Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Turning vanes

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Looks like those rumors were wrong again about the new car design. Surprise surprise

I think Ferrari is really pushing the design boundaries with this car. Sidepod intake design is very unconventional.
    And we've also found that loophole that Merc did regarding the mini rear wing.
    No doubt others will copy them, but the fact that we found them on our own shows that we are that capable of reading the technical gray areas too.

looking forward to testing

We still can't see the diffuser. The team hide it. If we can see amazing level of details with the car, maybe the diffuser has also some clever design.
    Also all rear section is hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Do you even support Ferrari?
    im joking mate, had to

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Looks like those rumors were wrong again about the new car design. Surprise surprise

I think Ferrari is really pushing the design boundaries with this car. Sidepod intake design is very unconventional.
    And we've also found that loophole that Merc did regarding the mini rear wing.
    No doubt others will copy them, but the fact that we found them on our own shows that we are that capable of reading the technical gray areas too.

looking forward to testing
    For real technical grey areas, wait for Red Bull to show some in testing!

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

So far, i think we have the most beautiful car.
    those sidepods look mean, now it just needs to perform.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

The more I look at it, the more I love it. Just two small nits: don't like the P-nose, and the twin supports on the rear wing. Even Sauber, after years of using them, reverted to the single support system...
    And who doesn't love the Quadrifoglio on the engine cover?
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Though beautiful, Mercs still is likely to have more downforce than us, considering the sate of our aero dept.!

F1 show biz 2016 :

Panic at Mercedes because sources suggest their rear-end downforce isn't as good as Red Bull?!

just found this on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    Though beautiful, Mercs still is likely to have more downforce than us, considering the sate of our aero dept.!

No offence, But there's so many engineers on here that i simply cant keep up.

Please explain to me about your statement above ? How did you work that one out ?
    Drive it like you stole it!

Simple! Correlation!
    Anyways dats my opinion.. no need to take it seriously!

F1 show biz 2016 :

2017 SF70-H on track @ Fiorano (1min 2sec)

forward it to 40 sec to hear the engine and witness it on track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APzJnkQkoas

Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Really heartening to see Ferrari trying new things, be innovative. We may or may not be fastest but at least the team is trying very hard

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Really heartening to see Ferrari trying new things, be innovative. We may or may not be fastest but at least the team is trying very hard
    Indeed, many have complained we are not pushing boundaries the past few years. Now we are
    Forza Ferrari

Exactly. Now we can say "at least they tried"

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Simple! Correlation!
    Anyways dats my opinion.. no need to take it seriously!
    LOL, frankly i'm laughing at your reply, that's all.

You said something really important in your reply and that was " Dats my opinion "..........Thank you for that.

Now i can carry on reading

Sorry for the rant, but people get so attached to the big names (Byrne, Newey, Allison, Brawn, etc) that people forget - once upon a time, those people were nameless engineers in a no-name teams aero department. Ferrari restructured last year to allow for the no-names to actually make names for themselves, instead of pinning all hopes and dreams on a "big name". I'm not discrediting the superstars - but I'm also not discrediting the many MANY other engineers who are also responsible for F1 cars. Who knows... Looking at this car, I love it. I feel in my bones that its fast... We may well have discovered the next big name.

If its slow, then we keep looking. This is how the world works. It keeps moving, and one day the "big names" will retire. Does that leave F1 a black void of all talent? Of course not, get real and get over yourself!

People consider Ferrari a failure since 2008 because we've not been champions - but we've consistently made competitive cars (with the exception probably of 2009, 2014) - we've always been there or thereabouts.

Any photos of the car on track?
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Sorry for the rant, but people get so attached to the big names (Byrne, Newey, Allison, Brawn, etc) that people forget - once upon a time, those people were nameless engineers in a no-name teams aero department. Ferrari restructured last year to allow for the no-names to actually make names for themselves, instead of pinning all hopes and dreams on a "big name". I'm not discrediting the superstars - but I'm also not discrediting the many MANY other engineers who are also responsible for F1 cars. Who knows... Looking at this car, I love it. I feel in my bones that its fast... We may well have discovered the next big name.

If its slow, then we keep looking. This is how the world works. It keeps moving, and one day the "big names" will retire. Does that leave F1 a black void of all talent? Of course not, get real and get over yourself!

People consider Ferrari a failure since 2008 because we've not been champions - but we've consistently made competitive cars (with the exception probably of 2009, 2014) - we've always been there or thereabouts.

Spot on JPBD, Well said

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post

#GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/13877

Cool slider. It looks like the side pods got even slimmer, despite the cars getting wider overall. Pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Any photos of the car on track?
    one better....how bout the car on the track....engine sounds rather nice at full idle...the car is beautiful....POST 882 for the vid

Is the nose shorter than last year ?

no photos of the diffuser?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Can a y do a co parison shot of this with the Merc

I really like the sidepods...
    It gives you the impression of an angry beast :)

For the first time in recent years, I like the car. I feel some good vibes. :)

Kimi was really pushing in his latest stint, his fastest lap so far is under "58 ��
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!