Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282940 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    He is fully entitled to brake during SC period, everybody does that to get heat into the brakes. I think Seb was caught out by Hamilton during 1st SC period so naturally Seb wanted to stay as close as possible during second SC, maybe little too close to react to Hamilton braking
    This is from the FIA SC rules,

Drivers must not drive unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner that could be deemed potentially dangerous to other competitors.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Without Seb doing such a great job, Mercs would be dominating 2017 unmatched and Ferrari would be battling RB looking at the way Kimi's luck and drive has gone.

Hopefully those FIA hamilton fangirls don't ruin Seb's chances just to get their guy the trophy

Seb's interviw with Gazzetta dello Sport after the Azerbaijan race:

http://scuderiafans.com/sebastian-ve...a-dello-sport/

I particularly like this part

Q: Can you promise the Italian fans that you will stay at Ferrari also next year and in the coming ones?
    SV: I have nothing to complain about. Usually Germans always complain, even when they come on holiday in Italy and the food and the weather are great, they always have something to complain about. In this regard, I’m not very German. I’m happy at Ferrari. There’s nothing against this. I don’t think that there will be any surprises. I’m not worried and Ferrari is in no hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    This is from the FIA SC rules,
    Drivers must not drive unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner that could be deemed potentially dangerous to other competitors.
    The rules are vague. Driving erratically??? My interpretation (as everyone elses) means a number of things:

1.) weaving back and forth (reason: to heat up the tyres; I get that)

2.) staying in first gear (lead car) and using the gear to speed up and slow you down(erratically)

Maybe the FIA needs a faster safety car other than the amg gt; maybe the safety car needs to be a Ferrera LaFerrari or Mclaren P1 to go thru the course under SC alot faster then

slow down where the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Maybe the FIA needs a faster safety car other than the amg gt; maybe the safety car needs to be a Ferrari LaFerrari or Mclaren P1 to go thru the course under SC alot faster then slow down where the issue is.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Disappointed Since 2010

The rules are vague. Driving erratically??? My interpretation (as everyone elses) means a number of things:

1.) weaving back and forth (reason: to heat up the tyres; I get that)

2.) staying in first gear (lead car) and using the gear to speed up and slow you down(erratically)

Maybe the FIA needs a faster safety car other than the amg gt; maybe the safety car needs to be a Ferrera LaFerrari or Mclaren P1 to go thru the course under SC alot faster then

slow down where the issue is.
    it should be LaFerrari.
    Forza Ferrari

Happy Birthday Seb!

But what a way to celebrate your birthday Anyone have any news as to what time the FIA meeting takes place today?

Sebastian Vettel FIA investigation: How it will work in Paris

Formula 1's attention will be on Paris on Monday where the FIA will deliberate on the clash between Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton in Baku.

Following the controversy of Vettel's swerve into Hamilton behind the safety car in Azerbaijan, and questions raised about whether the German's 10-second stop-go penalty was harsh enough, motor racing's governing body will investigate the matter again "to evaluate whether further action is necessary".

Details about the process, and who will be involved in Monday's investigation, have not been released, but sources suggest that Vettel has been invited for a private meeting with FIA president Jean Todt to discuss the matter.

Whatever happens in the corridors of the FIA's headquarters in Paris, a statement on the outcome has been promised before this week's race at the Red Bull Ring.

If the FIA concludes that further action in sporting terms is necessary, then it will not be a matter of handing out a punishment in the next few days.

Should FIA president Jean Todt choose to take the Vettel matter to the International Tribunal then charges will be brought and a judging panel will be made up of at least three people from the FIA's roster to lead the hearing.

The process will also not be a quick one, so any hearing would be unlikely until after the British Grand Prix at the earliest and it could even drag out until the summer.

Once charges have been raised, then the respondent will be granted at least 15 days to submit his response, with the prosecution then given a further 15 days to respond if required.

There is then supposed to be a period of at least 15 more days between the reply by the prosecuting body and the hearing, although in theory all of this could be fast tracked if necessary.

The International Tribunal has a fairly open hand in terms of choosing what punishment is handed down if it rules that the defendant has been found guilty.

One interesting point that could be relevant in the Vettel case is that previous records will be taken into account - and that acting 'intentionally' does not have to be proved.

Vettel already has nine penalty points on his licence, and escaped a Tribunal hearing last year after apologising profusely for a radio outburst towards race director Charlie Whiting at the Mexican GP.

The statutes say: "Subject to the principle of proportionality, [the Tribunal] shall take into account the gravity of the facts, the degree of culpability, and past record and character of the person in order to determine the nature and severity of the sanctions

"Unless stated otherwise, offences or infringements are punishable, whether they were committed intentionally or negligently."

Once the hearing has been completed then a decision by the court will be taken by a simple majority of the members of the judging panel. If there is a deadlock, then the president of the hearing will get the casting vote.

But the International Tribunal outcome is subject to appeal, so if Vettel feels that any sanction handed down is unfair he can then take the matter to the International Court of Appeal - a process could take several more weeks.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...tion-will-work

Well, what a birthday gift for Seb; no action taken. Yes, today is Seb's birthday

On top of:

http://www.planetf1.com/news/vettel-...rom-raikkonen/

Seb finally admits that he over-reacted when he hit Hamilton at Baku and apologizes to his fans.

Seb finally admits that he over-reacted when he hit Hamilton at Baku and apologizes to his fans.
    Eh... They made him apologize as part of the deal. He probably doesn't really care, and I don't blame him if he doesn't. It was out of order, but ultimately harmless.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Eh... They made him apologize as part of the deal. He probably doesn't really care, and I don't blame him if he doesn't. It was out of order, but ultimately harmless.
    I know....Anyways, here's his apology letter.

Attachment 7197

I'm sorry that I read it.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Screw the FIA. Let's win this Championship just to stick it to them.

was Ham ever made to apologize in writing for Canada 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    was Ham ever made to apologize in writing for Canada 2008?

You'll probably find that Jean Todt whispered in vettels ear and said: Buddy, apologize so that tantrum lewis and fans can shut the up!. I'm tired of hearing his fans moan!.......Needless to say, Vettel did just that!

I just want vettel to get his revenge by winning this weekend!!!!!!
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    it should be LaFerrari.
    FXX-K ;)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    FXX-K ;)
    spot on mate!
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Forza Ferrari

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    You'll probably find that Jean Todt whispered in vettels ear and said: Buddy, apologize so that tantrum lewis and fans can shut the up!. I'm tired of hearing his fans moan!.......Needless to say, Vettel did just that!

Yes please!! I'd LOVE Seb to win this weekend, just to Watch/hear SkyF1 crying about it would make my weekend. lol!

F1 2017 Austrian GP - Drivers Press Conference - Hamilton, Vettel ( 29min 42sec)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IpqyUI4I7Y

I had to laugh when I saw that HAM says Seb's actions are a bad example to younger fans, wasn't HAM picked up a couple of times for crashing his road car in Monaco and doing wheelies in a Merc somewhere else. He's no example, in so many ways, but he's being turned into a cult figure by the likes of Sky and the UK media, and can do no wrong in their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I had to laugh when I saw that HAM says Seb's actions are a bad example to younger fans, wasn't HAM picked up a couple of times for crashing his road car in Monaco and doing wheelies in a Merc somewhere else. He's no example, in so many ways, but he's being turned into a cult figure by the likes of Sky and the UK media, and can do no wrong in their eyes.
    He actually crashed his Pagani in Monaco after going on a 10 day bender, so yeah, way to think of the children.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    He actually crashed his Pagani in Monaco after going on a 10 day bender, so yeah, way to think of the children.
    790silvergrey.jpg

I'm sorry, I'm in the 3rd grade.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    790silvergrey.jpg

I'm sorry, I'm in the 3rd grade.
    Nice one, killer, and we really need to hammer him on track, but I'm sick of reading about Ferrari now being cast as the naughty boys of F1 with the oil in fuel saga and now the flexi-floor. Ferrari will be blamed for all sorts of irregularities, most of which Merc have probably been doing since the V6 Turbo/Hybrid era started.

Seb should have had a 500 000$ fine for not being honest about doing something wrong from the start. He thought after the race Hamilton brake-checked him and therefore it justified bumping tires with him. Then changed his mind completely to get away penalty free. A $ 500 000$ fine would have sent a strong message to not do it again or be dishonest about doing it. Even if Lewis had break-checked him Vettel has no business running into him and saying that he has done nothing wrong after the race. Vettel dont seem to realize you can not retaliate in Formula 1.

I would not mind Vettel confronting Hamilton after the race or Hamilton going after Vettel after the race, but while in the car, you cant start a fight!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Seb should have had a 500 000$ fine for not being honest about doing something wrong from the start. He thought after the race Hamilton brake-checked him and therefore it justified bumping tires with him. Then changed his mind completely to get away penalty free. A $ 500 000$ fine would have sent a strong message to not do it again or be dishonest about doing it. Even if Lewis had break-checked him Vettel has no business running into him and saying that he has done nothing wrong after the race. Vettel dont seem to realize you can not retaliate in Formula 1.

I would not mind Vettel confronting Hamilton after the race or Hamilton going after Vettel after the race, but while in the car, you cant start a fight!
    Its water under the bridge.....the pre-conference hearing between the two tells the whole story. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Nice one, killer, and we really need to hammer him on track, but I'm sick of reading about Ferrari now being cast as the naughty boys of F1 with the oil in fuel saga and now the flexi-floor. Ferrari will be blamed for all sorts of irregularities, most of which Merc have probably been doing since the V6 Turbo/Hybrid era started.
    i wonder why merc were unbeatable for 3 years?
    http://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/conte...echnology.html
    FERRARI In F1 =
    has the prestige and passion for Motor Racing that is unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by flam147 View Post
    i wonder why merc were unbeatable for 3 years?
    http://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/conte...echnology.html
    Number of things really:

1.) Had a 2 or 3 yr leap on the new formula hybrid PU; and every year(since 2014) they were a year ahead of everyone else in the PU dept.

2.) ummmmmm.....yeah.....thats it really....OH yeah, their "FRIC" system(ran it 2yrs) which got "takin away" this year and they had to revert to plan B.

3.) We are on year 4 of this hybrid PU and this year its RELIABILITY.....so back to #1 really.

4.) One more thing: quali mode and boost mode during the race....clueless how they do it....sooooo back to #1 again.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 8th July 2017 at 20:23.