Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ross Brawn

Ross Brawn

Those rumours follow hot on the heels of Ron Dennis's struggle to stay as McLaren supremo, and rumours team boss Eric Boullier could be heading to Ferrari.

"We can confirm that Eric is 100% committed to McLaren and not in talks with Ferrari or any other team," a McLaren spokesman insisted.

However, 61-year-old Brawn has now told Germany's Bild that he does not rule out returning to F1.

"I miss some parts of my life in Formula 1," he said. "The teamwork, the spirit and the development of a team and the car."

When asked if he can imagine coming back to F1, Brawn answered: "Never say never."
    Now that his book is out of the way how about a return to Ferrari.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-...rn_283768.html

I wish that would happen!

Boullier to Ferrari and Brawn to McLaren.

Well considering where Mclaren is with Boullier at the head, I'd say they were getting the better of that deal if it happens. Much rather have Brawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well considering where Mclaren is with Boullier at the head, I'd say they were getting the better of that deal if it happens. Much rather have Brawn.
    Completely agree..

Brawn for sure, as long as one driver signs up to take 3 pits instead of 2, and move over at a moments notice, to help the #1 guy, go for it !

What if we get both like the Todd/Brawn days? With Brawn in Todd's place and Boullier in Ross's position?

i highly doubt that Brawn will come to Ferrari....he's been there done that kind of thing...a move to Mclaren is more along the lines...if and that is a BIG IF, he's coming to F1 at all

but i'd LOVE to see him at Ferrari and try to straighten the mess FERRARI is in right now

How much power would Ferrari be willing to give to Brawn if would consider a return. More than Jean Todt had?

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post
    How much power would Ferrari be willing to give to Brawn if would consider a return. More than Jean Todt had?
    If that is what it takes to win, lets go for it.

We have nothing to lose at this point.

Mr Brawn would face Mr Marchionne's unrealistic expectations as well so I see no improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Mr Brawn would face Mr Marchionne's unrealistic expectations as well so I see no improvement.
    Maybe you're right but given brawns past and proven success, perhaps marchionne would leave him alone to do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    If that is what it takes to win, lets go for it.

We have nothing to lose at this point.
    This is assuming brawn wants to come back to Ferrari. He's shown no signs in the last 8 yrs.
    Think we have to stop dreaming that brawn or bryne or someone from the past will come back and magically everything will be hunky dory again. We need to work with what we got, or grab some new talent for the future.
    Silently, like a shadow

Brawn wont make a difference alone, just like sacking Stefano made no difference despite many on here saying he was the reason our design team was mediocre.

We need to hire talent not just at the top but right throughout the team. The glory days of Brawn etc are long gone and even if he did return we are in a very different playing field now.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Brawn wont make a difference alone, just like sacking Stefano made no difference despite many on here saying he was the reason our design team was mediocre.

We need to hire talent not just at the top but right throughout the team. The glory days of Brawn etc are long gone and even if he did return we are in a very different playing field now.
    That's right, but I guess having him would help us understand the shortfalls of our team and hire the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

something else people not taking into account. If the team is reshuffled, new guys signed to the team, it will take another 2-3, maybe even 4 years to get everything upto WDC WCC winnning standard. It is not an easy task to fix which some here seem to think, sacking and resigning Ross would fix over night.

Ross, if he returns, i see going to Mclaren.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

If Ferrari is doing what they stated and allowing the talent they have in the team to express their ideas rather than restraining them and always looking to bring in the miracle man, then might be a guy like Brawn could help channel some of that talent to where it's needed. I think one of Ross's great strengths is in getting the most out of the rule book and if Ferrari need anything right now it's some creativity. He said he doesn't want to deal with politics so if he comes let it be just on the tech side. Let Arrivabene deal with Marchionne.

Ferrari needs someone who is supremely confident in his own ability to carry the team through, someone who has the authority to prevent all the internal politics & mini-revolutions.

Please come back Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

something else people not taking into account. If the team is reshuffled, new guys signed to the team, it will take another 2-3, maybe even 4 years to get everything upto WDC WCC winnning standard. It is not an easy task to fix which some here seem to think, sacking and resigning Ross would fix over night.

Ross, if he returns, i see going to Mclaren.
    I don't think taking several years is a blocking point, as it may be no different than the state the team is in right now.

Of course, it doesn't have to be Brawn, it can be anyone. But I don't see why taking several years to restructure the team is considered a downside. I see no indication that we will be competitive in a year or two time.

It's better to do a long term plan that is effective, rather than constantly going for "next year is our year" approach. It hasn't taken the team anywhere forward, and nothing will change come a year or two time.

I dont think any restructuring by Ferrari, at this point of the season, will bear any fruit whatsoever.
    They have no tokens, so the speed we've seen this year is where we're at for the remaining races.
    As far as the chassis, well losing JA so early in the season was like, here's the car, I gotta split,
    take care and good luck, youre on your own. That we've been able to keep 3rd in the wcc and not
    fallen lower has taken a good bit of work from Ferrari given the nature of the sport. JA's departure hit us harder than people realize. Doesnt help being down on power either. So Ferrari fans have to wait until
    next years car to see just where we'll be, and if the reshuffle is going to actually work at all.
    Unless of course, everyone gets sacked....again..

We need someone who can read between the lines in the rules, find and exploit the grey area!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ferrari needs someone who is supremely confident in his own ability to carry the team through, someone who has the authority to prevent all the internal politics & mini-revolutions.

Please come back Ross.
    That is what Brawn could bring.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    We need someone who can read between the lines in the rules, find and exploit the grey area!
    You just described Briatore to a Tee !!

I'm thinking more about RB then FB .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Neither are coming...

Ross Brawn is only 61 years old, if and only if he is up for the challenge should he be hired, but making him a lucrative offer he cannot refuse will do us no favours at all, he must want to come to make a difference otherwise it will be like MS at Mercedes, a shadow of his glory years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I dont think any restructuring by Ferrari, at this point of the season, will bear any fruit whatsoever.
    They have no tokens, so the speed we've seen this year is where we're at for the remaining races.
    As far as the chassis, well losing JA so early in the season was like, here's the car, I gotta split,
    take care and good luck, youre on your own. That we've been able to keep 3rd in the wcc and not
    fallen lower has taken a good bit of work from Ferrari given the nature of the sport. JA's departure hit us harder than people realize. Doesnt help being down on power either. So Ferrari fans have to wait until
    next years car to see just where we'll be, and if the reshuffle is going to actually work at all.
    Unless of course, everyone gets sacked....again..
    Right on my man, especially that last sentence. That's one rerun I don't want to keep watching!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Forget Ross, Ferrari needs an Italian driver to make everyone happy to get the car right for him!

We "only" need a guy like Newey. I mean come on, that Red Bull is second on the WCC and closer to Merc than us with that Tag Heur Renault engine for crying out loud.
    Being next year more aero dependent, can't even imagine what they have in store...
    Now everyone should understand why Ferrari and Merc didn't give them an engine.

Few rumours that Brawn is in line to replace Bernie....
    Forza Ferrari