Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Thatt ; to me don't look too bad from the back.....kind of like one of the Kardashians......LOL

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psuvwfteh4.jpg

Thatt; to me don't look too bad from the back.....kind of like one of the Kardashians......LOL

Like I said, the only part of these new cars, at least for now, that looks great
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Thatt ; to me don't look too bad from the back.....kind of like one of the Kardashians......LOL

That is a killer

Overly wide rear and not 'firing with all cylinders'?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Overly wide rear and not 'firing with all cylinders'?
    How do you know my wife Ed???

That rear does look nice though (Williams) ..

Quote Originally Posted by Hills View Post
    How do you know my wife Ed???

That rear does look nice though (Williams) ..
    shame on you......

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    We'll see....

that whole article is kinda "up in the air" after translation....

anyone need translation posted??????

Thumbs up

Interesting ... what I look forward to see is the scheddulled development plan... it sounds ambitious. Let's hope it can be a usefull tool to turn the tide to our side.

Yes can u translate the article please

Ferrari: the Red born short, but wants the long dress?

The 668 will be unveiled on February 24 seems to have a shorter wheelbase of the Mercedes and Red Bull would have more downforce. At Maranello programming developments of the Red and is being considered an evolution in the rear during 2017.

Ferrari has taken a different path from those traveled by Mercedes and Red Bull Racing. Red 2017 for the first time you will see on February 24 in the filming day programmed by the Scuderia at Fiorano, it seems to have a step shorter of new cars of the other two top teams.

The wheelbase of the 668 will definitely be more of 3,494 mm SF16-H, but it should not get to the Mercedes values ​​that should break through the wall of 3.600 mm. With the wider roadway and with the increase of 5 kg capacity of the tank is not difficult to predict an increase of the step, ie the distance separating the two axes.

Giacomo Tortora, responsible for the development of the Ferrari car, the celebration of the 110 years of Pirelli motorsport, spoke of "... a performance improvement that will be of several seconds in the overall package more gum machine: just as it is impossible to define."

Everyone knows what he produced at home, but does not know what's going on in the factory of their opponents, so the delivery of silence imposed by Sergio Marchionne, after the hasty proclamations last year, have muted projections, anticipations.

It is clear to everyone that even Williams unveiled today in a video posted on YouTube is still a crude car, very different from what we see in the first Grand Prix of the season in 2017, but it is not difficult to collect some 'agitation in some men Cavallino, after they began to circulate of simulation data that would give the new silver arrow able to improve their performance by about 5 "3 since the days of 2015, when the new regulation has been launched. With Red Bull Racing which would not far from the Mercedes, but she still beyond the fateful limit of five seconds.

Evidently the book values ​​that have emerged from the wind tunnel and simulator from Maranello are different, making me doubt the technical director Mattia Binotto. It will wonder, then, why the step size can affect performance: the reason is relatively simple.

The long wheelbase with more surface area and more weight

The new regulation aims to the growth of performance with increased mechanical grip guaranteed the wide tires of Pirelli and the significant increase downforce. Have a longer machine is equivalent to having a larger surface through which it can create downforce with the body of the car, without resorting to too many wings, tabs and flaps that should be to increase the driving resistance of the vehicle.

According to our information, in fact, there will be a reduction in the peak of the maximum speeds at speed traps (some plans -19 km / h) unless they are not baked engines capable of an increase of about 50 horsepower.

Mercedes and Red Bull Racing, then, would be credited with a considerably greater downforce Red is going to be born from the couple formed by Simone Resta and Rory Byrne. The team of Cavallino, in short, it would pull behind an endemic defect that seems unable to eliminate.

But it is possible that a new machine zero kilometers can be "scrapped" even before the presentation? In the gallery you would have seen a model with a longer wheelbase between the tank and the rear axle that could be the basis of an evolution that could appear in mid-season. It would mean that in Maranello there is panic?

No, because judging by the smile in Turin Giacomo Tortora framed her face, there should not be any agitation that is told out of Jesus, especially since the development plans provide for a transformation of the Red continuous and constant throughout the season without the need to put his hand to the body. That's why you do not speak at all to coach B.

Also because having a car a little shorter can give certain advantages: less bodywork and, therefore, less weight, perhaps being able to accommodate more ballast where needed to balance the car. Not only that, but also the insertion cornering behavior should be more easily and accurately, whereby in giovarne may be the tires that would be subject to less stress, and may last longer.

Someone remembered the F2008 that won eight Grands Prix in 2008 and fought for the championship with Felipe Massa until the last meter of the championship: it was a "short" cars that had fared at large although the regulation had provided the ' abolition of the electronic traction control and launch control automated. In short, even at that juncture they served grip and traction and, therefore, downforce, but the Red not disfigured at all.

The design of the 668 started late compared to Mercedes and Red Bull Racing: the Sporting Management led to the end of 2016 in the hope of hitting at least one victory that gave a sense of a crooked season, but inevitably in Maranello have not been able to dedicate the same human resources of others to the new machine.

This is an aspect that is fair to point out, because it will have an impact especially at the beginning of the season in the Racing Department are convinced that they will manage to contain the gap by Mercedes in half a second, the Ferrari will have a good chance to take off satisfactions because the development plans that have been launched by the new organization of work desired by Mattio Binotto should speed up the implementation of the technical innovations the car during the season.

And Ferrari has to put in the hands of Sebastian Vettel a machine that pushes him to continue the adventure with the Prancing Horse: Germany swear that the four-time world champion is a little 'disillusioned from falling for the Red and is very attracted to 'idea that this year there is not a German driver on the silver arrow. You're already thinking about next year?

source: http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fer...-lungo-874600/ (TRANSLATED)

That article seems like pointless fearmongering. A short wheelbase is not necessarily a bad thing, and can offer many benefits. I don't really understand the point of it? Sure aerodynamically it's more difficult to generate the same level of downforce as a longer wheelbase car - but not impossible. Design is all about compromise. Potentially the shorter wheelbase pays off in other areas... time will tell.

So it what basically says that we will not be competitive at the start of the season with Mercedes and RBR. This in only a presumption, but it seems like more and more are taking this stand before the start of the season

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    So it what basically says that we will not be competitive at the start of the season with Mercedes and RBR. This in only a presumption, but it seems like more and more are taking this stand before the start of the season
    Just a thought/question, when it was Ferrari was competitive right from the start?

I will take all the DNF's Bottas can give us as long as we are on the podium and winning a few!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just a thought/question, when it was Ferrari was competitive right from the start?
    A decade ago...... I really wonder how far this will go, another decade?

And it really shows the state of the entire Ferrari corporation when you name a car Superfast
    Last edited by zike; 18th February 2017 at 09:24.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    A decade ago...... I really wonder how far this will go, another decade?

And it really shows the state of the entire Ferrari corporation when you name a car Superfast
    The superfast is a reminiscence of older models, just as Daytona, Califórnia.

When was Ferrari competitive right from the start?
    Now that's a difficult question... how about in 2016, that long forgotten year? Without the strategic blunders, they could've won in Melbourne!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    Now that's a difficult question... how about in 2016, that long forgotten year? Without the strategic blunders, they could've won in Melbourne!
    So far 2017 ! They haven't lost a race so far!

You are for real?!?!?

I my books competitive right from the start of the season is: 2000, 2001, 2002,.... Something like that. Not when you accidentally come to 1st place and than due to mistakes you give it back! And don't let me start with the in season development!

When we used to win, not that anyone remembers how that feels

When was the last time Ferrari was competitive since 2007??????

I'm gonna throw this out there.....2008 & 2012!!

2008....Massa coulda/shoulda/woulda have won IF it was'nt for Hamilton passing Timo Glock in Brazil(last race, last lap) thereby gaining a 1pt advantage over Massa and winning the WDC.
    2012....Alonso coulda/shoulda/woulda won IF Romain Grosjean(Lotus) did'nt cause that pile-up @ Spa on Lap 1 Turn 1 taking out several drivers including Alonso....Vettel would win ahead of Alonso by just 3 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

2008....Massa coulda/shoulda/woulda have won IF it was'nt for Hamilton passing Timo Glock in Brazil(last race, last lap) thereby gaining a 1pt advantage over Massa and winning the WDC.
    2012....Alonso coulda/shoulda/woulda won IF Romain Grosjean(Lotus) did'nt cause that pile-up @ Spa on Lap 1 Turn 1 taking out several drivers including Alonso....Vettel would win ahead of Alonso by just 3 pts.
    You are right about 2008 but the 2012 car was not competitive at all even if Alo was in the fight for the title.
    So the last truly competitive car was F2008

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    You are right about 2008 but the 2012 car was not competitive at all even if Alo was in the fight for the title.
    So the last truly competitive car was F2008
    If you're talking about the constructors pts, then YES, it was not competitive 2012 but WAS in 2008. I was talking about WDC....I should have made that distinction....my bad.

You are for real?!?!?

I my books competitive right from the start of the season is: 2000, 2001, 2002,.... Something like that. Not when you accidentally come to 1st place and than due to mistakes you give it back! And don't let me start with the in season development!

Yes, I am absolutely for real. The general consensus among the media is that Ferrari started the season being competitive. If you don't me believe, google it

Yes, I am absolutely for real. The general consensus among the media is that Ferrari started the season being competitive. If you don't me believe, google it
    You really should not believe everything that is out there in internet

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

For 2008 don't blame others. If you remember prior to that last race, FM had engine blown out in Budapest at lead 3 laps to go, and also clear situation in Singapore when he took fuel hose with him going out of pit stop... So it is not Timo Glock one who took his WDC!

So it is not Timo Glock one who took his WDC!
    Agree, Glock was on struggling a lot on the wets as well.

For 2008 don't blame others. If you remember prior to that last race, FM had engine blown out in Budapest at lead 3 laps to go, and also clear situation in Singapore when he took fuel hose with him going out of pit stop... So it is not Timo Glock one who took his WDC!
    Agree with the whole statement but let me re-phrase the piece in bold if I may: It was not just Timo Glock that was the final contributing factor, but prior contributing factors before the Brazilian GP that culminated into Massa losing the WDC.