Page 43 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556576893 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 3405

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

I remember those rumours about Ferrari starting the SF70-H project from scratch after Allison left. Seeing how innovative the car is, I don't believe they are true at all: how could they make such a project in so few months?
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Making the fluid flow through the floor also brings down the centre of gravity of the car.
    that is true also...as it would be MUCH lower then going through of radiator somewhere where it would be a LOT HIGHER up....anything helps and i like that Ferrari are bringing a lot of innovative stuff this year compared to the previous 8 seasons

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2017...ason-analysis/

Interesting analysis....

This is one on my first posts here (or in any forum). Hope there are no protocols I'm breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    I remember those rumours about Ferrari starting the SF70-H project from scratch after Allison left. Seeing how innovative the car is, I don't believe they are true at all: how could they make such a project in so few months?
    You people go on like Allison is some design god, but look at the flop he designed last year. Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacquesvw View Post
    You people go on like Allison is some design god, but look at the flop he designed last year. Get real.
    First, last years car wasn't a flop at all. In the first few races, it was close to mercedes remember we lost Aus GP due to technical blunder from the team which was not changing the tyres during the red flag.

Problem began for our car, when it wasn't developed in-season due to Allison's family problems. And James Allison is in no way the top designer, I guess that is only Adrian Newey, the rest (Key, Allison) are pretty good but no magician.

Where exactly in my comment did you find I think "Allison is some design god"? I was just mentioning the fact that I don't believe the rumours about the project being restarted after he left, nothing more than that.
    If you must know, I don't believe for a second one single person is responsable for the success, or failure, of a F1 car, be it Allison or Adrian "Everything I do is a masterpiece, except all those McLarens and Red Bulls I designed between 2000 and 2008" Newey, for that matter
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Ferrari designer is Simone Resta. JA was TD, he was the man who gave final yes on chassis and PU decisions. Simone Resta, Enrico Cardile and David Sanchez are responsible for the look of SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Ferrari designer is Simone Resta. JA was TD, he was the man who gave final yes on chassis and PU decisions. Simone Resta, Enrico Cardile and David Sanchez are responsible for the look of SF70H
    All the more reason to rejoice then! We do have some clever and innovative people at Maranello after all, so all credit to them for what will hopefully be a winning car.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    Where exactly in my comment did you find I think "Allison is some design god"? I was just mentioning the fact that I don't believe the rumours about the project being restarted after he left, nothing more than that.
    If you must know, I don't believe for a second one single person is responsable for the success, or failure, of a F1 car, be it Allison or Adrian "Everything I do is a masterpiece, except all those McLarens and Red Bulls I designed between 2000 and 2008" Newey, for that matter
    My apologies, we seem to agree then.

Earlier you said that one man is not the difference between success or failure. However, your logic seems flawed since you now seem to be suggesting that JA was culpable for a "flop" presumably of last year's car. And perhaps you might consider being a little more discerning rather than referring to You People
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

I honestly believe ferrari is in better shape than in recent years. We might still not have the fastest car, but our reliability sure does seem solid thus far. We need to do things differently this year. We need to be more smarter strategy wise and we need both cars to finish more races this year. We need to out smart the mercs and by doing so we have to think smart. We all would love to see ferrari win every race, but we have to be realistic and play a totally different game this year. We have the speed and the reliability to win the WDC and WCC. Good luck to our team for this season. Win or loose......Forza Ferrari!

Best of all though was the outside of Turn 9. Just before the turn in point on the left, the crash barrier juts out and you can stand at the edge of the grass - spotting the cars weave their way through the Turn 7/8 further down the hill before getting back on full power.

Flashing past, instinct urges you to take a step back as the noise and big car rushing towards you gets the heart beating that little bit quicker. Then the next few seconds are all about how much confidence the driver has on corner entry - and if he can keep his right foot fully planted.

The Ferrari looked beautiful throughout - matched only by the Mercedes. Fernando Alonso kept battling valiantly with not enough grunt as his rattling Honda left it sounding unique. Sergio Perez was constantly fighting a bouncing rear end as his Force India squirmed through the bend. Each time through, each car told a different story - just as it should be.
    http://www.autosport.com/premium/fea...-reality-check

:)

Ferrari had best test season ever - Marc Gene
    Ferrari test driver Marc Gene says that this is the best pre-season he has seen from the Maranello squad in the time he's been with the team.
    Many are saying that Ferrari is very close to or even matching the pace of Mercedes, who have dominated the sport in the last three years, since the introduction of the V6 power units.
    "I've been at Ferrari for 13 years and I think this has been the best preseason I can remember," Gene said. "The drivers are very happy and the reliability we have shown has been excellent," the 42-year-old told Spain's El Mundo Deportivo newspaper.
    Gene also thinks the 2017 field in general is going to impress the watching world this year: "I think we're going to see a lot of track records," he said.
    Ferrari has not won a driver's championship since 2007 and a constructors title since 2008, and many are hoping 2017 can be the year their drought ends.
    Published on 17 March 2017
    http://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/22...ever-marc-gene

It all looks good and frankly I am starting to believe it. Melbourne can not come soon enough, there are a lot of question, not only about the pecking order, but how hard is it to pass? How soon will the McLaren Honda engine blow ? :))

Soon....very sooon

One more week !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    One more week !!!!
    eagerly waiting

Here are times for Melbourne: Practice, Quali, and GP on NBCSN

TIMES ARE EASTERN here in the U.S.

Thursday, Mar 23
    6:00a - Pro Football Talk
    8:00a - The Dan Patrick Show
    11:00a - Curling - Women's USA vs. China
    1:00p - Curling - USA vs. Scotland: Mixed Doubles
    4:30p - NASCAR America
    6:00p - Curling - USA vs. Scotland
    8:00p - 2017 World Women's Curling Championship
    11:00p - Formula One Racing - Australian Grand Prix, Practice
    12:00a - Formula One Racing - Australian Grand Prix, Practice 2

Friday, Mar 24
    1:30a - Off the Grid - Melbourne
    6:00a - Pro Football Talk
    8:00a - The Dan Patrick Show
    1:30p - Premiership Rugby - Bristol Rugby vs. Gloucester Rugby
    7:30p - NASCAR Racing - K&N Pro West Series: NKNPS West Tucson
    8:30p - Shotgun
    11:30p - Formula One Racing - Australian Grand Prix, Practice

Saturday, Mar 25
    1:00a - Formula One Racing - Australian Grand Prix, Qualifying
    5:00a - Premier League Behind the Badge: West Bromwich Albion FC
    5:30a - Premier League Behind the Badge: West Bromwich Albion FC
    6:00a - Premier League Match of the Week
    8:00a - Premier League Match of the Week
    9:30a - Horse Racing - Dubai World Cup
    4:00p - Boat Racing - Super Boat International Offshore Racing
    5:00p - Reno Air Race - Gentleman, You Have a Race!
    6:00p - 2017 World Women's Curling Championship
    9:30p - Formula One Racing - Australian Grand Prix, Qualifying
    11:00p - F1 Pre-Race
    11:30p - Formula One Racing - Australian Grand Prix

Sunday, Mar 26
    2:00a - F1 Extra
    5:00a - Premier League Match of the Week
    7:00a - Premier League Match of the Week
    8:45a - Premiership Rugby - Saracens vs. Bath Rugby
    2:00p - 2017 World Women's Curling Championship
    5:00p - NHL Live
    6:00p - NHL Hockey - Philadelphia Flyers at Pittsburgh Penguins
    8:45p - NHL Overtime
    9:30p - NHL Sunday Shootout: The Week in Review
    10:00p - Sports Jeopardy!
    10:30p - Sports Jeopardy!
    11:00p - Sports Jeopardy!
    11:30p - Sports Jeopardy!
    12:00a - World Series of Fighting 35

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...Englisch%29%29

Here are the numbers concerning top speeds throughout the two tests. Ferrari on top , whatever that means (running light ?, engine mode full power ? , engine really good ? or they still have at least one second in bag ? )

Team Top-Speed Speed Start/Ziel Differenz
    Ferrari 340.6 km/h 293.4 km/h 47.2 km/h
    Williams 339.6 km/h 294.2 km/h 45.4 km/h
    Mercedes 338.5 km/h 292.6 km/h 45.9 km/h
    Haas F1 333.3 km/h 291.1 km/h 42.2 km/h
    Red Bull 331.2 km/h 293.4 km/h 37.8 km/h
    Renault 331.2 km/h 290.3 km/h 40.9 km/h
    Toro Rosso 329.2 km/h 288.0 km/h 41.2 km/h
    Force India 327.2 km/h 289.5 km/h 37.7 km/h
    Sauber 325.3 km/h 287.2 km/h 38.1 km/h
    McLaren 324.3 km/h 285.7 km/h 38.6 km/h

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...Englisch%29%29

Here are the numbers concerning top speeds throughout the two tests. Ferrari on top , whatever that means (running light ?, engine mode full power ? , engine really good ? or they still have at least one second in bag ? )

Team Top-Speed Speed Start/Ziel Differenz
    Ferrari 340.6 km/h 293.4 km/h 47.2 km/h
    Williams 339.6 km/h 294.2 km/h 45.4 km/h
    Mercedes 338.5 km/h 292.6 km/h 45.9 km/h
    Haas F1 333.3 km/h 291.1 km/h 42.2 km/h
    Red Bull 331.2 km/h 293.4 km/h 37.8 km/h
    Renault 331.2 km/h 290.3 km/h 40.9 km/h
    Toro Rosso 329.2 km/h 288.0 km/h 41.2 km/h
    Force India 327.2 km/h 289.5 km/h 37.7 km/h
    Sauber 325.3 km/h 287.2 km/h 38.1 km/h
    McLaren 324.3 km/h 285.7 km/h 38.6 km/h

with new extra downforce regulations, the corner apex speeds are the real differentiator. Higher the apex speeds the lower the lap times not the straight line speeds

Quote Originally Posted by mhmalik View Post
    with new extra downforce regulations, the corner apex speeds are the real differentiator. Higher the apex speeds the lower the lap times not the straight line speeds
    You are missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by mhmalik View Post
    And FYI with the new regs top speeds matter even more. I'll give you a hint 'efficient downforce' :) aka having downforce without adding drag .

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    And FYI with the new regs top speeds matter even more. I'll give you a hint 'efficient downforce' :) aka having downforce without adding drag .
    Overtaking will be difficult this year as these cars are to aero sensitive. The lead car will have the advantage running into clean air and pull away 2 to 5sec. per lap. Q3 pole and the first turn of any GP will determine who wins the race(86% was the outcome last year giving P1 and the first turn).

Its not like the past where you follow a car and draft then pass....todays F1 cars: you follow the car and you lose downforce cuz of the "dirty/unclean" air.

I'm not too worried about the number of overtakes. I want to be on the edge of my seat watching someone try. Will they, won't they, which line... Can't wait. Hope that's how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

May I remind you that last season Manor had the top speed in most of the GP 's speed traps?

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    May I remind you that last season Manor had the top speed in most of the GP 's speed traps?
    Because they had 0 aero!!!
    Now we are have the top speed AND we are the fastest on corners!!!
    At least in testing.Lets see!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Horner: Mercedes are still very much the favourite.

“Ferrari had a positive pre-season, they look like they have a good car but we are reasonably confident that we have the basis of a good car.

“It will now be all about development throughout the season and we are hopeful we can close the gap to Mercedes.”

Grosjean: “Ferrari has made a good step [with the engine],” he said. “The drivability was very good. We haven't yet had qualifying maximum power, which you only get at the racetrack, but I've got a good feeling that this engine is going to be nicely pushing us on the straight.”
    http://www.crash.net/f1/news/242904/...o-maximum.html