Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252637 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Very true! Seb's making millions and with Ferrari! What else could anyone dream of F1 wise? Now just throw in a winning Red car and that's it! This could be the year!
    At this point in time it's not about the money for Seb, it's about winning and then getting off the rocket life style so he can enjoy his life in a slower fashion. He's determined to be a winner in the red car and fingers crossed it happens this year as I want him to have 5 before LH gets 4.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    There's no shortage of good drivers. If anyone leaves, I think Ferrari should promote from within the Driver's Academy.
    Charles Leclerc and Giovinazzi are both future champions, but promoting either of them in 2018 would mean a rookie in a Ferrari. Not an ideal situation

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    Charles Leclerc and Giovinazzi are both future champions, but promoting either of them in 2018 would mean a rookie in a Ferrari. Not an ideal situation
    +1

Mercedes didn't promote Wehrlein or Ocon, either

Mercedes didn't promote Wehrlein or Ocon, either
    True. I think Bottas got a "crappy" deal....so much pressure on him to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    True. I think Bottas got a "crappy" deal....so much pressure on him to perform.
    Everyone seems to be underestimating him, which I think is good for him right now. Anyway, if he doesn't do well in the first 3 or 4 races he'll be finished. "Finished" as a rival for Lewis, that is... and that'll suit Mercedes just fine. I don't think they hired him to beat Lewis, just to be a reliable #2

Everyone seems to be underestimating him, which I think is good for him right now. Anyway, if he doesn't do well in the first 3 or 4 races he'll be finished. "Finished" as a rival for Lewis, that is... and that'll suit Mercedes just fine. I don't think they hired him to beat Lewis, just to be a reliable #2
    yep. Can't have two number 1's in a team...it does'nt work.

yep. Can't have two number 1's in a team...it does'nt work.
    As Nico and the wannabe rapper proved in the last 3 seasons

As Nico and the wannabe rapper proved in the last 3 seasons

yep.....MS and RB. Rubens was always a #2.

Rubens, the "I can beat Michael, its Ferrari who don't let me" brazilian funny guy?

Rubens, the "I can beat Michael, its Ferrari who don't let me" brazilian funny guy?
    Even Shumy believed Rubens a winner if Ferrari let him. Shumy handed over the #1 trophy to Rubens on the podium!! 2002!!! Millions in fines but the truth was Rubens a winner. The funny guy was the midjet Todt @ 4ft tall with his radio telling Rubens to "Let him pass" made him feel at least 5ft tall! The funny brazilian guy meant "It's that bum Ross and the midjet Todt and Shumy's Italian background that wouldn't let him win. That bum Ross even at team Brawn had Rubens pit 3xs to secure Button a win. But then again, unlike Shumy, Rubens got paid to drive.

There never was; and now there is no such thing as #1, #2 drivers ever in F1. All are treated the same. Many fans here will agree!

#1b, IIRC.

There never was; and now there is no such thing as #1, #2 drivers ever in F1. All are treated the same. Many fans here will agree!
    Truth. It's all about talent. If a #2 is good enough to beat a #1 he will. If not he remains a #2. A #1 will lead a team to wins, WDC's, WCC's, a #2 will follow with the odd win thrown in at certain tracks. No one gave Rubens his #. He earned it.

Even Shumy believed Rubens a winner if Ferrari let him. Shumy handed over the #1 trophy to Rubens on the podium!! 2002!!! Millions in fines but the truth was Rubens a winner. The funny guy was the midjet Todt @ 4ft tall with his radio telling Rubens to "Let him pass" made him feel at least 5ft tall! The funny brazilian guy meant "It's that bum Ross and the midjet Todt and Shumy's Italian background that wouldn't let him win. That bum Ross even at team Brawn had Rubens pit 3xs to secure Button a win. But then again, unlike Shumy, Rubens got paid to drive.
    Chill out, I was only joking! I happen to be a Rubens fan, but he was, let's face it, not even remotely as talented as Michael
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Truth. It's all about talent. If a #2 is good enough to beat a #1 he will. If not he remains a #2. A #1 will lead a team to wins, WDC's, WCC's, a #2 will follow with the odd win thrown in at certain tracks. No one gave Rubens his #. He earned it.
    +7......kimi is a #2 driver

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Truth. If a #2 was good enough to beat a #1 he had to at the time , shut off his radio. Famous words " Let him pass! " Ross and Todt sure as hell gave Shumy his # I agree , it's all about being allowed to use all your talent. Not being held back and reminded your getting paid. More so than earning a #, Rubens for sure earned his pay.

Chill out, I was only joking! I happen to be a Rubens fan, but he was, let's face it, not even remotely as talented as Michael
    Do you believe " Michael let Rubens pass", show him your talent would ever have happened?

Truth. If a #2 was good enough to beat a #1 he had to at the time , shut off his radio. Famous words " Let him pass! " Ross and Todt sure as hell gave Shumy his # I agree , it's all about being allowed to use all your talent. Not being held back and reminded your getting paid. More so than earning a #, Rubens for sure earned his pay.
    Its one thing when you orders come over a headset...Its another when your behind the wheel and your foot is on the gas pedal. Teams orders may mean one thing, but your out there to race. Vettel/Webber......Nico/Lewis......Prost/Senna...and possibly Ricci/Max.......must I go on???????

The dynamic between drivers within a team & between a driver & the team principal has for sure changed over the years, even recent years. Questioning team orders has become somewhat commonplace of late & consequences for disobeying are not so severe now. Haven't really researched this, it is just my perception or gut feeling more than any particular instances.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Its one thing when you orders come over a headset...Its another when your behind the wheel and your foot is on the gas pedal. Teams orders may mean one thing, but your out there to race. Vettel/Webber......Nico/Lewis......Prost/Senna...and possibly Ricci/Max.......must I go on???????
    You left out Austria 2002???? Webber giving up the nose to Seb. ???? Behind the wheel, foot on the gas pedal meant what??? Damn that headset!

No tyre problem in Vettel crash Feb. 16,2017

Paul Hembery has denied an early flaw with Pirelli's 2017 tyres may already have been uncovered.

In 2013, F1's official supplier came under a bright spotlight when several tyres 'exploded' during the British grand prix.

Pirelli's Mario Isola said this week: "The incident at Silverstone was a single episode, the cause was identified and we fixed the problem in seven days."

But now, Pirelli has developed tyres that will have to go through corners up to 40kph faster, to accompany the radical aerodynamic rule changes for 2017.

Last week at Ferrari's own Fiorano circuit, Sebastian Vettel was testing the 2017 rain tyres when he slid into a barrier at speed.

Pirelli F1 chief Paul Hembery told the German broadcaster RTL: "It was very cold on that day -- it was extremely abnormal conditions that made testing very difficult and delicate.

"It was only 4 degrees, which is unusual," he added.

Asked if the tyre had suffered a problem, Hembery answered: "Again, to get the tyres to work in those temperatures is the problem."

source: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35769.html

No tyre problem in Vettel crash Feb. 16,2017

Paul Hembery has denied an early flaw with Pirelli's 2017 tyres may already have been uncovered.

In 2013, F1's official supplier came under a bright spotlight when several tyres 'exploded' during the British grand prix.

Pirelli's Mario Isola said this week: "The incident at Silverstone was a single episode, the cause was identified and we fixed the problem in seven days."

But now, Pirelli has developed tyres that will have to go through corners up to 40kph faster, to accompany the radical aerodynamic rule changes for 2017.

Last week at Ferrari's own Fiorano circuit, Sebastian Vettel was testing the 2017 rain tyres when he slid into a barrier at speed.

Pirelli F1 chief Paul Hembery told the German broadcaster RTL: "It was very cold on that day -- it was extremely abnormal conditions that made testing very difficult and delicate.

"It was only 4 degrees, which is unusual," he added.

Asked if the tyre had suffered a problem, Hembery answered: "Again, to get the tyres to work in those temperatures is the problem."

source: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35769.html
    So, in true Trump fashion, he didn't answer the question

So, in true Trump fashion, he didn't answer the question
    +1...You never get a definite answer with this guy. It was like that at Silverstone when they kept blowing up. He should have stayed quiet. Only to find out that the tyres were put on the wrong way on the rim. Vettel was on full wets when the crash in the barrier happened so it MIGHT have been a downforce issue ala hydroplanning but I digress.

+1...You never get a definite answer with this guy. It was like that at Silverstone when they kept blowing up. He should have stayed quiet. Only to find out that the tyres were put on the wrong way on the rim. Vettel was on full wets when the crash in the barrier happened so it MIGHT have been a downforce issue ala hydroplanning but I digress.
    To be fair, Pirelli only provides the tyres FIA wanted. I'd love to see Michelin back

To be fair, Pirelli only provides the tyres FIA wanted. I'd love to see Michelin back
    yes and maybe yes, just did'nt like the way they exited the sport. I agree that F1 is in constant flux but they did'nt see it that way; " to make planning for the future completely impossible"

yes and maybe yes, just did'nt like the way they exited the sport. I agree that F1 is in constant flux but they did'nt see it that way; " to make planning for the future completely impossible"
    Me neither, but that was what, 10 years ago? The concept they pitched when they tried to comeback in 2015 was very appealing

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119541

Me neither, but that was what, 10 years ago? The concept they pitched when they tried to comeback in 2015 was very appealing

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119541
    I remember that.....Bernie and I guess the rest of teams were'nt buying it. Pirelli has been " satisfactory" with the demands of the constant change in F1 even though they have had their issues. They are willing to deal with the "headaches" of F1. That says alot about an organization. This year will be telling from a tyre perspective as cars are looking at dropping 3 to 5sec. off quali., several GP venues have been resurfaced, and downforce as well. So tyre stategy will be important as it has always been but now how long will the ultra, super, softs, intermediates last.

I remember that.....Bernie and I guess the rest of teams were'nt buying it. Pirelli has been " satisfactory" with the demands of the constant change in F1 even though they have had their issues. They are willing to deal with the "headaches" of F1. That says alot about an organization. This year will be telling from a tyre perspective as cars are looking at dropping 3 to 5sec. off quali., several GP venues have been resurfaced, and downforce as well. So tyre stategy will be important as it has always been but now how long will the ultra, super, softs, intermediates last.
    Melbourne can't come soon enough!

Melbourne can't come soon enough!

Yes only to be canonized by this guy:

Attachment 6878