Page 1 of 47 12345678910111213141526 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

After half a season gone he is outscored by his teammate and two Redbull drivers (Max gets 9 more points than Sebastian counting from Spain to Silverstone).
    Somebody could said (Greg) it is down to bad luck, but there has been also lot of Sebastians mistakes, just two in last race- spin, and dangerously pushing Massa out of track and gets a penatly, outbreakes himself in Canada and loses shut to attack Lewis for win...

Last days all talked about Kimi and should we stick with him as number two driver or find another, but my question is should we stick with Sebastian as number one driver or push for another?
    There are certainly fue drivers who can perform better than Sebastian, Alonso is one of them and is available. We all know Alonso was doing miracles in inferior car (Sebastian is far from miracles), should Ferrari get him back?

No. Build VET a car that doesn't need a new gearbox every weekend for a start! Give Seb a good car, he'll do the business.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    No. Build VET a car that doesn't need a new gearbox every weekend for a start! Give Seb a good car, he'll do the business.
    Yes he will do the business if he does not spin, outbrake, lost first wing, get a penalty....
    You need to give him a Mercedes or any other superior car and he will win.

Alonso had also a bad race. Ferrari drivers are always under big pressure. Seb is no exception plus he is getting a bit frustrated. At the start of the season he was full of hope to challenge Mercedes but as races go by he starts to realize its unreal and even his former team is beating him. Just give Kimi and Seb a better car and than comllain if they fail yo deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    After half a season gone he is outscored by his teammate and two Redbull drivers (Max gets 9 more points than Sebastian counting from Spain to Silverstone).
    Somebody could said (Greg) it is down to bad luck, but there has been also lot of Sebastians mistakes, just two in last race- spin, and dangerously pushing Massa out of track and gets a penatly, outbreakes himself in Canada and loses shut to attack Lewis for win...

Last days all talked about Kimi and should we stick with him as number two driver or find another, but my question is should we stick with Sebastian as number one driver or push for another?
    There are certainly fue drivers who can perform better than Sebastian, Alonso is one of them and is available. We all know Alonso was doing miracles in inferior car (Sebastian is far from miracles), should Ferrari get him back?
    Being out scored by your teammate who happens to be a Ferrari Champion and two Redbulls who have a better car since Spain than Ferraris is not a disaster.

Also, he and Kimi both lost tons of points, close to average 30 points each due to poor reliability and stupid strategies over this season. Without losing so much points, they both would be miles clear of Ric & Ves as well as RBR in WCC.

Things literally have gone out of control beyond the fault of the drivers. The car and race operations are the problem at the moment.

Btw, Alonso had 360 degree spin unable to control his 'slow car'- that saved him from clouting the barriers. In a somewhat faster car like Ferrari, his spin would have totalled the car big time. So no, Alonso's days are over for Ferrari.

Far from doing miracles in a slow car, Alonso is busy making trips to the barrier unable to control it.... and risking everyone around him, including himself multiple times.
    Last edited by GreenTree; 11th July 2016 at 07:01.

I think you are overreacting. Honestly. This car is........, well how to put nicely and not to get banned?! As someone said before me, give him, or any one decent, I am deliberate saying decent nor superior car, and you'll see the results.

I'm sorry but get a grip 3,4,2,2,retired and 9th are his results from last 6 races. Take into account he was on for a podium before his tyre blow out in the last race and I'd say he's done pretty much as good as we can expect given how average our car is. Losing out to the red bulls isn't surprising they have a faster car. Sheesh some of you need to stop and put those brain cells to use before making knee jerk threads. Yh his race wasn't great but frankly nobody raced amazingly yesterday, verstappen, Hamilton and ric all went off multiple times. The five place grid penalty doesn't help either with our fragile gearbox.

You need a competitive car before you start shaking up driver line ups. The drivers aren't the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    You need a competitive car before you start shaking up driver line ups. The drivers aren't the issue.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTree View Post
    Being out scored by your teammate who happens to be a Ferrari Champion and two Redbulls who have a better car since Spain than Ferraris is not a disaster.

Also, he and Kimi both lost tons of points, close to average 30 points each due to poor reliability and stupid strategies over this season. Without losing so much points, they both would be miles clear of Ric & Ves as well as RBR in WCC.

Things literally have gone out of control beyond the fault of the drivers. The car and race operations are the problem at the moment.

Btw, Alonso had 360 degree spin unable to control his 'slow car'- that saved him from clouting the barriers. In a somewhat faster car like Ferrari, his spin would have totalled the car big time. So no, Alonso's days are over for Ferrari.

Far from doing miracles in a slow car, Alonso is busy making trips to the barrier unable to control it.... and risking everyone around him, including himself multiple times.

I agree most of your thoughts, and I think we had a really bad luck in Silverstone, because that Ericsson crash in FP3, it took 20 minutes and I believe that was a disaster for us, because trend has been, that fridays we are not good, but in saturdays we take a jump, we get settings right, but now we lost that 20 minutes. Someone wrote that Ferrari is a really good car, but it has one big problem, that is very small operating window with settings, and I have to believe that, because we get things right usually end of FP3.
    Kimi said that problem in Silverstone was poor downforce and wind, but I do not think so, car is good, but difficult to get settings right, but when they are right, then we fight for wins. And I am sure we gonna see that in future races, when there is no problems in friday and saturday.
    Just how I see things at the moment.

Also, we have almost every race Fastest Lap at least for a moment, you can not do fastest laps with slow car, so we have a good car, and we gonna see that...

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Also, we have almost every race Fastest Lap at least for a moment, you can not do fastest laps with slow car, so we have a good car, and we gonna see that...
    Sorry I saw yesterday fastest lap by Felipe Nasr at one point.

Frankly the car and the strategy have been the problem at Ferrari this year. Seb has been a little underperforming lately, even in that with the tire blowing when he pitted he would have came out in 7th or 8th so he wouldn't have been a real threat. But his form isn't something that we must dwell upon, he had a good race in Baku, and it is normal to have ups and downs. I have not lost any faith in him or Kimi for that matter.
    Why did we have so good strategy in 2015 and now we are the worst on the grid in that department ? Why did we have the fastest pit crew in 2015 and now everybody is talking about Williams( we are not bad but we lost a bit here as well) ? Why are RBR able to improve so much and we are not ? Why are we not on par with the Mercs engine like everybody at Ferrari told us we will ? Why are we a midfield team in terms of chassis/aero ?
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 11th July 2016 at 09:21.

I really must agree Kimi is doing a good job this year. Even though he's not been on podium consistently he's finishing near to his team mate. That's good for WCC.
    For Seb, wooo somebody is complaining abt him. Wow it's ridiculous. He had one DNS, 3 gear box penalties, 1 crash & bad strategy calls. He's currently 5th in championship with all those above things.
    Daniel ric finished all the races, doesn't have any reliability issues. He's is in 4th. Now tell me if Seb wouldn't have bad luck, doesn't he finish on the podium consistently???? I'n that place we r seeing Max ves, that's it.
    We have a car that is very fragile, it doesn't work in all conditions & also in what conditions it does work even engineers donno that's stage Ferrari is in.
    First build the good car then give it to our drivers, rest they will show it on track.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Sorry I saw yesterday fastest lap by Felipe Nasr at one point.
    Okey, abnormal conditions this could happen, like yesterday, wet/dry race, but you do not see Sauber doing fastest laps in normal conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTree View Post

What a tons of rubbish about Alonso. Almost everybody had a moment in 1st corner. He was pusshing behind Massa. He didn't risk anybody's life.

Alonso was outscored by Button last year. Of drivers at Silverstone he made the biggest mistake in the race. Good riddance....

Nothing much wrong with Vettel he is probably over driving the car to make up for it's problems. Not sure I would use Kimi being ahead of him as a massive issue. Losing 5 places for gearbox is not helping when you have to start in the middle of the pack and yesterday we were pretty unlucky with the VSC.
    Forza Ferrari

Of course Vettel will be getting frustrated and angry with all the penalties, crashes, reliability issues and exploding tyres this year, quite understandable, and he is probably trying too hard to make up for these issues. He has made a few errors as a result, but if he'd finished more often it would be a different story and he'd be ahead of Kimi and much closer to the Mercs. No disrespect to Kimi, he's doing OK for an oldie.

Sebastian Vettel's points have less to do with Sebastian Vettel and more to do with a blown turbo, two garbage transmissions, and an exploding tire.

Disappointed Since 2010

I think the proper question should be "what is going on with Ferrari's car development" because the SF-16H still looks like launch-spec.

Mercedes is long gone, its now all about keeping Red Bull at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Mercedes is long gone, its now all about keeping Red Bull at bay.
    Unfortunately I see a very strong challenge from Bulls, Renault still have few tokens left & we know their aero upgrades are second to none. Hungary will be a strong track from them, I see us getting the honours back in Monza & Spa

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Alonso was outscored by Button last year. Of drivers at Silverstone he made the biggest mistake in the race. Good riddance....
    maybe Mclaren were out to sabotage his season, oh wait that was 2007

The title of the thread should be "what's going on with the car?"
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    The title of the thread should be "what's going on with the car?"
    Exactly!

Vettel's luck has been rotten this year. Way too many reliability issues or incidents that were beyond his control.

Nothing. Slow car. Bad luck.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Seb is pushing to hard given the car he has.. He wants to win in the worst way and that is why he is making a few mistakes.

As for Seb not being the best driver, that's almost funny.. Given equal cars, Seb is probably the most consistent driver in F1, that is he can lay down exactly the same fastest lap, over and over again, the only person close to him is Hamilton but unlike Hamilton, Seb's focus can 't be broken whereas Hamilton when pushed to the limit is prone to emotional outburst. Alonso, is super fast, but not consistent, lap after lap after lap and he is very emotional and can get very flustered unlike Seb. Fernando is almost done racing, Seb is 29.. Ferrari would be stupid to change anything other than improving the car.

President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    ^exactly this...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

You are out of your goddamn mind if you think there is something wrong with Vettel. The drivers should be the least of anyone's worries right now. And Vettel is the only part of this team that seems to be working at the highest level with an utmost consistency as well. Frankly it's disappointing how the fans forget the races and conditions so quickly, only to remember/look up the results and come to the weirdest conclusions. It's infuriating.

This sort of stupidity is why I've given up on this forum.