Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Raikkonen is delivering for Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Why just from Silverstone, and why just qualifying?
    Exactly. Way to pick a small sample size and include performances that don't determine points. As of now, Vettel is slightly ahead in the points.

Disappointed Since 2010

My point of view is why is kimi delivering decent results a surprise? He is a world champion, fighting with likes of schumacher, alonso and hamilton for the WDC for a good number of years. When he came back he was the 3rd fastest driver in a lotus. Ferrari have brought him to challenge Fernando for the leadership, he failed because of a combination of poor results, alonso's politics and the car not being to his liking. That all changed because of the pushrod pullrod, and the difference between Kimi and Seb is small, they are both great drivers, which have similar preferences with the car. Of course he is 37 now, that might take a small amount of time out of him, but as long he is matching Seb, I believe they are both top 4 drivers alongside Alonso and Hamilton.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 4th November 2016 at 22:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Exactly. Way to pick a small sample size and include performances that don't determine points. As of now, Vettel is slightly ahead in the points.
    Like I mentioned, Qualifying is the only time where real performance pace is allowed by the team and the rules. So for Kimi to have basically turned it around big time with a 7:3 ratio in the last 10 Qualifying is pretty amazing. There is no excuse for Seb or for Kimi when they beat each other fair and square in qualifying.

In the race, many factors out of a drivers control often affect the end result, like Seb crashing into Kimi and ruining Kimi podiums in China and Spa, or Team pitting him for no reason in Singapore and Mexico losing him 3rd/5th etc.

Not to mention engine dnf in Australia, Gearbox penalties in Monaco and Japan, Pit blunder DNF in US etc. Thats 8 races where Kimi's results were not determined due to his perfromance, but rather by circumstances not his fault.

I calculated that both he and Vettel have now had equal issues, with Kimi suffering more due to Vettel taking him out in China and Spa, races in which Vettel benefited himself by finishing ahead even though he was the cause.
    Last edited by GreenTree; 5th November 2016 at 04:42.

Switch names to any driver you choose, Quote by Bernie: "Max is racing, and that's what he's supposed to do! " I can't help but feel good that I always shared Bernie's statement, no team orders , no #1,#2 drivers , the drivers are supposed to just race! Just look over @ Merc, two races to go and either driver has a shot WDC! Over @ Ferrari no WDC, unfortunately but at least we can see our two drivers racing each other and everyone else best they can with what they have. I remember 2012 when through Shumy's generosity, he gave Seb 6th & his 3rd WDC. IMO, not cool at all!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTree View Post
    Like I mentioned, Qualifying is the only time where real performance pace is allowed by the team and the rules. So for Kimi to have basically turned it around big time with a 7:3 ratio in the last 10 Qualifying is pretty amazing. There is no excuse for Seb or for Kimi when they beat each other fair and square in qualifying.

In the race, many factors out of a drivers control often affect the end result, like Seb crashing into Kimi and ruining Kimi podiums in China and Spa, or Team pitting him for no reason in Singapore and Mexico losing him 3rd/5th etc.

Not to mention engine dnf in Australia, Gearbox penalties in Monaco and Japan, Pit blunder DNF in US etc. Thats 8 races where Kimi's results were not determined due to his perfromance, but rather by circumstances not his fault.

I calculated that both he and Vettel have now had equal issues, with Kimi suffering more due to Vettel taking him out in China and Spa, races in which Vettel benefited himself by finishing ahead even though he was the cause.
    So by your logic WDC points should get handed out on Saturday results & WCC points on Sunday results I guess.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

I am not surprised, at all.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTree View Post

Again, it's a small sample size. A driver of Raikkonen's caliber was overdue for a hot streak after getting wrecked by Alonso in '14 and then Vettel in '15. It's no different than how Vettel came down to earth when Ricciardo was beating him at RBR.

Disappointed Since 2010

Because he'll get another kid :P

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMl9UEUjdm_/

Pull rod- push rod thing has it's own role in this sudden uplift of Kimis current form I say.

http://yle.fi/urheilu/3-9409258?origin=rss

Kimi had today an award in sports gala for Finnish sport ambassadeur. He even gave a short SPEECH!!!

Here is one with subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    Kimi had today an award in sports gala for Finnish sport ambassadeur. He even gave a short SPEECH!!!
    I've seen shorter speeches. Really surprising when you take Kimi into consideration
    Last edited by Stormy; 18th January 2017 at 16:15.

I like the one he gave with JPM at the Mexican GP 2016......it was a side of him I have not seen although some would say he is like that around people he knows....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg_ugNroBy4

It has been very quiet about Kimi the last months, which is a great thing. I read about almost every driver, but Kimi was never in the news. I kind of like that. Let the driving speaks for itself. I hope he put a lot of effort in his preparation and that he will shine!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
    It has been very quiet about Kimi the last months, which is a great thing. I read about almost every driver, but Kimi was never in the news. I kind of like that. Let the driving speaks for itself. I hope he put a lot of effort in his preparation and that he will shine!
    Well he is opening up a Karaoke Bar back in his country. He tried to keep it a secret but folks noticed his yacht next to it.