Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Was also messing about with images of the sidepod inlets and here's how I think it works. Similar to how someone else posted it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...h_sidepod1.jpg
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...h_sidepod2.jpg
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...h_sidepod3.png
    My interpretation, too
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Under 58'' (if it's true) means it's faster than F2008. 3'' slower than the MIGHTY (the best car ever IMHO) F2004, but with "promotion" tyres and 100Km limitation.
    Not that bad.

Holy cow! Finally a Ferrari that I like the looks of again!

I forsee great things for this car.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Luckynumber7 View Post
    Yes. He´s pretty much saying that if Ferrari can make their car work like they are trying to, others could be in trouble. But if they can't, all of it has been for nothing.

What does he say Ferrari is trying with their concept? I assume he's talking about all the barge boards and flow conditioners?

Shame about the willy-shaped nose again but SF70-H is already exciting me, mean and moody and hopefully a new dawn for us starved tifosi. Well done ragazzi, so far so good, pray that it's a winner from the off.

Kimi 2 seconds off the lap record.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...n_new_Ferrari/

Also our engine didn't blow up like Renault.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Kimi 2 seconds off the lap record.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...n_new_Ferrari/

Also our engine didn't blow up like Renault.
    I was wondering how much can we play with the engine evolution before the first race? Can we bring the updated engine for Melbourne?

Without the shark fin.

“Our Ferrari” completes 100 Km during a filming day at Fiorano

Maranello, 24 February –The number refers to the seventy years of history, which is truly unique for any marque in the sport. The letters in the name stand simply for Scuderia Ferrari and the Hybrid form of power. The Italian flag is clearly visible on the “sail” of the engine cover, with a look that recalls the 70s. After the launch, the Ferrari SF70H, built to compete in the Formula 1 World Championship, also took its first steps today at the historic Fiorano track, combining the shakedown with a filming day to acquire footage for commercial purposes. The car is made up of 56 thousand components, produced thanks to the work and collective effort of the thousand or so men and women from the Gestione Sportiva, over a gestation period of twelve months. The car is visibly different to its recent predecessors, as a result of regulation changes for 2017 aimed above all at increasing performance.

The shutters to the Fiorano pit garage, which had been decked out in a unique look just for today, came up at 9h45 Italian time, watched by the President and CEO of the Prancing Horse Sergio Marchionne, Team Principal Maurizio Arrivabene, Technical Director Mattia Binotto, the drivers Kimi Raikkonen, Sebastian Vettel and Antonio Giovinazzi and all the staff, who were watching the presentation from nearby in the Maranello headquarters. After the routine preparations, the car drove out of the garage at 11h20, fitted with the “Demo” tyres which have to be used on filming days. They were to the same larger sizes as this year’s tyres, but the compounds were different. It was certainly a rare sight, seeing a current year model Formula 1 car running on Ferrari’s home track: the rules no longer allow in-season testing, apart from the collective ones for all teams. The sole exception is in fact the 100 Kms allowed for a promotional day, which first Raikkonen and then Vettel made the most of , splitting the allowed distance equally between them, despite the rain which delayed Sebastian’s first run until 15h40.

Once the day’s work was over, all the employees got the chance to see the SF70H up close, before the car was loaded up onto a transporter, ready to head for the Catalunya Circuit, where the first of two pre-season test sessions gets underway on Monday 27th February. Each session runs for four days. Vettel is due to drive on Monday and Wednesday, with Raikkonen taking over for Tuesday and Thursday. The second test gets underway on Tuesday 7th March.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Not exactly attractive with that dubious livery, ugly nose and squinting sidepods (Merc is still the best looking car by far), but it looks better in motion. The rake is also striking; maybe they're finally taking a leaf out of Red Bull's book.

As for the McLaren... Didn't think I'd see Arrows resurrected after 15 years.

I really like that we finally is trying something different, and that we are aggressive.
    To bad its hidious. Sidepods are embarrising. Mercedes and McL lookd really good.
    Lets just hope its fast. Thats all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Settantasette View Post
    I really like that we finally is trying something different, and that we are aggressive.
    To bad its hidious. Sidepods are embarrising. Mercedes and McL lookd really good.
    Don't be so silly.

The sidepods are revolutionary. Nobody else thought of it. And looks aren't everything.

Last edited by Rob; 24th February 2017 at 20:01.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Don't be so silly.

The sidepods are revolutionary. Nobody else thought of it. And looks aren't everything.
    I prob just have to get used to them. But right now they are like Williams walrus nose to me.
    But I agree. I choose speed over looks every day of the week.

This is my concern, are those sidepods inletes enough to cool it down in hot conditions for example in Malaysia? I don't want to see any engine failures because of that.

Does anyone have a link to some super high resolution pics of the launch?

Wow really impressed with the car very aggressive indeed. Did you guy noticed how raked the car is? I'm really excited for this season seems like Ferrari spent a lot of time and effort on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Settantasette View Post
    Do you know what you are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatore View Post
    Wow really impressed with the car very aggressive indeed. Did you guy noticed how raked the car is? I'm really excited for this season seems like Ferrari spent a lot of time and effort on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bkircher View Post
    Does anyone have a link to some super high resolution pics of the launch?
    Would this be of any use to you?
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/02/2...rrari-sf70h-1/

Yes, but they are watermarked.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Let's not start sucking each other's ##### just yet!

Let's see how it performs in Australia before we start patting ourselves on the back. They worked hard, they deserve recognition for that, but as beautiful as you may thing it is, this car has a better chance of being a turd than a diamond. We all know that unlike RBR Ferrari is incapable of polishing a turd mid-season so it has to be fast out the gate.

Still think that nose is ugly as all hell, but what do I know.

Sorry to bum everyone one. Just my $0.02
    Quoted for truth. FORZA FERRARI!

Disappointed Since 2010

Don't be so silly.

Yup. I actually really like the look of the car. Am I strange (here )?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    No. I think it's beautiful.

I still would prefer a rounded nose like Mercedes, and the T wing looks strange (though it's barely visible) but otherwise it's great.

Nice livery, great touches, nice innovation, very nimble.

Interesting engine sound when slowing down for the corner

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Srnps4YAyEw

In the video the Ferrari looks awesome, I didn't even notice the whale tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post

No it looks very good to me as well, i think a lot of Ferrari haters don't like.

Looks fine to me as well. I just don't like the nose and the shark fin. However, maybe i'll get use to the shark fin as Ferrari's looks the best. On the other cars it sucks.
    Everything looks radical on the SF70H so it's either a success or a total flop Let's wait and see.

So far I've not seen any picture of the diffuser, even from the spectators at the track. I've scoured Twitter and Instagram... hopefully We've made some interesting innovations in that department, too, as it will be a key area this season.