Page 49 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162637499 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 3405

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

I think when Ferrari supply PU's to other teams, the price already includes Ferrari engine techs that are embedded in the customer team. Good for team because Ferrari is there to help them maximize the PU and good for Ferrari cause they can observe what is being done with each PU

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I think they did not try hard enough.
    They have so much money, its a shame they dropped the ball.
    I cant quite understand. Then what are Honda doing in F1 if they are not doing their best to be competitive? If an automotive brand has catastrophic results in Formula 1 that's disastrous marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I cant quite understand. Then what are Honda doing in F1 if they are not doing their best to be competitive? If an automotive brand has catastrophic results in Formula 1 that's disastrous marketing.
    Yes, I agree with you. Even they said, they thought it would be "easy" to make an engine for 2017! Its crazy for a company to say that!

Mercedes Benz, Renault, and Ferrari already had a jump on it going into 2014....MB was way ahead of the two. Now Honda comes in with nothing and have to play catch up. First year was tough as everyone was having some issues. 2nd year and towards the end Renault had theirs ironed out....not Honda. 2016 Honda is still having issues and they are spending over $100 million on this current PU formula. Now Honda has a way of doing things as well as Mclaren who know more about schedules and time limits...Honda and Mclaren have two different ideologies. Also, these current PU's are so complicated and super expensive but on that note, we're in year 4 and Honda is still having issues!!!!....something needs to change but Honda is determined to figure this thing out if I know the Japanese....they have the cash and if they have to spend it, they will. Its unfortunate and at the same time mind boggleing because they have the resources i.e. cash, tech, super computer mainframe (CFD for aero, engine combustion, etc), personel, office in Milton Keynes (there is an ad in a motorsport mag and they are hiring F1 tech's?????). Disastrous marketing??????? Not for Honda as they never advertise for their production vehicles with a relation to F1. This is a "hobby" for them as they are gathering ALOT of tech/info to put into their future production cars. They can exit F1 anytime they want and still their cars, bikes, lawnmowers, generators, etc. will sell globally.

their motto/slogan " Honda - the power of dreams".....in F1 it should be " Honda - it dreams of power"
    Attachment 7063
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 7th April 2017 at 00:59.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Disastrous marketing??????? Not for Honda as they never advertise for their production vehicles with a relation to F1. This is a "hobby" for them as they are gathering ALOT of tech/info to put into their future production cars. They can exit F1 anytime they want and still their cars, bikes, lawnmowers, generators, etc. will sell globally.

their motto/slogan " Honda - the power of dreams".....in F1 it should be " Honda - it dreams of power"
    Well of course it won't ruin them. However, they will have a huge advertising disadvantage compared to their rivals. When the hybrid era with road cars is fully here, a lot of people won't be too keen on buying Honda cars imo. Nevertheless, Honda will keep on making billions, no doubt about that. On the other side, Mercedes will advertise their hybrid era in F1 to the fullest, so will Ferrari and so will Renault to an extent.

That ad in the motorsport mag cracked me up though

First he was gonna resign, then stay on board, now resign again?????......interesting!

Here's a pic of the SF70-H cooling floor....bulge is the coolant being circulated maybe???

Attachment 7064

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    I was thinking about "the open up a engine" last year when Ferrari was selling engines to toro roso. I'm not sure but Ferrari help Reno to fix there engines with out Ferrari knowing?
    No they can't. PU's are sealed by FIA and need permission to work on them. Ferrari & FIA would know if seals are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    No they can't. PU's are sealed by FIA and need permission to work on them. Ferrari & FIA would know if seals are broken.
    I understand that, but they can see where the turbo is located and the combustion works at list from out side and other pieces. That what come to my mine anyways.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

I understand that, but they can see where the turbo is located and the combustion works at list from out side and other pieces. That what come to my mine anyways.
    i like your screen name....man those were the good old days....i remember being at Montreal GP in 2004 and those V10's were ABSOLUTE screamers

sound in F1 as we all know it, will NEVER be the same
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

First he was gonna resign, then stay on board, now resign again?????......interesting!
    It looks like Agnelli doesn't favor him much.

People, customer teams have NO ACCESS to the engines their cars use. The supplying deals include a team of engineers and mechanics from the manufacturer, and they're the only ones alllowed to work on the engines. That includes McLaren when they were a simple Merc client, and Toro Rosso last year when they used a 2015 Ferrari engine as a last minute solution.
    So no, Honda and Renault didn't learn anything from those deals
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i like your screen name....man those were the good old days....i remember being at Montreal GP in 2004 and those V10's were ABSOLUTE screamers

sound in F1 as we all know it, will NEVER be the same
    Thank you. That was the old good days. I miss that time honestly.
    I remember getting up with my wife to watch the races at any time, 1 am sometimes.
    MS is the driver that I support. Big admiration I have for what he did and how he did it in and out the track. I have almost all the books that people has written about him. Any way... today my inspiration is Ferrari and looking Foward for the season to unfold in a positive way for the team. I always have been passionate about the history of Ferrari and how the name was built until today and I'm German hahaha

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    People, customer teams have NO ACCESS to the engines their cars use. The supplying deals include a team of engineers and mechanics from the manufacturer, and they're the only ones alllowed to work on the engines. That includes McLaren when they were a simple Merc client, and Toro Rosso last year when they used a 2015 Ferrari engine as a last minute solution.
    So no, Honda and Renault didn't learn anything from those deals
    What about Red Bull with their re-branded Tag Heur engine? Are only Renault engineers allowed to work on that one?

Here's a pic of the SF70-H cooling floor....bulge is the coolant being circulated maybe???

Attachment 7064
    Better one....

That's a different floor than the one they had at testing. Seems like a risk to put cooling that close to the edge, which makes me doubt there is any fluid in there. Maybe a new design, smooth out some airflow or something.

What about Red Bull with their re-branded Tag Heur engine? Are only Renault engineers allowed to work on that one?
    Maybe thats the reason they rebranded it? So they have access to the engine, if what our friend here says is true. Just asking...

Yeah that might help, but a layout of where everything goes can be accessed even by journalists, like Ted. I think what helps, when anyone comes with something revolutionary, is the leak of information. Whether is someone hired from the top team, that knows or just a rat inside the team, doing it for big money, the great idea is always leaked sooner or later. Especially when most of them are door to door neighbours in England, except us and Honda

So TAG (Techniques d'Avant Garde) is a private holding company and is involved in aviation and motorsport (currently run by the son Monsour Ojjeh(????)) and acquired the watchmaker Heuer in the past, hence TAG Heuer; which has put its name on Porsche engines in the past (commissioned) and "sponsors" Redbull currently by putting its name on the Renault engine. So to answer your question, Yes, only renault engineers are allowed to work on it.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 7th April 2017 at 23:33.

So TAG (Techniques d'Avant Garde) is a private holding company and is involved in aviation and motorsport (currently run by the son Monsour Ojjeh(????)) and acquired the watchmaker Heuer in the past, hence TAG Heuer; which has put its name on Porsche engines in the past (commissioned) and "sponsors" Redbull currently by putting its name on the Renault engine. So to answer your question, Yes, only renault engineers are allowed to work on it.
    Too bad Renault can't take proper credit if Red Bull has success because of that engine though.

Believe Tag-Heuer watches (run by J.C.Biver with Hublot and Zenith brands) now owned/controlled by LVMH and that Mansour Ojjeh may no longer have a connection. TAG may have some kind of separate identity and rented the name for Renault's use? LVMH's Hublot (you blow) does atrociously designed Ferrari-linked watches and is a team sponsor with sticker space on our cars, I doubt that M.Ojjeh would have anything to do with that given his long stake and continuing association with McLaren.

edge flap on the floor flexing

https://streamable.com/kpdl4

Quote Originally Posted by emirBoz View Post
    edge flap on the floor flexing

https://streamable.com/kpdl4
    wow! is that allowed?

Last edited by nani_s23; 10th April 2017 at 13:07.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns36165.html
    who is this bloody called pundit. Is he as pundit.??
    Confirmation we've done a good job

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns36165.html
    who is this bloody called pundit. Is he as pundit.??
    His name, Christian Danner, is in your linked article. He had a 28 year racing career so perhaps he knows a thing or two of motor racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    His name, Christian Danner, is in your linked article. He had a 28 year racing career so perhaps he knows a thing or two of motor racing.
    hmmm...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Maybe he knows about racing, clearly does not know about FIA rules wings will be tested and if they pass the test then it's legal.
    Forza Ferrari

if anyone has the time, can you translate this article please?

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...ahrain-892156/

TIA!