Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202132 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    he almost did in 2010 and 2012....no other driver could have pulled the amazing and consistant driving he did
    You could say that about all driver's that came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    not really....unless they came as close as ALO did in 2010 and 2012....there is a difference coming second with only 4pts or so difference, then coming second with 20 or more pts difference.

i know it's still second place, but at least HE was really close those two years

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    the question was name a year HE WON, not almost. Thing is you cannt, as he as, i said in post. When he won 2005-06 he had the car that was the class of the field.
    You cant seriously believe that. The Ferrari was just as good if not better in 2005/6.
    There was one race, cant remember exactly which one; could be imola, where MS chased FA till the very end but could not win. The Ferrari was the better car, but FAs defensive driving was just fantastic. I think it was that race which made me a FA fan.

Am not saying FA can win a WDC with say today Mclaren or Williams. But i do agree with some posts here that he is capable of dragging even a no 2 car to victory. Something that few in the field today can do. (I used to think LH and SV could too, but LH has shown instability over the last couple of years even though he is fighting only rosberg, and SV... well, disappointing to an extent. If hes not in the lead, he is very susceptible).
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Coming second, many have done but the way you fight for a title with a car that is not really a match for Champion team (And I want to give credit to team & not just Alonso). Just a tiny bit of luck & you would've won title. Yes, he didn't win it but clearly he is not in league of others who came second. Even Schumacher won all his titles in superior cars, doesn't mean we don't know how great he was.

Had Alonso not been taken out by Grosjean at the first corner in Spa and finished at least 8th, he would have been the 2012 champion with an inferior car. He was absolutely on fire, and I hope to see another driver, whether it be Vettel, Raikkonen, or someone else, drive for Ferrari like Alonso did, in the near future.

Now, how about some more support for Sebastian Vettel?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Even Schumacher won all his titles in superior cars, doesn't mean we don't know how great he was.
    I agree with you that the cars he drove when he won his WDCs with us were pretty good cars.
    But what about his first WDC with Benetton Ford. He didn't have the best car nor the best engine but the team was well run. (Ok Flavio was in charge)

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Had Alonso not been taken out by Grosjean at the first corner in Spa and finished at least 8th, he would have been the 2012 champion with an inferior car. He was absolutely on fire, and I hope to see another driver, whether it be Vettel, Raikkonen, or someone else, drive for Ferrari like Alonso did, in the near future.

Now, how about some more support for Sebastian Vettel?
    Esattamente & I think Sebastian will do just fie as long as management calms down & gives the team room to perform w/o undue pressure.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Esattamente & I think Sebastian will do just fie as long as management calms down & gives the team room to perform w/o undue pressure.
    Not just management needs to calm down but the media too (especially Italian), let the guys get on with it and the truth is that Ferrari are still in the top three teams, it could be far worse, it just upsets us that we aren't at the top and no-one is currently able to better the Merc power supply. Once again the drivers, including Seb, are having to make the best of it and you can't say he isn't trying, maybe a bit too hard!

Kimi is doing just fine with this management, if Sebastian is bettel driver than Kimi, he should too.

the question was name a year HE WON, not almost. Thing is you cannt, as he as, i said in post. When he won 2005-06 he had the car that was the class of the field.
    I'll give you a question Rob. Name how many races did Sebastian won in inferior car??
    I can count them on fingers of one hand. What you say? How many did he won?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    You cant seriously believe that. The Ferrari was just as good if not better in 2005/6.
    There was one race, cant remember exactly which one; could be imola, where MS chased FA till the very end but could not win. The Ferrari was the better car, but FAs defensive driving was just fantastic. I think it was that race which made me a FA fan.

Am not saying FA can win a WDC with say today Mclaren or Williams. But i do agree with some posts here that he is capable of dragging even a no 2 car to victory. Something that few in the field today can do. (I used to think LH and SV could too, but LH has shown instability over the last couple of years even though he is fighting only rosberg, and SV... well, disappointing to an extent. If hes not in the lead, he is very susceptible).
    That is bull.

In 2005 Ferrari was quite inferior with the race-lasting Bridgestone tires. Ferrari was simply not competitive that year at all. Only competition that year was McLaren which kept breaking down.

Also Alonso had one big advantage in 2010 and 2012 (apart from other teams letting Vettel/Webber Lewis/Button fight each other ) , the reliability of Ferrari where RedBull or McLaren broke down a few times each year. It takes a lot of good races to recover the point deficit lost from 2-3 mechnical DNFs.

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    I'll give you a question Rob. Name how many races did Sebastian won in inferior car??
    I can count them on fingers of one hand. What you say? How many did he won?
    You missing the point all together here mate. We talking about how many times he won WDC, not races. Seb won with the best car, so did FA in 2005 and 2006.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

2003 , Ferrari was not the better car,
    2005 , whoever says that Ferrari had the better car is either biased or clueless.
    2004-2002 , yes, Ferrari had the better car.

But as correctly pointed, that does not mean that Schumacher was way better than the pack.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Kimi is doing just fine with this management, if Sebastian is bettel driver than Kimi, he should too.
    Kimi is a cool dude who doesn't let the media or indeed the top management bother him. Good for him.
    But not everyone can be like that and Seb is obviously trying too hard. He came with a pretty good record and now Ferrari and the Italian media are pushing for those wins.
    If only Kimi could spread the karma maybe the results would come.

Forza Jules

Ferrari has announced that Vettel needs to earn a contract extension into 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Ferrari has announced that Vettel needs to earn a contract extension into 2018.
    and i TOTALLY agree with Ferrari....he's being paid the MOST out of all drivers and what has he brought this season in terms of results???? NOTHING, just mistakes over and over again and for a driver that has been 4X WDC this is totally NOT acceptable....at least NOT in my books

even an OLDER Kimi has been beating him for teh past 5 races or so....

so teh ferrari way of doing now is, SHOW results ON track or get the &^%$ OUT

and i TOTALLY agree with Ferrari....he's being paid the MOST out of all drivers and what has he brought this season in terms of results???? NOTHING, just mistakes over and over again and for a driver that has been 4X WDC this is totally NOT acceptable....at least NOT in my books

At least, just a little bit of accuracy in the posts please:
    GER: Vet P5, Kimi P6
    BEL: Vet P6, Kimi P9
    ITA: Vet P3, Kimi P4
    SIN: Kimi P4, Vettel P5
    MAL: Kimi P4, Vettel DNF

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    At least, just a little bit of accuracy in the posts please:
    GER: Vet P5, Kimi P6
    BEL: Vet P6, Kimi P9
    ITA: Vet P3, Kimi P4
    SIN: Kimi P4, Vettel P5
    MAL: Kimi P4, Vettel DNF
    Nonsense quoting spa considering Vettel crashed Kimi out

Yeah i totally agree. I was never against bringing Seb into Ferrari. However, i was against paying him such a fat salary. Yeah, he really does suck for a 4 time world champion payed 50 million a year. Hope he finds his form soon.

Yeah i totally agree. I was never against bringing Seb into Ferrari. However, i was against paying him such a fat salary. Yeah, he really does suck for a 4 time world champion payed 50 million a year. Hope he finds his form soon.
    i'm NOT a Seb NOR a Kimi fan.....first and foremost i'm a FERRARI fan....i couldn't care less who drives for our beloved team so long as they're fast and bring FERRARI lots of points in the WCC; but when you see a driver like Seb that is WAY, WAY overpaid and makes stupid ^%%$#$% rookie mistakes in quite a few races this year, well it kind of bugs me quite a bit.....those are NOt teh kind of mistakes a FOUR time WDC should make....sorry but that does not bode well with me

let's hope he finds his MOJO and find it fast, otherwise by the statement Maurizio told the italian press today, it looks like they will show him the DOOR come 2018 if he doesn't smarten up and stop with the nonesence, ROOKIE mistakes he's been having lately
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

You missing the point all together here mate. We talking about how many times he won WDC, not races. Seb won with the best car, so did FA in 2005 and 2006.
    No no Rob, I am not missing the point. You answer my question: "Name how many races did Sebastian won in inferior car??
    I can count them on fingers of one hand. What you say? How many did he won?"

When you count that fue races you will get the point. So be fair and answer the question.

No no Rob, I am not missing the point. You answer my question: "Name how many races did Sebastian won in inferior car??

When you count that fue races you will get the point. So be fair and answer the question.
    we were not on about races, on about WDC.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

If you're going to get into this "inferior car " thing, how are you judging that a car is inferior? A consensus of F1 fans, hearsay on the internet, talk from the paddock where every opinion has a political aspect to it & may not present a true picture of how cars rank? What does it even prove, how many drivers actually won a WDC in an inferior car that was, in fact, actually inferior? Seems a rather meaningless statistic, no?
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

What "mistakes over and over again"? Vettel has been let done by the team (in terms of both strategy errors and mechanical failures) a lot more often than he's let down the team via his own mistakes. On top of which he's been crashed into by the Red Bull guys quite a lot.

Alonso is getting paid more than Vettel to drive around in mid-field.

If you're going to get into this "inferior car " thing, how are you judging that a car is inferior? A consensus of F1 fans, hearsay on the internet, talk from the paddock where every opinion has a political aspect to it & may not present a true picture of how cars rank? What does it even prove, how many drivers actually won a WDC in an inferior car that was, in fact, actually inferior? Seems a rather meaningless statistic, no?
    Nobody has ever won in an inferior car. However, there are a lot of champions who won it when the season included one more team with similar performance capabilities.
    Seb is extremely fast, no doubt about that. But he lacks the right judgement in certain messy situations. He is not quite good when starting from behind and needs to chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    What "mistakes over and over again"? Vettel has been let done by the team (in terms of both strategy errors and mechanical failures) a lot more often than he's let down the team via his own mistakes. On top of which he's been crashed into by the Red Bull guys quite a lot.

Alonso is getting paid more than Vettel to drive around in mid-field.
    yeah mate, but you cannot compare Seb to Alonso; you and I both know ALO> then Seb any day of the week;he's much more complete and consistent driver (a.k.a 2012 season at Ferrari)....alonso is worth EVERY penny Mcmowers are paying him....whereas Seb is just overrated average driver
    he's ONLY won those 4 wdc thanks to Newey, the guru that desiged those rocketships.....i'm not saying Seb is not talented at all because he is in his own way....but NOT even close to what Alonso's talent
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

he's ONLY won those 4 wdc thanks to Newey, the guru that desiged those rocketships.....
    He managed to obliterate Mark Webber though

He managed to obliterate Mark Webber though
    oh yeah, i remember that
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari is so lucky to has this one! Say goodbyes to the man who is always talking about the greatest of Ferrari. And hellos to men of Hamilton and Alonso and when the things go bad they will shame you everytime. Be happy you have this good driver and be patient for the good car. Sebastian is not this man looking for the famous celebrity, he want to make Ferrari great again. For me Ferrari needs to earn the happy fans with the good car!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedf1 View Post
    Ferrari is so lucky to has this one! Say goodbyes to the man who is always talking about the greatest of Ferrari. And hellos to men of Hamilton and Alonso and when the things go bad they will shame you everytime. Be happy you have this good driver and be patient for the good car. Sebastian is not this man looking for the famous celebrity, he want to make Ferrari great again. For me Ferrari needs to earn the happy fans with the good car!
    I agree that he is a better man than Alonso and Hamilton. But obviously he is not the better driver.