Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

I wish the next strategic meeting bring reliability issue to the table. I'm worried that at this rate, we are unable to finish 2018 without any penalty with 3 PUs. We could also lend Horner's hand on this case because he seemed repeatedly reject PU reduction idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Living in the UK everyone expects me to be either a Williams/McLaren/Hamilton/Button (when he was around) fan. However they don't understand the magic and passion that is assoicated with Ferrari and the whole story behind it.
    I wonder what percentage of former McLaren fans have become Merc fans in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I wonder what percentage of former McLaren fans have become Merc fans in the UK.
    I think most (non Ferrari) Brit F1 fans follow the best Brit driver at the time.
    Forza Ferrari

I thought Jetson retired .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    I thought Jetson retired .
    He's ardent supporter of Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He's ardent supporter of Hamilton.
    71 poles and still going! What's not to support! Considering the time Lewis has left to be in F1 he may very well be " The all time record holder". It's all about "Car + Driver " not just one of the two. Alonso comes close. Even close to top 10 with what he drives is a miracle when he can finish a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    71 poles and still going! What's not to support! Considering the time Lewis has left to be in F1 he may very well be " The all time record holder". It's all about "Car + Driver " not just one of the two. Alonso comes close. Even close to top 10 with what he drives is a miracle when he can finish a race.
    copy that. History in the making and all of us to witness it in this era/formula.

Remember when we said Merc has put everything they have on their car in Spain and that they won't be able to develop the car so much?
    Well, now Toto says Ferrari are paying the price for the rapid rate of improvement done on the car.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1...ef-toto-wolff/

We have gone for it and went aggressive something which has hurt us but it's much better than the Domenicalli days of playing it safe. Always said it's easier to make a fast car reliable than a slow car quicker. We are on the right path and to really push Merc this year is probably better than expected, next year is massive for us. Feels similar to the beginning of the Schumi era with the team beginning to head in the right direction and it's just a matter of when it all comes together not if.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We have gone for it and went aggressive something which has hurt us but it's much better than the Domenicalli days of playing it safe. Always said it's easier to make a fast car reliable than a slow car quicker. We are on the right path and to really push Merc this year is probably better than expected, next year is massive for us. Feels similar to the beginning of the Schumi era with the team beginning to head in the right direction and it's just a matter of when it all comes together not if.
    TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!!
    This is the reason why i still have high praise for this team, because for the 1st time in a very long time, we have kept developing our car, not given up on it half way through the season. Ok it didnt work, it may still work but too late now to win the championship imo, but at least we went for it! We tried something, and like you said, if we keep this up im very sure we can build the perfect car for Seb (and Kimi) and we all kow what will happen then...... 2002/04 part 2! Bring it on
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

I too have same feeling. It's the beginning of ferrari dominance.

...just need to start....

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, first it need to happen before we start taking credit for it ;)
    For example we might start by winning all the remaining 4 races this year, if that happens than we might start to contemplate the tough of Ferrari dominating although one might argue that next year everyone will start from scratch and we have to do it all over again.... although it would be a good start never the less :)
    Realistically we should just take the races one at the time and try to get the best result possible, when was the last time Ferrari won a race anyway? It feels like forever...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    ...just need to start....
    It started in 2016. Where Ferrari were caught by reliability ( regular gear box penalties & crashes)

In 2017 first half of season was excellent. Start of 2nd half was also good (spa we had fastest car), except Monza (set-up issue) rest of races Singapore, Malaysia we were strong. So reliability caught Ferrari at wrong time.

Next year we have a strong car which should be reliable & also vet should not do any cheeky things at start. Then we gonna win it.

I would say ham had 40% of luck in this years championship (1st half SC help, bottas help, 2nd half Ferrari reliability n crashes)
    There were couple of tracks he struggled to match up this year. I would say Not a complete drive.

ferrari keep saying that it was a spark plug issue this time, and then last races when both cars had an issue with the turbo to engine pipe being faulty.

all i can say is that EVER since we introduced the supa dupa 4th engine, the one that was supposed give us more power, blah, blah, blah....we seem to fall flat on our faces.

remember a month or longer back (around spa) when the merc introduced their updated engine, rumors were that the 4th ferrari engine was still on the dyno being tested, this and that....and they they will introduce it later in the season when they would iron the bugs out of it???

well i thing the "bugs" are still there and ferrari takes the escape goat saying it was a spark plug issue

i personally thing we're running that engine at the VERY edge and now we're seeing all this gremlins with it

at least ferrari will have all winter to work out the ICE and hopefully come 2018 will come out on top

I would say ham had 40% of luck in this years championship (1st half SC help, bottas help, 2nd half Ferrari reliability n crashes)
    There were couple of tracks he struggled to match up this year. I would say Not a complete drive.
    When you start blaming things like the Safety Car for the loss of a championship over 20 races then you are in dire straits indeed. What next? Vettel woke up on the wrong side of the bed perhaps? It smacks of desperation, same way Mercedes tried to blame the loss at the Australian GP on being stuck behind Verstappen. These things are part of racing and all you can do is learn from them, not try to take credit away from those who have done a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    When you start blaming things like the Safety Car for the loss of a championship over 20 races then you are in dire straits indeed. What next? Vettel woke up on the wrong side of the bed perhaps? It smacks of desperation, same way Mercedes tried to blame the loss at the Australian GP on being stuck behind Verstappen. These things are part of racing and all you can do is learn from them, not try to take credit away from those who have done a better job.
    If you want to give credit then it will go to Vettel. As he was consistent this year except those mistakes.
    Haven't you seen Hamilton struggle at few tracks n where he was seeking bottas help ???
    Did vet struggled ?? He was consistent at all tracks.

Giving credit to Seb for falling 59 pts. behind the struggling Lewis who with help from his wing man managed so far 396 pts. 71 poles! To call Seb consistent just dosen't seem to fit. Struggling to win is F1 at it's best. I wish Seb to be the struggler.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Giving credit to Seb for falling 59 pts. behind the struggling Lewis who with help from his wing man managed so far 396 pts. 71 poles! To call Seb consistent just dosen't seem to fit. Struggling to win is F1 at it's best. I wish Seb to be the struggler.
    Well Seb was pretty consistent except Singapore. Baku was road rage nothing to do with racing. But yeah, Lewis never made a huge racing mistake this year while Seb did one.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

well i thing the "bugs" are still there and ferrari takes the escape goat saying it was a spark plug issue

i personally thing we're running that engine at the VERY edge and now we're seeing all this gremlins with it
    something fishy going on I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    something fishy going on I agree.
    at least the know what to fix for next year

This!!!
    If this was our learning year, then Merc is in big trouble next year.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    This!!!
    If this was our learning year, then Merc is in big trouble next year.
    But we don't know if this was Merc's learning year as well, lol.

The Ferrari Formula 1 team has drafted in Maria Mendoza, an expert in metals and chemicals, to help boost its quality control department.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...endoza-964410/

Quote Originally Posted by giulia View Post
    The Ferrari Formula 1 team has drafted in Maria Mendoza, an expert in metals and chemicals, to help boost its quality control department.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...endoza-964410/
    Glad to hear positive changes (without sacking anyone) are already being made.

Ferrari found the root of recent technical woes

Ferrari was dogged by different reliability issues over the last two Grand Prix weekends. Both Kimi Räikkönen and Sebastian Vettel’s car suffered fatal technical gremlins in the Malaysian and the Japanese GP.

In Malaysia, Sebastian Vettel could not set a lap time during the qualifying session while Kimi Räikkönen who only missed the pole position by 0.045 thousands of a second to Lewis Hamilton was forced to retire even before the race started.

On Monday, the Italian press was as expected cruelly critical towards the fabled Italian marque and claimed that Maranello destroyed everything it has built so far this season. Sebastian Vettel who led the championship for the majority of the season has fallen back behind Lewis Hamilton and his deficit of 59 points means his chances are only mathematical.

This follows an astonishing resurgence of the Italian team. Ferrari is the first team which could mount a real challenge to the Mercedes squad which has showed a total dominance since the inception of the new V6 hybrid era. With a heavily updated power unit and a convincing downforce level through medium and high-speed bends, Ferrari won four races and lost more races only due to misfortune and reliability woes.

In Malaysia, Ferrari had the same engine problem on both cars. Vettel could not set any time in the qualifying which sent the German back to the field while his team-mate experienced the same woes on his way to the grid on his reconnaissance laps. Ferrari sent the malfunctioning power units back to Maranello after the GP and the engineers identified the root of the problems on Monday. They found cracks on the carbon pipes which connect the turbo with the engine. The components got reinforced.

In Japan, Ferrari was not the leading force in the qualifying session, but its race pace looked superior like in Malaysia a week before. Vettel could start the race from the second place, but the German was hit by engine issues on his reconnaissance laps.

The quadruple driver recognized that the engine does not deliver the right amount of power and the engineers could see immediately on the telemetry that the problem is inside the combustion engine. The team wanted to fix the problem on the grid. When it identified that a spark plug was to blame for the malfunction, it was clear that there was no time to change that. Unlike in a road car, spark plugs can only be changed when the whole airbox is removed.

Vettel was asked to restart the whole electronic system, but that did not bring any remedy. Ironically, Ferrari’s he spark plug is produced by NGK which has its headquarter in Japan, Nagoya which is located only 60km from Suzuka. The spark plug which ruined the race and probably the whole championship costs 59EUR.

Ferrari’s president Sergio Marchionne urged his team to reinforce its quality control to avoid reliability woes in the future.

“Without being arrogant I think Ferrari is at or beyond Mercedes’ level today," Marchionne added.

"I have immense confidence that in the next four races we will be able to close the gap to them."

"We need to renew our commitment to the quality of the components we use for F1. On at least three occasions it has had a devastating impact on the Scuderia’s performance. We will fix it," concluded the American-Italian.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/21407
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Let us hope it is the start of something special. SM at least recognized the extent of the problem. Although I do not understand why he keeps saying that we can win this year. Should focus all energy on 2018 and come back dominating.

Ferrari fans are still looking forward to the rest of the F1 year. If Seb wins a race or two or Kimi, it will be a great ending for the year.

does anyone know if Merc also uses NGK sparkplugs? maybe Bosch?