Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1338638899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 3405

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Don't really know where to place this, but are there not bigger problems in F1 to worry about?

https://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/11/...veals-designs/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Don't really know where to place this, but are there not bigger problems in F1 to worry about?

As they say in a lot of police procedural dramas "Move along, nothing to see here". How many cost-reduction millions will it cost to design and implement a "new" logo?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Your last paragraph goes to show that motor-racing per se no longer exists, de-tuned engines to aid reliability, driving around tyre issues, next they'll all be in fuel-saving mode from the start....where will it end? I don't like the 3 engine rule either, and with the issues Ferrari have suffered whilst losing this year's championship, I'm surprised that they're being so confident of their engine's future reliability!
    I forgot to add that I'm also not in favour of DRS as it's artificial, and the problems created by the aerodynamics of the wings don't allow for close racing either. If we want close, competitive racing, it all has to be simpler, from engines to aero and tyres, that would reduce costs considerably. It's a simplistic view, I know, but when I started watching F1 in my youth, we had bog-standard racing cars!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I forgot to add that I'm also not in favour of DRS as it's artificial, and the problems created by the aerodynamics of the wings don't allow for close racing either. If we want close, competitive racing, it all has to be simpler, from engines to aero and tyres, that would reduce costs considerably. It's a simplistic view, I know, but when I started watching F1 in my youth, we had bog-standard racing cars!

I completely agree with everything you said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

I completely agree with everything you said!!!
    Thanks stefa, just having a Sunday rant as there's no race, but we should celebrate AF Corse's win and WDC in the WEC, Forza Ferrari is always the most important thing and F1 would die without a Prancing Horse on the grid.

Whaat?! That logo is one of the best things F1 has at the moment. It's a timeless design that can pass all tests of time thrown at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Whaat?! That logo is one of the best things F1 has at the moment. It's a timeless design that can pass all tests of time thrown at it.
    The new designs are awful

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Totally agree
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Those designs doesn't look eligible for the 80's let alone modern times.

The current F1 logo is not that great, its confusing and stupid to put a white 1. That being said, those logos are ugly as . So they are a no go. It must be changed, but not with one of those suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    The current F1 logo is not that great, its confusing and stupid to put a white 1. That being said, those logos are ugly as . So they are a no go. It must be changed, but not with one of those suggestions
    How come it's confusing? It's a very neat design with a subliminal element to it. It's great.

Like the old F1 logo.

Don't like any of the new.

Its Liberty, out with old logo, in with the new logo. (sigh)

Well... I just quickly took one of the logos, that is half decent and went on for a few minutes of brainstorm about how to make it a little bit more acceptable for me and to stay true to the original as much, as possible. This is what I came up with. It's just for fun, done in few minutes, but I think it shows, that these are (hopefully) not ment seriously and the final one will be much better.

P.S. I know about the white space being the "1" in the old logo. I just didn't really feel like taking the time to incomporate this kind of clever design into these.

https://imgur.com/ShZRw3k
    Last edited by Kyss4k; 24th November 2017 at 17:35.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well... I just quickly took one of the logos, that is half decent and went on for a few minutes of brainstorm about how to make it a little bit more acceptable for me and to stay true to the original as much, as possible. This is what I came up with. It's just for fun, done in few minutes, but I think it shows, that these are (hopefully) not ment seriously and the final one will be much better.

P.S. I know about the white space being the "1" in the old logo. I just didn't really feel like taking the time to incomporate this kind of clever design into these.

Hey, not bad. Better than those potential solutions for sure. Imagine what you can do if you really put some effort into it. However, i don't think the logo needs to be changed. See you dabble with graphic design, where do you stand on this subject?

Hey, not bad. Better than those potential solutions for sure. Imagine what you can do if you really put some effort into it. However, i don't think the logo needs to be changed. See you dabble with graphic design, where do you stand on this subject?
    Exactly the point. If I had an offer on the table for this kind of money the designers get from FIA, really cool things could be done. Where I stand is that the logo change is not a critical issue. It's recognizable, clever and have some serious history which is now being thrown away. Sure, it looks a little bit dated to the current standards, so maybe update is not a bad idea, but I stress the word UPDATE. Make it sleeker, punchier, but keep the character.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Shark fins won’t make 2018 F1 return https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...season-982404/ … via @motorsport

That’s bad news. I really liked them.

Exactly the point. If I had an offer on the table for this kind of money the designers get from FIA, really cool things could be done. Where I stand is that the logo change is not a critical issue. It's recognizable, clever and have some serious history which is now being thrown away. Sure, it looks a little bit dated to the current standards, so maybe update is not a bad idea, but I stress the word UPDATE. Make it sleeker, punchier, but keep the character.
    I’ve just been sent this, F1 logo already been released

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPbvIzUXkAEZXlr.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    That’s bad news. I really liked them.
    RB are the 1st one to oppose ban on shark fin n T wing for next year. FIA obliged it. Gr8.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    RB are the 1st one to oppose ban on shark fin n T wing for next year. FIA obliged it. Gr8.
    I thought it was Mclaren that threw it in last second (Abu Dhabi GP)....being as how to throw a curve ball to the other teams that got their cars designed around it and Mclaren did'nt design their cars around the sail/shark-fin.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I thought it was Mclaren that threw it in last second (Abu Dhabi GP)....being as how to throw a curve ball to the other teams that got their cars designed around it and Mclaren did'nt design their cars around the sail/shark-fin.
    RB were the first team then joined by McLaren.

Hopefully Ferrari will make a step forward next year. Chassis wise our car was probably the best, but current formula 1 is engine dominant so we need a powerful & reliable PU next year.

FORZA!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Hopefully Ferrari will make a step forward next year. Chassis wise our car was probably the best, but current formula 1 is engine dominant so we need a powerful & reliable PU next year.

FORZA!
    There is rumour that GeS and GT department have joined forces on the 2018 PU project, Iotti (the new engine chief) comes directly from the GT department. I'm not sure how a man from GT can help us with PU

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    There is rumour that GeS and GT department have joined forces on the 2018 PU project, Iotti (the new engine chief) comes directly from the GT department. I'm not sure how a man from GT can help us with PU
    Yawn
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yawn
    It's a legit question :D

Let's see your opinion on this matter for example, what do you think GT guys bring to the table?

May he will give few HP's from his pocket. That may be enough to screw mercs.

It's a legit question :D

Let's see your opinion on this matter for example, what do you think GT guys bring to the table?
    They don't have engines in GT I guess......did you think what would a rally co-driver bring to the table?
    Forza Ferrari

We threw it away in Asia, otherwise it was a dead heat. Vettel did good job, Raikkonen pretty mediocre apart of few grands prix. Still best season since 2012 and good development work for once. There are positives to look forward to in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    They don't have engines in GT I guess......did you think what would a rally co-driver bring to the table?
    You can not apply that logic here

sorry for not being on same table, but what do you mean in GT?
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE