Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

So for now we have good engine based on speculation. If we exclude 2014 we have very good engine past few years.

Aero segment is what is fear for me.

This year we have much larger barge boards, ferrari was very strong in that field from early 2000.

What we can except from this aero regulations we will see.

Ferrari in history never was pin point straight forwar with changes , so I dont except championship winning car. Also if we have good car, our development season is very low.

Rb, Merc even Mclaren have strongest development.
    Ferrari = 235 victories + 219 pole positions + 248 fastest laps = constructors championships 16

Quote Originally Posted by zamlatuljko View Post
    So for now we have good engine based on speculation. If we exclude 2014 we have very good engine past few years.

Aero segment is what is fear for me.

This year we have much larger barge boards, ferrari was very strong in that field from early 2000.

What we can except from this aero regulations we will see.

Ferrari in history never was pin point straight forwar with changes , so I dont except championship winning car. Also if we have good car, our development season is very low.

Rb, Merc even Mclaren have strongest development.
    I don't think 2015's in-season development was bad at all. We stayed far ahead of the rest of the back. Last year's development was poor because of the departure of James Allison, and because it was probably halted to focus on this year's car.

Disappointed Since 2010

Meh I think Allison is overrated the 2016 car was all his and it wasn't very good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatore View Post
    Meh I think Allison is overrated the 2016 car was all his and it wasn't very good at all.
    They were too aggressive, they wanted to take it to mercedes pase wise, at all costs. The season started with Ferrari a clear 2nd, but far behind Mercs, which had the experience of the v6 hibrids a long time, like someone added here.

Scuderia Ferrari completed a two-day testing outing at its own test track in Fiorano. The Italian squad put correlation work on its agenda and carried out a couple of runs despite to the rainy, cold weather conditions

Ferrari fired up its two-year old model SF15-T in Fiorano to complete a test. The programme was based on correlation work which aimed to evaluate the data gathered in the simulator and compare that with the real on-track data.

Ferrari's newly recruited third driver Antonio Giovinazzi drove on the first day while on the second day the driving duties were shared by the Italian in the morning and the team's last champion Kimi Räikkönen who took over the wheel for the afternoon.

The SF15-T was in standard configuration, which means the team did not run its 'mule' car which mimiced the downforce levels expected in 2017.

23-year-old Giovinazzi sounded delighted after the test.

„It was a nice feeling to complete the first laps in a Formula 1 car. It is a unique experience for an Italian to leave the garage with a Ferrari."

"The test itself was also interesting. There were many procedures which I had to follow. The guys were very friendly and made my life easy. I want to say a big thank you for that to the whole team,” said the man from Martina Franca.

Ferrari will continue to work on 9th and 10th February when it evaluates Pirelli's wet weather tyres for the forthcoming season.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Former Ferrari driver Gerhard Berger has predicted another hard year for the Scuderia, saying that he sees little prospect of revived fortunes against the likes of Mercedes and Red Bull.

“My heart is Ferrari and it hurts to criticise,” said the German, who drove for the team for three years in the 1980s, and returned for another three-season stint at Maranello in the 1990s, during which time he claimed five of his ten Grand Prix victories.

The situation now is like this: Ferrari in 2015 with luck took some successes, and they assumed that was an achievement. But they are now really far from Mercedes and Red Bull. Somehow Ferrari is back where they were when I drove for them."

"Ferrari is sensitive to any criticism," he said. "It is somehow the 'golden calf', which one must not touch.

Berger repeated his comments that Sebastian Vettel had been wrong to move from Red Bull to Maranello in 2015, and said that the four-time world champion might have to consider moving on at the end of 2017.

"He underestimated what Michael [Schumacher] did," Berger insisted. “Michael went to Ferrari, but he took Benetton people with him.

"When he arrived, Ferrari was in the same state that it is today. Sebastian should have made the move to Ferrari only if he could - as Michael did - take key figures from Red Bull along with him.

“I don't see there will be much change at Ferrari in 2017, and then Vettel will need to make a decision."

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Former Ferrari driver Gerhard Berger has predicted another hard year for the Scuderia, saying that he sees little prospect of revived fortunes against the likes of Mercedes and Red Bull.

“My heart is Ferrari and it hurts to criticise,” said the German, who drove for the team for three years in the 1980s, and returned for another three-season stint at Maranello in the 1990s, during which time he claimed five of his ten Grand Prix victories.

The situation now is like this: Ferrari in 2015 with luck took some successes, and they assumed that was an achievement. But they are now really far from Mercedes and Red Bull. Somehow Ferrari is back where they were when I drove for them."

"Ferrari is sensitive to any criticism," he said. "It is somehow the 'golden calf', which one must not touch.

Berger repeated his comments that Sebastian Vettel had been wrong to move from Red Bull to Maranello in 2015, and said that the four-time world champion might have to consider moving on at the end of 2017.

"He underestimated what Michael [Schumacher] did," Berger insisted. “Michael went to Ferrari, but he took Benetton people with him.

"When he arrived, Ferrari was in the same state that it is today. Sebastian should have made the move to Ferrari only if he could - as Michael did - take key figures from Red Bull along with him.

“I don't see there will be much change at Ferrari in 2017, and then Vettel will need to make a decision."
    Gerhard is Austrian, not German.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Gerhard is Austrian, not German.
    I only copy and pasted the article, but his origin are not the issue, the problem is that he among others ex drivers and TP thinks we will be nowhere near the top

I only copy and pasted the article, but his origin are not the issue, the problem is that he among others ex drivers and TP thinks we will be nowhere near the top
    Like the people that said Lewis was stupid to join Merc?
    Forza Ferrari

I believe that after winning 4 titles in a row with the same team, Seb wanted a challenge, and hes getting it, just like Michael did. Whether or not he has the same passion and patience as Michael is yet to be seen.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    I believe that after winning 4 titles in a row with the same team, Seb wanted a challenge, and hes getting it, just like Michael did. Whether or not he has the same passion and patience as Michael is yet to be seen.
    Different situations. When Michael left Benetton for Ferrari, he brought some/most of the team with him. When Vettel left RedBull after winning 4 WDC's, he brought no team with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Different situations. When Michael left Benetton for Ferrari, he brought some/most of the team with him. When Vettel left RedBull after winning 4 WDC's, he brought no team with him.
    ^this....he should have brought some key members with him from red fools

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I'm surprised based on how there relationship seemed to be that Rocky didn't come over with him.

Ι have faith in this team,as it is!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Ι have faith in this team,as it is!!!
    Is your faith based on something or it's just dogmatic

Probably based on the same thing you base your constant negativity
    Forza Ferrari

probably just GUT feeling....ha, ha...

Based on how the team works after summer and until now.We see the the search every loophole for ourselves and if the rivals are braking the rules so they dont have an unfair advantage.
    So yeah, again i see that there is potential in THIS team.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Based on how the team works after summer and until now.We see the the search every loophole for ourselves and if the rivals are braking the rules so they dont have an unfair advantage.
    Fair enough, I hope you are right so we could all be happy....... I had faith in last year team

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Like the people that said Lewis was stupid to join Merc?
    Mercedes showed Lewis how much they have worked on that v6 hybrid engine, he was easily sold after that, who wouldnt be? What did Ferrari show Seb? Pictures from past glory?
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 7th February 2017 at 21:04.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Mercedes showed Lewis how much they have worked on that v6 hybrid engine, he was easily sold after that, who wouldnt be? What did Ferrari show Seb? Pictures from past glory?
    Did they? were you there? Showing something does not mean it will work.....
    Forza Ferrari

I've been reading all the latest posts, and I find myself anxious to see the new cars and their looks. As for our team... I too hope that we can deliver our drivers a strong competitive car, but even if the team does a superb job, the others are not sleeping, and most important, theres no big news "leaking" regarding their projects. Even the first tests won't give a true indication about the competitive order of all teams. But I do hope we can be a strong presence on the top of the timesheets... Forza!!!

Let me rephrase it.

What did Seb showed? Pictures from the past glory with best racing car.
    He wasn't near to be called "great" driver in Ferrari.
    Only thing which he did, he brought his notebook...
    So why Ferrari needed to show him something?

Others are doing that very successfully for years now....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Others are doing that very successfully for years now....
    I know.
    But possibly this year we could do it better!!!Maybe not,who knows.
    I keep on believing in this team,year after year!!!For me every year we have a new chance of doing better job then the others.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Did they? were you there? Showing something does not mean it will work.....
    Hahaha... Noooo they didnt show him anything:)))) they told him it's a surprise, just sign with us and you will find out. Good for a laugh

Hahaha... Noooo they didnt show him anything:)))) they told him it's a surprise, just sign with us and you will find out. Good for a laugh
    ...and than just a couple of years later he is dominant figure in Formula 1....

So Ferrari could show the same, does not mean it works.....clearly. But the point is when Lewis joined Merc most pundits thought it was a mistake....
    Forza Ferrari

So Ferrari could show the same, does not mean it works.....clearly. But the point is when Lewis joined Merc most pundits thought it was a mistake....
    including me....BOY was i wrong....