Any source??
    and its been confirmed:

Wehrlein to miss first Barcelona F1 test: Feb. 16, 2017

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/we...1-test-874208/

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    and its been confirmed:

Wehrlein to miss first Barcelona F1 test: Feb. 16, 2017

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/we...1-test-874208/
    I'm praying Gio makes a blast and Sauber dumps Wehrlein and hires him instead!
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allison->Mercedes Lowe->Williams and now this guy to Williams

Ex-Ferrari man hired as Williams' new head of aero: Feb. 16, 2017

The Williams F1 team has announced that it has appointed Dirk de Beer as its new head of aerodynamics.

De Beer previously held the role of chief aerodynamicist at Ferrari for three years, having been appointed by then-technical director James Allison. However when Allison left the team in July, de Beer also quickly departed Maranello a few weeks later.
    •Ferrari appoints new chief aerodynamicist

De Beer was unveiled in his new role at Williams on the same day that his former boss Allison was formally announced as joining Mercedes.

"I am extremely pleased to be joining Williams," said de Beer. "The team has an incredible heritage in Formula One, and I’m proud to now be a part of that.

"I would like to thank Williams for giving me this opportunity.

"I’m looking forward to working with Dave Wheater and the Williams aero team to help continue driving forward the development of the car throughout the season and beyond.

Williams F1's deputy team principal Claire Williams welcomed the South African to the team, which is effective from March 1.

"We’re delighted to have someone with Dirk’s vast experience joining us," she said. "Having spent several years as a Head of Aerodynamics in Formula One, his knowledge and technical expertise will undoubtedly be a great asset to the team in our continued push to restore Williams to the front of the grid."

De Beer began his career at Swift Engineering, where he worked primarily on IndyCar design before going on to enjoy a brief spell at Sauber F1 Team as an Aerodynamicist.

He joined Renault (subsequently called Lotus F1 Team) in 2008, and after five years in the role of head of aerodynamics there he took up a corresponding role at Ferrari in 2013

source: http://en.f1i.com/news/89211-ex-ferr...head-aero.html

he was nothing special dont worrie.we have had nothing but problems while he was at ferrari.mr r byrn is the right guy with 6 championships under his belt

Briatore is wrong then. Ferrari doesn't have all the same bakers anymore. Does this mean we'll do something different this year?

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    he was nothing special dont worrie.we have had nothing but problems while he was at ferrari.mr r byrn is the right guy with 6 championships under his belt
    Yes but now with Lowe at the helm and what he knows plus its likely "THEY" (MB/WILLIAMS) will be sharing info??????? this is just my thoughts: " Paddy: "Hey Allison, De Beers was running figures for governing fluid flow equations for laminar air flow over a Williams car moving through the parabolica." "Can you run these figures on your supercomputer and base your findings on close-ended solutions?" "I need them like in 5 minutes." Allison, " Sure, no problem."

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allison->Mercedes Lowe->Williams and now this guy to Williams

Ex-Ferrari man hired as Williams' new head of aero: Feb. 16, 2017

The Williams F1 team has announced that it has appointed Dirk de Beer as its new head of aerodynamics.

De Beer previously held the role of chief aerodynamicist at Ferrari for three years, having been appointed by then-technical director James Allison. However when Allison left the team in July, de Beer also quickly departed Maranello a few weeks later.
    •Ferrari appoints new chief aerodynamicist

De Beer was unveiled in his new role at Williams on the same day that his former boss Allison was formally announced as joining Mercedes.

"I am extremely pleased to be joining Williams," said de Beer. "The team has an incredible heritage in Formula One, and I’m proud to now be a part of that.

"I would like to thank Williams for giving me this opportunity.

"I’m looking forward to working with Dave Wheater and the Williams aero team to help continue driving forward the development of the car throughout the season and beyond.

Williams F1's deputy team principal Claire Williams welcomed the South African to the team, which is effective from March 1.

"We’re delighted to have someone with Dirk’s vast experience joining us," she said. "Having spent several years as a Head of Aerodynamics in Formula One, his knowledge and technical expertise will undoubtedly be a great asset to the team in our continued push to restore Williams to the front of the grid."

De Beer began his career at Swift Engineering, where he worked primarily on IndyCar design before going on to enjoy a brief spell at Sauber F1 Team as an Aerodynamicist.

He joined Renault (subsequently called Lotus F1 Team) in 2008, and after five years in the role of head of aerodynamics there he took up a corresponding role at Ferrari in 2013

source: http://en.f1i.com/news/89211-ex-ferr...head-aero.html
    He was sacked a few weeks after Allison left, so he is long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Briatore is wrong then. Ferrari doesn't have all the same bakers anymore. Does this mean we'll do something different this year?
    " nothing under the dress" ???? was that him that said that?????

No, some italian journo who had too much lambrusco at lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    He was sacked a few weeks after Allison left, so he is long gone
    Why was he sacked, do you know what was the problem? He sounds highly rated.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I don't remember any reason given. Probably a side effect of the reshuffling they did after Allison left

Leo Turrini
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    SF15-T

I know there are guys on this forum who are close to guys working in Maranello, what is there vibe regarding the new car?

Very exciting! Our first look. Obviously it's a render, but officially released at least. It seems like Ferrari was onto something with the rear-wing design on the tyre test mule car. Looks awesome! Not as cool as I hoped for, but certainly an improvement from the disproportioned lumps getting around in '16

2017 Williams

Larger computer rendered images > http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...f1-car-874302/

The rear wing doesn't seem as wide as I was expecting.
    Last edited by Hills; 17th February 2017 at 07:27.

Ohh well.. i thought that they were gonna get rid of those noses...Anyway it's a computer render but looks better than the 2016 car

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    Ohh well.. i thought that they were gonna get rid of those noses...Anyway it's a computer render but looks better than the 2016 car
    to me it looks like 2016 except a few wings ang shark fin........where is that aggressive look we have been promised
    Last edited by zike; 17th February 2017 at 08:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Hills View Post
    2017 Williams

Larger computer rendered images > http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...f1-car-874302/

The rear wing doesn't seem as wide as I was expecting.
    Nothing special... Really was expecting more...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Nothing special... Really was expecting more...
    Same here. After months and months of quotes in the media on how great and agressive the cars would be, we get this

Same here. After months and months of quotes in the media on how great and agressive the cars would be, we get this
    I feel the same ..

It's the same as the new WRC cars. We were promised monsters, all we got was the same Fiestas and Hiundays, only with silly looking rear wings and wider bodies

Red Bull, Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren will all make the cars look good I think.

The Williams is just last years car with new wings and bigger tyres (plus a few smaller bits). Others will have a lot more development than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Red Bull, Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren will all make the cars look good I think.

The Williams is just last years car with new wings and bigger tyres (plus a few smaller bits). Others will have a lot more development than that.
    No, it isn't. It may not be the roaring beast we were expecting, but it's far from being a FW38B: apart from the hideous nose, all the rest is way different. It has a S-duct, the roll hoop/air intake is based on the W07, the sidepods are longer and have a completely new shape, the rear is new too

No, it isn't. It may not be the roaring beast we were expecting, but it's far from being a FW38B: apart from the hideous nose, all the rest is way different. It has a S-duct, the roll hoop/air intake is based on the W07, the sidepods are longer and have a completely new shape, the rear is new too
    +1

would be nice to see the aft end of the car ...diffuser wise; rear wing..... for comparisons to last years.

+1

would be nice to see the aft end of the car ...diffuser wise; rear wing..... for comparisons to last years.
    It's the only thing, 2017 rules wise, that looks good (you can see it in the video)

This is nice angle!!!!!!!!Attachment 6881
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    This is nice angle!!!!!!!!Attachment 6881
    thanks.....nice view....rear wing is lower hence the shark-fin for aero.

Thatt ; to me don't look too bad from the back.....kind of like one of the Kardashians......LOL