Thread: How an F1 car works | James Allison explains the Mercedes W10

How an F1 car works | James Allison explains the Mercedes W10

Yes not Ferrari. But this great video to watch. Especially for learning about how aero is used

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Traitor Allison

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Traitor Allison
    I feel the same but he did have personal reasons at the time for deserting Ferrari and returning to the UK. Interesting to hear his explanation of the minefield of aerodynamics, though, thanks Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I feel the same but he did have personal reasons at the time for deserting Ferrari and returning to the UK. Interesting to hear his explanation of the minefield of aerodynamics, though, thanks Rob.
    meh, personal reasons aside, the way he made use of insider knowledge to whine to the FIA regarding the battery issues makes him forever in my opinion a yellow turncoat of worthless value.

The team went out of its way to help him while his wife died and then he turns around and goes to the worst rival and starts engaging in industrial sabotage on us. No thanks.

At least Stepney (R.I.P.) helped us win plenty of titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The team went out of its way to help him while his wife died and then he turns around and goes to the worst rival and starts engaging in industrial sabotage on us. No thanks.

At least Stepney (R.I.P.) helped us win plenty of titles.
    It was poor timing just as Ferrari appeared to be making real progress with Allison and I quite agree that industrial sabotage/espionage when he went to Merc was on the cards, so I do believe that he probably acted against his former team in a very unsporting manner and helped Merc to achieve what they have, at Ferrari's expense.