Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1398

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Very true. Millions of reasons to be team oriented , you don't " bite the hand that feeds you ! " Meanwhile over @ Merc it's the team that has to go easy on Lewis, look what he's done so far with the car he complains about. WDC, WCC, makes it all worth while both for driver and the team as a whole. It ain't over yet, but there moving along pretty strong. Why would they rock the " Lewis Boat" now? Meanwhile it may very well be the turn around 1/2 for Seb , Charles, and Ferrari. A few 1, 2 position starts for Ferrari and let R Bull take car of Merc to keep them back.
    Easier said then done mate, not only did we start with a much slower car this year, but going by past seasons our in season developments in the second half have not been that great....

I would very much like to see ferrari getting back to winning ways with a bunch of 1-2’s and Merc to be battling it out with Red bulls, but that is hardly believable....more then likely if Honda brings more power to its engines will be the battle between Max and Hamster.....as they have a pretty strong chassis

Sad but true I know...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Easier said then done mate, not only did we start with a much slower car this year, but going by past seasons our in season developments in the second half have not been that great....

I would very much like to see ferrari getting back to winning ways with a bunch of 1-2’s and Merc to be battling it out with Red bulls, but that is hardly believable....more then likely if Honda brings more power to its engines will be the battle between Max and Hamster.....as they have a pretty strong chassis

Sad but true I know...
    Yes, that's my worry too that Hungary will be a Max and Ham show with possibly Seb and Charles in there for as long as they can work their tyres and stay on track, it's pretty twisty and no long straights, but the car is better than a few races ago so there may be some hope. I always said that Honda engine would come good and with the RB chassis on this kind of track, Merc should be almost as worried as Ferrari!

Very true. Millions of reasons to be team oriented , you don't " bite the hand that feeds you ! " Meanwhile over @ Merc it's the team that has to go easy on Lewis, look what he's done so far with the car he complains about. WDC, WCC, makes it all worth while both for driver and the team as a whole. It ain't over yet, but there moving along pretty strong. Why would they rock the " Lewis Boat" now? Meanwhile it may very well be the turn around 1/2 for Seb , Charles, and Ferrari. A few 1, 2 position starts for Ferrari and let R Bull take car of Merc to keep them back.
    With a car like the Mercedes, it doesn't matter who's behind the wheel. Even Barichello in top form could beat Schumacher's record.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Seb and Charles in there for as long as they can work their tyres and stay on track, it's pretty twisty and no long straights, but the car is better than a few races ago so there may be some hope.-E
    Let's work on that and maybe our boys have the momentum now. As you say the car is getting better and maybe it will be a really hot track on Sunday.
    Ham and Toto were really rattled on Sunday all we need is a good quali to get them really worried.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    With a car like the Mercedes, it doesn't matter who's behind the wheel. Even Barichello in top form could beat Schumacher's record.
    Not if the midjet bum and Ross are ruining , I mean running Merc. And I have to just go along with you on that, a car like the Merc even in Lewis' hands , the GOAT is a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Baku was a racers instinct to go for it, Germany just a lottery of the rain, France fair enough his error, Monza just a racing incident they do happen even to the best. 9 times out of 10 it's Lewis getting spun round at Monza.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Who are you to lay judgement to any of our drivers? That is only for the management of this team to do so.
    What is enough or not enough is not for you, me or anyone for that matter to say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Keep crying the car was not quick enough. It was just Seb who overdrove the car, just to keep up with the much faster Mercedes...

Where is chinmay? Maybe he knows whats going on with Seb vettel.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Where is chinmay? Maybe he knows whats going on with Seb vettel.
    Oh, his idol.....lololol
    I tell you what’s happening to him.....he’s ready to start his pension collection.....he’s DONE in F1.....the new kid on the block is showing him how it’s done.....and poor Seb has absolutely no answer for it

I wish you happy retirement Seb.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

for all of sebastian's many (undeserved) drivers titles, his many races (and many crashes), his most stand out performance was a wet race in a torro rosso.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDelinger View Post
    for all of sebastian's many (undeserved) drivers titles, his many races (and many crashes), his most stand out performance was a wet race in a torro rosso.
    With that I have to agree with you
    He took pole position in the wet that year and won the 4ace....

But as far as titles won, he surely did not deserve these 4 titles, at least the 2010 and 2012 one when Alonso in a much more mediocre car almost beat him to it......it was all compliments of Newey building him a rocket

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    With that I have to agree with you
    He took pole position in the wet that year and won the 4ace....

But as far as titles won, he surely did not deserve these 4 titles, at least the 2010 and 2012 one when Alonso in a much more mediocre car almost beat him to it......it was all compliments of Newey building him a rocket
    Keep talking crap. Alonso lost the title in 2010, 2012 because of his mistakes. Vettel, Alonso both deserved their titles, end of the story... Each driver has is flaws, and weaknesses.

Again you with your anti Seb propaganta. I cant take you serious no more. We should support our driver even more in this difficult times. Dont believe you are even a Ferrari fan...

Its a shame that here they are more hate posts, than on a autosport forum.

Vettel has already lost the trust of Ferrari fans and will never regain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    ^this.......said it time and time again..........

Keep talking crap. Alonso lost the title in 2010, 2012 because of his mistakes. Vettel, Alonso both deserved their titles, end of the story... Each driver has is flaws, and weaknesses.

Again you with your anti Seb propaganta. I cant take you serious no more. We should support our driver even more in this difficult times. Dont believe you are even a Ferrari fan...

Its a shame that here they are more hate posts, than on a autosport forum.
    for Vet to shine, he needs a rocket of a car

on the other hand, Alonso took that 2012 car which was a mule pretty much in comparison to red bull and Mclaren that year and put in places that IT did NOT deserve.....ALL BECAUSE OF HIS TALENT....something Vettel lacks big time, especially as of late.....he CANNOT RACE WHEEL TO WHEEL...he spins like a ballerina doing 360's even when nobody is touching him,like we saw in Monza.....

surely Alo has made some mistakes while driving for Ferrari, but if he had the car that Vet had all those years, i betcha dollars to donuts taht he whould have won the WDC WAY, WAY before the end of season....maybe with 5-6 races to spare....

i am FIRST AND FOREMOST a ferrari fan, drivers come and go.....for me WCC comes first....when i see a good driver i appreciate it, and alonso is one of them....vettel somehow is on the bottom of my list

Just watched 2010 F1 seasons highlights from BBC. Jesus Vettel truly didnt belong to Alonso/Hamilton tier (perhaps even Button).

That RB was so quick yet it took Vettel entire season to actually win with that monster. Even Webber was hot on his heels...

Poor Alonso got absolute average car to a photo finish. Im afraid Leclerc will destroy Vettel till the end of the season...

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Just watched 2010 F1 seasons highlights from BBC. Jesus Vettel truly didnt belong to Alonso/Hamilton tier (perhaps even Button).

That RB was so quick yet it took Vettel entire season to actually win with that monster. Even Webber was hot on his heels...

Poor Alonso got absolute average car to a photo finish. Im afraid Leclerc will destroy Vettel till the end of the season...
    Seb lost at least 62 point that year because of reliability issues, cant forget that. It wouldnt be even close, lost the win in Australia, Korea, lost the win in Bahrain...

Alonso made critical mistakes in Monaco, Spa, Silverstone, wasnt flawless.

Leclerc isnt that quicker, Seb in still quicker in race-pace wise, just made to many mistakes. But he will come back, soon I am sure. This is why I hate gloryhunters fans, they just support one driver in good days, when he has some bad days, they just go supporting other driver and starting to hate the previous. This is a disgrace.

I cant forget Sebs contribution to the developement of the car, staying up late to help his engineers, I am sure the car wouldnt be that fast if he wasnt there.

I am also sad, that I see soo much hate on this Ferrari forum, for our own driver. Just the negativity, and always the same members.

We would all be happy to see Seb win in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    As long as I don't like his last performances, this is not a statement that one can make unless in Ferrari management.
    More likely this is a projection of feelings.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

My translation of Marko's c analogy which he seems right on the money with is, in Seb's sub conscious he's no longer sure of having any real cause to worry about his results, his pay is astronomical regardless of results. And he's looking at another year if he chooses with similar pay if not the same. His mistakes were still okay with the pay. I don't hold that against him or any other driver for that matter. He showed results @ R Bull and that did it for him.
    That is not what Helmut means. Not in the slightest.
    What he means is that Seb feels rattled, he sees Charles performing quite well, he feels that his #1 status is (at the very least) challenged. Also, it's a vicious cycle, he tries to improve, he fails, that puts stress to him, Charles only gets better; He tries to improve, he fails.. Italian press is crucifying him (with good reason), pressure piles up.
    The more he fails to deliver, the worse this will get for him.
    Last edited by aroutis; 13th September 2019 at 09:54.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Nothing is going on with Sebastian Vettel. He also has a life.

1. Ferrari as a team with their poor management and race strategy cost him many wins in all this years. 13 wins he got could have been much more with this help. Which caused a reaction of bad-energy, frustration.

2. Needed a crucial help of the team in crucial moments in 2017,2018, they didnt know anything, the mainly very unreliable car in the second part of the 2017 season cost him the fight for the title.

3. He and Kimi all had to do by themselves, doing the thinking for the team.

4. Seb always had the pace, its just that one car suits one driver more than others. 2015,2017 (A rear stable car) suits Seb much more as the 2019 the car. A shame that Ferrari couldnt deliver in this department.

5. He has 3 children, a major factor, which cost him some of the speed. People who have children, know how much of a factor this is.

6. He massively helped his team with development, I am sure if he wasnt there, the car would have been slower.

7. The pressure is massive from the Ferrari and Italian media, Michael was the only one who could manage that. Ferrari is a dream-crasher for top drivers (Alonso, Vettel, Kimi, many more). I see Leclerc in the same spot as Seb in few years time, only if miracle happens they could have a dominant car. Otherwise I even see RBR winning the title sooner as we.

8. Every man has its weakness, we all just human, not robots.

9. Seb is still the only man who could fight for the title with Hamilton and Mercedes in this new-hibrid era.

10. He will always be our 4 time world champion, and a legend in my eyes.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 13th September 2019 at 12:35.

My problem with "he doesn't like the car" is that :

1) Its a total cop-out, which makes any comparison between drivers impossible
    2) It assumes drivers that is even slightly down on their team mate in raw pace - like with Ric and Leclerc, has car that doesn't suit him because he CANNOT be slower, which makes 0 sense

9. Seb is still the only man who could fight for the title with Hamilton and Mercedes in this new-hibrid era.

Cheers.
    9. It's Charles with two wins and holding Merc back @ Monza.
    10. Seb's 4x WDCs were won against Ferrari. He was the enemy at the time. That's not " Our 4x WDC " ! Seb get's $50 million to win for Ferrari not a bonus for his former success in the enemy car @ R Bull. If Seb is Charles' incentive to excel by winning for Ferrari, I hope Seb stays. No wins is really bad, he's no 1st. year rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    My problem with "he doesn't like the car" is that :

1) Its a total cop-out, which makes any comparison between drivers impossible
    2) It assumes drivers that is even slightly down on their team mate in raw pace - like with Ric and Leclerc, has car that doesn't suit him because he CANNOT be slower, which makes 0 sense
    "he doesn't like the car" is a desperate attempt to belittle other driver's achievement. When Vettel beats his teammates then it's all because of Vettel, but when get's beaten then it's the car's fault, has nothing to do with Lec/Ric's driving better or them being better driver than Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    We would all be happy to see Seb win in Singapore.
    I'd rather Charles wins in Singapore.
    Silently, like a shadow

5. He has 3 children, a major factor, which cost him some of the speed. People who have children, know how much of a factor this is.

if it's his concern, maybe he shouldn't be racing then? it was Rosberg's concern and he quit
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I'd rather Charles wins in Singapore.
    I prefer Ferrari to come first not Mercedes.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

When Charles wins @ Singapore so does Ferrari and not Merc.

1. Ferrari as a team with their poor management and race strategy cost him many wins in all this years. 13 wins he got could have been much more with this help. Which caused a reaction of bad-energy, frustration.

2. Needed a crucial help of the team in crucial moments in 2017,2018, they didnt know anything, the mainly very unreliable car in the second part of the 2017 season cost him the fight for the title.

3. He and Kimi all had to do by themselves, doing the thinking for the team.

4. Seb always had the pace, its just that one car suits one driver more than others. 2015,2017 (A rear stable car) suits Seb much more as the 2019 the car. A shame that Ferrari couldnt deliver in this department.

6. He massively helped his team with development, I am sure if he wasnt there, the car would have been slower.

7. The pressure is massive from the Ferrari and Italian media, Michael was the only one who could manage that. Ferrari is a dream-crasher for top drivers (Alonso, Vettel, Kimi, many more). I see Leclerc in the same spot as Seb in few years time, only if miracle happens they could have a dominant car. Otherwise I even see RBR winning the title sooner as we.

8. Every man has its weakness, we all just human, not robots.

Cheers.
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. The fact is that when we had Alonso, he took the title to the last race in cars that were far behind what vettel had in 2017 and especially in 2018. Vettel due to his constant mistakes did not manage to do that in either year.
    As for having children, Schumacher had children too, didn't seem to slow him down.