Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    I don’t know why people seem surprised that Ferrari have fallen behind. It’s clearly Vettel, who has never been tier 1 driver. People got blinded by those Redbull championships and lulled into a false sense of security. Ricciardo proved this in 2014, yet Ferrari signed the beaten driver. It wasn’t just that Vettel was beaten coz everybody gets beaten at some point (except Schumacher). But the way Ricciardo beat him was so resounding it left no doubt who was the better driver. It’s no surprise that Hamilton has been running circles around him for the past 2 years. That’s because Hamilton fought wheel to wheel for years at McLaren all the while refining his race craft and learning how to calculate risks. All those coming together with Massa in 2011 taught him a lot about collecting points. Also he looked at Button’s cruise and collect mentality and modified it to his own benefit. All the while Vettel was out in the lead collecting statistics but learning nothing. Now the chickens have come home to roost and he is being made to look like an amateur. Now as well as trying to beat Hamilton next year there will be another dynamic in the shape of Leclerc who looks very very good, good enough to embarrass Vettel even further.
    yes you are right. Vettel is not as good as Hamilton or Alonso. In fact, I'm sure if we had Alonso last year we would have won the drivers championship. There is no way alonso would have blown the lead Ferrari had at he summer break. To me its very unusual that for 2 years in a row Ferrari have been so competitive at midseason and then fall completely apart after that. Something smell rotten in Denmark and its not the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelc30 View Post
    Arrivabene: Vettel will be world champion in a Ferrari

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/10...-in-a-ferrari/

lol, they said the same about Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    lol, they said the same about Alonso.
    Yup, and we all know how that ended up.....in flames....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I could never have imagined being forced to support Sebastian when he came to Ferrari (I support the team above all others) after he had beaten our own drivers to championships with Red Bull. Once he showed us how he could also deliver for Ferrari, and by embracing the tifoso spirit, I warmed to him and much as I appreciate that he has made some costly errors of judgement with Ferrari these last two seasons, I am tired of the constant criticism he receives from all corners. We all know what pressure is involved when driving for Ferrari and the team have been as guilty of mistakes as he has. Whatever has really caused the SF71H's performance to drop off is hardly Seb's fault and he has had to take risks to make up for the deficit, so it's not surprising that risks have been punished, sadly always in Merc's favour. Let's hope we can at least end the season on a more positive note, although the championship has escaped us once again after the summer break which cannot be allowed to continue, and I don't believe it's just Seb or the car at fault but some meddling by Merc and the FIA.

In 2017 Vettel trailed Hamilton 59 points after Japan, at the moment he is trailing Hamilton 64 points.
    How is that possible with better car than last year!?

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    In 2017 Vettel trailed Hamilton 59 points after Japan, at the moment he is trailing Hamilton 64 points.
    Not too hard to figure:

* Massive drop off in performance in recent races
    * Multiple strategic errors
    * Multiple driver errors
    * Internal conflict

Last year, Ferrari just had:

* Mechanical failures
    * Driver errors

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Not too hard to figure:

* Massive drop off in performance in recent races
    * Multiple strategic errors
    * Multiple driver errors
    * Internal conflict

Last year, Ferrari just had:

* Mechanical failures
    * Driver errors
    You are so right, 2018, your #2 prob. is causing the #3 prob. Ferrari needs to get the "Max " from Leclerc. He looks that worthy. WCC first and foremost!

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    The same reason as last year, errors.

Without Baku 2017 or Singapore he’d be in the title.

The same this year, just more errors

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    The same reason as last year, errors.

Without Baku 2017 or Singapore he’d be in the title.

The same this year, just more errors
    Hamilton has also had a recent succession of wins whereas Seb has had a disastrous few races, some of his own making, if the championship had been more open with more teams/drivers able to take points off Merc, it would be very different, so I can't put all the blame on him.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki View Post
    yes you are right. Vettel is not as good as Hamilton or Alonso. In fact, I'm sure if we had Alonso last year we would have won the drivers championship. There is no way alonso would have blown the lead Ferrari had at he summer break. To me its very unusual that for 2 years in a row Ferrari have been so competitive at midseason and then fall completely apart after that. Something smell rotten in Denmark and its not the cheese.
    Dude! this is nothing new. And there is nothing rotten.
    At least for the last 8 years, we have fallen behind in the development race and mostly after the break.
    We need to figure out why. Instead, heads roll and momentarily the Tifosi are happy. But the root cause is never found or corrected.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    At least for the last 8 years, we have fallen behind in the development race and mostly after the break.
    We need to figure out why. Instead, heads roll and momentarily the Tifosi are happy. But the root cause is never found or corrected.
    i predict the same giant decline next year too, nothing has been changed these last two years to prevent another post summer break downfall, M.A is taking a "tried their best aw well" approach to everything
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I think that if LEC starts to do well next term - it's quite possible - and show VET a clean pair of heels, I think the latter will be finished.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    I think that if LEC starts to do well next term - it's quite possible - and show VET a clean pair of heels, I think the latter will be finished.
    He really is letting himself down badly now, maybe there's something going on behind the scenes but his mental capacity seems to be affected, although you can't say he's moaned in public about the team's performance. His demeanour says it all, to be honest. With all the fingers being pointed at his mistakes, it's hardly surprising he can do no right at present. Maybe Charles is his biggest nightmare?!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    He really is letting himself down badly now, maybe there's something going on behind the scenes but his mental capacity seems to be affected, although you can't say he's moaned in public about the team's performance. His demeanour says it all, to be honest. With all the fingers being pointed at his mistakes, it's hardly surprising he can do no right at present. Maybe Charles is his biggest nightmare?!
    He doesn't care about Charles right now

Whatever has really caused the SF71H's performance to drop off is hardly Seb's fault
    Is it about personel leaving the team that contributed to the performance of SF71H,James Allison did not do any great things for the team and only waited for an oppertunity to go to Merc and now his this all big guy there now.Resta ,Sassi make more sense to me.Just hope the rumours going around Binitto are false.

It was Leclerc that kicked up the gravel on the track!

Sergio Marchionne passed away too soon.

Referring to errors made by Seb over the season, I still think one of the big ones was what he said in the slowing-down lap after beating the Mercs at Silverstone, 'on their home ground', it came back to haunt him over the following races and karma played a big part! He never should have said it.

I'd love a list of his mistakes this year. It would be a good novel.

He had the car to be WDC

Vettel turned into a walking meme.

According to Sky Italia Vettel is having some family issues in the recent weeks but they couldn’t be more precise for a matter of privacy. In this cases his head must be somewhere else.
    But will never stop rooting for him, no matter what, no matter the deluted hatters, who dont have a life. He will get better hopefuly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    He had the car to be WDC
    Yep.

Leclerc has to be given equal support next year.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFan View Post
    Yep.

Leclerc has to be given equal support next year.
    That's not gonna happen. LeClerc will play the support role for 2019.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Same as Riccardo in 2014 I hope Max will be in Ferrari in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    According to Sky Italia Vettel is having some family issues in the recent weeks but they couldn’t be more precise for a matter of privacy. In this cases his head must be somewhere else.
    But will never stop rooting for him, no matter what, no matter the deluted hatters, who dont have a life. He will get better hopefuly soon.

I can have some sympathy for him if that is true but he is a professional driver that gets a lot of money and is throwing away the amazing job done by hundreds of people in maranello. If he is unable to disconnect from his personal life for a couple of hours every Sunday, should he be driving the car right know?, why not take a sabbatical and fix your problems and come back when your are able to give 100%?.

If someone die in his family or whatever it is, he has my sympathy but we all have to perform at our jobs regardless of our personal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    It wont be so simple. Lets not forget that Seb is actually a very very fast driver. Over a single lap. His strength has always been to get that pole position. Leading from the front, SV hardly makes mistakes and is a shoo in for victory.
    His problem this year, and perhaps last year too, has been that Hamilton is just as fast over a single lap (if not faster), and is a better overall race driver. Seb has been forced to start behind lewis and thats not allowing him to get the balance he needs, or the clear track in front. Forced to bang wheels, hes making mistakes.
    Not sure how fast LEC will be over a single lap, but i would be very very surprised if he beat Seb in his first year.
    Silently, like a shadow

Pace-wise, nothing wrong. Last race Vettel's pace on softs was imposing, he was fastest by far. But the problem is his "do or die" approach, pretty much what has gotten Vettel to the situation he is in now.

It wont be so simple. Lets not forget that Seb is actually a very very fast driver. Over a single lap. His strength has always been to get that pole position. Leading from the front, SV hardly makes mistakes and is a shoo in for victory.
    His problem this year, and perhaps last year too, has been that Hamilton is just as fast over a single lap (if not faster), and is a better overall race driver. Seb has been forced to start behind lewis and thats not allowing him to get the balance he needs, or the clear track in front. Forced to bang wheels, hes making mistakes.
    Not sure how fast LEC will be over a single lap, but i would be very very surprised if he beat Seb in his first year.
    How do we know he is super fast over a single lap? Hes been getting poles in championship winning machinery.

When he hasnt had the car, he hasnt looked anything like an elite driver, thats just what it is.

And before anyone brings up monza and torro rosso, bourdias qualified P3 in the same car. The car had an advantage in those conditions.

How did Seb do against Ricci in qualifying 2014?