Go to Motorsport.com n check out the pix of this car..Looks great and I'll bet it sounds amazing. Isnt there also a V8 formula? Mabey its me, but I shore do miss the sound of those v8's.

The prototype Formula Thunder 5000 car has been successful shaken down ahead of its first public appearance later this month.

The FT5000 car will be run in public for the first time at the Muscle Car Masters event at Sydney Motorsport Park at the end of October.

It has already hit the track, however, Australian Formula 3 Champion Tim Macrow shaking the five-litre V8-powered monster down at Winton.

“It couldn’t have been a more productive day for Day 1 with a brand new race car,” said series creator Chris Lambden.

“The systems checks – primarily ensuring the engine, gearbox, and MoTeC system were speaking to each other correctly – were done by lunchtime, and Tim was able to push things along later in the day, even though we were running the car in relatively conservative spec.

“All our technical partners had someone on hand for the day and, I’d have to say, everything went like clockwork, which is a great credit to all of them. After all the work that has gone in, it was pretty exciting to see and hear the car on track.

“We’re looking forward to running the car publicly for the first time at the Muscle Car Masters and illustrating the sight, sound and smell of the FT5000 concept. Sydney Motorsport Park is a venue which should allow the car to stretch its legs a bit.

“It’s looking likely that we may also run the car a couple of days later (Tuesday November 1) at Queensland Raceway, followed by Phillip Island in the following week or two.”

The FT5000 series is looking to run a summer series in Australia and New Zealand, beginning in December 2017.
GP2-level single-seater series set for 2017 debut in Great Britain
Previous article
GP2-level single-seater series set for 2017 debut in Great Britain