Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Abu Dhabi GP Race thread

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    In good or bad times, it feels soooooo great to see our driver(s) on the podium

Forza Ferrari forever and for always
    Forza Ferrari

Sorry, Hamilton did everything within the rules to win it. You know, gentlemen do not win races or championships nowdays.

Paddy Lowe applauding Vettel and Ferrari for having a great strategy... Maybe the move to Ferrari is on...

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    Guys no need to troll hamilton.. he did what he had too... so would every one in his position.......its racing... not kindergarden stuff and be the nice guy...if lewis handnt backed nico up...the race would have been boring...both merc would get away..and no excitement...but thanks to him there was something to watch until the end...
    If this was other way around and Nico was holding the pack, Ham would have been all over the radio moaning to team.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Paddy Lowe applauding Vettel and Ferrari for having a great strategy... Maybe the move to Ferrari is on...
    you think?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    Sorry, Hamilton did everything within the rules to win it. You know, gentlemen do not win races or championships nowdays.
    I don't think anyone would disagree with that. He certainly did nothing illegal today.

It isn't against any rules, just very dumb. For burning bridges with the team for what was really a remote chance of winning, with many seasons more ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I don't think anyone would disagree with that. He certainly did nothing illegal today.

It isn't against any rules, just very dumb. For burning bridges with the team for what was really a remote chance of winning, with many seasons more ahead of him.
    exactly!
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    If this was other way around and Nico was holding the pack, Ham would have been all over the radio moaning to team.
    Or if it was a Ferrari driver in the Hamilton's shoes...

before you critique HAM for his tactics, remember how VET disobeyed his team time after time, remember Muilt21? or ALO holding back Lewis in the pits, Prost Senna both times etc..

Every Driver wants to win however they can.

Even more congrats to Nico for surpassing the challenges in this race he didn't crack under the immense pressure.

GOtta thank HAM for making this race exciting to the end for the fans
    Last edited by ALO; 27th November 2016 at 14:17. Reason: typo

I don't understand the Hamilton criticism, he tried the only way he could to defend his title. He was entitled to win the race at any possible speed.

yeah and the UK media would be singing a different tune too..

That sounds clever, but he cared about that moment and I am sure, no driver would think about some remote future while driving the fastest car in the final race of the fight for the championship.

Abu Dhabi GP Race thread

I guess nobody would've complained what MS did in 1997? Season is over, Rosberg won a deserved championship, Hamilton did whatever he could to avoid that & in all fairness. Roll on 2017...

Nice dig from Vettel on the podium regarding Hamilton going slow in the last laps, a part of me thinks he didn't take the bait and overtake Rosberg and be the pawn in Hamiltons deliberate backing up. 9 second slower lap, if that was any other race Vettel would have gone for it!

That guy up there talking about Vettel disobeying his team "time after time". He is one of the cleanest world champions ever, maybe the cleanest. You picked like the worst example.

On that note, seeing how this season's developed since Australia with Vettel leading multiple races until pit strategies came into play and hearing his radio conversations especially in Baku, Mexico and Abu Dhabi, I wonder if he's the one doing his strategies now. In the second half of the season, you could see the team strategy playing out with Raikkonen and Vettel changing them only to get an advantage from that. I mean of course he cannot do it from his car on his own without the info on other teams, but he was definitely making changes and it was working.

Think I do watch the same race mate.

You did see that very well

Finally this season is over. This has been the hardest season to watch since 2008, especially the 2nd part. I haven't made a post here since march. I can't believe how bad it's been both regarding the development from last year to the race strategies and driver errors and misjudgments. One should know though that the last year of a formula always favors the strongest team but how on earth was Red Bull able to step up their game and what for? One can only hope next year will be better and that the Scuderia at least wins a race. I think that even with the regulations changing it's going to be hard to match Mercedes because the power unit will still be V6 Turbo. They should have overhauled the entire rules when they were at it, even the engines.

Congratulations to Nico for winning the WDC. Thanks for all the memories Felipe.

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    Nice dig from Vettel on the podium regarding Hamilton going slow in the last laps, a part of me thinks he didn't take the bait and overtake Rosberg and be the pawn in Hamiltons deliberate backing up. 9 second slower lap, if that was any other race Vettel would have gone for it!
    I thought the same, but what a pleasure it was to see a flying Ferrari for a change and what looked like another strategy mess-up earlier in the race turn into a clever one at the end. Well done Seb, fantastic drive, shame Kimi didn't have the same pace. Pleased for ROS WDC rather than HAM, and Felipe in the points was a bonus in his last race. It's all over for another year, and it's been a hard one to watch!

Schumi was doing what the team needed him to do.
    That's nothing new, it happens. Teams utilize 2 drivers when they go racing.

This is not what Lewis did today though.

No, I do not recall Massa doing anything like that in 2008.

At the end of the day, the drivers get to do this because of the teams too. Without the teams, you are not going to be doing any racing.

If this is the kind of attitude you bring, then the team has no reason to give you any more support in the future.
    Want to go at it alone, fine. Bring your own car next time.

Massa didnt do it...and thats why he has never been a Champion... just winning races is int enough... i see no reason why hamilton should take any blame for this.... if he was going slower.. nico should have done something to overtake him.. but he was playing it safe... i am glad nico got to be the champion...but thanks to hamilton the race was exciting till the end... i will never badmouth him or any driver for trying to do whatever they can to achieve what is needed..

Hamilton refused to and summed it up by saying: “Right now, I’m losing the World Championship, so I’m not bothered if I’m going to lose the race.”
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Massa didnt do it...and thats why he has never been a Champion... just winning races is int enough... i see no reason why hamilton should take any blame for this.... if he was going slower.. nico should have done something to overtake him.. but he was playing it safe... i am glad nico got to be the champion...but thanks to hamilton the race was exciting till the end... i will never badmouth him or any driver for trying to do whatever they can to achieve what is needed..
    And when could Massa have backed up Kimi to win the title? Winning races is enough for most WDC....who did Kimi back up to get his title?
    Forza Ferrari

Well said! Why didn't Nico "race " his butt off to pass Lewis? He was playing it safe! Lewis was trying to be WDC ! He lost by 5 points ! I remember Lewis 43 points behind what with mechanical failures, only to later win 5 out of 6 and jump 6 points ahead! FF to the last race last laps, he was supposed to give it up? Great seeing Seb on the podium for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And when could Massa have backed up Kimi to win the title? Winning races is enough for most WDC....who did Kimi back up to get his title?
    i am sorry if you think i am saying that just backing up another driver means you can be a champion... sometimes you have to do what you arent supposed to do to get what you want... i was told massa didnt backup anyone in 2008..so be it.. i stand corrected... this is racing and not fairytale...as long as anything you do is not illegal...you can get away with it... cos in the end.. you reap what you sow..

Very nice result for our team, what a drive by Seb, shame that Ferrari is still unable to get both strategies right.

Hope this podium will inspire the team forward towards next year.

Congrats to Rosberg, a deserving WC, shame for Hamilton, he still is the faster of the two and would have easily won without his technical problems.

Bring on 2017!!!

Forza Ferrari!

check how fans got excited....sebs overtake on max..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Y0nMQi9zI

check how fans got excited....sebs overtake on max..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Y0nMQi9zI
    That was a great pass!

Disappointed Since 2010

Rosberg didn't cracked under huge pressure and lewis just lost the mental fight .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Don't necessarily disagree with what Lewis did, but if Nico had done that he would have gotten a battering from the UK media for not being a 'racer'.
    Also Lewis' behaviour on track paled in comparison to the utter lack of class and humility he showed in the C4 interview afterwards. Can't stand him, he's immensely talented, but I'd sooner boil my own head than ever see him driving for Ferrari.
    Forza Jules

Big time dislike here, myself included, turned to love when Seb stopped waving his #1 winning finger and joined Ferrari! Lewis is a true champion F1 driver. He tried his heart out to erase 12 points and win WDC . If Seb would have caused any problem for Nico last lap I would have called it racing!