Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezz View Post
    Maybe some more realistic rumors :)

according to "La Gazzetta dello Sport"
    credit: Gianlu D'Alessandro

Attachment 6866
    compared that with the 2017 hat and half-zip sweater......its too much white IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    compared that with the 2017 hat and half-zip sweater......its too much white IMO.
    Those car drawings use the 2016 livery

I just remembered: this year marks Ferrari's 70th anniversary. Will the car's name pay a tribute to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    I just remembered: this year marks Ferrari's 70th anniversary. Will the car's name pay a tribute to that?
    It would seem so since the apparel will have the names of the history in F1.....

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It would seem so since the apparel will have the names of the history in F1.....
    Yes, I saw that. All this, by the way, makes that Santander tweet even more strange...

Ferrari might have revealed the airscope of the 2017 car in today's video-message ���� https://t.co/lMhFmiO6wn
    Attachment 6870
    Via Gianlu.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And some new pictures (renderings)
    One extreme (and illegal)
    Attachment 6871
    and one on the rules
    Attachment 6872
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Attachment 6871
    and one on the rules
    Attachment 6872
    I like illegal one color scheme, and legal one in shape
    Mix those two!

Ferrari might have revealed the airscope of the 2017 car in today's video-message ���� https://t.co/lMhFmiO6wn
    Attachment 6870
    Via Gianlu.
    If this is actually the new car than all that story about less white is unfortunately not true

I really don't care about the livery. Of course it will be mostly red, other than that i am only interested if it is fast compared to others or not

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    If this is actually the new car than all that story about less white is unfortunately not true
    What else would it be?
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Attachment 6871
    and one on the rules
    Attachment 6872
    The "extreme" image is one of those unrealistic renderings some people with too much time in their hands keep doing, the other is, judging by the image in the Pirelli video, possibly our best bet yet on how the car will really look like
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    The first coat of paint is always white ��

That's could be the reason :)

2017 teamwear

Quote Originally Posted by Gianlu27 View Post
    The first coat of paint is always white ��

That's could be the reason :)

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    What else would it be?
    You are trying really hard to have a post in every thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezz View Post
    Maybe some more realistic rumors :)

according to "La Gazzetta dello Sport"
    credit: Gianlu D'Alessandro

Attachment 6866
    This looks incredible !!!

I'll just wait until the launch date to see what it looks like and it will won't be in final spec.

I think less white in the 2017 cars livery could be up to 1/2 a second faster on track

Quote Originally Posted by Hills View Post
    I think less white in the 2017 cars livery could be up to 1/2 a second faster on track
    You got me!!!

The season hasn't got underway yet, but the team has started making insinuations. Well, it look more and more likely that ,with a repeat of last year, Vettel will be off to Mercedes for 2018.

Ferrari press officer, Alberto Antonini said recently on an interview,

"I can say that we are the only team to have two world champions in the team, for a total of five titles! Obviously we expect maximum commitment, we saw them grow and mature through a difficult season like the past. We want that they, like everyone else, give the maximum."

In recent history, Ferrari has never been the fastest to read the rule changes, such as 2009 or 2014. You may get this time right?

"It's clear what we hope. History is made every day, the historic past is not worth much on the competition ... "

This is the third year of Sebastian Vettel's contract with Ferrari, the last. If he does not win the title and do well, what prospects can we expect?

"I can say that it is not a priority to talk about it now. We have to give Sebastian a car that can win it, but he must commit ...

If Ferrari in 2017 doesn't fight for title and vettel go to Mercedes that doesn't mean that is over for Ferrari. In f1 we have very talent young drivers who be very happy to drive for Ferrari �� (Verstapen,Ricardo, ...)

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    If Ferrari in 2017 doesn't fight for title and vettel go to Mercedes that doesn't mean that is over for Ferrari. In f1 we have very talent young drivers who be very happy to drive for Ferrari 😀 (Verstapen,Ricardo, ...)
    yes but its the same thing as for example Juve, nobody wanted to join until they started wining titles

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    If Ferrari in 2017 doesn't fight for title and vettel go to Mercedes that doesn't mean that is over for Ferrari. In f1 we have very talent young drivers who be very happy to drive for Ferrari �� (Verstapen,Ricardo, ...)
    I agree, drivers come, drivers go. Some say Ferrari where finished as a team after MS, then again after Alonso .. I just hope Ramilton never makes it to Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    yes but its the same thing as for example Juve, nobody wanted to join until they started wining titles
    But unlike soccer/football, there are a limited number of top drives in F1. Ferrari can always find a driver.

Let's hope at first that Ferrari will produce a good car for Seb and Kimi. They are both exceptional drivers, top class.

I don't necessarily think that if we don't challenge for the title Seb will leave. I think we just need to show that we made a great progress compared to the last season and that going into the every race we have some realistic chances to win it. That way we can hope for a further progress and challenge next year.

Of course, I hope that we may challenge for the title this year but we have to wait and see, nothing can be said about it at this moment without knowing how good our car is. In the end, it's not just about our progress but a lot of things depend on how good did the other teams do.

My main concern about our driver line-up would be that Kimi might retire at the end of this year. I didn't read it anywhere but you know, he'll be 38 by the end of the season, he has a wife, two kids, .. he might choose to focus on his family and be at home a little bit more.

A glimpse of what the 2017 cars will look like - Manors "mock-up" (not bad looking) for wind tunnel testing:

Attachment 6873

In the end, if you manage to build the fastest car, it doesn't really matter who you have driving it. Jacques Villeneuve and Jenson Button are 2 examples of midfield drivers winning championships in rocket ships.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I think Ferrari considered the option of Vettel leaving them next year, that's why they signed Giovinazzi as a reserve driver. He is a massive talent.

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    I think Ferrari considered the option of Vettel leaving them next year, that's why they signed Giovinazzi as a reserve driver. He is a massive talent.
    Gio to do seat test until Wehr gets the okay from the Dr.'s after suffering an injury at ROC.