Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    merc has a fresh engine for the rest of the season. so we really can't throw everything at it. we just need to capitalize on any mistakes and not make any of our own.
    Merc only has stale engines left for the rest of the season - they cannot introduce a new engine for the rest of the year. Conversely, we can introduce one more fresh engine when it suits us.

merc has a fresh engine for the rest of the season. so we really can't throw everything at it. we just need to capitalize on any mistakes and not make any of our own.
    Fresh engine? If anyone has a fresh engine it's us as we still got 1 which has not been introduced yet. Merc have used engines

They can introduce new engines, just not new specs and they'll take grid penalties. Buy they might still do so at tracks where they can start low and finish high.

Seb's car got him on pole as is. His driving and bad luck got him DNF. His engine did him fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Seb's car got him on pole as is. His driving and bad luck got him DNF. His engine did him fine.
    Yeah but in Singapore where the PU doesn't matter much. We'll have more difficulties in Malaysia. Considering that next year we'll have the same engines, why not introducing new spects this season? If the team can physically do that of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah but in Singapore where the PU doesn't matter much. We'll have more difficulties in Malaysia.
    Correct on both counts.

Mercedes right now will be assessing risks and damage control going forward depending where everyone sits on the grid after quali during these last 6 races. Expect Bottas to give up his position possibly via team orders should he take P1 or pit stop as he plays #2 from here on out and/or taking care of Lewis's back.

Drivers pts. currently

Lewis 263

Seb 235

Bottas 212

Ricci 162

Kimi 138

Constr. Pts.

Mercedes 475

Ferrari 373

RedBull 230

everyone below Kimi in the drivers pts have no way of winning the WDC. Everyone below RedBull in the Constr. pts have no way of winning the WCC.

Wrong. Mercedes have introduced their last available upgrade. They can now cycle between their available engines for the remainder of the season, but cannot be upgraded.

Ferrari has only introduced 3 engines, so can introduce upgrades on the 4th. They, too, will then cycle through their engines for the remainder of the season.

Hope we didn't suffer any PU damage from all that carnage...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Hope we didn't suffer any PU damage from all that carnage...
    Vettels engine is ok and can be used again according to Ferrari :)

Quote Originally Posted by Settantasette View Post
    Vettels engine is ok and can be used again according to Ferrari :)
    good news.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    good news.
    Any news about 4th spec PU?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Any news about 4th spec PU?
    F1aT reports that performance gains from spec4 expected to be minors.Its a speculation that i read in motosport.it also amd the reason is the delay from the team to introduce the new pu.In Malaysia they say thar we will use again the spec3 pu that Vet and Kimi haf in Singapure,,since they didn't use it in the race.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    F1aT reports that performance gains from spec4 expected to be minors.Its a speculation that i read in motosport.it also amd the reason is the delay from the team to introduce the new pu.In Malaysia they say thar we will use again the spec3 pu that Vet and Kimi haf in Singapure,,since they didn't use it in the race.
    If that is the truth, then the season is officially over

Focus resources on 2018 imo, maybe we can get some type of advantage in first few races next year before in season development catches us again.

with the word being engine is only minor improvements... spending that much time just to introduce minor improvements... sheesh
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    If that is the truth, then the season is officially over
    Why would it be over? Remember in 2016 what happened to Hamilton in Malaysia? Besides, its better to run a reliable engine than hurry the new one which can prove to be unreliable yet. I dont know about F1aT's sources but I doubt that the team would spend so much time for so little gain. Let alone delay its introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Why would it be over? Remember in 2016 what happened to Hamilton in Malaysia? Besides, its better to run a reliable engine than hurry the new one which can prove to be unreliable yet. I dont know about F1aT's sources but I doubt that the team would spend so much time for so little gain. Let alone delay its introduction.
    Vetelli can still go for the Driver's but I think the Constructors Championship (my preference) is no longer within reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Vetelli can still go for the Driver's but I think the Constructors Championship (my preference) is no longer within reach.
    Honestly, no one cares about the constructor's championship.. What everyone will remember is the name of the winner of the driver's championship. I think Ferrari also does not give a damn about being 1st or 2nd among the constructors bcz they have tons of money regardless.

Honestly, no one cares about the constructor's championship.. What everyone will remember is the name of the winner of the driver's championship. I think Ferrari also does not give a damn about being 1st or 2nd among the constructors bcz they have tons of money regardless.
    Speak for yourself!!! For me as a TEAM supporter CWC means a lot!!! I am Ferrari TEAM supporter an I want team that I support to achieve CWC!!! That count for me. Drivers come and goes and I am not getting attached to much on them... If Ferrari driver wins WDC on top of Ferrari CWC that is a nice bonus!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Speak for yourself!!! For me as a TEAM supporter CWC means a lot!!! I am Ferrari TEAM supporter an I want team that I support to achieve CWC!!! That count for me. Drivers come and goes and I am not getting attached to much on them... If Ferrari driver wins WDC on top of Ferrari CWC that is a nice bonus!!!
    I also support teams not drivers but I think its the other way around. I obviously respect your opinion though. Let me ask you something. Based on your viewpoint, were you utterly happy lets say at the end of the 1999 season? Or in 2008? Because I was gutted both years that we lost the drivers championship and winning the constructors did not make it easier..

I also support teams not drivers but I think its the other way around. I obviously respect your opinion though. Let me ask you something. Based on your viewpoint, were you utterly happy lets say at the end of the 1999 season? Or in 2008? Because I was gutted both years that we lost the drivers championship and winning the constructors did not make it easier..
    Good question! Yes I was gutted and disappointed, but YES I was happy Ferrari won CWC.

The Constructor's championship is more important from a team and financial perspective, but it's usually the driver who gets all the attention and is more important in the public domain. It's common for drivers to have a particularly passionate following, in my case my favourite driver no longer drives for the only team I will ever support, which is of course Ferrari!

1999 was special as it was our first title since 1983. Also Hakkinen was lucky MS got injured that year. They do say most people only remember the drivers, but take Kimi for example, never a very popular champion it seems. In fact, if you asked a broad sample of people who was Ferrari's last F1 champion, I wouldn't be surprised if many said MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    1999 was special as it was our first title since 1983. Also Hakkinen was lucky MS got injured that year. They do say most people only remember the drivers, but take Kimi for example, never a very popular champion it seems. In fact, if you asked a broad sample of people who was Ferrari's last F1 champion, I wouldn't be surprised if many said MS.
    I'm sure Shumy retiring from F1 a Merc driver has given many great memories to the Merc fans as well.

Man i could rewatch all those Ferrari Schumi races and still be getting thrills today. What a time it was to be a fan
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

So Malaysia might be a wet weekend, if so im expecting another disaster like Monza and Singapore. I just don't think the SF70H and drivers are capable in those conditions

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    So Malaysia might be a wet weekend, if so im expecting another disaster like Monza and Singapore. I just don't think the SF70H and drivers are capable in those conditions
    another wet race? can't remember the last time we had 2 in a row.

another wet race? can't remember the last time we had 2 in a row.
    when we are good in wet, no wet races.....when we are bad in wet, we have plenty

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    We have no idea how the car would have performed in Singapore though....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I'm sure Shumy retiring from F1 a Merc driver has given many great memories to the Merc fans as well.
    Everyone associates Schumacher to Ferrari.
    Of course there are those that follow Mercedes and were happy to see him drive for them but truth being told, it is what it is.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve