Page 39 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152536489 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 3405

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Looking at Rob's pictures, does it look to anyone else as if we introduced a decidedly more "stepped" nose during this test? It may be the angle of some pictures I've seen - but I could swear two different noses were run.

It does look like they have closed off the s-duct in a few of the pictures i've seen. Does not look like a different nose, though

I like how they used some of the f2008 details, like the fall of the airbox/engine cover, the wings along the bargeboards, and some of the stabilizer in the sidepods, will be interesing if they end using something closely like the 2008 nose adapted to the regulation (which would make the best looking car in the last 9 or 10 years)

UYi125T.jpg

I was thikning something similar, for some reason the details that i find make me to like it more, but my first impression was "IT'S SQUARE" the nose just doesn't end convince me, and the sidepods would possibly being better with a bit more curves

But then, if it wins it will become pretty.

You know what's is the problem with thinking that just for getting a new edgy/shinny leader is the solution? most of the times the technical directors wan't to change everything in the team, the structure, the organization, the times, the philosophy, and they end more time thinking what to do than just doing it, ferrari gives me a good impression when they work silently without announcing over-expectations or hypes, demonstrates they are hard-working on the car.

According to this AMus article..RB run with conservative power and also Mercedes..Said that Verstappen was 0.4s faster than Vettel in S3..And he believes Ferrari did not have much fuel on board..Probably true
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so this is what the famous Adrian Newey had to say about the SF70-H:

The only comments that have been made about Ferrari's 2017 challenger has come from their rivals such as Red Bull's Adrian Newey.

He said on Monday: "The Mercedes looks very sophisticated. As for Ferrari, I do not quite understand the area of the sidepods, which look very complicated to me."

so if EVEN the master Newey can't make the complicated Ferrari side pods....well, let's hope Ferrari have done an AWESOME job if he was taken by surprise.....

we'll see in a few weeks time in Q3 in OZ how good the Ferrari stacks up against the competition.

Where did you get that quote from? It's written quite differently on ESPN - http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...wey-eye-season

"Obviously there are a few different interpretations of the regulations which is what one might hope for with a new set of regulations," he said on the first day of testing. "In particular the Mercedes looks like a complicated car, it's got a lot of parts on it which will be about trying to manipulate the vortices to position the flow structures around the car. The Ferrari has a complicated looking sidepod which I have not quite managed to work out yet from the pictures I have seen."

Anyone noticed the car seems to have a twin keel?
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    According to this AMus article..RB run with conservative power and also Mercedes..Said that Verstappen was 0.4s faster than Vettel in S3..And he believes Ferrari did not have much fuel on board..Probably true
    You cannot run in a detuned engine mode, and then go four tenths quicker. Doesn't really work like that, unless your car is on another planet; which I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    You cannot run in a detuned engine mode, and then go four tenths quicker. Doesn't really work like that, unless your car is on another planet; which I doubt.
    You are hundred % correct all these says are just gutter journalism because the speed Mercedes was running during testing is not conservative at all. I think they are pleasantly surprised at our speed on harder tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    This is Marko claims ,not AMuS!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

That shark fin reminds of 2010 car
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Omens look good. Last time Italian national squad had low key approach (media blackout) they won the world cup.
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    This is Marko claims ,not AMuS!!!!
    Yeah i forgot to add that
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

The Red exploits traction

We have witnessed the fact that Kimi exiting the chicane, when he was already in full acceleration has pulled away from the helmet visor a tear off, revealing a machine control in the wet to say the least surprising. The Finn, in fact, already relies heavily on the Red, while many others were forced to row (ask the excellent Giovinazzo, struggling with a Sauber C36 which is a very small thing ...), a sign that "Iceman" has entered a climate of trust with a machine that confirms that it is well founded.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I'm guessing that is from the Italian press (only b/c it seems to be a translation from Italian), so I'll take it with a grain of salt... but I'll still take it!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Omens look good. Last time Italian national squad had low key approach (media blackout) they won the world cup.
    This is true, 1982 and 2006. I really think we have designed a well balanced f1 car, well not us but Rory Byrne. Not a lot has been said about Rory up to now but he is the one man who can make the difference like Adrian Newey does for Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    This is true, 1982 and 2006. I really think we have designed a well balanced f1 car, well not us but Rory Byrne. Not a lot has been said about Rory up to now but he is the one man who can make the difference like Adrian Newey does for Red Bull.
    +1 I've been hoping all winter long that he is Sergio's ace in the hole when he said he was not going to hire a replacement for JA.
    Although, I'd be just as happy, if not happier, if we learned that one of the Scuderia's younger aero guys stepped up to the plate.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Newey baffled by Ferrari technical detail

https://thejudge13.com/2017/03/03/ne...hnical-detail/

A short Ferrari vs Mercedes, corner for corner compilation.
    Of course it doesn't really tell anything without knowing the fuel levels, engine modes etc... but it's still nice to see how glued to the track our car is!
    All the problems from the past seem to have gone away... no more poor traction out of slow corners, good at caring speed in the high speed corners, nice change of direction etc...
    I think we can at least conclude that our car is not a dud :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGGUF-34c-8&app=desktop

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    Translation: "Those Ferrari sidepods look magnificent! How the Hell didn't I think about it first?"
    Spot on.

Thats just Kimi, riping the helmet visor tear off during full acceleration out of a chicane in wet conditions, cant tell nothing about the car from that
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 4th March 2017 at 08:02.

Yeah he needed to see where his portable frigo was with Ice creams in .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Hey guys, leave Kimi alone: " I know what I'm doing!"

Kimi's bwoah's & mwoah's compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=835O98ei3-Y

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiuCojo View Post
    A short Ferrari vs Mercedes, corner for corner compilation.
    Of course it doesn't really tell anything without knowing the fuel levels, engine modes etc... but it's still nice to see how glued to the track our car is!
    All the problems from the past seem to have gone away... no more poor traction out of slow corners, good at caring speed in the high speed corners, nice change of direction etc...
    I think we can at least conclude that our car is not a dud :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGGUF-34c-8&app=desktop
    The speed difference for the sequence starting at 8:55 is a little eye opening. The Mercedes seems to change direction effortlessly...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The speed difference for the sequence starting at 8:55 is a little eye opening. The Mercedes seems to change direction effortlessly...
    No problem, tyres are an eye opener also:
    Sequence starting at 8:55 -> Ferrari: Medium
    Sequence starting at 9:05 -> Mercedes: Ultrasoft

Craig Scarborough offering some insight to the top 3 teams.

Technical analysis: Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari:

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...rcedes-ferrari

Video of Vettels car being pushed into the pits of test day 3 at Barcelona 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fEt7SxciUQ

I have yet to still find what the reason was as to what really happened as this particular situation has been left "up in the air" and open for debate. I have heard of cars running out of gas deliberately to see how far they can go....but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Video of Vettels car being pushed into the pits of test day 3 at Barcelona 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fEt7SxciUQ

I have yet to still find what the reason was as to what really happened as this particular situation has been left "up in the air" and open for debate. I have heard of cars running out of gas deliberately to see how far they can go....but I digress.
    "We tested something that didn't work", were Seb's comments about it
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dhont View Post
    No problem, tyres are an eye opener also:
    Sequence starting at 8:55 -> Ferrari: Medium
    Sequence starting at 9:05 -> Mercedes: Ultrasoft
    Let's hope it's only that, to my eye, something seemed "different" about the way the Merc turned into that corner.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...