Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

#TechF1 Differences between #KimiRaikkonen's ���� and #SebastianVettel's ����#Ferrari���� #SF70H #Amus

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLSGDSjXcAA0OdL.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLSGHiAW0AAumTR.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLSGIccXkAEPNup.jpg

#TechF1 Differences between #KimiRaikkonen's ���� and #SebastianVettel's ����#Ferrari���� #SF70H #Amus

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLSGDSjXcAA0OdL.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLSGHiAW0AAumTR.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLSGIccXkAEPNup.jpg

Was just told by Ferrari that Vettels airbox will be fitted with ears too for FP1. Wasn't enough time yet. Busy days for Ferrari mechanics
    Latest tweet from Tobi Gruner
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    I hope that's not the only update they brought to Suzuka. BTW, mechanics would deserve a premium due to their hard work over the last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Wt does that mean, I didn't get it actually.
    I think this upgrade was used in Malaysia too right ???? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It is much more important to put upgraded carbon airbox after all the calamity in Sepang.

Is the length of L1 the same or is less than the length of L2 of lower wishbone? I think there are not same....

You can also see the changes here:
    Attachment 7333
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

But I can see differences at the lower wishbone too...

I'm impressed with Ferrari's developement pace, everyone thought we would fall away after the Summer but it seems like the Mercs are struggling with their developement and slipping back by having the 3rd fastest car in the last 2 GP's. Apart from bad luck n the last few races Seb would have been leading comfortably.

Red Bull have probably made the biggest jump, then again they were so far behind it was easier to claw the time back as they just spend most their resources on the chassis, don't forget we have to solit our resource engine and chassis.

Does anyone know what the issues were for both our cars in Malaysia?

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Was posted on here that it was an element that serviced connectivity between the turbo and the motor. Don't quote me on that, though.

I`ve find this at a Serbian`s forum......

Ferrari brought in Malaysia a modified car in the intake ducts to adapt them to the new air intake. The failure of carbon tubes, however, with seniority and in different positions, has effectively deprived the engine of the air supply to the turbo compressor.
    The transmission of the ducts has probably resulted in a whole new arrangement of air ducts.
    It is said that the problem stems from the compressor that did not send air to the thermal engine (turbine). Probably the carbon ducts were good with the old version while in the new position, between vibrations and heat, they showed a certain fragility that had never been seen before. The hope is that it can be repaired quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    I`ve find this at a Serbian`s forum......

https://s1.postimg.org/5b70pt3xyn/image.jpg
    Imagine if fan forums know so much about the car then how much info does mercs have due to their little peeker guy on the grid.

I'm impressed with Ferrari's developement pace, everyone thought we would fall away after the Summer but it seems like the Mercs are struggling with their developement and slipping back by having the 3rd fastest car in the last 2 GP's. Apart from bad luck n the last few races Seb would have been leading comfortably.

Red Bull have probably made the biggest jump, then again they were so far behind it was easier to claw the time back as they just spend most their resources on the chassis, don't forget we have to solit our resource engine and chassis.
    I wonder if this has anything to do with Allison. We had trouble with our updates while he was here, sometimes seeming to make the car much worse and always having a hard time getting car to work properly.

I thought that new airbox design for malaysia gave them some increased speed, would suck if it was a one time thing, red bull stealing designs has made them a real threat on this narrow circuit
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

"Spoon" rear wing:

cool pics....seen them bout 2 hours ago......notice the rear wing--->back to the "W08" style on Kimi's car.

Also, anyone notice the 2 smaller wings above the push-rod/S-duct area of the car? Were they there before? First time I have noticed them.

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    We have the best looking car and its not even close
    That's for sure!

Slightly out of topic, >>> with Budkowski being confirmed as Renault's Executive Director, how much of our car's technical details being known and brought by this guy to rival?

Seriously until today I can still recall the spygate 10 years ago. And suddenly we have this loophole which the so-called 'spying' being made legal.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    We have the best looking car and its not even close
    Not to be a party breaker, but I would always prefer fast and reliable over beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Not to be a party breaker, but I would always prefer fast and reliable over beauty!
    Me too....

well, so far this season Ferrari have been keeping up with its development pretty well in comparison to Mercedes and Red fools....unlike in the past 9 years or so when after summer break we would fall flat on our faces in term of development.

so yeah, our car this season is FAST and in the second HALF of the season we're giving the mercs a run for their money....we JUST Need to work out our reliability issues, as well as SEB needs to keep his cool....cause without reliability issues and Seb NOT making stupid mistakes we could have had at LEAST THREE more wins this season and we would have been WAY ahead of Leuises in points

but like many others have said on here, it's easier to make a fast car reliable THEN it is to make a reliable car FAST.....as we've seen that many times over the years since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    well, so far this season Ferrari have been keeping up with its development pretty well in comparison to Mercedes and Red fools....unlike in the past 9 years or so when after summer break we would fall flat on our faces in term of development.

so yeah, our car this season is FAST and in the second HALF of the season we're giving the mercs a run for their money....we JUST Need to work out our reliability issues, as well as SEB needs to keep his cool....cause without reliability issues and Seb NOT making stupid mistakes we could have had at LEAST THREE more wins this season and we would have been WAY ahead of Leuises in points

but like many others have said on here, it's easier to make a fast car reliable THEN it is to make a reliable car FAST.....as we've seen that many times over the years since 2009

We need so much SV to win in Japan and LH to score as low as possible points

i know i totally agree with you.
    let's hope our car is fast enough to take POLE and also lets hope Kimi will be awake this weekend adn qualify up there as well to be Seb's rear gunner

and if the Red fools are going to be competitive also and ONE or BOTH of them quali ahead of Lewis (which will be a big task to ask for, given that Lewis is a good qualifier also) then thta wold be a perfect weekend.

fingers crossed for a good weekend and a Win for SEb.....cause boy do we need tohse wins now....like five wins back to back to back....

Title showdown till Abu Dhabi.

Ferrari needs to switch to turbo deisel pu. No spark plugs! Seb's car suffered an extremely tech problem with a spark plug ?

OCTOBER 9, 2017

Japanese supplier blamed for Vettel failure

Fingers of blame are pointing at a team supplier, after Ferrari's 2017 title campaign turned into a Japanese nightmare.

NGK, the supplier of spark plugs to the Italian team, is located just an hour from Suzuka.

And on Sunday, it was a simple failed spark plug that led to Sebastian Vettel's retirement -- and almost certainly left the world championship in the hands of Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton.

"The world cup dream for Ferrari has been postponed until 2018," Corriere della Sera declared.

Some are speculating that Ferrari's nightmare Asian tour could cost team boss Maurizio Arrivabene his job.

But the Italian knows where to look for Sunday's failure.

"Everybody saw what happened," said Arrivabene. "Do you see any mistake by the team?"

He told Italian television Sky: "The car is good beyond the components that cost us.

"But we have to turn the page, keep motivated, do the analysis of what happened, and go to Austin, even if the points (deficit) to Mercedes is a lot."

German Vettel defended his team, saying reliability problems can be the price of pushing hard. If he doesn't finish at least fifth in Austin and Hamilton wins again, the championship chase will be over definitively.

"I don't think you have to be a maths genius," said Vettel when asked if the title is slipping away. "But we still have a chance. It's just not in our hands as we would like it to be."

Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff was seen consoling Arrivabene on the Ferrari pitwall after Sunday's race.

"I get on very well with Maurizio and they must all feel awful," he said.

"Maybe it is the development slope of the team. They made a huge step forward from 2016 to 2017. Their car is super-fast, it just lacks reliability and that is the next step."

However, Wolff insisted it's not over until it's over, and his fellow Mercedes boss Niki Lauda agrees.

"I feel sorry for Sebastian," said Lauda. "Thank God it's them and not us, but Ferrari need to look where these small mistakes come from and correct them.

"Sebastian has a big deficit, but I always say that as long as the title is not won or lost, it is not won or lost."

I guess the spark-plug they ran in quali miss-fired at the start of the race. Parc Ferme rules.

Vettel may miss the WDC this season but I want to say how proud I'm of the team. They produced an innovative car with a team which is still 'young' after the overhaul over the past few years. The last 3 races you can't even make it up the luck we have had, If he didn't have bad luck we would have no luck at all.

The video below shows the passion the engineers have at Ferrari, look at 47sec where one of the Ferrari crew pushes a member of the Malaysian PM entourage. The passin goes right through the team and the loyal fans. I have been following and supporting Ferrari from the early 90's and lived through the dark years and also the good years. This year we gave Mercs a run for their money up to Singapore.

I'm sure next year we will come back stronger and get the job done, our car should be better. The engine should close up to the Mercs PU as we have more to gain, also we should eradicate these issues which have cost us the past 3 gps as Sergio has made some organisational changes for quality control.

Some 'fans' on here vent their frustrations the wrong way by attackng the team, not getting behind them. No body likes to lose but we win as a team and lose as a team and next year i'm very confident we will be winning.

Living in the UK everyone expects me to be either a Williams/McLaren/Hamilton/Button (when he was around) fan. However they don't understand the magic and passion that is assoicated with Ferrari and the whole story behind it.

My motto is, if you cut me 'I bleed red'��

Forza Ferrari

https://youtu.be/fCqLXlEPp8s
    Last edited by mizf1; 9th October 2017 at 12:27.