Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313243 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    I didn't think that he lost his cool on sunday. I think it was a racing incident, all drivers guilty to some point. So yeah lets see what Seb's made of when it comes to hunting Hamilton down without making any errors.
    Sounds good! Seb must at all costs avoid hunting Lewis anywhere near Verstappen. Lewis I believe already knows to avoid the boy.

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    Here we go again, somebody will call me a Vettel hater, but I am just saying the facts.

After stupidity of running in to Hamilton and lose a victory in Azerbaijan, this time Vettel has "run into" to Verstapen and lost another victory, 1-2 finish and probably a title. Thats 68 points just because of his stupidity! If there wasnt this mistakes he would lead a championship by some margine and Ferrari would still be a championship contender, now -100 points is too much!
    If we add lost points from last season when he run in to Raikkonen (2 times), he lost over 100 points in two seasons!!

Vettel has the pace but he has no brain! And Ferrari did big mistake giving him a new contract! He has always been a crash kid and he will always be!

Watch this and say your opinion:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPuyooS0QqY
    Brate moj. Cmon you really have no business on this forum, because your Vettel hate is just unbelievable. You just point out his weakness as a Ferrari fan but you never tell us that he is a very fast driver. On his day he is unstoppable and has amazing race pace with great overtaking skills. But you just cant stop this hate, its really ridiculous. From Spa 2010 to Singapore 2017 he had just maybe 3 crashes that was his fault. This 3 crashes are Singapore 2017, Malaysia 2016, Baku 2017 and thats it.. Hamilton made many more mistakes even with a dominant car, Spain 2016, Monza 2010, that last lap crash in 2009 (Monza), Singapore 2010, Monza 2010, Monaco 2011, Spa 2011. Soo if anybody is a crash kid that it Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Brate moj. Cmon you really have no business on this forum, because your Vettel hate is just unbelievable. You just point out his weakness as a Ferrari fan but you never tell us that he is a very fast driver. On his day he is unstoppable and has amazing race pace with great overtaking skills. But you just cant stop this hate, its really ridiculous. From Spa 2010 to Singapore 2017 he had just maybe 3 crashes that was his fault. This 3 crashes are Singapore 2017, Malaysia 2016, Baku 2017 and thats it.. Hamilton made many more mistakes even with a dominant car, Spain 2016, Monza 2010, that last lap crash in 2009 (Monza), Singapore 2010, Monza 2010, Monaco 2011, Spa 2011. Soo if anybody is a crash kid that it Lewis.
    While i agree we should stop crying about Seb and that he is a fearsome racer i got to point out that Lewis has matured a lot since joining Merc. He's a lot more calculative now.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Probably adds to Vettel. He is 1 point in front of an apparent legend in a car that is not as good. Hamilton is tight with Bottas who showed flashes at Williams but never ripped up trees. 4 titles in less time than Hamilton got 3. This is the 4th year Hamilton has the best car. If he cannot win this year he would have won 2 titles in 4 years with a dominant car. Vettel won 4 out of 4 with dominant car in 2 of those 4 years. Even if Hamilton wins this year its 3 titles in 4 years of having a dominant car losing to Rosberg who in term was beaten by Webber in the same car. Webber having lost 5-0 to Vettel over 5 years together. Very easy to twist things in Vettels favour over Hamilton than vice versa.
    Woulda shoulda coulda all I know is that for the first time since F3 2005 Hamilton and Vettel have near equal machinery to fight for the title and so far it's not Hamilton who is losing his rag. Vettel also dropped slam dunk poles in Spain and Austria and dropped slam dunk wins in Russia, Spain, Baku, Austria and Singapore. Hamilton too has had a few lows, but Vettel's lows have been utterly shocking.

"Vettel has the pace but he has no brain!" Isnt that a confession from me that he is fast?
    3 crashes!!?? He just tok out raikkonen twice last year.... You should refresh your memory.
    He lost so much points in this and last year, that is enought for me to get rid of him. Hamilton, Ricciardo and Alonso would win more points than him because they dont do such kind of mistakes (crash mistakes!).

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    "Vettel has the pace but he has no brain!" Isnt that a confession from me that he is fast?
    3 crashes!!?? He just tok out raikkonen twice last year.... You should refresh your memory.
    He lost so much points in this and last year, that is enought for me to get rid of him. Hamilton, Ricciardo and Alonso would win more points than him because they dont do such kind of mistakes (crash mistakes!).
    Alonso maybe, but Hamilton, Ricciardo would not have more points. Hamilton also makes lots of mistakes. he cost himself the title in 2007,2010,2016 because of his idiotic mistakes. Vettel had 5 championship winning cars (2009-2013) and he won 4 out of 5 titles. Thats much better than Lewis, this year he also has a fast car, and there are still 6 races to go, anything can happen. If it doesnt, next year we will try again. Senna said if you dont go for the gap you are no longer a racing driver. Or Vettel saying from 2010, never lift never stop believing. This is a winning mentality, Vettel will strike back, sonner of later!!

Alonso maybe, but Hamilton, Ricciardo would not have more points. Hamilton also makes lots of mistakes. he cost himself the title in 2007,2010,2016 because of his idiotic mistakes. Vettel had 5 championship winning cars (2009-2013) and he won 4 out of 5 titles. Thats much better than Lewis, this year he also has a fast car, and there are still 6 races to go, anything can happen. If it doesnt, next year we will try again. Senna said if you dont go for the gap you are no longer a racing driver. Or Vettel saying from 2010, never lift never stop believing. This is a winning mentality, Vettel will strike back, sonner of later!!
    If I can elaborate what hrc5555 is tryin to say although his metaphor of Vettel not having any brain is excessive I believe he means Vettel lets drivers get in his head.

Your right about pts but alot of it has to do with mental maturity. Ricciardo is already there with regards to mental maturity.....attack but wait for the opportunity until it presents itself given the race has 60 or 70 laps to go. Hamilton is getting there and this year it has shown with several occurences with Max most notably in Hungary when he let Max go ....."this kid is dangerous, did'nt want to take the risk." Max is in Vettels head even though Max is not fighting for nor is in contention for the WDC. Vettel was 2 or 3pts from a race ban on his super-license; whether you think some of those pts are boggus...nevertheless he has a governing body to answer too. How many pts. has Alonso, Lewis and Ricciardo come close to a race ban?????

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    If I can elaborate what hrc5555 is tryin to say although his metaphor of Vettel not having any brain is excessive I believe he means Vettel lets drivers get in his head.

Your right about pts but alot of it has to do with mental maturity. Ricciardo is already there with regards to mental maturity.....attack but wait for the opportunity until it presents itself given the race has 60 or 70 laps to go. Hamilton is getting there and this year it has shown with several occurences with Max most notably in Hungary when he let Max go ....."this kid is dangerous, did'nt want to take the risk." Max is in Vettels head even though Max is not fighting for nor is in contention for the WDC. Vettel was 2 or 3pts from a race ban on his super-license; whether you think some of those pts are boggus...nevertheless he has a governing body to answer too. How many pts. has Alonso, Lewis and Ricciardo come close to a race ban?????
    I can tell as a big Vettel fan that something big happened to him after the 2015 season. Maybe he has some personal, family problems and he is hiding it. Because after 2015 season he started lossing his head too easy, I can agree that with you. In his 2012,2010 years when he had a big fight with Alonso he was much more calm than now. But his race and raw pace is now better than it was in 2009-12. He is still maturing as a driver, but he has to calm down. But dont you worry guys, he is more than capable as a person to improve that in the future.

I can tell as a big Vettel fan that something big happened to him after the 2015 season. Maybe he has some personal, family problems and he is hiding it. Because after 2015 season he started lossing his head too easy, I can agree that with you. In his 2012,2010 years when he had a big fight with Alonso he was much more calm than now. But his race and raw pace is now better than it was in 2009-12. He is still maturing as a driver, but he has to calm down. But dont you worry guys, he is more than capable as a person to improve that in the future.
    His behavior on track has been the same since his earlier years. In 2015 everything clicked and the team admittedly aimed low so there was really no reason for him to be upset. He is hot-headed, always has been. I'd rather have him on our team though than any other drivers right now.

Besides, this is a season for him unlike any other. He has never been in such a situation, fighting for a title with Ferrari and the competition is extremely fierce. I think he'll be way smarter from this point onward as well.

He wants to win so bad that at times its clouded his judgement, even more so now with Ferrari because the car is that good and to follow his protege.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    His behavior on track has been the same since his earlier years. In 2015 everything clicked and the team admittedly aimed low so there was really no reason for him to be upset. He is hot-headed, always has been. I'd rather have him on our team though than any other drivers right now.
    He was frustrated with the car as it was not a winning car. He is being the good driver for Ferrari because they were really working hard for Vettel all the while venting and expressing his frustrations on the track and at Charlie. Internally though, it was the Scuderia that was letting him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Besides, this is a season for him unlike any other. He has never been in such a situation, fighting for a title with Ferrari and the competition is extremely fierce. I think he'll be way smarter from this point onward as well.
    agreed and let's hope so. He, and the team, have a herculean task ahead of themselves.

Probably the difference is, in 2010-12 he knew he had the best car & now he's trying extra to make things happen

The best car can get the driver on pole the best driver each race brings the best car home. This last race Seb had the car and pole. Lewis wound up winning. Seb is known to disappear well up front when starting from 1st. Lewis said after the race that he thought, "What would Senna do? " at the time he saw the Ferraris crash. The rest is history.

For those that keep saying that Ferrari lets Seb down, let's not forget that it's also Seb that lets ferrari down like in last race.

All I am trying to say here is, that Seb is JUST a part of Ferrari, and in the grand scheme of things, as Schumi used to say, we win and lose together.

Point fingers does not help!
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    For those that keep saying that Ferrari lets Seb down, let's not forget that it's also Seb that lets ferrari down like in last race.

All I am trying to say here is, that Seb is JUST a part of Ferrari, and in the grand scheme of things, as Schumi used to say, we win and lose together.

Well said. Only Marchionne is to blame for contracting the wrong team members when the team is not winning.

Part of the grand scheme is about team work. Remember Rubens! Radio on like it or not, it's the team that counts. The greatest wing man ever! Seb could use one now!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Part of the grand scheme is about team work. Remember Rubens! Radio on like it or not, it's the team that counts. The greatest wing man ever! Seb could use one now!
    How is that any different than what I said? Meaning that Kimi and Seb work for the team?
    That we cannot focus on the drivers and/or how the "team" is letting them down when they are part of the very team?
    Kimi and Seb are working towards the very goal, which is FOR the benefit of Ferrari.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

How is that any different than what I said? Meaning that Kimi and Seb work for the team?
    That we cannot focus on the drivers and/or how the "team" is letting them down when they are part of the very team?
    Kimi and Seb are working towards the very goal, which is FOR the benefit of Ferrari.
    No different ! Just an example of team work from the drivers be they #1, or #2 .

I think that Vettel has been using The Kaiser’s strategy (to move freely from left to right or viceversa when starting form the first row) too liberally. In Michael’s time he got away with it because he commanded more respect and therefore rivals would give him the extra space but nowadays, especially with agressive racers like MV, that isn’t really happening. Seb has to act more intelligently and realize that nobody is going to yield to that questionable move just because he starts from pole. A real shame we lost both cars in the first freaking turn.

While i agree we should stop crying about Seb and that he is a fearsome racer i got to point out that Lewis has matured a lot since joining Merc. He's a lot more calculative now.
    I think a lot of his maturity comes from having the best car the last 3-4 years. I think when you are fighting and driving at 100% every lap it is a lot more stressful. When you have a car that gets you pole 90% of the time, can build a gap and then cruise for half the race and even if you start from the back you're pretty much guaranteed a podium, it will allow you to become calmer. You realize that you can bide your time and a race will come to you or 1 or 2 races may not go your way but most will.
    When you have to scrap for every last point and wring the car every race it probably wears you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I think a lot of his maturity comes from having the best car the last 3-4 years. I think when you are fighting and driving at 100% every lap it is a lot more stressful. When you have a car that gets you pole 90% of the time, can build a gap and then cruise for half the race and even if you start from the back you're pretty much guaranteed a podium, it will allow you to become calmer. You realize that you can bide your time and a race will come to you or 1 or 2 races may not go your way but most will.
    When you have to scrap for every last point and wring the car every race it probably wears you down.
    agreed, when you can chill and have no stress ,knowing you are in the fastest car, it takes a lot of the pressure away
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Lewis had tight battles with Nico. Points were lost but in the end WDC would be either Lewis or Nico.

This season has been different. Two multiple champions in competitive cars with inferior team mates. Lewis has been better IMO in this situation. Seb in fact have more experience about main challenge coming from another team. 2010 against Fernando (and Web) was a tight one, 2012 also. Ham had the similar experience in 2008 though he destroyed Kovalainen from the beginning where Kimi against Felipe was a tight one.

There is still season left though. We just have to remember what Kimi did back in 2007 with help of Massa and the entire team. Keep your head down and concentrate on your own work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Lewis had tight battles with Nico. Points were lost but in the end WDC would be either Lewis or Nico.

This season has been different. Two multiple champions in competitive cars with inferior team mates.

You lost me on "inferior team mates." Bottas is behind Vettel by 23pts and has a 6 races to surpass him. Inferior???? not likely.

I am a full-blooded Ferrari fan and Vettel/Raikkonen supporter, but I can't help but think Alonso would be leading the championship with this year's Ferrari...

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I am a full-blooded Ferrari fan and Vettel/Raikkonen supporter, but I can't help but think Alonso would be leading the championship with this year's Ferrari...
    Seb managed to make the maximum out of the car in each race except Singapore.

Seb managed to make the maximum out of the car in each race except Singapore.
    Baku? Maybe Spa?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You lost me on "inferior team mates." Bottas is behind Vettel by 23pts and has a 6 races to surpass him. Inferior???? not likely.
    Bottas is worse than Hamilton, Räikkönen is way worse than Vettel.

I mean Bottas have been solid so far but by no means he can challenge Lewis the way Nico did.

By 2019 HAM and VET won't have the benefit of inferior second driver. Verstappen and Ricciardo are on the loose and I am pretty sure they will replace the finnish drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Bottas is worse than Hamilton, Räikkönen is way worse than Vettel.

I mean Bottas have been solid so far but by no means he can challenge Lewis the way Nico did.

By 2019 HAM and VET won't have the benefit of inferior second driver. Verstappen and Ricciardo are on the loose and I am pretty sure they will replace the finnish drivers.
    There were no drivers avaliable for 2018 for Mercedes or Ferrari. With regards to your "inferior" concept, 2018 looks to be one of grid spot penalties since the component '
    allocation allotment goes down from 4 to 3, so we could see both taking grid spot penalties half way into the 2018 season. I hope it(allocation) changes between now and then.

if he drove like he did in 2012 then yeah probably.

Baku? Maybe Spa?
    Oh yeah, forgot about Baku Not so sure about Spa though...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    if he drove like he did in 2012 then yeah probably.
    We can't be sure, 2012 was a year where McLaren were also grabbing a lot of points off Seb.