• Hamilton

6 13.33%
  • Rosberg

34 75.56%
  • the Mercedes driver

5 11.11%

Thread: who will win this year's WDC?

who will win this year's WDC?

Coming into the last race with a 12 point cushion Rosberg is clearly favourite, but who takes it? We've seen many surprises in the past so anything can happen.
    I can imagine Hamilton leading, Rosberg coming under pressure and making a mistake.

also, you gotta wonder if mad max could have an impact on the outcome

I hope Hamilton wins, he has been better of the two. But one can not say Rosberg doesn't deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I prefer as a lesser evil NR

Max, Ricciardo, or Kimi, need to help Lewis by pushing Nico back at least by 13 points! Or Nico mistakenly jumps into Lewis' DNF ready car! All in all a great race comming up for F1 fans knowing there's no " Let him pass!" to take away from the race excitement !

I think Rosberg will take this one. He deserves one, and this year is the final chance as the Ferrari domination will start hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I think Rosberg will take this one. He deserves one, and this year is the final chance as the Ferrari domination will start hahahaha
    ahahahahhahaahah, yeah a decade long domination

Hamilton is by far the better of the two, but luck favors Rosberg.

So Rosberg.

Frankly, I couldn't care less but I'd prefer ROS as HAM has already won a few, although I do believe HAM is the better driver. But neither of them are in a Ferrari so it's immaterial!!

Don't really care, Nico will probably win it but Lewis is the better driver.
    Forza Ferrari

Don't care.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I voted Hamilton!
    Rosberg may not know how to manage his emotions.

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia più vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

who cares?
    Forza Ferrari

HAM is the better driver but ROS could bring a little class back to F1? Neither wears red so I really don't care and just want the agony to be over.

Hopefully Rosberg. Couldn't possibly stand the gloating if Hamilton won it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    HAM is the better driver but ROS could bring a little class back to F1? Neither wears red so I really don't care and just want the agony to be over.
    I so agree with your post. Rosburg is more of a gentleman than Ham. Also if
    Ham wins
    I will need to bury my head in the sand again! The press and media also some of my friends will gloat till
    March

Forza Jules

Hopefully they take each other out. Otherwise Rosberg .

Steady Nico would need to have a colossal change of fortune for Hamilton to even have a sniff. While I don't especially like either, I just don't gravitate to the steady, consistent and safe championships that Nico puts in so would prefer Hamilton to win.

I'll bet my virtual money on Rosberg

I think if he do, he'll deserve it. He may not be the fastest around, but the championship isn't about pure speed only. It takes a lot of consistency too, just so you can be there to gain when your rival makes mistake.
    I think Rosberg has shown he's very good at consistently doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Hopefully Rosberg. Couldn't possibly stand the gloating if Hamilton won it.
    I feel the same way, the thought of him a 4 time champion turns my stomach. Massa should take out Hamilton on his last race if something should happen to Nico and Hamilton can win it! Payback for 2008 lol jks,
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

And does anyone here really care?
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    And does anyone here really care?
    I do, as a F1 fan.

Ferrari can't be expected to be fighting for the title every single season. So it would be pretty boring to watch F1 if I only take interest in 2 Ferrari drivers out of the entire grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I do, as a F1 fan.

Ferrari can't be expected to be fighting for the title every single season. So it would be pretty boring to watch F1 if I only take interest in 2 Ferrari drivers out of the entire grid.
    It would be boring for sure! At least you mention watching two Ferrari drivers out of the entire grid, I remember clearly watching Ferrari's winning years when most all the fans here had their interest 100 % in only one driver on the entire grid! 2016 for me was at least interesting each race as to our two drivers doing their best indeed without the help of a reliable car. Each race was a question of Ferrari at least providing a F1 caliper gearbox!

FerrariSteve Guest
    Lewis is going to win it at the last race and I've been saying that for over 3 months now. I'm convinced of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Lewis is going to win it at the last race and I've been saying that for over 3 months now. I'm convinced of it.
    Interesting. You would have got decent odds for Lewis winning the title, about 4/1, maybe more.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Interesting. You would have got decent odds for Lewis winning the title, about 4/1, maybe more.
    3/1 but have £50 on it. (although it would be bitter sweet as I can't stand the guy and would prefer Nico to win out of the two of them)

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    3/1 but have £50 on it. (although it would be bitter sweet as I can't stand the guy and would prefer Nico to win out of the two of them)
    a sound insurance policy

I did want to start a new thread so I'll use this one. Hamilton was rather unlucky this season. Remember when not all results counted towards the WDC? Especially back in 1985-1990 only the 11 best results counted. I believe Prost would have been a 5-time WDC if all results would have counted. Granted we have more races today so you can count 13, 15 or best 17. Only when we go as low down as the 20th scoring position this year then Rosbergs passes Hamilton, and that's also the final points tally 385-380. If only the 19 best results would have counted Hamilton would have won 380-379. Rosbergs 7th place in Monaco and only 1 DNF compared to Hamiltons 2 DNF's was what decided the WDC. For the record, Hamilton wins best 11 by 268-261, best 13 by 304-297, best 15 by 334-330 and best 17 by 364-357. Pretty cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I did want to start a new thread so I'll use this one. Hamilton was rather unlucky this season. Remember when not all results counted towards the WDC? Especially back in 1985-1990 only the 11 best results counted. I believe Prost would have been a 5-time WDC if all results would have counted. Granted we have more races today so you can count 13, 15 or best 17. Only when we go as low down as the 20th scoring position this year then Rosbergs passes Hamilton, and that's also the final points tally 385-380. If only the 19 best results would have counted Hamilton would have won 380-379. Rosbergs 7th place in Monaco and only 1 DNF compared to Hamiltons 2 DNF's was what decided the WDC. For the record, Hamilton wins best 11 by 268-261, best 13 by 304-297, best 15 by 334-330 and best 17 by 364-357. Pretty cruel.
    If hamilton hadn't made an absolute vindaloo of his starts he would be world champion. He lost about 50 points to that, much more than any reliability problem. Rosberg stayed focused and maximised his opportunities better and reaped the rewards.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    If hamilton hadn't made an absolute vindaloo of his starts he would be world champion. He lost about 50 points to that, much more than any reliability problem. Rosberg stayed focused and maximised his opportunities better and reaped the rewards.
    That's also true but I just focused on the points and only the points. In one way, Hamilton not winning the title this year was down to all points counting towards the WDC. He won the most races, had the most podiums and also two DNF:s. So he basicly lost for the same reasons his big hero, Senna, won the 1988 WDC even though Prost outscored him 105-94. So he was rather unlucky or one could say Senna was lucky.