Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Needs to be fast but also reliable, Bottas clocking up decent number of laps just now

Quote Originally Posted by marcus17 View Post
    Needs to be fast but also reliable, Bottas clocking up decent number of laps just now
    There is a seperate thread for the Testing.

Winter testing, Day-1

This car looks really nice on track :)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    This car looks really nice on track :)
    Totally agree

one thing that worries me the most. why everyone and i mean EVERYONE says that our car seems the most underdeveloped ???

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    one thing that worries me the most. why everyone and i mean EVERYONE says that our car seems the most underdeveloped ???
    They are deluded...

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    They are deluded...
    i can go with one, 2 opinions like that..But everyone? its worrying the least!!

i can go with one, 2 opinions like that..But everyone? its worrying the least!!
    But remember Scarbs thought it looked good. Even Gary Anderson who never says anything good about Ferrari thought the car was good. I'm positive about this car...

scarbs said Mercedes have done it better by a lot from the first looks of it ..

The silly boy said this "New Mercedes F1 car looks '1000 times better' than rivals" He is just a proud brat who say things without thinking.

Posted in the testing thread, too, but I want people's opinions!

The more I read commentary on F1, the more I feel it's just status-quo reporting. They report that Ferrari is under developed, as they've gone into this season with that expectation. The truth is, they don't know. It is frustrating to read that consistently though, when the complexity of our bargeboards/sidepods look to exceed at least SOME of our competitors. And sure, I think it's one thing to say our bargeboard is more basic than Mercedes from a side view, but when looking at the car from the top you can clearly see how intricate and detailed this area is on our car.

Does that mean it's fast? I dunno! I'm no expert, but people like Ted Kravits don't know any better.

All in all, a good day of testing! Everyone's gripe last year was not enough laps. We seem to have come into testing with a different approach this year, and it seems a more reliable engine too!!

If you look at some of the details around the wing, bargeboards, sidepods and even the rear fin, it does look like the Mercedes uses a fluid design philosophy whereas the Ferrari has much straighter lines. Not sure if that means anything aerodynamically, but that may be what they mean.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Scarbs: Ferrari is perhaps the biggest question mark. Lots of the other teams are optimistic, and lots of us are optimistic for them – you can see a reason why Renault might have a resurgence, you can understand McLaren, you can understand Toro Rosso with a new Renault engine. Then you look at Ferrari, and you wonder how good a job they’ve been able to do over the winter with all the management issues that the team seem to have at the moment. Ferrari could be at risk – not just of dropping out of the top three, but potentially down as far as fourth, fifth or even further. We all would like to see Ferrari do well, it’s good for the sport, but at the moment I just don’t have the optimism that they’ll be there.
    hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    hmmm...
    As I said above, this is based on a perception of internal operations at Ferrari. Ultimately they don't know the outcome, as Scarbs illudes to. I remain hopeful, although my level of caution is increasing.

Don't pay attention to those armchair engineers. It's so idiotic:
    "Ferrari is doing great in Barcelona? Nah, it's just testing, it means nothing!"
    "Mercedes is doing great in Barcelona? OMG they're going to win everything again!!!"
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    Don't pay attention to those armchair engineers. It's so idiotic:
    "Ferrari is doing great in Barcelona? Nah, it's just testing, it means nothing!"
    "Mercedes is doing great in Barcelona? OMG they're going to win everything again!!!"
    +1.....We just have to wait for Melbourne and a couple (3 or 4) GP's to get a good assesement

The Italian media is slamming Ferrari for its low-profile stance this week in Barcelona for the first week of pre-season testing.

The Scuderia obviously learned its lesson from last season when CEO Sergio marchionne made some bold claims over the winter about his team's expected level of performance only for the team to fall quite short of its own rosy outlook.

As a consequence, Ferrari is holding its cards close to its chest this year, much to the media's fury.

"Low profile is acceptable," said La Gazzetta dello Sport's Luigi Perna, "but not complete silence.

"Journalists are like engineers," he told the Finnish newspaper Iltalehti.

"We should be able to give feedback to the fans, who have the right to hear the drivers."

Italy's La Republicca was even more discontented with Ferrari's hush policy.

"Starting the season with a news blackout is absurd," the report declared.

"After the sad living nativity scene of the car launch comes this meaningless news blackout. A low profile asked by Marchionne is one thing, but this carelessness is quite another."
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

On a side note, am I the only one who's getting (positive) 70's vibes from the new teamwear?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...7bb47a16b9.jpg

Italian media are never happy with Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I have just read on Autosport forum, that Sauber will stays on the 2016 PU because its expected that the 2017 PU will be unreliable
    Not this again? Sauber retained the 2016 engine in order to use the extra cash for the car's development

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Italian media are never happy with Ferrari...
    Not very different from the english media, or any other for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    Not very different from the english media, or any other for that matter
    That's true, Ferrari need to smash the field before the English media will give any praise...

I am optimistic so far, Gary Anderson is saying mildly good things about Ferrari... that must be painful for him

I'm loving the media blackout! I have maintained my zero expectations - instead of hearing them harp on about winning races, ect. It sets false expectation. Right now, I am optimistic based on testing - and the biggest surprise is yet to come (in Australia). Not only is this more suspenseful and exciting - it will be less embarrassing if we do not meet our own quiet expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I'm loving the media blackout! I have maintained my zero expectations - instead of hearing them harp on about winning races, ect. It sets false expectation. Right now, I am optimistic based on testing - and the biggest surprise is yet to come (in Australia). Not only is this more suspenseful and exciting - it will be less embarrassing if we do not meet our own quiet expectations.
    Too true, much rather we keep a lid on things and the Italian media should know better than most what shouting too loud can lead to...they love a chance to batter their own national team so let's hope we don't give them too much ammunition!

MARCHIONNE SPEAKS OUT ABOUT THE SF70-H

After keeping relatively quiet over the winter, Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne has spoken about about their 2017 challenger.
    The 64 year old has said that the car has already met the early expectations and has made a "big leap" from 2016.
    Update posted on 14:32:26
    Drive it like you stole it!

Last edited by slak; 28th February 2017 at 19:46.

so this is what the famous Adrian Newey had to say about the SF70-H:

The only comments that have been made about Ferrari's 2017 challenger has come from their rivals such as Red Bull's Adrian Newey.

He said on Monday: "The Mercedes looks very sophisticated. As for Ferrari, I do not quite understand the area of the sidepods, which look very complicated to me."

so if EVEN the master Newey can't make the complicated Ferrari side pods....well, let's hope Ferrari have done an AWESOME job if he was taken by surprise.....

we'll see in a few weeks time in Q3 in OZ how good the Ferrari stacks up against the competition.