Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1398

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I cant forget Sebs contribution to the developement of the car, staying up late to help his engineers, I am sure the car wouldnt be that fast if he wasnt there.
    By all accounts, Kimi was rated far higher in that regard than vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    By all accounts, Kimi was rated far higher in that regard than vettel.
    Really?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Really?
    Indeed. I have actually quite often read positive information on Kimi's feedback. I don't remember reading anything like that regarding vettel. That said, I think the difference between drivers in feedback is extremely small and is not the main reason behind a team's success or lack of success.

For example, from 2017 autosport article on him (The Kimi Enigma - Autosport 24th August 2017), I bring two quotes (there are more, but I am too lazy to find more at this time of the night :) )

- Michelin describe him as the best test driver that they have worked with. His consistency on different compounds and awareness is exceptional.

- His feedback is described as exceptional. He could detect problems with McLaren's traction control. Mark Slade said he never worked with a driver with that level of sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    Indeed. I have actually quite often read positive information on Kimi's feedback. I don't remember reading anything like that regarding vettel. That said, I think the difference between drivers in feedback is extremely small and is not the main reason behind a team's success or lack of success.

For example, from 2017 autosport article on him (The Kimi Enigma - Autosport 24th August 2017), I bring two quotes (there are more, but I am too lazy to find more at this time of the night :) )

- Michelin describe him as the best test driver that they have worked with. His consistency on different compounds and awareness is exceptional.

- His feedback is described as exceptional. He could detect problems with McLaren's traction control. Mark Slade said he never worked with a driver with that level of sensitivity.
    Thanks fratello

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Thanks fratello
    His feeling of the car is legendary. And yes, contrary to what people may think, he actually works with the engineers and provides a lot of input to them.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    I prefer Ferrari to come first not Mercedes.
    err... charles is Ferrari dude. He wins, we win.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    I prefer Ferrari to come first not Mercedes.
    I would have thought that was a given for a ferrari fan.

Forza Jules

Too many RPMs !

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    We would all be happy to see Seb win in Singapore.

He's had a few shockers and he knows it. Monza was really bad, that's an understatement. Hopefully this is going to be a gamechanger for him because really, he's still capable of winning the WDC in the right car for sure. It might be hard with Charles as team mate, but to be honest, where we're at now, it's the perfect pairing now that Charles has proved he's got the pace to do big things consistently. That way we know we have two absolute elite drivers in our stable. Sure, Seb may be error-prone and whatever, but he still often produces great race pace and the odd qualifying stunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    He's had a few shockers and he knows it. Monza was really bad, that's an understatement. Hopefully this is going to be a gamechanger for him because really, he's still capable of winning the WDC in the right car for sure. It might be hard with Charles as team mate, but to be honest, where we're at now, it's the perfect pairing now that Charles has proved he's got the pace to do big things consistently. That way we know we have two absolute elite drivers in our stable. Sure, Seb may be error-prone and whatever, but he still often produces great race pace and the odd qualifying stunner.
    At least some of us haven't entirely given up on Seb, I was pleased that he won today under whatever circumstances may be deemed to have been unfair to Charles. Both drove great controlled races and I'm as big a fan of Charles as most of us seem to be, but I don't believe there was any other team motive in Singapore other than trying to deliver a Ferrari 1-2, and it worked. For that we should be ecstatic and grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    At least some of us haven't entirely given up on Seb, I was pleased that he won today under whatever circumstances may be deemed to have been unfair to Charles. Both drove great controlled races and I'm as big a fan of Charles as most of us seem to be, but I don't believe there was any other team motive in Singapore other than trying to deliver a Ferrari 1-2, and it worked. For that we should be ecstatic and grateful!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Great race by our drivers today. Seb really needed this morale boost. CL has been as amazing as he has been since the break.

Seb didnt redeem himself today. He was good, but still started on 2nd row. He is paid as much as Hamilton, but he is in reality not there, and that is what is expected of him. I am glad he got some confidence back, but I cant see this continuing since Leclerc will pull bigger margines on other tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Seb didnt redeem himself today. He was good, but still started on 2nd row. He is paid as much as Hamilton, but he is in reality not there, and that is what is expected of him. I am glad he got some confidence back, but I cant see this continuing since Leclerc will pull bigger margines on other tracks.
    Charles will pull big margins only if the team allows him to. This could get ugly. I hope Charles is strong enough to maximize his strong winning ways and not be disappointed by any team preferences used against him. The Ferrari 1,2 a miracle is a come true! And a win for Seb ! As far as who's on first with Ferrari, let the better man win it each race. Taking pole
    and beating the hell out of Lewis ; and Charles finishing 2nd. place ? Also it allowed Max to catch up to him @ 200 pts,. each. Mec off the podium was a great relief for sure.
    Last edited by Brembo; 24th September 2019 at 05:00.

Here is a complete compilation of Vettels spins, I am dizzy from watching it - its missing some spins from his Red Bull career and also the latest spins for Ferrari from the previous races.

Still a pretty good job by the video maker, to almost remember them all. I knew Seb has a tendency to loose the rear, but never thought it happened this often.
    I almost forgot he was close to spinning away multiple WDC titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L42zsILN9Vs
    Last edited by Lesky; 25th September 2019 at 09:48.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Here is a complete compilation of Vettels spins, I am dizzy from watching it - its missing some spins from his Red Bull career and also the latest spins for Ferrari from the previous races.

Still a pretty good job by the video maker, to almost remember them all. I knew Seb has a tendency to loose the rear, but never thought it happened this often.
    I almost forgot he was close to spinning away multiple WDC titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L42zsILN9Vs
    That’s why he’s aquired the nickname ballerina.....maybe he should have went into dancing or figure skating...lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    That’s why he’s aquired the nickname ballerina.....maybe he should have went into dancing or figure skating...lol
    What a plonker you are. What have you achieved lately? Nothing you should go to the moaning competition,you would probably win that one.. Everyone is different and this what makes drivers and f1 soo interesting.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 25th September 2019 at 12:58.

What a plonker you are. What have you achieved lately? Nothing you should go to the moaning competition,you would probably win that one.. Everyone is different and this what makes drivers and f1 soo interesting.
    I couldn’t care less who drives for our beloved Ferrari team, so long as both drivers contribute at bringing in good points to snatch that WCC trophy....

If our drivers put on a epic show weather be one or the other, then I surely praise them for it with good comments....on the other hand if the totally mess up with mistakes aster mistakes, then I also make sure that I’m criticize them...

So now you get my point why I dislike Vettel....he’s done way too many mistakes for the last 2 years as well as not being able to match his younge teammate this year....and this my friend is unacceptable coming from a 4 x wdc....period....oh and not to mention that he prolly makes 10 times the money Charles is given....

So for me the TEAM comes first as well as the WCC....
    Drivers come and go....Ferrari F1 team will be iconic for life....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

You can not bash members. Or drivers. Or hijack every single thread
    I grow tired of it
    See you Sunday
    Everybody please follow the rules
    Last edited by Tifoso; 25th September 2019 at 14:53.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

great race from team ferrari

(side note on seb race craft, seb put his car in a position to be taken out by gasly...that might work a few times but its going to end badly at sometime and cost points)

This is ridiculous!

Vettel is an actor!

Vettel should be sacked!

Charles very mature in post-race interview and didn't lay into Seb, maybe there was a bit of both at fault although it looked like Seb moved towards Charles, but it was such a light touch that they were both unlucky to sustain that damage. Doesn't alter the fact that to most of us it was avoidable and largely looked to be Seb's fault. He must answer his critics and face up to the responsibility of being a team player.

Charles very mature in post-race interview and didn't lay into Seb, maybe there was a bit of both at fault although it looked like Seb moved towards Charles, but it was such a light touch that they were both unlucky to sustain that damage. Doesn't alter the fact that to most of us it was avoidable and largely looked to be Seb's fault. He must answer his critics and face up to the responsibility of being a team player.
    https://abload.de/img/ezgif.com-video-to-giyxklw.gif

I love Seb as a person but he has to go. Imagine if this happened when fighting for the win miles ahead of the others. Could easily happen next year.