Page 18 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132436893 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Sadly, more "bad news"
    In a few days now we may finally see the new Ferrari will face the season 2017 (Feb. 24 in Maranello) and questions about the new creation signed Binotto It is growing more and more.

During the radio program "All summoned" conducted by Carlo Genta and Pierluigi Pardo last Friday, Leo Turrini Nonto experienced sports journalist of Formula 1 and close to the environments of Ferrari has left to go to a joke about the new car.

We know how Turrini annually reveal the advances on the car of the coming year, revealing more details or interesting curiosity that always turn out to be spot on.

Friday, however, the Leo statements are not among the happiest for fans of the Ferrari, the statement of the conductor that rocordava as February 24 next fall the veils of the new Ferrari, Leo made the following comments:
    I want to make an anticipation: nothing under the dress, but I hope to be wrong.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

2017 Ferrari aero issues, unlikely to challenge Mercedes February 12, 2017 · by El Jefe Maximo

We are only a week away from the first 2017 car introductions. The kick-off will be by Sauber on the 20th of February. We will see loads of news because of the regulatory changes. Broader and lower: we expect the cars to be spectacular and aggressive-looking.

The last 2 months before the reveal are a hectic period. The pressure is on full to finish the work. It is also the month where the first teasers appear, and where the first rumours concerning the cars start circulating.

It is also these months where cars are run through simulators to accumulate data. Although these data are top secret, personal contacts give teams ways to peek at the other teams’ data.

Rumours has it that the Maranello team were not really happy when comparing their data to those of other teams. Wind-tunnel data has not been as good as expected when comparing it to the competition. The team has not made a very confident impression over the last couple of seasons, and this hits right at the heart of their insecurity.

Did James Allison’s departure of the team caught Maurizio Arrivabene by surprise? It seems so. Allison’s wife passed away in March 2016, and he left the team in June 2016 to spend more time with his family. Mattia Binotto took over. By then work on the 2017 car had already started, and left Ferrari with a semi-developed car.

The 2017 car, the SF17-JB (possibly named after Jules Bianchi), made Ferrari decide to once again call in for help from Rory Byrne. The 72 year old, has already resigned from F1 more than once, but is called upon by Ferrari when they need help. Byrne was the leading designer in the period that Schumacher wan his world-titles at Ferrari.

Ferrari has never been the team that wanted to exploit the regulation passed its limits, but the return of Byrne suggests the 2017 might be more radical and advanced than other season.

However, as already stated, rumours are that the car doesn’t aerodynamically perform as Ferrari wishes. Looking at the information arriving at Ferrari HQ in Maranello in recent weeks, they realised that the car they conceived may not be particularly competitive compared to the brand new Mercedes W08. It is not even a single issue problem, as we hear that the car under performs in aerodynamic drag (wind resistance), as well as in its capability to generate downforce. Is this because of the car being left without its original designer, or because of the aggressiveness of Byrne’s modifications?

What we gather is that Ferrari technicians have been sent back to the drawing board. This would make a major upgrade possible a couple of months into the season.

In an effort to compensate, the Italians are putting every thing they have to squeeze the last bit of power out of the engine. Will this prove to be effective?

This means that at the beginning of the season we will likely see Ferrari falling short to hook up with Mercedes. Not good news for the Tifosi. Will this season prove the closing of the gap with Mercedes, or will it tip the scale for Vettel and decide to switch teams?

Rather encouragingly, the team successfully fired up their 2017 Power Unit for the first time today (Sunday 12th) with the car due to turn a wheel in two weeks on the Friday 24th at Fiorano for a ‘filming day’.

source: https://thejudge13.com/2017/02/12/20...enge-mercedes/

ah so they took the Italian article and used it as their own news LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    ah so they took the Italian article and used it as their own news LOL
    Pretty much.....but that what some of us here, who are privy to the info, do as well as these F1 journalists.....we take the info and post it for all the tifosi to read.....but the way this worked out is, we already knew this due to the info gathered in Italian and take bits and pieces of the info that way we the tifosi can make our own judgements and debates. So we, all of us, knew this already.

I'll continue to reserve judgement until after the Australian Grand Prix.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I'll continue to reserve judgement until after the Australian Grand Prix.
    Three weeks ago, the car was producing excellent numbers and everyone at maranello was happy and... now this. I would also ignore all positive/negative news until Q3 in melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Three weeks ago, the car was producing excellent numbers and everyone at maranello was happy and... now this. I would also ignore all positive/negative news until Q3 in melbourne.
    i was gonna say the same...all was good 3 weeks back (unless those were false news also), but if they weren't false, then how come all of a sudden Ferrari is not looking good adn numbers in the wind tunel...etc, etc not looking good....

over the years i've come to a conclusion to take ALL these rumors with a grain of salt and pepper....and will hold my breath until quali in OZ, or more importantly after the first 3-4 races into the season to know exactly where OUR Ferrari team stacks up against the other top teams

amen.

I don't buy it the truth is no one knows.

I hope all of this bad news for Ferrari is not true after all. #ForzaFerrari ������

The thing that bothers me the most in AnalisiTechnical's theory, is how can a team knows anothers team data????????!!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The thing that bothers me the most in AnalisiTechnical's theory, is how can a team knows anothers team data????????!!!!!!!!!
    Key Is tyres dimension.
    No one knows how their car will behave with new dimensions and compounds.
    Thatīs facts.
    I'm just waiting barcelona test and melbourne Q.

How on earth does Ferrari or any other team know what their competitors wind tunnel data is showing?? It would be pretty bloody stupid if this kinda info was passed around
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Just found this in a Greek Ferrari group on Facebook.
    In find it terrible. YOU???
    Attachment 6858
    That's awesome. A Lego Ferrari to go with my Lego Batman.

I hope that's not what the new cars are going to look like... but if this is Ferrari getting radical and pushing the boundaries.. I say we need a bit more conventional.

Attachment 6858
    A face that only a mother could love

These Ferrari future F1 design interpretations have never proven to be correct going as far back as I can remember, so I wouldn't worry about the look....

As for the rumours, these are troubling... The Ferrari factory seems to have employees with very loose lips... quite a bit of the information in the past has been correct so it's a bit disheartening at the moment, but it is what it is...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Hills View Post
    A face that only a mother could love

I havet heard that this year the teams are on obliged to give FIA and Pirelli their estimates so the tires will be in the correct range. Then they can give hints to other teams.

Even IF the numbers are not exactly correct it will give a hint of the pecking order downforce wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    These Ferrari future F1 design interpretations have never proven to be correct going as far back as I can remember, so I wouldn't worry about the look....

As for the rumours, these are troubling... The Ferrari factory seems to have employees with very loose lips... quite a bit of the information in the past has been correct so it's a bit disheartening at the moment, but it is what it is...
    I don't believe these rumors. I am good friends with many on the team and they refuse to say anything as well I refuse to ask..
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i was gonna say the same...all was good 3 weeks back (unless those were false news also), but if they weren't false, then how come all of a sudden Ferrari is not looking good adn numbers in the wind tunel...etc, etc not looking good....

over the years i've come to a conclusion to take ALL these rumors with a grain of salt and pepper....and will hold my breath until quali in OZ, or more importantly after the first 3-4 races into the season to know exactly where OUR Ferrari team stacks up against the other top teams

amen.
    I talked with a dear friend who is a mechanic there this last Friday, they love the new car, are working very hard on the car, lots of hours, and they are excited about it. I won't believe these negative rumors until I see them, especially given the enthusiasm shown by those who are actually building it.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    I don't believe these rumors. I am good friends with many on the team and they refuse to say anything as well I refuse to ask..
    that's the way it should be; tight lipped and keep "cards" close to their chests.....i too don't believe none of that nonsense rumours crap unless it came from the HORSE's mouth.....Ferrari OR unless there was a confession made by Ferrari on one of these credible sites, like autosport.com

Forza Ferrari

I really hope you're right :)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Funny thing in this rumors is that noone knows name of our car or even new livery, but looks like everyone knows our pace and even the rest of the teams.

When testing comes, Ferrari needs to do the all of the GP's combined in miles for this year and crunch it in those testing dates.....thats the goal.

I talked with a dear friend who is a mechanic there this last Friday, they love the new car, are working very hard on the car, lots of hours, and they are excited about it. I won't believe these negative rumors until I see them, especially given the enthusiasm shown by those who are actually building it.
    Molto bene!

Disappointed Since 2010

F1 Pre-season Test Barcelona: Ferrari suffers setback in suspension protest

Ferrari could be forced to take a more formal approach with its protest towards the 'trick' suspension systems used by Mercedes and Red Bull after failing to find significant support from other teams to warrant immediate changes.

The team ruffled feathers earlier this year by approaching the FIA to query the legality of Mercedes and Red Bull's suspension systems, which it believes to be flouting the regulations by adjusting ride heights and produce greater downforce levels in corners.

Though Ferrari's efforts stopped short of an official complaint by instead requesting the FIA explain why it falls within the legal parameters, it did seek to highlight the debate and invite other teams to apply further pressure on the governing body.

However, in a meeting of team technicians Auto Motor und Sport reported that Ferrari only found support from three other teams, not enough for the FIA to act of its own volition.

It means Ferrari will either be forced to accept defeat or potentially pursue more formal avenues to fully clarify whether their rivals have gained an advantage outside of the rules.

With the start of pre-season testing now just two weeks away, with the opening round in Australia kicking off on 24-26 March.
    Source:http://m.crash.net/f1/news/240220/1/...n-protest.html
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Like the way Real Madrid or Manchester United are used by the media to sell papers by linking them with players the same can be said of Ferrari! Any news or rumours good or bad will SELL

I don't understand why things like this are event discussed anywhere. It adheres to barely any of the 2017 regulations. The front wing is illegal, the tyres are grooved, Bridgestones, and too narrow (is the front right wheel even on the cake tin properly?). The engine cover is stupid, the Marlboro branding hasn't been there for seven years.

It's just...NO.

There's no smoke without fire...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    There's no smoke without fire...
    LOL so did Merc and Red Bull phone up Ferrari and compare data?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I don't understand why things like this are event discussed anywhere. It adheres to barely any of the 2017 regulations. The front wing is illegal, the tyres are grooved, Bridgestones, and too narrow (is the front right wheel even on the cake tin properly?). The engine cover is stupid, the Marlboro branding hasn't been there for seven years.

It's just...NO.
    And don't forget the old FIAT logo lol.