Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    In the end, if you manage to build the fastest car, it doesn't really matter who you have driving it. Jacques Villeneuve and Jenson Button are 2 examples of midfield drivers winning championships in rocket ships.
    Well said

In the end, if you manage to build the fastest car, it doesn't really matter who you have driving it. Jacques Villeneuve and Jenson Button are 2 examples of midfield drivers winning championships in rocket ships.
    A bit unfair to Button, that. He managed to win GP's without the Brawn "rocket ship", Jacques became useless the moment Williams lost its competitiveness
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

A picture of a new car (most probably McL) . Just to have a glimpse of a "real' new car.
    Attachment 6875
    Edit:
    Probably its not a "real" 2017 car!Its not definite yet.
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 15th February 2017 at 21:33.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    A picture of a new car (most probably McL) . Just to have a glimpse of a "real' new car.
    Attachment 6875
    Edit:
    Probably its not a "real" 2017 car!Its not definite yet.

Attachment 6877

Mclaren just verified its fake.....

[video]https://youtu.be/Qv2zQHZA_gc[/url]
    looove the livery
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Not a fan of the Maccas but that looks slick, although fake

Fastest car is for sure the winning factor. Shumy after Ferrari was an example.

Feb.16 (GMM) Insiders are playing down rumours Ferrari's 2017 campaign is already in trouble, long before a single winter testing lap.

Eyebrows were raised in Turin earlier this week, when representatives of other F1 teams attended a launch event by tyre supplier Pirelli.

Maurizio Arrivabene was conspicuously absent.

"I am not far from Maranello, but I could not come because we have a lot to do," Italian media reports quote Arrivabene as explaining by video message.

It triggered rumours that Ferrari has fundamentally erred with the design of its 2017 car, amid a battle with Mercedes and Red Bull over alleged 'trick' suspension systems.

What is clear is that Ferrari is having an extremely low-profile winter period, having brashly declared a year ago that it would challenge for wins and the title in 2016.

"I do not think Ferrari is as bad as it is being painted," an Italian media source told the Spanish daily Marca.

Also being played down are rumours of aerodynamic problems with the 2017 Ferrari. According to the rumour, the team is already working on a 'B' car for Barcelona.

"It is not a B chassis," the Marca report insisted, "but rather an important evolution as they discover the possibilities of the new aerodynamics."

Ferrari spokesman Alberto Antonini said: "It would be inappropriate to talk about expectations. The regulations have changed and the car will be completely different.

"We know our abilities and what kind of car we have built. In the team the results are in line with expectations, but we need to wait for the tests in Barcelona to compare with the others," he added. (from onestopstraregy)

So, we have to be patient...

Gio to do seat test until Wehr gets the okay from the Dr.'s after suffering an injury at ROC.
    Any source??

James Allison is confirmed as Mercedes AMG new technical director
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    Any source??
    sure.......dated Feb. 6, 2017
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38887608

another more recent:
    http://www.newsonf1.com/2017/02/giov...rlein-in-test/

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    does'nt surprise me....we can't keep anyone outside of being italian and we can't entice anyone to come on board (Paddy Lowe).

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    so not happy about this

does'nt surprise me....we can't keep anyone outside of being italian and we can't entice anyone to come on board (Paddy Lowe).
    AFAIK, Allison's departure was by mutual consent between him and Ferrari (he wanted to go back to England, and after what had happened to him who can blame him for that, Ferrari wasn't pleased with his work) and Paddy offered himself and was turned down by Marchionne

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    AFAIK, Allison's departure was by mutual consent between him and Ferrari (he wanted to go back to England, and after what had happened to him who can blame him for that, Ferrari wasn't pleased with his work) and Paddy offered himself and was turned down by Marchionne
    yes, thats always been the problem at both ends.....Italy because its far away from the U.K. and Lowe's reason was he wanted a stake in Ferrari which meant $$$$$$$.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    and here's the other problem: ""We had a proposal, but that role was covered. We don't need a Ross Brawn-type of hero who solves all problems," Marchionne was quoted as saying by Autosport when asked about Lowe's potential availability." I think we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of James Allison, he is joining Mercedes as Technical Director from next month

lol thats why we are discussing him!

and here's the other problem: ""We had a proposal, but that role was covered. We don't need a Ross Brawn-type of hero who solves all problems," Marchionne was quoted as saying by Autosport when asked about Lowe's potential availability." I think we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe we don't. Let's see how the tests go before jumping into any conclusions, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Speaking of James Allison, he is joining Mercedes as Technical Director from next month
    he wasnt good for us but he is good for one of the most dominant team in F1 history, interesting

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    he wasnt good for us but he is good for one of the most dominant team in F1 history, interesting
    Well....here's what I find interesting. So Mercedes "loses" Lowe to Williams (by the way Susie Wolff was a driver for them) and also has an AMG PU. And Mercedes picks up Allison......a team that is well-manned and has a new driver. Man! this team just does'nt miss a beat!!!!! Lowe will "spice" things up for Williams....IF they get even close to Ferrari at the end of the year in pts, 2018 looks to very interesting year as far as the pecking order. Predictions IMO 1.) MB 2.) RB or Williams 4.) Ferrari

Wow 2017 went by quick! 2018 predictions already being listed! Who won in Australia 2017? I must have missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Wow 2017 went by quick! 2018 predictions already being listed! Who won in Australia 2017? I must have missed it!

Yeah! Why don't share withs us so we can place some bets and earn money?!

The truth is neither Allison nor Lowe will have any influence in Mercedes or Williams performances this year. They haven't even began working in their new teams, for God's sake

who will open 2018 Ferrari F1 challenger thread
    Last edited by zike; 16th February 2017 at 11:53.

My feeling is that,Merc won't be around much longer (2-3 years ) and they are "preparing " Williams to rake there place in the fight of the championship!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

My feeling is that,Merc won't be around much longer (2-3 years ) and they are "preparing " Williams to rake there place in the fight of the championship!!!
    +1 Agreed....Full and complete domination then end on a high note. Williams is a possibility. Mercedes could sell off the team to someone else and still supply PU's to other teams as an engine supplier.