Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

One thing that gives me hope is that in the lead up to the '04 season, people thought Ferrari had lost their way. They said Ferrari could no longer innovate and the F2004 had barely changed from the previous years car... we all know how that turned out.

Obviously the circumstances were very different. I only mean to say... it's possible for negative press to just be flat wrong. Wishful thinking possibly... just another perspective to help break up all the doom and gloom =D

Earliest indication may come from winter testing, but certainly nothing before that.

Even IF, these journalist can magically sit in Ferrari's meeting room and listen to all the meeting, no one can tell how the new car will perform as the team simply haven't done any real testing, and comparison to other teams.

Whats more with the new regulations, we do not have any benchmark for this season. We'll only get some hints once the cars start running on track during testing.

Got this from article about Antonio Giovinazzi on F1today.net
    Corriere della Sera, another Italian newspaper, reports that the 2017 Ferrari F1 car was fired up for the first time last Friday. (GMM)
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

The F1AnalisiTecnica guy (@SmilexTech) is currently speaking on Radio LiveGP.
    He said that apparently the new Mercedes is 4" faster than the W07, while the new Ferrari is 3" faster than the SF16-H.
    So a gap of 1", on top of the one that was already there during 2016.

Ferrari fail to garner support in suspension protest

http://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari...nsion-protest/

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    He said that apparently the new Mercedes is 4" faster than the W07, while the new Ferrari is 3" faster than the SF16-H.
    Did he have anything to say about RBR ? Just want to remember what he said, and see how close to the truth he actually was for future reference. I am sure he is just fishing for attention here, there is no way you can actually say that for certain before qualy in Australia.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 14th February 2017 at 07:13.

Forza Ferrari

Utter rubbish.

If if we are 2s slower than Mercedes, I'll start supporting McLaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL so did Merc and Red Bull phone up Ferrari and compare data?
    Nope. Just saying, that if there are talks about Ferrari being unsatisfied with the results they are seeing, there's probably some truth in it. Sure, it still may be thatthey did set super high standards for themselves and the car is still above everyone elses. Just after recent years, there were also talks about issues before the reveal and... they were mostly true. Hopefully this time it'll be different.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Nope. Just saying, that if there are talks about Ferrari being unsatisfied with the results they are seeing, there's probably some truth in it. Sure, it still may be thatthey did set super high standards for themselves and the car is still above everyone elses. Just after recent years, there were also talks about issues before the reveal and... they were mostly true. Hopefully this time it'll be different.
    So one persons stab in the dark is what you believe....ok then
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Did he have anything to say about RBR ? Just want to remember what he said, and see how close to the truth he actually was for future reference. I am sure he is just fishing for attention here, there is no way you can actually say that for certain before qualy in Australia.
    Exactly! Just like every year, no matter what testing tells you, nobody knows 100% how much faster or slower any of the cars are, thats what makes the 1st race so exciting, you dont actually know until 6pm Saturday afternoon who has the fastest car, and Sunday 6.30pm who has the best car! Lets just see what happens
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

In December/January the italian press was all full of praise for the new car and engine, according to their "sources"... and now, one month later, it's all "OMG we're doomed, the car sucks!!!"? Please...
    Oh, and how and where did they get that "the new Mercedes is 4" faster than the W07" info?

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    In December/January the italian press was all full of praise for the new car and engine, according to their "sources"... and now, one month later, it's all "OMG we're doomed, the car sucks!!!"? Please...
    Oh, and how and where did they get that "the new Mercedes is 4" faster than the W07" info?
    IMHO, MB has always "sand-bagged" their engine.....I think they have always have had extra power....but they hardly use it. Lewis, came back from the back of the pack 2X during the 2016 season....

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    IMHO, MB has always "sand-bagged" their engine.....I think they have always have had extra power....but they hardly use it. Lewis, came back from the back of the pack 2X during the 2016 season....
    I'm not disputing the "the new Merc will be very fast" news, just how come the italian press knows the exact figures

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Utter rubbish.

If if we are 2s slower than Mercedes, I'll start supporting McLaren.
    hahahahahahaahah, i cant go withe McL I will go with Sauber

I'm not disputing the "the new Merc will be very fast" news, just how come the italian press knows the exact figures
    Whether its the old MB or new one....you don't need the press to figure out once you see it on the track....the Italian press is stating something that some/most new 2-3 years ago and current.

Whether its the old MB or new one....you don't need the press to figure out once you see it on the track....the Italian press is stating something that some/most new 2-3 years ago and current.
    Probably, but that was hardly my point, anyway. The fact is the italian press knows nothing about the current state of affairs at the factory. If they knew, how come, as I said, one month ago they were reporting that everything was coming up roses and now, all of a sudden, it's all gone down hill? Just rumours, and nothing more. We should all wait to see the car on track, and THEN comment

Probably, but that was hardly my point, anyway. The fact is the italian press knows nothing about the current state of affairs at the factory. If they knew, how come, as I said, one month ago they were reporting that everything was coming up roses and now, all of a sudden, it's all gone down hill? Just rumours, and nothing more. We should all wait to see the car on track, and THEN comment
    Good point. So why is Ferrari disputing the suspension system AGAIN(2x already)? Stalling maybe? Desperation cuz we don't have a sysetm comparable and we need more info to "see how it works?"

Good point. So why is Ferrari disputing the suspension system AGAIN(2x already)? Stalling maybe? Desperation cuz we don't have a sysetm comparable and we need more info to "see how it works?"
    It's not the first time a team files a complaint about another team's tech. And it certainly won't be the last. As for the purpose, either Ferrari has one and genuinely want to know if they can use it, or they want to deprive Merc of one of their advantages. All fair game, to me

Gianlu D'Alessandro ‏@Gianludale27 12m
    12 minutes ago

Ferrari 668 | Gazzetta: - Shark fin engine cover - New nose (W07 style) - Working hard on combustion chambers - Bigger intercoolers

Gianlu D'Alessandro ‏@Gianludale27 12m
    12 minutes ago

Ferrari 668 | Gazzetta: - Shark fin engine cover - New nose (W07 style) - Working hard on combustion chambers - Bigger intercoolers
    More speculation. Some sites are saying the car has a nose like the 2016 one, others it has a "striking" one... whatever that means

More speculation. Some sites are saying the car has a nose like the 2016 one, others it has a "striking" one... whatever that means
    I read on some site the new nose is extreme

I read on some site the new nose is extreme
    i siad "striking", should have said "extreme"

Sebastian Vettel is expecting “more fun” racing Formula 1’s new cars in 2017.

This year will see the biggest regulation changes in several years with an increase in downforce, higher g-forces and wider tyres brought in to reduce lap times by around five seconds per lap.

Vettel has experience of higher g-forces and cornering speeds from when he first raced in Formula 1 in 2007 and the four-time champion believes the changes will be more ‘challenging’ for the drivers.

“The car should be significantly faster,” Vettel told Channel 4. “Not so much on the straight, I think the straights will be slower in terms of top speed.

“Cornering speeds will be a lot higher which means forces are higher, it will be more physical as well.”

“It’s interesting to see how the tyres will behave, the cars will have significantly more downforce than what we tested with last year.

Lars Baron/Getty Images SportLars Baron/Getty Images Sport

“Overall, it’s a big change, I think it will be more of a challenge. Overall, I think we could end up pushing harder for longer in the race, so we shouldn’t be limited too much by the tyres.

“Whether we’ll see more overtaking? I’m not sure. I don’t think we will. Hopefully, the racing will be better and more fun, if you go faster it’s normally always more fun.”

Asked if he saw this season as a rebuilding year for Ferrari, the German added: “I think when your racing for Ferrari you want to win again, so that’s our target to win the championship.

“It’s very difficult to have any expectations going into the season because everything is new.

“We’ve had a productive two years, some times were difficult, some times were very good for us but that’s part of it.

“I think we’re still stepping up, we should be in a good place but it’s impossible to make predictions right now.”
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

He sounds optimistic, nice little interview

Regarding rumours, and how off the mark they tend to be, here are some from last year about the SF-16H (and this is just from the top of my head):

The car was going to feature pullrod suspension at the front (false)
    The car was going to have an S-duct (false)
    The car would have a Mercedes nose (false)
    The car would have a nose similar to the 2015 one, only smaller (false)
    The car would have a penis nose (true)
    The car would have a 70's inspired livery, featuring a white stripe in the engine cover (true)

Maybe some more realistic rumors :)

according to "La Gazzetta dello Sport"
    credit: Gianlu D'Alessandro

C4n337eW8AASKdD.jpg

I would easily put all these speculations into bin. I'm 100% convinced even Binotto doesn't know where 2017 car will stand compared to competition. Time and again we've seen 'new Ferrari pictures circulating before launch, never have I seen a Ferrari exactly like that

I saw those. Well, only 10 days until we find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I would easily put all these speculations into bin. I'm 100% convinced even Binotto doesn't know where 2017 car will stand compared to competition. Time and again we've seen 'new Ferrari pictures circulating before launch, never have I seen a Ferrari exactly like that
    To be fair, sometimes they get it right: for example in 2012 with the pullrod and last year with the 70's livery