input 24/7. If he feels something not right and keeps quiet, it will remain a problem. The team don't drive , he does and wants them on top of the car 100%. Look at the results. His complaining is constructive . The team telling him there's nothing wrong with the car , and to just drive is insulting to any driver. No better than , keep quiet and get the car the way I want it. The ultimate respect and pay back to the team is for Lewis to race and win WDC, WCC for the team. It makes it all worth while! Driver mistakes during the race are on the driver alone, esp. when the car is right or close to it. Meanwhile, where there's Charles there's hope ! Cut the boy lose!! 3pts. dosen't make him a #2 driver.
    The car has been practically bulletproof since 2014 when he joined the team, so his criticism constructs nothing. Hamilton complaining when he has been provided with the Millennium Falcon is insulting to the mechanics and engineers. Just shut up and "get on with it, son," as Steve Matchett would say.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  7. #1177
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    The car has been practically bulletproof since 2014 when he joined the team, so his criticism constructs nothing. Hamilton complaining when he has been provided with the Millennium Falcon is insulting to the mechanics and engineers. Just shut up and "get on with it, son," as Steve Matchett would say.
    O K at least the " Get on with it son ! " is what Lewis is also doing along with his complaining. The mechanics and engineers for sure hold Lewis in the highest esteem. Their biggest reward is a driver bringing a WDC, WCC to the team. The team has to feel great knowing they can say it's the car we give him each race, not his driving . I don't know whats worse, that, or Lewis complaining. It's a toss up! Last race, the fastest lap, then passing Bottas who had pole, winning at his home track . I can only wish all that on Seb this next race in Germany ! Or my favorite driver Charles!!!

  8. #1178
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    O K at least the " Get on with it son ! " is what Lewis is also doing along with his complaining. The mechanics and engineers for sure hold Lewis in the highest esteem. Their biggest reward is a driver bringing a WDC, WCC to the team. The team has to feel great knowing they can say it's the car we give him each race, not his driving . I don't know whats worse, that, or Lewis complaining. It's a toss up! Last race, the fastest lap, then passing Bottas who had pole, winning at his home track . I can only wish all that on Seb this next race in Germany ! Or my favorite driver Charles!!!
    He's winning because he has the fastest car, but he's also a good driver who is indisputably, and unfortunately for us, a better driver than Vettel. I still have no interest in seeing him in a Ferrari, however. I just wish Giovinazzi was better or Jules Bianchi was still with us.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  9. #1179
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    War Torn Mars
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    He's winning because he has the fastest car, but he's also a good driver who is indisputably, and unfortunately for us, a better driver than Vettel. I still have no interest in seeing him in a Ferrari, however. I just wish Giovinazzi was better or Jules Bianchi was still with us.
    So you don't want the best driver in our team ? everybody complains, Alonso did it too with Renault, McLaren, back again with Renault, at Ferrari etc and TBH i don't see it as complaining but as feedback. I believe his feedback/input is what makes the car good, something our team can use to be fair.

  10. #1180
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    He's winning because he has the fastest car, but he's also a good driver who is indisputably, and unfortunately for us, a better driver than Vettel. I still have no interest in seeing him in a Ferrari, however. I just wish Giovinazzi was better or Jules Bianchi was still with us.
    Agreed, and what a pairing Jules and Charles would have made if fate hadn't intervened, I'd also like to see Giovinazzi improve although his strategies haven't helped, beaching it at Silverstone won't have done him any favours either.

  11. #1181
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,728
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Agreed, and what a pairing Jules and Charles would have made if fate hadn't intervened, I'd also like to see Giovinazzi improve although his strategies haven't helped, beaching it at Silverstone won't have done him any favours either.
    Jules was as promising as Charles, if not more. Gio is getting a beating from an in form Kimi(25-1 on points), he has improved in qualy, but racecraft wise he is far from the top.

  12. #1182
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    39
    lol dont sugar coat it... Gio is ****! i hope he doesnt come within 10 feet of a Ferrari drive!

  13. #1183
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    He's winning because he has the fastest car, but he's also a good driver who is indisputably, and unfortunately for us, a better driver than Vettel. I still have no interest in seeing him in a Ferrari, however. I just wish Giovinazzi was better or Jules Bianchi was still with us.
    That sound right on the money to me! Jules and Charles were family . What a combination that would have been! Goivanazzi needs time . He was in Ferrari boot camp a long time testing etc. Now he's driving.

  14. #1184
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    953
    Lewis demands perfection his rude upfront whinging and whining to his engineers at the slitest problem must work the proof is in the pudding.

  15. #1185
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    lol dont sugar coat it... Gio is ****! i hope he doesnt come within 10 feet of a Ferrari drive!
    With all that experience Seb came in last place ! He's on a par with Gio. With Gio in Seb's car he might have finished not in last place. It would be hard for Gio to be worse than our present 4x WDC winner when with the enemy. Don't sugar coat Sebs driving. He's in a Ferrari!

  16. #1186
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    With all that experience Seb came in last place ! He's on a par with Gio. With Gio in Seb's car he might have finished not in last place. It would be hard for Gio to be worse than our present 4x WDC winner when with the enemy. Don't sugar coat Sebs driving. He's in a Ferrari!
    They both made silly mistakes in Britain. Gio is lacking basic racecraft at the moment, Vettel just makes silly mistakes.

  17. #1187
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    With all that experience Seb came in last place ! He's on a par with Gio. With Gio in Seb's car he might have finished not in last place. It would be hard for Gio to be worse than our present 4x WDC winner when with the enemy. Don't sugar coat Sebs driving. He's in a Ferrari!
    They both don't deserve a Ferrari seat, but i would rather have sebs experience over Gio's lack of racecraft/pace just because he's Italian. Both should get the boot. Vettel isn't the Schumacher we all thought he was and Gio after all the testing, after the races he's been does not have what Ferrari need. End of story, its clear as day. Ferrari needs someone who understands the car, can develop it well and has a head on his shoulders, not some driver finding their feet. For me it went all Downhill for Seb when he bashed into Hamilton in Baku. that day Hamilton got under his skin and has stayed there ever since. Seb is good, but the British media have finished his career, and he's given them the ammo to do it

  18. #1188
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    So you don't want the best driver in our team ? everybody complains, Alonso did it too with Renault, McLaren, back again with Renault, at Ferrari etc and TBH i don't see it as complaining but as feedback. I believe his feedback/input is what makes the car good, something our team can use to be fair.
    I didn’t say “best,” you did. I said “good,” and I stand by that. There’s a difference between providing feedback and being hypercritical. After all that Mercedes provided Hamilton, he had the gaul to call the team out and hit the marker in Monaco a few seasons back. That is not behavior becoming of a Ferrari driver. At least The issues Alonso had with Ferrari went on largely behind closed doors, and he didn’t have anywhere near as good of a car as Hamilton has now.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  19. #1189
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    That sound right on the money to me! Jules and Charles were family . What a combination that would have been! Goivanazzi needs time . He was in Ferrari boot camp a long time testing etc. Now he's driving.
    I really wish Ferrari had another good driver in Giovinazzi, but I just don’t see it. He’s already like 25 and hasn’t proved anything. At this point, I’m thinking Fuoco might even be more deserving of the Alfa seat.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  20. #1190
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I didn’t say “best,” you did. I said “good,” and I stand by that. There’s a difference between providing feedback and being hypercritical. After all that Mercedes provided Hamilton, he had the gaul to call the team out and hit the marker in Monaco a few seasons back. That is not behavior becoming of a Ferrari driver. At least The issues Alonso had with Ferrari went on largely behind closed doors, and he didn’t have anywhere near as good of a car as Hamilton has now.
    You're kidding right? Everybody knew exactly how "disappointed" Fred was with the car Ferrari gave him. We know he learned from the Ferrari departure and after that kept his loud mouth shut to maintain good relationships *cough* GP2 engine *cough*

  21. #1191
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,014
    Any links to Alonso doing such things in the media?
    Forza Ferrari

  22. #1192
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    You're kidding right? Everybody knew exactly how "disappointed" Fred was with the car Ferrari gave him. We know he learned from the Ferrari departure and after that kept his loud mouth shut to maintain good relationships *cough* GP2 engine *cough*
    Show me evidence from 2010, 2011, or 2012. It wasn’t until halfway through 2013 that he joked that he wanted a better car for his birthday and was chastised. There wasn’t any negativity surrounding Alonso on this forum until he parted ways with Ferrari and Vettel came aboard. Then all we could hear was that Vettel was going to deliver us from Alonso’s evilness and toxicity. I’ve had enough of the revisionist nonsense.
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 18th July 2019 at 19:09.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  23. #1193
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    33
    I've not read the 40 pages already writen but Vet's an idiot , Binotto's weak , Jock Clear is an idiot , almost everybody working at Ferrari nowadays is an idiot. This season the only person that seems and acts like he's competent is Lec. 9 races out of 9 we've screwed up on the strategy side. Merc wanted to win 9 out of 9 and failed. Our objective must have been the opposite! They screwed Lec over so many times that it seems that the team is working for red bull.

  24. #1194
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1984 View Post
    I've not read the 40 pages already writen but Vet's an idiot , Binotto's weak , Jock Clear is an idiot , almost everybody working at Ferrari nowadays is an idiot. This season the only person that seems and acts like he's competent is Lec. 9 races out of 9 we've screwed up on the strategy side. Merc wanted to win 9 out of 9 and failed. Our objective must have been the opposite! They screwed Lec over so many times that it seems that the team is working for red bull.
    Looking back on the earlier races this season and seeing how Seb's performance has dropped away, the team should have allowed Charles to have equal status on strategy and we'd probably be closer to HAM and BOT and in front of Max in the standings.

  25. #1195
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Looking back on the earlier races this season and seeing how Seb's performance has dropped away, the team should have allowed Charles to have equal status on strategy and we'd probably be closer to HAM and BOT and in front of Max in the standings.
    There is no denying that !
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  26. #1196
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,367
    For sure !! Lets hope the team agrees to equal status for the rest of the season. The boy deserves a win.

  27. #1197
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ferrari Car
    Posts
    1,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    For sure !! Lets hope the team agrees to equal status for the rest of the season. The boy deserves a win.


    Yeah makes no sense to favour Vettel when the title is not at stake.

  28. #1198
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Yeah makes no sense to favour Vettel when the title is not at stake.
    BuT HeS A 4 TiMe WoRlD ChAmP
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

  29. #1199
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Yeah makes no sense to favour Vettel when the title is not at stake.
    The most logical explanation is that they're helping Vettel to retire with at least some dignity intact. After all, the title is gone. No one really knows what's going on behind closed doors, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're telling Charles he's the next number one driver, especially after Silverstone


    Disappointed Since 2010

  30. #1200
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    The most logical explanation is that they're helping Vettel to retire with at least some dignity intact. After all, the title is gone. No one really knows what's going on behind closed doors, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're telling Charles he's the next number one driver, especially after Silverstone
    Ferrari; the team also needs badly in the eyes of all F-1 to finish this season with some dignity. Last place last race hurts bad, both for the team and Seb. Telling Charles he's the next #1 driver is too late. Ferrari and the Ferrari fans need some dignity towards the team and where they finish. R Bull Honda is too damn close!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •